Why is it that everyone online says it's impossible for me to turn pro if I start amateur boxing at age 27?

Why is it that everyone online says it's impossible for me to turn pro if I start amateur boxing at age 27?

Is it because you think it's impossible for you?
lol

Technically I would be at the start of my prime and blast through the competition

there's your biological age, and then there's your fighter age

by 21 years old, you've got guys who have a fighter age of 11. they've got over a decade of physical and neural conditioning to physical combat. you can't compensate for that kind of muscle memory and reflexive training just by hopping in with no training and trying hard

now it's not to say that it's impossible for you to enjoy the sport of boxing and possibly experience wins among people at your level, but you have to be realistic about this

but I've been training and sparring on and off since 10 years ago

This is exactly right. I started Muay Thai at 18 and even that was too late for me to become pro. That being said, you can still compete, still learn alot, and still have fun doing it.

Do you think it would have been too late for you at age 28 if you kept training?

>started at 18
>too late
sounds like an excuse to not train.
this isn't star wars jedi shit lmao

So what you're saying is OP needs to fake a birth certificate that says he's 11 and clean up beating up amateur boxer kids.

Well then you already started 10 years ago.
It wouldn't count as starting now.

No I never done amateur boxing
I'm saying I'd start amateur boxing now

>Do you think it would have been too late for you at age 28 if you kept training?
Yes. The gym I went to had literal 5 year olds training with the adults. Now imagine, if they keep it up, at the age of 28, compared to someone who started as a fully developed adult. They have boxing ingrained in their brain on the same level that we have speaking and walking probably. Of course, I'm still gonna give it my all, but I know that I can't compete at that level.

That being said, I encourage you to try, who knows, maybe you're gifted.

why would you want to be a pro boxer? Seriously lad, especially if you don't make it pro, it sucks. Concussions are a serious thing, I know this from experience. Feeling like a badass in the ring for a bit isn't worth the mood swings, depression, anxiety, memory loss, etc.

Oh I'm not gifted
I don't believe anyone is truly gifted enough to just beat consistent effort

What I do know is that muscle insertions playing a vital role in sports, a better way to train than most of the traditional training by taking out the fluff and adding important shit in to punch harder (mainly scapular work through internal/external rotations), and that consistency in training will make you seem great.

I mean how many people run in boots these days? That's how the greats jogged, and there's a reason why they said running will build up your legs. Not in lightweight running shoes.

Also you gotta look at the gyms you're in, I trained in 7 gyms, and looking back 5 of those gyms were actually shit even though I enjoyed them.
A gym needs multiple licensed coaches who have active amateur fighters who corners with USA boxing license, 1+ active pro fighter, and has trophies and shit to show for it. Not because it looks fancy but because of the quality of the coaches. Sure you can get tired doing combos on mits, but it's not really fight training.

You're kinda right, but you also over estimate how intensive training for people below 16 usually is.
It might give them an edge, but a serious training will quickly close that gap.

Then again I'm not saying that more training isn't useful, but it doesn't automatically make you a better fighter.
There's also the fact that everyone think going pro is trying to be the next Mohammed Ali, or some young talent like Lomachenko (who has like 20 millions amateur fights but whatever), and arguably, high level amateur boxing is way harder than low level pro boxing.

>mood swings, depression, anxiety, memory loss, etc.
I think every male with high enough testosterone to find fighting amusing already has all that

>this isn't star wars jedi shit lmao
Well, it is. If you start out at the age of 5 and keep it out for 20 years, at 25 years old fighting is gonna be as natural as walking for you. And only the most talented fighters out of those kids who have been training for 20 years from the age of 5 will make it and become world class.
>I don't believe anyone is truly gifted enough to just beat consistent effort
Well, some people are, but they are very rare.
>You're kinda right, but you also over estimate how intensive training for people below 16 usually is.
>It might give them an edge, but a serious training will quickly close that gap.
Well, depends, some people start competing from a very young age. People who compete and win from a young age are training pretty fucking seriously

Your recovery speed and neuromotor learning ability is already much slower than it was 10 years ago, or 20 years ago. Sure, you are probably strong and hit hard, but do you think your body can consistently take 12-14 training sessions per week? Take up boxing as a hobby if you enjoy it, but unless you have extensive martial art experience, don't set yourself up for a disappointment. Good luck senpai

>12-14 training sessions per week?
nobody can unless they're on steroids
I mean goddamn look at Tyson when he was 14 at jr. olympics
fucker is built like mid to late 20s

>If you start out at the age of 5 and keep it out for 20 years, at 25 years old fighting is gonna be as natural as walking for you
That's not how motor development of human body and CNS-motor neurons works, that's just the average joe excuse you hear over and over. Once again, star wars jedi excuse.

not the guy you're replying to, but I seriously think you're underselling how significant consistent training is when it comes to performance in specific sports. exposure to thousands of combat situations to solidify and sharpen learned responses and adjustments on autopilot versus a blank slate is not going to be a contest. every day people going through midlife crises step into the ring thinking they're going to go super saiyan on some guy in his prime and damn near get literally murdered. not just a loss, but a goddamn legal homicide. anyone who signs an amateur up for a pro fight is absolutely a sadist who is lookig to profit off betting against their guy. these hype machine gyms promising older dudes that they'll go pro with a 6 week program are like human farms to fatten guys up on ego validation before sending them off to the slaughterhouse.

now you've still got your genetic freaks who were just born with nanomachines in their blood and can somehow become a demon from nothing in 4 months, but the exception proves the rule.

