Daily reminder that your health should always be more important than getting big, so:

Daily reminder that your health should always be more important than getting big, so:

>reduce sodium intake
>reduce saturated fat intake
>reduce simple sugar intake
>eliminate trans fat intake
>consume enough fiber
>make sure you're consuming enough micronutrients -- don't skip the salad
>start doing cardio if you aren't

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturated_fat_and_cardiovascular_disease_controversy#Systematic_reviews
bmj.com/content/314/7074/112
youtube.com/watch?v=DpZIXWpN1og
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12079860
instagram.com/die.freeman/
youtube.com/watch?v=q1oB569xq88
webmd.com/cholesterol-management/features/truth-about-saturated-fats
trainingscience.net/?page_id=253
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>>reduce sodium intake
>>reduce saturated fat intake

oH iT's ThE 90s AgAiN. cOoL!

Who is this hoe and do you have more?

>in studies where sodium and/or saturated fat intake are reduced, the risk of cardiovascular problems decreases

Really makes you think.

>>reduce sodium intake
enjoy your infertility

>being healthy reduces fertility

It doesn't. Getting a heart attack at age 40 does.

Why would I reduce sodium intake? There is no link or correlation between consumption in of sodium in adolescence or young adulthood and high blood pressure later in life. There is only a correlation that once your blood pressure becomes high (age/genetics) laying off the salt can help reduce it in some people. Though many people on low sodium diets will still have above average blood pressure. Which in and of itself isn't a nail in the coffin either as being above average doesn't equal unhealthy. Because as we know from stats class an average is just a composition of all the data divided by the number of subjects, not a real or ideal number necessarily. I.e. the avg. American house has 2.5 kids doesn't mean we all have half a severed child in the basement.

>sodium and saturated fats are the cause of health problems associated with diet
>it's not the palm oil, soy or any of the artificial chemicals in almost everything we consume

keep sodium in balance with potassium (which means half as much sodium as potassium).

Saturated fats are great for health and increase HDL cholesterol in ratio to total cholesterol, which affords many benefits to the cardiovascular system.

Trans fats made by ruminants such as cows are not the same as hydrolyzed oils which are the real culprits of the trans fat scare. Don't fear meat and dairy due to trans fats.

Everything else is good advice.

Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

fuck off pollan

While a causal relationship hasn't been demonstrated in humans (it has been shown in other mammals, such as monkeys and chimps, so it may very well be true for humans, too), there is strong evidence of a linear, dose–response effect of sodium reduction on blood pressure. In addition, the evidence shows that sodium reduction prevents cardiovascular disease. This evidence is based on findings from prospective cohort studies with accurate measurement of usual sodium intake.

You're wrong about blood pressure -- even being prehypertensive increases your risk of suffering from a cardiovascular event.

>According to some studies, prehypertension can increase the risk for heart attacks, strokes, congestive heart failure, and kidney failure.[15][16] One study found that a prehypertensive person is more than three times more likely to have a heart attack and 1.7 times more likely to have heart disease than a person with normal blood pressure.[17] A meta-analysis concluded that prehypertension increases the risk of stroke, and that even low-range prehypertension significantly increases stroke risk.[18]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturated_fat_and_cardiovascular_disease_controversy#Systematic_reviews

All recent meta-analyses, some of randomized-controlled trials (gold-standard), which indicates that saturated fats is a main culprit of cardiovascular disease.

It was a good book though. Seemed pretty straightforward and reasonable. There's nothing wrong with individually deciding to alter your diet in various ways but society as a whole has slipped away from a lot of useful habits around eating.

yeah i didn't mean to be so hostile, sorry. haven't read his books but i've seen a few of his talks. seems like a good dude

Don't waste your time OP, 90% of Veeky Forums doesn't give a fuck about health.

haha I wasn't upset by it, it was the response I was looking for. you should check out In Defense of Food though, it's really well written. interesting, entertaining, and quick to read

maybe I am Pollan after all...

>American heart association

a not for profit that rakes in 500 million plus a year in donations from the very people who make foods high in polyunsaturated fats and those who sell heart medication.

Really activates the almonds

I agree with you. Saturated fat and sodium is bad for you, my 9th grade Health teacher Miss. Finklestein said so. Also CNN said it too. and there are studies financed by Nabisco and Little Debbie that say saturated fat is bad for you.
My opinion is that sugar isn't that bad for you! So always buy low fat, because it has more sugar and sugar isnt' evil!

