Military Fitness

Hey Veeky Forums, its /k/ here. Gonna be going in for training in around 8 weeks. Though I know I am a weak little bitch. I am mostly worried about the semi-annual PT test though. If you don't know here are the requirements.

2 Mile Run: 15:56
Push ups: 42
Sit-ups: 53

My current standards are.

2 Mile Run: 16:00
Push ups: 45
Sit-ups: 58

I'm not aiming to just cut it close but surpass in those events. Also to get jacked somewhere down the line, but my current focus is exceeding the standards of whats given me so i'm not cutting it close.

I've been trying just to do the test over and over every other day to get better at it and it worked for some time but i'm starting to realize I am accomplishing very little by doing that and Veeky Forums may have a better way.

So any routines to increase my performance in these next 8 weeks?

Also just overall military fitness thread.

you're already ready and will probably be better than 90% of the other recruits. try running longer distances.

Literally all you need to do is run constantly.
The better you are at running the less shit you'll get because the instructors only dish out PT punishment for two reasons.
1. They don't think you'll pass the PT test
2. You're a superstar and a lightning rod to keep the other people in line.
That's it, unless you do something to piss off your instructors.

I just want any help at getting better than I already am, I don't like cutting it so close is all and I wan't to be at peak performance when I show up.

Do the pushups while wearing a weighted vest

I don't own one.

what branch

Then a back pack retard

Army. Aiming for Armored Unit. Probably do a secondary MOS as either Infantry or Chaplain bodyguard.

I'm sorry I have no idea why I didn't think about that.

Do about 80% long (5mi) slow runs to improve baseline cardio + joint strength and then occasional timed (2mi) runs.

Mix up your pushups/situps with your standard lifting program.

As said before I have no standard lifting program, I have never done any type of planning or something for workouts. I would literally just wake up and do the PT test then thats it for the day. I have no idea what i'm doing so i'm here.

If I were in your position I would:

>Rotate everyday: 1) Put 15 minutes on a timer and run as far as possible each time, 2) Stick 20kg of weight in a backpack and go for hour long walks
>Push/sit ups for speed 3x I noticeably slow, rotated daily with 1xAMRAP
>Practice pull ups
>Watch what I eat to lose any overfat. 5'11 at 160-180lbs will make your time easier

Also, make sure you're doing push/sits with correct army form and are NOT doing runs on a treadmill.

>Army
gay af. good luck homo

Secondary MOS's are a meme. And if you go into basic being able to pass the requirements your recruiter gave you (something like 20 push ups, 30 sit ups, 9 min mile) you'll be fine. The point of basic training is to train you to be able to do all the high speed infantry shit and pass an apft

Do Ivysaur 4-4-8 and add on extra pushups and shit

Just run faster, lol

well i've been doing all my runs on a treadmill so I assume I should stop that now then.

>joining the army
Like being a cop but even more of a cuck lel

Yfw

If you can pass the pt test now, you'll be fine once you go to basic. The only thing that weeds people out of basic is the pt test. You'll be doing pt 6 days a week so you'll literally be fine. We had a guy who could only do 2 push-ups at the first pt test and he still ended up passing with 35 push-ups. You'll be fine just make sure you pt now so you'll do even better later on

This is how I prepared:
1 min of push-ups
Rest 1 min
1 min of sit ups
Rest 1 min
Restart
Repeat 5x
Then the next day run 2 miles
Then the next day do push-ups again
This is what you'll be doing in basic every day at 6 am so get used to it

Anyone here pass RASP?