Speed

Speed workout, is it even a thing?
I want quick muscles, I guess speed training goes with dance, aerobic and speed balls
but is there a more specific gym workout for it. Like muscle training.
Many light weight or no weight at all. how to get quick?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aUzuTmEf1IM
getyourwebsitehere.com/jswb/rttest01.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

crossfit

no fighter in here?

What you're looking for is power. Use a moderate weight for lower reps, with a maximally fast concentric phase. But you're probably a weak weaboo faggot that just needs to workout normally, so choose any beginner routine from the sticky.

So, power workout like soccer-football-hockey players thats all, there is no speedcentric workout?

Plyometrics.

What you probably want is agility training, things like cone drills, hurdle drills, agility balls etc.
Weight training that would go along with this sort of goal would be explosive lifts like the Olympic lifts. Circuit training like the kinds done for combat sports would be good too.

Circuit training is generally used to train muscular endurance, not true power production

Ill give a shot with Plyometrics, so no weight lifting necessary or what?

What is speed? Hand speed? Reactionary speed? Rotational speed? Linear Acceleration? Lateral Acceleration?

Plyometrics, sprint training, throwing, lifting moderate weights as fast as you can will tax your nervous system and get you faster. Maybe certain oscillating methods. Unfortunately, neurology is harder to effect than, say, aerobic capacity. Also, if you haven't lifted before, you'll get as much or more neuromuscular attainment by basic barbell work.

You're right, but I still think if OP's goal is speed the right kind of circuit training would be beneficial. Being able to maintain that speed is just as important as having it in the first place.

Expanding on this, since you seem to be looking at fight sports, "speed" for fights is a function of multiple variables. One is your innate neurological recruitment, ie roy jones jr. One is your reaction time, ie Mohammed Ali who had nearly the theoretical human limit. One is tactics and anticipation, like Pernell Whitaker. One is pure conditioning like basically ever great boxer ever. If you have hand speed but get surprised and caught flat footed, you look slow. Check out Barrerras fight with Prince Naseem.

Is there any bene to going fast

Gotta go fast.

In real term, yeah, being first. Matters a whoooole lot in striking sports.

youtu.be/aUzuTmEf1IM Speed work for football, as an example.

op here, yeah. I aim to move quick and athletic, so I guess there is no bypass to fighting and atletism since the brain-body connection matter so much. I was just wondering what type of gym workout would help.

That's still vague. Do you want to improve your reaction time? If so, you're limited by genetics - reaction time is an excellent predictor of IQ. Stimulants may help decrease it by 10-20% or so.

If you want explosiveness, train Olympic lifts

post results
getyourwebsitehere.com/jswb/rttest01.html

forgot image

shitty, but I'm a few beers in

O.K. sorrey, Im talking gym prep before nonprofessional martial art. Like no big deal, but my aim is swiftness and cardio. And workout ressources are most often about mass and shape.

Best training for martial arts is martial arts. Starting Strength and running if you've never lifted or played sports before.

These test can't really be used to compare between people. There are multiple factors that are different between our computers: input delay of mice, output delay of monitors, and processing delay of your operating system and browser.
Seriously, if you have more monitors, try doing this test on different type monitors. Or you can try it in several browsers, and you'll see definite differences (Firefox is the slowest in my experience).

>theoretical human limit
What is the theoretical human limit in reaction time?

It is a meme.
Speed for sports should be skill based.

Yeah, I think Ill just ad some quick aerobic moves to my new routine before hitting the dojo, but Im suprised, no troll, that speed doesnt seem like a big concern in here, or just a not trainable feature(noobs here). Like there is no gym school at all about it

chili dogs

that's an extremely good point, my man. how can I measure my actual reaction time?

Whats the best way to train your arm so you can open it up and close it at the elbow faster and with more endurance?

I wanna tremolo pick faster for a longer time on guitar and I noticed I'm using my biceps and triceps mostly at the highest speeds

Furious masturbation 5xF every day
Sprinting
Olympic weightlifting
Throws (javelin, shot put etc)