Okay Veeky Forums, I need a reality check. I need to know if my genes are so trash I should stop lifting

Okay Veeky Forums, I need a reality check. I need to know if my genes are so trash I should stop lifting.

I have worked out three to four times a week for two years and this is the body I have to show for it. I look like fucking garbage. To be fair, I cut my entire first year, 177 ---> 122, and I'm now 143 after bulking for about the last year. I'm 5'8", 21yo.

I'm doing the Greyskull LP, I can post it in the comments if anyone is unfamiliar. When I started I did SS. For about a year I did the Starting Aesthetics routine that appears here every once in a while. I never miss gym days. Don't do any cardio.

My lifts are (sets of five):
Bench: 125
OHP: 95
Row: 155
Squat: 215
DL: 255

Currently I'm eating 1800-1900 calories in a likely futile attempt to try to lean out a handful of pounds before trying to build again. Near the end of my bulk I was eating 2400-2500. I get anywhere from 140-190g protein daily depending on if I'm cutting or bulking.

This is fucking unacceptable. Even if my diet and my workouts were perfect, this is not what someone who has lifted for two years should look like. Those are not the numbers that someone who has lifted for two years should be lifting. I need it straight, Veeky Forums, am I simply not cut out for this? Should I spend my time doing something I can be good at?

I like working out a lot. The feeling during and after a workout is fantastic. I just am not seeing any results and am wondering whether my time is better spent somewhere else.

Other urls found in this thread:

jimwendler.com/blogs/jimwendler-com/101078918-building-the-monolith-5-3-1-for-size.
blackironbeast.com/5/3/1/calculator
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Feel free to tell me I'm disgusting/need to shave chest hair/skinnyfat manlet etc. There is no way you can be more disgusted with me than I already am with my trash heap body and trash heap numbers.

Shave that disgusting body hair and get a tan, you will look 10x better, I promise. Also the gyno is pretty bad, maybe something in your diet? Godspeed user I have faith in you

You need to eat more you absolute fucking retard.

Why the fuck are you cutting with actually no muscle mass? EAT RETARD

2500? In a fucking bulk? Are you serious dude? Eat 3500 a day and go back to your routine, watch how strong you will get.

TLDR:

EAT
>EAT
EAT
>EAT
EAT
>EAT
EAT
>EAT
EAT
>EAT
EAT
>EAT
EAT
>EAT
EAT
>EAT

faggot

Yes please shave
Don't beat yourself up you are who you are be peak performance

>2 years
>not even 1 plate bench or 2 plate squat
Bro your genes are probably not bad ur just lazy as shit and dont push yourself in the gym

you dont eat enough

3500 is just going to make me fat as hell though, right? Your body can only build a certain amount of muscle in a certain amount of time, is a dirty bulk really the answer?

I would love to eat more but I don't want to be a hamplanet at the expense of a few extra lbs on my lifts.

stop tracking ur macros. just eat clean meals and if you wanna bulk eat alot and if you wanna cut, cut the food back by 1/4 but do your cardio. anyone who has ever "tracked there macros" looks like a dyel shit stain. its not rocket science and learn actual lifts. dont do the fucking "grey skull method" or the "texas method" cause you think your going to look like the person advertising it. so many dumb fucks do the texas method here because they think there gonna look like a football player. Learn some anatomy, study some older bodybuilding workout dvds like lee priest , phil heath, dorian yates, lee haney, dexter jackson etc. find out what movements and rep ranges work for you. some people respond to high volume and working out each bodypart 2x a week and some have to tweak ot. bodybuilding is a individual sport and it all comes down to you and how you interpret things and how your body responds so figure it out and stop listening to the ripptoes, virtruvian physics etc

It's not like you're gonna get fat overnight. Try out, say, 3000/day, and track weight gain. Try to gain a pound a week. If you don't gain that much, increase calories. If you gain too much, decrease. Not fucking rocket science.

Yeah, couldn't you literally be a woman and have those numbers relatively easy in two years of consistent training, given enough food?

Op you don't look like you were handed the genetic lottery, but you don't look so bad that I would say that regular training/diet rules wouldnt apply to you.

Like others have said just eat more and push yourself in the gym.

Gyno has been pretty bad since puberty. I've given up hope at this point.

You are such a whiny faggot. If you ever get married I hope you get cucked by a 6'4 nigger named Tyrone.

it wont make you fat but if you dirty bulk or iifym bulk you just going to gain atleast 10 - 15lbs of extra fat that if you would have ate clean at around 2600 - 3000 you wont gain the extra fat because you wont be creating insulin resistance eating foods like pizza, white pasta, cookies and cake

dirty bulk refers to what kind of food you're eating, not how many calories. you can eat 5k calories of healthy clean food, and it wouldn't be a dirty bulk.

uh also op doesnt have gyno... his nipples are just pink its not like there sagging and are puffy lmao

We are the same height and weight user. I believe in you

I don't know how to break it to you gently. Eat some fucking food. Muscle mass cannot increase while you worry about abs. The only thing you can do is increase muscular efficiency and that shit ran out after a few months.

Food, increasingly heavier weights, food, sleep. It really is that simple.

I've seen a lot worse genetics.

