How can Veeky Forums ever recover?

How can Veeky Forums ever recover?

why cant just everyone do his own shit and stop shoving it down each others throats? I like PL but sometimes I just wanna get a bice pump. Lifting itself is a solo trip dont let anyonw influence what you want to do and what not goddamnit.

>dat reddit spacing
>try to read a couple of line
>it's shit
what a surprise. Here's a (You), buy yourself a flair.

Honestly these types of "can't we just all get along guys?" are pointless. They're a waste of time, both for me having to read it and you typing it.

For example, you post "Everyone should just do their own thing"; well great, there's nothing to talk about. Meanwhile when someone says something like "SS is shit and here's why" then you actually have an opinion that can be criticized, regardless of whether or not its a shit argument or discussion filled with memes. Then we're actually talking about something.

I play amateur tennis (my usual form of 'exercise') and lift to increase my strength and to improve my muscular function, not to bodybuild. I couldn't care less about looking like an underwear model so long as I have the strength to hit the ball hard and fast across the court.

ok

gay

The dude described in the first post was doing it wrong.

You are only supposed to strength train for the first 4-6 months. After you build up a good base of strength, THEN you do a bodybuilding split.

What are some good bodybuilding routines bros?

>go on Veeky Forums
>expect to be in the company of people who know what they're talking about.

[Gun] [Head] [Bullet]
>letting other people dictate what kind of program you run
>letting other people get in your head

Veeky Forums is like a gold mine in South Africa. There are tons of little nuggets of gold in the dirt, but it's in a poorly run country that is rife with crime and general idiocy.

Plenty of great information if you ask or click the right threads.

you understand that those of us who are newbies may become emotionally invested in anything regarding lifting because 1) it's a totally new, pretty complex area of knowledge and skill that is difficult to experiment with because results inherently take long to appear and can't be held to a precise schedule and 2) for most people it's closely tied to ego and insecurity, which means anxiety and fear of wasting time and doing stupid shit out of ignorance, despite actually putting effort into research

I personally couldn't give a shit about LP vs brosplits, I only wish there was more of a consensus.

fuck it, choose something, follow it to the best of your ability for a decent amount of time and see if anything happens, right?

I don't really care what routines others follow, however I have noticed that more and more guys at my gym are doing squats. I started going there 4 months ago and literally every male inside was doing either bench press or bicep curls. I have been doing my own routine involving squats, diddlies, bp, ohp and what not. Nowadays around 1/3 of male population does squats on a regular basis. Maybe they have overheard me talking with a friend about muscle strength ratios. Nonetheless I feel a bit like a pioneer, because roid heads who bench press twice as much as they squat actually want to get evenly developed.

Upper lower or ppl bro splits are shit

>do strength building your first year
>work up to 225lbs on bench
>move on to hypertrophy since you can move reasonable weight

Is there literally any other way?

I'd like splits more if I didn't have to go to the gym 5-6 times a week.

New oldfag here. late 30's. Calisthenics and HIIT is the way to go bros. Keeps you lean and you don't need handles to sit on the toilet twice a week.

> tfw someone screenshotted your comment.

saywatup

kek

>Reddit spacing

Are you mentally challenged?
How about this? Am I reddit now?

You really feel the need to continue an argument that's gone nowhere for half a decade?

>not knowing what reddit spacing is
kys yourself

You don't need a strength base ya mongs

very true. every "power lifter" at the gym I go to is a fat fuck wearing glasses, and as white as a ghost.

Yes

You are

Fuck off

What the fuck am I supposed to do?? My body is ruined because of my previous obeast life style and I can't go for aesthetics. Figured going for really strong is my best goal right now. Then again I might be the type that tries to define himself by internet culture with a slant toward lifting weights. Fuck help me.

I've only ever powerlifted really and I look alright. Definitely not bodybuilder status. But I'm also 6' and 220, most dudes in cbt threads seem to be 150lb and are just abusing lighting and a pump.