>Be me
>Get into Kung Fu course
>Instructor's son is about my age
>Been training since he was 6
>I've been in less than two years and my precision of movement is often complimented by instructor and pointed out to his son as an example
>Four ranks below son, beat his ass in class competition
Time spent means NOTHING without dedication and mental focus.

Yes, consistency matters when your body is developed

A 5 years old running is completely different from a mature man running

Now a mature man training to run for 5 years has the possibility to beat the kid who has been running for 25 years

This is the stupidest shit I've ever wasted my time reading

It's nothing but "what-ifs" and possible scenarios and movie scenes
Also you seem goddamn scared of the ring because of those movie scenes

Show me one of those fights where some average joe gets "murdered." It must be easy to find if it happens "everyday."

a kid who has been running for 25 years is a mature man who has been running for 25 years

a mature man with 25 years of experience against another mature man with 5 years of experience

I'm sure there's a statistical possibility for it to go the way of the man with 1/5th the experience of the other man, but it ain't a possibility I'd bet my house on

Maybe

>a kid who has been running for 25 years is a mature man who has been running for 25 years
No, a kid who has been running for 25 years is a man who's been running as he was maturing and a man who's been running for the past 10 years or so after maturing.

all this ra-ra macho man "don't be scared" nonsense is exactly what I'm talking about

we're not talking about never getting into the ring at all, we're talking about the concept of a man over the age of 25 claiming that he can, and I quote OP, "blast through the competition" against lifelong professionals

not just do it as a hobby

not just learn boxing

not just fight amateurs

but literally start boxing for the first time and manhandle contenders at a pro level

if you think nothing about that sounds unrealistic, I think you're the one watching too many movies

You're completely missing the point yet again
and you typed something completely useless yet again

Nobody is or was talking about fear. Only you are.

Why wouldn't someone training seriously with steady fighting knowledge of 10 years be able to handle low level pros? Why wouldn't some 27 years old with 10 years of sparring be able to handle amateurs when he's getting into amateurs?

>Nobody is or was talking about fear.

Let's take a look at the post I replied to >Also you seem goddamn scared of the ring because of those movie scenes

From this, I deduce that equates a rational analysis of untrained fighters' prospects against highly trained fighters to "being scared of the ring"

Do you disagree with this deduction that was talking about fear?

But while you're working on that, I'll just get on to the last bit of your post which poses a valid question

> Why wouldn't some 27 years old with 10 years of sparring be able to handle amateurs when he's getting into amateurs?

As mentioned before, it's not absolutely impossible for a dedicated amateur to make a showing against other amateurs, but the chances of going pro and "dominating the competition" are objectively super shitty. If you disagree then it's not actually me you're pissed at, but the reality of the situation at hand. No one's stopping you from trying your luck, but there's a difference between being consciously brave and delusional

You were the one talking about super saiyans, getting murdered, sadists, and near homicides.
You were talking about fear and now you're backtracking.
You also type like an idiot.. You also have no idea what the environment of contact sport training is. You also have no idea that training styles can differ.

You are actually worthless. Keep living in fear, unfulfilled drone.

Most pros are in decline by 27, and you would just be starting to learn. That's not to say that you can't or shouldn't try.

You asked for honest answers when all you really wanted was an echo chamber to validate what you wanted to hear.

>can I go pro and dominate the competition at 27 as an amateur
>chances aren't great m8, a lot of amateur guys get destroyed by pro level guys.
>fuck you I don't like how you type you know nothing ad hominem attack

but you don't have to believe me. learn it firsthand

K drone, not even OP

Keep typing anime tropes and go major in business. You're a waste of everyone's time.

Love you too cupcake

literal chop socky kung fu bullshit
get the fuck out of here

You are the only one peddling anime and movie tropes here with your brainless cheesy stereotypical american "muh hard work conquers all" bullshit.

Yes, hard work and dedication can take you amazingly far, but physical (and statistical) reality is still a fucking thing, There are hundreds of millions of people living in the US alone, and for every mid-20s guy like you who is trying to "give it all", there are dozens of genetically gifted teenagers sweating their ass off in shifty backdoor boxing/MMA gyms.

These guys all work just as hard as you (regardless of how much you think you are "totally hardcore bro"), have done it longer than you, and a few of them are probably also going to be more genetically gifted than you.

And YEAH, sorry to break it to you, but biology exists. GENETICS ARE REAL. Some people respond better to training stimuli and have higher endurance/strength capabilities than others. The problem is that autists like you spend so much time on Veeky Forums and watching cringy motivational videos that you can't accept simple facts of reality so the moment you read the word "genetics" in regards to reasonable physical limitations of what a human being can reasonably accomplish your bird brain immediately associates it with some tumblr fatty making excuses for why she is 400lbs

Sorry you don't got the gifts bra :^]