I just got on Propecia

I just got on Propecia.

Anyone else take this drug?

This is my third day taking the drug. No side effects yet that I can really identify. I'm afraid my penis is going to either fall off or stop working entirely if I keep taking it.

Also, what are you doing for your hair loss, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3481923/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Also, what are you doing for your hair loss, Veeky Forums?
Nothing, I'm not a subhuman balding fag.

You'll forget you're even taking it after a month. Only difference is you won't be worrying about your hair.

Hairlets telling you to stop are crabs in the bucket trying to pull you down to their miserable hole.

I'm not doing anything. It's not like I get girls with hair I don't really see the point

Been on generic fin for 1.5 years now. It's just a pill I take and I keep my hair with no side effects. I was using minoxidil too but I stopped using it a few weeks ago and haven't noticed any change in my hair so I assume I wasn't even benefiting from it anyway.

So basically no sides to speak of? Not even ball ache?

Maybe like one day right when I first started but not since then.

fucking stop taking that shit. its not worth it. ive done the research and i understand the biology. youre fucking your DHT levels and it might be irreversible

does propecia help grow back some hair or just prevent it from falling out.

>I've done the reseeaaarch
>It's the cheeemmiicaaalls
>It's bbaaaaad
>Because I knooowww

Fuck off.

just slows down the process. Won't grow it back, at least in my case.

regards, started taking it 2 years ago and never looked back

No sides to speak of here - don't let people meme you into stopping.

It can regrow hair. It just depends on how dead your follicles are. Basically if you've been bald in that spot for years you won't see regrowth. If it's been a few months to a year, you may see some regrowth. Otherwise it just maintains.

faggot

thanks, ive noticed some minor thinning that no one else except my dad (the others are probably just being nice) and has me paranoid so ill just give it a try.

y'all are fucked in the head. this guy is gonna get a full head of hair, a permanently limp dick and suicidal thoughts

How old are you? First get checked out by a derm to see if you actually are thinning. Frankly if you don't have rapidly progressing MPB I wouldn't worry about it.

it permanently fucks your DHT levels. DHT makes men goes bald. its also THE MOST POTENT FUCKING ANDROGEN IN THE MALE BODY, 10-30X MORE POWERFUL THAN TESTOSTERONE

DHT is the primary androgen for every tissue other than muscle. You're all going to want to die in a few years. enjoy

chemical castration. buncha idiots

thanks for the advice.

this is like entirely wrong. lol

DHT plays only a small part in anything except development. fucking with DHT for some people can lead to impotence, but for most people the body adjusts and they aren't any different than they were before taking it.

coconut oil and peppermint essential oil. I've been putting it on my hair every night; its only been a week but seems like its working.

When i go full cocoon mode in a few months im gonna try onion/garlic/honey mix over night and then coconut oil/peppermint during the day. Might add some cinnamon, cloves, green tea, and ginger to the mix somehow.

the peppermint oil and onion have been proven scientifically and the of the shit i've mentioned have history for being used to help hair.

Better than shit that can fuck up your hormones and your life. Seriously at that point ill just shave my head short and take being bald.

nah dude you're retarded. testosterone is largely just a prohormone for DHT. when testosterone is introduced to tissues (other than muscles), the body naturally converts it to DHT va 5a reductase so that it can perform its androgenic action locally. If you block 5a-rductase or otherwise inhibit DHT, you have normal testosterone levels circulating but its not really active in the skin, nervous system, etc. hence propecia blocks male pattern baldness

if i was wrong then your drug would be useless

Just FYI if peppermint oil did shit, it would have already blown the hair loss world open and everyone would be using it. It doesn't do shit.

every guy i know taking finasteride looks like he never grew up

Everyone person is different and there are different causes and factors for going bald.
Using peppermint oil isnt gonna do shit for pic related. Genetics and age are always gonna be the primary factors for hair loss.

But stress, shitty sleep, a poor diet, fungal/candida overgrowth, parasites, hormones, pregnancy and a bunch of other shit can make you lose your hair.

A lot of anons here complain that theyre losing hair at 20 years old. Thats my main complain; ive been losing my hair since around 18, and im 24 now. Its not a receding hairline, just thinning hair everywhere and its starting to thin in patches. Gets worse in periods of intense stress.

My dad had more hair than me at my age, and my moms side all have great hair even at old age. Theres really no reason my hair should be the way it is. I do think hair loss can be reversed depending on the situation.

Onion seems to be the best but that shits hard to deal with so its not used widespread.

Been on generic fin for 5 or so months. No ball ache, no brain fog, no drop in libido or ability to get hard. I don't even worry about my hair anymore since I started taking it. It was an actual relief for me once I had it in my head that this might keep me from baldness. I haven't taken progress photos but people have told me my hair looks a lot thicker on the crown. My hair is still somewhat thin compared to others, but oh well. If it keeps me from bald cunt status until I reach my 30s I'm fine with it

Yo OP. been on it for about a year, amazing results. Was receding pretty bad up front, getting patchy and almost lost a complete spot on my head before i hopped on. Its all but growk back now.

My only problem is that i gkt on it without a scrip. Op, and anyone else... Howd you get prescribed? My health insurance is all fucked and i dont actually have a pcp. Trying to get my shit sorted in the next month, might have to hit up a hair loss clinic and pay out of pocket for a consultation just to get one. Easier way?

If you got hair loss and you're male, it's probably DHT related. Stress and shit diets can cause hair loss, but look at all the fat greasy fucks with beautiful hair. You're rubbing that shit in your scalp and just hoping it's doing something when you have no clue.

I have pretty bad hairloss, but its diffuse thinning so its easy enough to style it.
Generic fin for 2 months and minox for like 5, i have no clue if any of its worked at all but no sides. Pretty sure if you stress about your dick not working, then your dick will stop working so calm down.

