Back angle when squatting

Let's settle this once and for all, Veeky Forums: what's the correct back angle when squatting?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5vjvzm82etQ
youtube.com/watch?v=VcEsmhVag1c
mysquatmechanics.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Completely and utterly depends on individual hip and femoral morphology.

This.
As long as the bar is above your center of gravity, its all good.

The bar needs to move in a straight line, and your weight needs to be over your heels. I have found low-bar squats to work the best for me at higher weights.

Do you have back issues or something OP?

Just don't even barbell squat at all, it's an unnecessarily risky exercise.

Do kettlebell squats: youtu.be/5vjvzm82etQ

My gym doesn't have 300 lb kettle bells

Keep your back and chest parallel to the floor during a squat

>dont work on your weaknesses guys!

I like Jeff but that video was retarded

>holds kettlebell in front of him
>"there's no weight down through my spine now"

wow, i forgot that your spine is magically devoid of any load whenever you hold a weight in front of you with your hands instead of on your traps. furthermore, single leg squats aren't great for your knees in the first place and are way more risky for progressive resistance than a simple back squat.

why do faggots like this try to speak with such authority on these types of things?

>breaks at knees and only knees
is he retarded?

/thread

thread is over, go home everyone

>why do faggots like this try to speak with such authority on these types of things?
Jeff = physical trainer and therapist
Rip = geologist who happens to own a gym????

I don't know, leave me alone dude.

If you want to look good (big quads), squat like bodybuilders/weightlifters (upright torso).

If you just want a big ass, squat like Rippetoe teaches, looking at the floor like pic related.

is he really a therapist? because he's talking like a fucking dropout when he implies that your spine doesn't take any load doing goblet squats. i'm a therapist myself, and i'd never in a million years make my non-athletes do a one-legged squat. it's unnecessary, what he's saying is clickbait.

Only some people are blessed with the ability to squat both high bar and low bar without any issues.

I've coached a number of athletes whose hip and femur anatomy did not allow them to squat high bar. Did their asses outpace their quads? Yes. But with proper coaching, programming, and use of leg press...all in balances were corrected

If you're a squatting machine with small femurs, wonderful. But even that has its disadvantages

The vast majority of people who lift weights won't reach a level where these different leverages actually matter

BBRRRRAAAAAAPPPPPPPPP

kek

Who is she

Since this is a thread about squatting I had a question for you guys.
I've been lifting for a couple months on a linear progression program and I used to do high-bar squat no problem since the weight was low but now that the weight is kinda heavy and I still don't have traps im getting pain on top of the scapula after squatting. I tried low-bar squat but my shoulder mobility is shit and I can't do it, should I just go with front squats?

Depends on your proportions. I have stubby manlet femurs and my low-bar squat looks like a high-bar squat.

youtube.com/watch?v=VcEsmhVag1c

>shoulder mobility too shit to do a low bar squat
>implying you'll be able to hold a front rack
lmao

i've seen that exact thing happen plenty of times, those things require flexibility in different areas

>she

cheeky girl

Well what should I do then? Mobility exercices until I can low-bar squat and lower weight higher volumes meanwhile?

power through the pain Tbh

And you don't want to round the back forward and lose hip tension.

If it was muscle pain I wouldn't mind but bone pain? That seems a bit dangerous to power through no?

nah, small girls do it all the time, you can as well.

>settle this once and for all

it's been settled, now fuk off

That picture is misleading, a baby's squat mechanics will not, and cannot, be the same as your mechanics. Due to the baby's head being of disproportionate size and weight relative to the rest of its body, effectively counterbalancing it, it is able to achieve greater depth, a more acute hip angle, and keep its knees farther back than would be possible for any grown human.

not to mention a baby's femurs are absolutely tiny relative to its torso, giving the baby perfect squat mechanics and a torso that's basically vertical in the hole

>you'll never be a baby with perfect squat mechanics

>tfw no cheekie gf

I am a female. I kept leaning forward and then put two 5lb weights under my heels and straightened out more. I realized I was trying to bend my back to compensate for my inability to properly squat ass to grass.

>I am a female.
And................????

C O P E

>back is parallel with shins
>knee and hip joints have identical angles

This is what a beautiful, balanced squat looks like.

>weight on heels
one ticket to snap city please.

>Rip = geologist who happens to own a gym

No wonder he has such a rock solid routine

This squat form is very aesthetic

Why is it that I see recommendations for flat shoes everywhere but lifting shoes seem to have large heels? Did I miss something?

How do you know if the bar is above your centre of gravitation

have someone see if its over the middle of your foot

For someone in my 50s with low back pain, this just makes sense

again these idiots that dont understand basic mechanics.
the center of gravity of your whole system (body+bar+weight) has to be over your midfoot.
that's the same reason the bar path is not straight in a perfect squat

>The bar needs to move in a straight line
NOOOOOOOOOOOO U FUCKIG NOOB

>50s
???

It happens

Absolutely yes considering they're two different things requiring different skill sets

Yes

You're a fucking mong if it isn't moving in a straight line.

>Having hundreds of pounds of mass wobbling around the floorspace on your back

>2017

>multiple hundreds
You forget where we are

mysquatmechanics.com/
educate yourself, chimp

That website has no bearing on it being really fucking stupid to not have a loaded barbell going up and down vertically. What point are you even trying to make?