Was pushing pretty much the whole way. I'm 185 lbs / 6'2. What are your 5k times?

Was pushing pretty much the whole way. I'm 185 lbs / 6'2. What are your 5k times?

OP your route looks like a dick LOL!!!!

The best I ever got was a 23:something back when I ran XC in high school
Distant running is gay shit though, it just took me a while to realize it

i dont run that far, but im 5'10 198, and run about a 9:40 1.5 mile, so if you wanna extrapolate with that you can.

how did u get back

how is it gay? it doesn't effect my lifts, and I don't really consider it super long distance, it's like medium distance. desu I binged on 10 wings from wingstop last night and dark chocolate, so i had to do this run lol
i don't think that's how it works boyo

Ran a 16:20 5k back when I was a skinny jimmy in cross country. My time is now closer to 20 min that I've gained weight ):

i doubled back xd

It's good for a beginner.

i got 21:58 when i was doing running

but then i realized running only made me look like lanky fuck and i had constant aches in my right hip due to some imbalances in spine i have.

i started lifting then and i havent run since september last year. went from 0.5/0.75/1/2 pl8 at 170lbs bw to 1/2/3/4 at 200lbs
i wonder what my times would be now.
i probably wouldnt run 5k even in one go.

But conditioning is easy to work to, strength comes much slower.
besides i just like short and intense work much more than steady state.

You can expect cutting like 30 seconds off each run you do if you REALLY want it (aka "i am literally going to die any second if i continue to run" mode)

Slow as fuck. 25 is ok, under 20 is good

Lol of course you think it's gay if you haven't run a sub 23 5k

what do you run 1.5 miles in then...if you run it in 9 mins. (540 seconds)

I run 1.5 it in 580 seconds

you ran 3.52 in 32.09 or 1929 seconds

540 *x = 1929
540*3.57222... =1929

my 580 * 3.57222 = 2071.88... seconds

so id probably run 3.52 miles in around

34 mins 32 seconds or so.

ive run 22
and i think its gay
well not gay, but it isnt as demanding technically as lifting heavy ass weights

lifting weights up and down is harder especially longer sets
t. done 20 reps of 2pl8 squats

Havent ran since last summer but I got down to 18:41. My 5k route has a pretty big uphill section though so it might've been closer to 18:30 if it were level.

I stopped running because it got too cold. Think I might get back into running. Tips for running when its cold out? Im asthmatic on top of that so, the cold really is a nuisance for me. Am I stuck running on treadmills during the winter?

A 'decent' 5k would be sub 20 mins.

33 minutes is shit, you wouldn't even make the JV cross country time at a decent highschool. If you're not under 25 minutes, it's just embarrising. My best is 16:53, but I run about 18:45 now after. Getting more into lifting, so I'm getting slower.

you know you get more tired the farther you run.
Dude I run 100 meters in 11 seconds I must have a 550 second 5k!

i'm 25, i had a grade 2 lisfranc fracture on my left foot a few years back. and yeah my base is lifting / martial arts and less running.

> it isnt as demanding technically as lifting heavy ass weights

it is if you want to improve without hurting yourself

16:20? That's crazy fast, I'm in high school right now and I'm in the low 19's bcuz I was fat as shit in middle school

I did my first 5k three nights ago in 29 minutes. Turns out running through the West Philly ghettos is a great incentive not to stop for breath.

Started jogging four months ago

At this point my 5k times are usually 28 minutes. First time took me 34 minutes so I'm making progress at least

LOL I noticed it too!

Also was an xc runner in high school, peaked at around 17:15 before I stopped running in college. Getting back into it now, time is at 19:00

That run earned me the right to buy the new Nikes before the release made a small profit

Forgot pic

i was having knee / foot numbing / hip pain with nikes. switched to these and never looked back. they're perfect

What year are you? Interval training and leg strength training really helped me, but the biggest thing you can do is train in the off season.