Just go to any derm and ask. They hand it out like candy

This, been using peppermint oil. Hair is growing back

Gonna call up a dermatologist next week bros. Honestly my hope is to get a wife with a dad that has full hair to try to eliminate baldness from my gene pool

Have been on it for 4 years now without a single side effect. As a pro-tip that I got from someone else on here, ask your doctor for the generic 5mg version and cut it up into fourths rather than buy brand-name 1mg propecia. The cost goes down from ~200 to ~10 every 3 months.

I went on it after my temples starting receding a bit when I was 19. Honestly i dont think i really had MPB, and in hindsight it was just a maturing hairline. This drug is such a bargain tho that I will never get off of it. Being a baldlet because your worried your dick is gonna fall off is not worth it dude. Stop the recession early because once its gone, its never coming back.

how many guys you know rofl

i dont trust big pharma industry.

you going bald? wow, i wish that was my only problem in life...

get over it, you will fuck girls with hair or without.

How much will this shit cover me if i'm doing a moderate cycle (eg. 12 week of 300mg Test E/w + some Anavar)?
Is it gonna 100% protect my hair? slow down the hairloss process? Not do jack shit?

Honest experience here OP, was on it for 9 months but I had to go off because the side effects got really bad around month 8.

Had been taking it for 8 months and my hair loss had slightly slowed down but not stopped. During that time my sex drive went down and it was harder but still possible to get boners.

Around month 8 I started to get a pain in my right testicle that got worse as the month progressed. In the final week my dick stopped working, couldn't get a boner without intense concentration.

Had to go off the drug obviously and my dick started working again 4 days later.
Many people take it for years with no side effects but there are a real possibility of them OP, just take that on board.

Luckily for me, Minoxodil twice a day+ Nizorral 3 times a week + dermarolling once a week stopped my diffuse thinning.

I went with Finasteride first because of the ease of taking a pill once a day.
My regimine is more time consuming and expensive but if I keep my hair idc.

Stop taking it if you start feeling pain in your pecs. I grew a tit. Yeah, just one. Went away after I stopped taking it, but not everyone is so lucky.

Was on it for 2 months before stopping last week. Def stopped my
Hair loss without question. That said, it killed my sex drive and made me feel weird in general. Felt very tired all the time too

Propecia is so expensive. Should have asked your doc to prescribe Proscar or generic 5mg Fin that you could cut yourself and take 1.25mg/day

I'm coming up on month 3 of Fin and it's already working. When I cut my hair short there is barely any balding noticable, and my libido hasn't gone down at all; still jacking it 1-2 times per day.

One bad thing about it though: It gets worse before it gets better. After about a month, your hair will shed because the old hair follicles are dying. It'll look so bad and you will panic a lot. Just know it'll pass in 2-3 weeks

>Howd you get prescribed?

Go to a walk-in. Tell them you've tried vitamins, minoxidil (rogain), and nothing is helping. Some docs will want to refer you to a dermatologist, but just say "ok" but never follow up. Some docs (old motherfuckers) will tell you that you can't do anything about it; don't listen to them. Some docs just don't know and aren't comfortable with finasteride.

Basically, go to different walk-ins until someone gives you a script. I went to 3 before getting a script.

Fuck off dumbass fearmongerers. You didn't read shit about it: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3481923/

>A number of studies have looked at the problem of side effects caused by finasteride.[6–11] These studies which are discussed below reveal that sexual adverse effects occur at the rates of 2.1% to 3.8%, erectile dysfunction (ED) being the commonest followed by ejaculatory dysfunction and loss of libido. These effects occurred early in the therapy and returned to normal on stopping or over a time on continuous use of the drug. The only causal relation between finasteride and sexual adverse effects is decreased ejaculatory volume because of predominant action of DHT on prostate.[

Been using it more than a year now i think. Used to have thinning hair on my temple, was so close to balding. Now that area is hairy again, tho the hair are smaller. But at least it doesnt look bald anymore. I didnt experience any side effects either. Still gets boners for no reason now and then.

Some more extra tips that would help promote hair growth based on my experience aside from these drugs:

>quitting caffeine, mainly coffee. They really fucks up my hair also makes me look old. It was so hard at first since i was coffee dependant but after all that is through i had major improvements.
>make sure you get enough sleep. This was alot easier for me after i quit caffeine.
>get to your local saloon and get a thorough hairwash. Once a month is okay but i recommend once every two weeks. I found washing at the saloon had tremendous effect than washing yourself at home. Scalp felt cleaner and healthier afterwards. Also the barber will massage your scalp all the way to your neck to improve blood circulation.
>if you must wash your hair at home, use ONLY organic shampoo. Chemicals in regular shampoo really fucks up the hair no matter what vitamins and shit it says on the bottle.
>quit fapping. I felt that this really fucks up the hormone. Normal sex is good. Fapping tricks your body with false reward, youll get depressed afterwards.

Good luck bros. Ive struggled with this for so long, it sucks. Glad things are better now. Hope it will works for you guys too. Dont give up your crown without a fight.

The fap thing is true.

If i were to get Generic Finasteride off the dark web would it be safe? Is there anyway i can verify the pills?

Like I said in my post, it's only my personal experience and many people take it for years without any side effects.
I read those studies in detail before taking fin.

Try reading and not just skimming next time you fucking retard.

Anons correct you can get sexual issues, and in a small percentage of cases it continues after stoppage of the drug

Thats what i did. make sure theyre reputable, but as noted in a post earlier now my guy is gone and i have no script. Ita not reliable unless you buy in an extreme abundance and thats not cost effective. Generic proscar is like 9 bucks at wally world for 90 5mg pills. You split that into 4 a piece and you have a whole years worth for pennies.