PPL

what is the best PPL program?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/

i used coolcicadas ppl routine when i was new at lifting. pretty good strengthwise but was a pain in the ass for me to do it since i didnt recover fast enough for p/p/l/p/p/l/rest

Give me a 2 a day PPL, any time I'm not lifting I'm doing mobility work
>unemployed

start doing upper/lower split. Everything else is a meme unless you are on gear

I do Push/Pull/Rest.

Push:
OHP
Pushups
Tricep extensions
Bulgarian split squats
Standing calf raises
BB wrist curls
Abs

Pull:
Pullups
DB row
BB bicep curl
DB lateral raises
Trap bar deadlifts
Sitting calf raises
Wrist curls
Abs

Doing a linear progression on everything, after years of trying different routines this is my favorite. Best mix of full body work, frequency, volume, intensity, and rest that I've found.

To clarify why just pushups for chest, I have overdeveloped pecs so I'm deliberately keeping chest work light.

>unemployed
>2 day program

fucking deny yourself my man

im wageslaving here away and i still hit home gym everyday

These aren't PPL you retards, they're upper/lower splits.

For me personally, I just feel too tired to do back and chest on the same day. It always feels like i'm neglecting one of them by focusing more energy on the other.

>PPL program

nothing quite screams "my fedora can't stop tipping" like this horse shit "routine".

you should warmup with rows and lat work before benching anyway

>t. Fatass powerlifter

>anime

>the retard calling others bitchboys for doing sumo deadlifts strike again, today without new anime girl reaction picture

when will you post your physique with timestamp ?

Correct. Metallicadpa made a good program

I hate that this is actually a decent routine that goes out of its way to exclude power lifts. Would be better with dips instead of push ups, lateral raises on push day, and RDL on pull day.

Good observations. Dips are out because of a shoulder injury, I put lateral raises on pull day because I really enjoy hitting shoulders each workout, and I prefer trap bar DL to regular because of old running injuries.

If I wasn't snapped up your suggestions would be A-OK in my book.

I'll give this PPL routine a try looks like it could be good, will probably just start on maintenance (2k)

show us that sweet 135 max bench, breh.

After doing SS for a year I was thinking about doing this program because I have more free time (and I don't want to look like a t-rex)

Now I want to add a little cardio because I've noticed that I still get tired after jogging for like 5 minutes. I was thinking about doing a little boxing (just punching a bag while hopping around) for like 10 minutes after the two leg days. Would this interfere with any of the program and would this even benefit my stamina?

hi guys

I'm doing this, with just a couple alterations.
>swapped facepulls for high-bar shrugs
>swapped the first 3 sets of lat raises for 3 sets of front raises
>dropped leg curls because no leg curl machine, no GHR machine, and too weak for natty GHR
>occasionally swap front squats for zerchers
Any tips or feedback?

I fucked up my shoulder's consistently when I started lifting heavier weights. Didn't stop until I started doing face pulls. You might not need to do them but I sure wish I started doing them from the start, even if it had been with resistance bands.

Other than that the changes aren't that significant, you still have a good program.

>people unironically following reddit advice
shaking my head, familia
>swapped facepulls for high-bar shrugs
rear delt != traps
>lat raises for front raises
side delts != anterior delts (and front raises are a pretty awful exercise)

Then do PPLxPPLx instead, bud

I swapped out only half the lat raises. There are 6 sets in the original program. I will add cable facepulls back in though, thanks anons.

He said 2-a-day. As in two exercise sessions per day.

Push - bench press, skull crushers, alt pec flies, alt delt raise, ohp, incline bench, dips, shoulder shrugs, tricep pushdown

Pull - deadlifts, low row, chin up, pull up, concentration curl, preacher curl, mercy thirties, lat pulldown, hammer curl, bent over rows

Rate mates

>people unironically following reddit advice
Yeah I much prefer Veeky Forums advice, like "don't do OHP, it's dangerous", and "squats and deadlifts are virgin exercises, just do leg press and rows".

shrugs should be in pull

that's not Veeky Forums advice. But hey it seems you're more at your pace at reddit. 'bye my friend

Is it a dumb move to do PPL when I'm a complete noob? I get that something like SS or SL are the most ideal, but really I just want to work out 6 times a week. Is there a program like that out there?

Seems you don't even browse the board lmoa

perfect
I'd add a dropset on few accessories but perfect

seems you can't distinguish memesters from legit advice. a herd of acritical feel-good brainlets self-aggrandizing while stroking their 5" cawk around nothing more nothing less than some unknown & unnamed tripfaggot doing it for free who dictates what is good what is bad according to the last crossfit tendencies and who no one has ever seen in photo, video and who may as weel don't even lift is a better choice for you. 'bye!

You're describing Veeky Forums lmoa

Not doing PPL at all.

>whatever you do is wrong and literally anything else is right