>((((Miss. Finklestein))))

>ignoring all the other studies

>Good goy, eat those saturated fats! Forget that OP said avoid simple sugars! You won't get a heart attack at 40, Dr. Shekelsberg will make sure of it!

honestly, fuck bread
agriculture was a mistake

>reduce sodium intake
Meme.
Double meme.
>reduce simple sugar intake
Triple meme.
>eliminate trans fat intake
Good advice.
>consume enough fiber
Or just chew your food.
>make sure you're consuming enough micronutrients -- don't skip the salad
Leddit.
Good advice.

>meme

No.

>double meme

No.

>triple meme

No.

>chew your food
>he thinks fiber is just for shitting

>Leddit

Faggot.

>>reduce simple sugar intake
>Triple meme.
no
>>consume enough fiber
>Or just chew your food.
this is just nonsense

>mad
>double mad

Sure is Leddit in here today.

Because cavemen were the pinnacle of human health, right?

name some ways in which they were unhealthy

compared to today, yes
>pic related

>reduce sodium intake
Please fuck off with your momscience.

>ignoring all the evidence presented in this thread

Be real, you get all your nutritional info from fatties from Veeky Forums. You don't know shit and you're too dogmatic to learn.

fug

half of the studies said they were fine.

One study said it was fine, but that had methodological limitations. All others saw decreased risk when saturated fat was reduced and/or replaced with PUFAs.

You don't know shit buddy, now listen to my dogma!

Self awareness is a powerful tool.

Nigga I'm not vegan but you're retarded if fat is more than 30-35% of your macros.

>voluntarily eating PUFAs

haha wow

>you're retarded if fat is more than 30-35% of your macros

What are you basing this statement on?

If you read all of those studies they talk about the reduction of serum cholesterol, which at face value has little to no actual value when considering those at risk for CVD and other cardiovascular issues. In half of all heart attack cases cholesterol levels are normal or low, the important element being HDL cholesterol which is heart disease preventative, and which is raised with the consumption of saturated fats.

>people whose diet consists of salted french fries are more prone to heart disease

What a shocking revelation! Nice science.

Average lifespan was like 30 years.

Dietary guidelines, disease and prevention.

yes, average. infant mortality was quite high, believe it or not, but the ones that didn't die were healthy.

Any tips on how to replace common meals without dying from hunger?

>Dietary guidelines
Lol
>disease and prevention
The ketogenic diet has been shown to reverse a ton of diseases

I eat a lot of saturated fat and get most of my daily nutrients from animal sources and I would bet a not insignificant amount of money that my blood lipid profile is better than yours or, if yours is particularly good, no worse.

Everyone I know on a low/zero carb diet that gets most of their nutrition from animals similarly have fantastic lipid profiles because sat fats being bad is absolute nonsense.

I'll go in with you on the sugar intake though. Get rid of that shit. Cut down on carbs too. Insulin resistance is the devil and is the root cause of so many neurological diseases it's ridiculous.

No, three of the studies said the recommendation to reduce saturated fats was unfounded. Four said there was merit - one of which was the AHA, the organization that's peddling the recommendation to begin with.

Honestly none of these studies are at all conclusive anyways, they are just making "best guesses" and are 99% based on unhealthy population bases. It says directly in the Wikipedia article you linked how unreliable these analyses were.

Same goes with sodium; we know sodium has an adverse effect on people with hypertension, but after countless studies nobody has been able to show any sort of correlation in healthy populations.

Same story with sugar.

"Nutritional science" is the biggest crockpot of shit, every study that comes out is peddled by some agendaed organization, if not sponsored by some particular trillion dollar industry.

>just chew your food
HAHAHAHAHA

>Increase the risk
This is one of the most statistically irrelevant and fear mongering phrases in history. If my family history/inherent genetic risk of heart disease is virtually zero because nobody in my family has lived old and died from it then an "increase in risk" of 10, 15, or even 30 percent means nothing. Math people. A beginning risk of 0×.15 means nothing.

Post pic with timestamp you fatlard

>none of these studies are at all conclusive
>are

*is

>Lol
Nice rebuttal! Oh, you defend keto for non epilepsy people? Confirmed retard.

no

We know this because cavmen had regular doctor's appointments and there was a census bureau.
>

Yes.

>none of these studies are at all conclusive
>not one of these studies are at all conclusive

See the problem?

>have low blood pressure
>doc tells me to work out and eat more salt

What is the truth

Population studies, by design, can't find a link between saturated fat and cholesterol consumption and heart disease risk due to genetic variations in baseline cholesterol levels. Two people eating the same diet can have a completely different cholesterol score and therefore a different heart disease risk. What we need are dietary change experiments which calculate cholesterol at baseline and measure the change in cholesterol post-intervention.

bmj.com/content/314/7074/112

So we know a reduction in saturated fat greatly reduces LDL concentration. Is LDL tied to heart disease? Unequivocally, yes. Even if it's true that high HDL can offset the detrimental effects of high LDL (I haven't seen any evidence to suggest so), people falling under this category are few and far between.

