Which do you enjoy more, running or cycling?

Which do you enjoy more, running or cycling?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22002517
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Running. Cycling is too easy to give up on, running you have a set pace

cycling testosterone and running a good TCP

>Cycling is too easy to give up on, running you have a set pace
That makes no sense because you can set a pace with cycling too.

I mean I see what you mean, technically you can be lazy on a bike, but we're talking about exercise here. So obviously you're going to go all out no matter which one you choose, aren't you? Otherwise you're wasting your time.

Personally I do both. If you want a good workout from cycling then boy, you can get one. Find a good area to cycle in, preferably with some hills. Hills are the best. You want a challenge, cycle up some hills.

TCP?

Running for straight cardio purposes, cycling for getting away from my problems. There's an old civil war canal that's a 5 min drive away that's nothing but woods, water, and quiet. I can bike 50 miles or more if I need to clear my mind for a day. Shit is practically meditation.

I want to get back into cycling, I feel stupid when I run, like I immediatly feel self concious whenever I jog or run in public.

then do it faggot. cycling is awesome

running is so boring for me its not even funny, i do math in my head just to pass the time even on top of music blasting in my ears, while cycling i can just chill and ride for hours on end

Cycling is so hypnotic yet you can really go hard when you want to. Bonus points for that Need For Speed: Most Wanted feeling when you are driving at night

Bought a Sunday Blueprint 20" BMX a few weeks ago to ride to the train station, I forgot what a fun form of cardio single gear cycling is.
Wouldn't recommend it for anything over a few kilometres though.

Cycling
>tfw climbing up a fucking mountain

Cycling by a mile.

I train aerobically using targeted heart rate and on the flat 60 mile trail I can lock in a heart rate down to the exact beats per minute I'm targeting and stay there the entire ride. With running I don't have that control and it fluctuates wildly.

Cycling is more fun, running is more satisfying.

>bought a bmx
>for transportation purposes
Are you twelve years old?

Cycling

Cycling is simply a superior form of aerobic exercise compared to running. Swimming is even better. Running is a sport, but a shit tier form of exercise.

>BMX
Are you 13?

You better be the tiniest manlet

Nah dudes, just like bunny hopping and spinning my bar like an autistic fool on the way to work.

Northern Ireland?

Cycling is much more fun but running is a more intensive workout. I mainly just run because it's easily available, all you need is a pair of shoes, I want to take biking more seriously but I'm too broke to buy a decent bike.

>post bikes?

I'm still fat, so I climb stairs and bike rather than run.

I'm 30 years old and couldn't ride a bike.

So i bought one and within 2 days i learned how to ride.

I'm still wobbly as fuck but i can start and stop confidently.

I can't believe how liberating it is. Of course i get much more endorphines from 30 km runs but that's another story.

Cycling is currently more fun, as I get to cover more land, so I can go on long trail rides and enjoy nature at an exciting pace.

I used to run a lot, and I just got bored. I don't like running with partners, but it seemed like I could never get a chance to run alone as all my buddies are runners and always want a 'pacer.'

Being in the military means if you can run at a rate faster than a walk, people will beg you to run with them to motivate them. Many people I know don't have bikes, so I can use it as an excuse and go on rides for hours without having to deal with other people.

cycling because

>better for joints
>amazing leg and core gains
>distance covered

also this ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22002517

my racing bike, also used it for touring

i used to run, but cycling is just more fun

is that aeroad slx 8? i have just ordered it a few days ago. i'm a heavy rider but never had a decent bike so i can't wait

Fuck both. Pic related is the real shit.

This used to be a problem for me. Don't mind running past a few people but would feel kind of silly running through a busy street or park. Best thing to do is either find a path where few people go by or just run at an early hour or at night.

Or learn how to not give a shit.

yeah it is, mechanical ultegra but i swapped the crankset for a power meter.
great bike, enjoy it

Ok help me out because im a retard.

I have a bike that has 6 gears. When i wanna go uphill, do i punch in the 6th gear? And when im going sanic, i push the 1st gear? Or is it like the car where the lowest gears are for starting and uphills and highest gears for sanic?

Also on the left lever there is a 'friction' thing , what the fuck does that do?

I can't believe i can't figure this out and i drive manual car

I'm this retard

Had that at first, but I saw how dumb other people look when running and thought to myself
>I cant look THAT bad

My only cardio is running from my feels

cant' run because my streets are filled with dog shits and smelly garbage bins

I dont know where to go cycling, dont want to be blocking roads and shit.