I mean I'm not here to argue with you but it seems like I tend to put on more fat than muscle whenever I try to bulk. And I'm on a programme because everyone says you need to be consistent and deliberate with lifting. If the OP is any indication I have no real delusions of looking like whoever is shilling X programme.

If you honest to god think I can look better than average if I eat more and tweak my programming to something better, I'll do it. If the best I can be is this sub-dyel state I'm in now, I'll just spend the extra few hours doing something I can be good at.

Thanks for the replies though.

Thanks bro. If you had nasty fucking gyno since you were a kid you probably would not really care about fixing it anymore either.

The insulin resistance thing sounds like nonsense but I guess eat more and don't be a pussy is the consensus. I got nothing to lose, why not

You can stick with the Greyskull LP, but honest to god, eat more.
If your numbers aren't increasing in the next couple weeks then you aren't eating enough. There is no reason you should be plateauing at a fucking 125 bench and a 215 squat. Eat more.

its not non scence look at the glycimic load of every food. they found links with high glycimic carbs causing insulin resistance which is bad because it means nutrients arnt distributed in ur body effeciently if you are insulin resistent. also links with high LDL and blood pressure. and no im not going to site you some study go out and research it. even Samir banount has said it.

I'm afraid you fell for the strength instead of hypertrophy meme

I'm 1" shorter than you, 3lbs lighter, I've been lifting for 6 months and my bench and OHP has surpassed yours. The difference between us could be genetic (you might be low T) but I really think it's that I eat a fuckload and workout 5 days/wk doing a split.

I'd really just recommend eating a lot more if you are serious about building muscle.

Should I switch to a brosplit instead?

I can say, all I know is what has worked for me. Here's what I've been doing.

Day 1
Chest/Triceps

Day 2
Back/Biceps

Day 3
Shoulders/legs

Day 4
Start over at day 1

Prioritize legs least, they won't help you look better shirtless.

Bless you. I'm going to eat as much as I can manage and lift five days a week and if I turn into a fat fuck so be it.

Those are th brightest pinkest nipples I have ever seen. They're amazing OP, you look like an Adventure Time character.

Good stuff, I don't count calories but I'll give you a brief rundown of what I eat in a typical day.

Breakfast
>scrambled eggs with added eggwhites
>2 slices of whole grain toast
>whole avocado
>greek yogurt
>glass of milk

Lunch
>Turkey sandwich
>almonds
>protein shake

Snack
>Kirkland protein bar

Supper
>Wrap with chicken and hummus
>protein shake

And for supplements I do >creatine/caffeine/fish oil/D3/ZMA

Could be just bad genes, like me. It took me 10 years to bench 1pl8. And not because of not eating enough. If I ate a motherfucker, then I'd just be fat and weak instead of thin and weak.

Reality check

Those numbers are not great considering your consistency. I ponder if i would have maintained your same level of commitment if I had ran onto the same physical issues. So good on you. You do need to eat dude, im going to link a program in here, jimwendler.com/blogs/jimwendler-com/101078918-building-the-monolith-5-3-1-for-size. That program is fairly simple and should provide you a strait foward diet, which would be good for you. There are going to be a lot of "buts" in this program and may be a bit advanced weight wise but should easy to follow. It will give you better strait foward results, i recommend this base off what you posted. You need something drastic

blackironbeast.com/5/3/1/calculator This link provides A calculator and seperate programs based off your calculated one rep max, choose monolith

Thanks user, checking it out right now.

>
your'e a fucking moron, eat more .

What do you think are your weak points? Is there anything that stands out in particular when you left that just doesn't intuitively feel "right"?

It might be an idea to start there. It's possible that your technique, due to mobility/bone structure/whatever that you aren't getting the most out of your workouts. You might be able to fix those issues/try a different approach/both.

*When you lift

You're eating a very low amount of calories and lifting bitch weight. Literally all you have to do is eat at a surplus and add weight to the bar as frequently as possible. Also, you should stop following a linear program since your body has likely already adapted to that. Look for a periodization program. Concurrent periodization is a great place to start (check out Naturally Enhanced).

I'm also going to bet that you aren't doing *any* cardio. Adding in some LISS for 40 - 50 mins once a week isn't going to kill your gains. It's good for our heart, and good for your bodyfat percentage. Do that, eat more, tweak your training & I think you will see better results.

I mean chest is obviously always incredibly fucking difficult. I regularly have gym employees spot me and look for problems, they think my form is for the most part fine, I just need to lift more weight.

Depth is great on squats considering I squat high bar. Deadlifts feel great, hips come up a little early but I never have lasting pain or anything like that.

Overall I think form and technique are fine. I've done these movements for years and have good friends in the weight room who would let me know if something were obviously wrong.

I walk a lot but nope, haven't regularly done steady state cardio in something like nine months. I'll start giving it a go again if you think it's smart.

You look a lot better than you did 2 years ago ex-fatass.

Where is the before image?

Man, I fucking hope so.

This is me just over a year ago at 122. I lost my fatass before pictures when my old phone died.

>It took me 10 years to bench 1pl8
???Are you a girl, diabetic, or over 35?

Wahhh I don't look good,

Fuck off with the blaming your genes shit, make the best of what you got, you know nothing about shit genetics