/std health/

I know that this is a fitness board, but I'd like to believe that this is a health board as well. I can't post this on /b/ because I'll get spammed with stuff that isn't helpful.

So I made out with this girl in my car about 19 days ago and recently I had a scare with a canker sore for the past few days, which I've had before, on the inside of my lip. I swished saltwater on it for the past few days and it's healing up and going away fine.

However, pic related is a small little red spot on my lower lip. I woke up with it today (day 19 since contact) and I'm freaking out because herpes is my absolute worst fear in the world.

Does anybody have experience with this? Am I freaking out over something normal? My bottom lip is a little dry, but I just took a shower recently and I'm probably making 2+2=10.

Has Veeky Forums had experience with mouth herpes?

also, the acne around my face I've had for a while, that's unrelated.

please don't just try and say stuff to make me freak out, I'm asking for genuine advice/input because this is something I've feared getting since I first learned about it when I was younger

Pic related is me puckering my lips a little bit for better visibility

Herpes and HPV aren't the end of the world dude. It's hard to tell what's going on at this stage but it's not gnarly so it shouldn't effect your game.

Dermal viruses are basically like Adult acne. Breakouts are unattractive, but avoidable.

It gets really bad for some people. I knew a mate in uni who madr out with a girl and a month later he had herpes from his lips to the middle of his cheeks. Most people some resistance to it since there born with it so people who get it later in life have it much worse i dont know anything and i just made it all up. Seek a derm

What other explanations could a red spot be? I'm just curious, I'd like to not be so stressed about it.

one of the most common things to catch from making out is herpes, but this dosent look like herpes. its best you go to a real doctor and tell him what happened.

It's definitely herpes. I know because my mother has it (got it from her mother at birth) and she passed it on to me when I was born.

It sucks, but something like 70% of the population have mouth herpes (cold sores) so it's not that big of a deal.

>herpes is my absolute worst fear in the world

Wait until your aging parents start living with heart palpitation. Herpes won't seem like such a big deal.

You fucking child.

did you have some weird nerve tingly pain around the lip? did oyu have a viral illness type sickness witht he spot?

I don't know, I didn't notice anything until earlier when I looked up symptoms and I read about tingling and I'm not sure if it's just because I'm thinking about it or not.

25% of the population has herpes and 85% of them don't even know it, don't worry faggot

No pain
I'm genuinely wondering if I had a little indent in my lip that got stained from eating a raspberry Popsicle last night.

When I woke up I had a red line across my lip, which washed off in the shower.

Could this be a stain of some sort?

It's a form of herpes but it's not a big deal. You have a cold sore, most people get them. I sometimes get one above my lip but it goes away fairly quickly. Like HPV most people have this form of the herpes virus. Stop worrying so much and if you're really scared go see the doc to put your mind at ease.

Or I'm wrong and you have AIDs

Lol what spot faggot your whole mouth area seems to only consist of weird spots and your lips look like you scorched them or something. What kind of girl did you even make out with?

Also herpes is only transmissible if the girl had an active spot when you were making out. So if she was completely smooth there is no chance you got it.

It's probably some minor infection from making out with a girl that eats ass...or at the very least makes out with dudes after they eaten her butt. So glad I dated and married before that faze.

Take L lysine before bed you dirty whore

>So if she was completely smooth there is no chance you got it.

This is untrue. Asymptomatic shedding allows for the spread of HSV.

OP, here's my cold sore copypasta:

Herpes, Type I and II:

o Your life is NOT OVER. You are only contagious when there is an active outbreak happening.
o You DO still have the responsibility to inform potential sex partners that you have genital herpes. Fucking deal with it.
o Go to the doctor and get an prescription for antiviral WITH REFILLS. Plan on keeping a full 10-day regimen of the stuff on hand at all times; it only works if you can take it at the FIRST SIGN of an outbreak.
o Get some L-Lysine 1000mg pills. Take 1-2 of them 2 times a day, forever. It helps keep outbreaks from happening.
o PROTECT your lips and genital areas from damage (lips: sun damage!). Damage can precipitate an outbreak.
o AVOID foods high in L-Arginine and low in L-Lysine; L-Arginine is like candy to the herpes virus, it can CAUSE an outbreak all on it's own.
o AVOID chocolate. Stop eating it entirely if you can. Chocolate can CAUSE an outbreak. I'm not even kidding you.
o REDUCE overall stress in your life. Stress and anxiety can cause outbreaks.
o Keep Bactine on hand. Benzalkonium Chloride (the antiseptic in Bactine) destroys the virus an outbreak sheds; the Lidocaine (anaesthetic) will help the sores feel better for a while. Swab the sores down with it a few times a day; helps prevent spreading.
o The OTC med "Abreva" can also help prevent spreading. Put some on after doing the above.
o RESIST the urge to pick at and otherwise mess with the sores. It just makes it spread faster.
o If you can't afford to see a doctor to get antiviral, take L-Lysine 3000mg 3 times per day for 10 days. The virus HATES Lysine, and while it's not as effective as antiviral, it's better than nothing.

FYI I've dealt with this for more than 10 years so that's how I know all this.

Man, that sucks. I've fucked around heaps, screwed shitloads of hookers and even ate a couple of their assholes. All I got was an empty bank account some sick stories.