>In half of all heart attack cases cholesterol levels are normal or low

Define "normal or low". Is their LDL in the recommended 50-70 mg/dL?

>and which is raised with the consumption of saturated fats.

Does this offset an atherogenic effect of raising LDL-C. Does the ratio of LDL:HDL remain the same after saturated fat consumption?

>Is LDL tied to heart disease? Unequivocally, yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=DpZIXWpN1og

>In these studies, saturated fat significantly increased insulin resistance
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12079860

Better pray it's not true in humans, too, goy!

instagram.com/die.freeman/
slav girls are the prettiest

>there are studies financed by Nabisco and Little Debbie that say saturated fat is bad for you

this isn't even tinfoil stuff, this should be commonly known by now desu...

He's not even a cardiologist.

youtube.com/watch?v=q1oB569xq88

Or maybe you're just wrong?

You know you can still be healthy and die right?

And all the studies contradict each other

No shit. Almost every single fucking study, theory and paradigm contradicts some other "tested", "approved", iron fucking cast wisdom by respected authorities. The only thing we can be sure of is that not being a fat fuck is a good thing for your longevity.

Fuck off.

I didn't know Lyle Mcdonald, the majority of seriously competitive bodybuilders and also doctors working with severely overweight diabetics were all retards.

>saturated fats cause heart disease meme
>cardio is good for health
Blocked :*)

webmd.com/cholesterol-management/features/truth-about-saturated-fats
The AHA is just a bunch of Jews jewing Americans out of the one trait that separates them from the rest of the world. A love of juicy red steaks and manliness

Also the cardio
trainingscience.net/?page_id=253

holy fuck new waifu she is absolute perfection

>being this much of an autist

>reduce sodium
>reduce saturated fat
get the fuck out

Just increase potassium intake? It counters the affects of sodium, but you still get to use both as your body uses them when doing repetitive muscle movements.

Didnt wash their hands after they pooped.

We know this because childbirth is very dangerous. Not anymore obviously but it was, then there is the short time period when a child goes from infant to young teen, if the child had any serious untreatable health issues it would have died during this time period, afterwards though the average person easily lived to 60-70 years.

>reduce sodium intake
Literally myths that have been debunked in every study done in the 21st century

>oH iT's ThE 90s AgAiN. cOoL!
cringe

You forgot about cholesterol, OP.

There's no scientific evidence that dietary cholestrol has any effect on serum cholestrol and this has been tested exhaustively. High cholestrol has only been linked to eating a carb heavy diet.

That's obviously not how it works, only unhealthy faggots succumb to the death meme.

>micronutrients
>salad

Hey fuck you buddy bread is awesome

>tfw consumed 70 grams of added sugar yesterday

wheat is not your enemy, it's corn.

Just go vegan.

>Just cuck yourself.

Not an argument.

Vegan diets are
>low in sodium
>low in saturated fats
>no trans fats
>high in fiber
>has all the micronutrients you need

then why do babies die if their breastfeeding moms have vegan diets
really makes you think

>micro nutrients
>salad

kek

High in cuck

They don't. The babies that die are often fed what's basically sugar water (almond/cashew/coconut milk) and the parents aren't necessarily vegan. It's literally just scaremongering by the mainstream media.

B12 is produced by bacteria, not by animals. Did you know that there are vegan B12 supplements out there?

>The ketogenic diet has been shown to reverse a ton of diseases
Show me the evidence for this.

>Lyle Mcdonald
Who? Just because you can find one idiot agreeing with you, doesn't mean it's the truth.
>the majority of seriously competitive bodybuilders
You mean the same bodybuilders that are on steroids? Did you know that you can build muscle on ANY diet as long as you get enough protein?
> also doctors working with severely overweight diabetics
Studies that show that a ketogenic diet works often also state that they work because of the CALORIC RESTRICTION, not because you're eating a fuckton of meat and butter instead of fruits and oats.

>Don't use scientific advances
>Stay fat forever.
>Meme advice from grandmothers.

Thanks op!

>chewing food now create fibers

good to know

no it makes digestion easier which is the point of fiber you imbecilic fucking retard

Fiber does so much more than just make food easier to digest. Reading the Wikipedia article alone should make you realize how retarded what you're saying is.

>wikipedia
Go fuck yourself dipshit

Kill yourself.

Actually, no, just keep eating your shitty diet because it will give you some shitty disease that you will die from.

>needing to supplement
>able to get all nutrients with a vegan diet
Really activates my almond

And supplements are bad because...?