Anyway, I remember when I first got into college I did a brosplit. Stuck with it for like a semester then stopped because didn't really see any progress. A year later I did SS and loved it because I was adding weight to the bar every session which was real measurable progress so that's what got me to stick with lifting

Top tip

When you do a brosplit you still add weight/reps

Yup. I didn't know that at a time. Although if I was going to bodybuild I wouldn't do a brosplit since hitting a body part once a week isn't in line with the science. I would do PPL.

what kind of fagot shit is this?

>I lifted 10 years so I know mor than someone doing it 4 years
just because you do something longer doesn't mean you are better at it, especially since lifting knowledge levels of at about 2 years. By this logic the woman lifting 5kg weights for 20 years with no improvement know more about fitness than both there guys

>he wants strength, not looks, but he still looks DYEL
maybe because he wants strength gains, like the guy fucking said. why the fuck are you judging him based on something he isnt even aiming, or training for
>o, you bench 5 plate? lol but your IQ is still under 160, you are training wrong.

>SS people are new to lifting
you mean people doing STARTING strength, and only STARTING with lifting?????

>oh, no, these people want strength instead of aesthetics, thus they are doing their strength routines wrong! and I cant take it when they bantz with me about our differing goals!

you look thicc as fuck nigger
good job

>I would do PPL.
overtraining is fun

In what way is PPL overtraining you fucking melt

I bet you only train 3x a week and never go overs 5 reps you fucking mong

>if someone says strenght training is good for beginners he is automatically an idiot that has done nothing but vanilla SS for 4 years and obviously looks like shit, while nobody here suggests that unironically
got em

You are right. And that is why i could literally lift you and your gf AND I COULD absolutely CRUSH you.

Don't make fun of the retarded, they don't know any better

Starting Strength is exactly what it sounds like STARTING strength. Great routine for absolute beginners starting out. It's great for building some good strength and leaning the lifts most routines are going to be built around. It's not going to give you a great body, but that's not what it's meant for anyway.

If you're retarded enough to do SS for a whole year, it's your own fault that you look DYEL. Do it for 3 months and move on.

secret to PPL is to do
PPxLPxPLx repeat
it's a 9-day cycle deal with it. The golden program created by user to other anons who are still stuck in a meme 7-day splits just because a week happens to be 7 days long

Chest could use some work, but the rest is pretty good. You definitely look better than most people training for strength.

This

>3 months
>move on
to what? im way over 3 months with it and still adding weights every time, so according to SS i should still continue with it. is there some routine that gives you more gains than SS at 3 months?

kys my man

if you can add weight every workout
add weight every workout.
Some people finish SS in 3 months, others 6 or more.

The people that get memed are the ones that do it for multiple years on GOMAD and are mad they are 24% bf at the end of it.

The guy you responded to here.

You can continue, just add some accessory exercises to make sure you don't end up with complete DYEL arms and gorilla shoulders. Add an exercise for triceps and for biceps and do those 2 times a week (3 sets each) and do lateral raises and bent over raises with rest pauses, 4 sets of 8-15 reps after every workout. It won't overtrain you. Arms and especially your mid and rear delt recover quite quickly.

I meant 8-15 reps and then 4-6 reps x 4 with rest pause (10-15 sec pause).

>lifting knowledge levels off at about 2 years

that's just when the Dunning-Kruger effect is at its worst, and you think you know everything about lifting and make shitty posts on the internet

I liked SS because I became stronger faster. I'm doing candy toe's rn and I'm not progressing very fast at all though so I might go back to it.

where do I go to learn more about fitness and not just random bullshit and pseudoscience but proven, effective and well-regarded advice? Surely not by randomly browsing Veeky Forums

/r/weightroom (yeah yeah leddit)
/plg/
strongerbyscience
juggernaut training systems
renaissance periodization

and then lift for like 6-7 years and accumulate knowledge from various sources (sources that outlift you, preferably)

thank you user

I git 1pl8 OHP the other day for reps for the first time

I know it's not that amazing but for a newbie it's pretty good

as in one set with 8-15 and 4 sets with 4-6 with only 10-15sec between each set?

google biomechanics / human kinetics textbooks and read them. if you have access to journals, you can read papers about studies in the field.

kek

Who looks better- someone who benches 2 plates for reps or someone who benches 1 plate for reps? Assume they're both doing a bro-split.

>still getting doms