/run/ - running

Previous thread: Talk about running.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/TF-X573-BLK-Men-Tesla-Pattern-Sports-Running/dp/B06XXPQBGK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1500821748&sr=8-3&keywords=tesla running shoe
youtu.be/MZWXPrfjkWg?t=105
strava.com/clubs/fitizens
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>GOTTA GO FAST!!!

How do I breathe?

How many hours of running do I need to do to look like this shredded cunt? From a 5'7 guy who's been rockin' the gym hard for 4 months now. Any tips, Veeky Forums?

these emaciated runner guys are honestly pretty aesthetic

Shoulders straight, posture upright, do not be looking at your feet, arms loose.

This allows for maximum lung expansion. Also will fix terrible nerd posture.

Zyzz did no cardio. All he did was half ass his lifting and took steroids.

No amount of cardio will get you looking like that.

Zyzz didn't do cardio. Just roid brah

Is running without any sort of strength training recommended? I'm a skinnyfag but all I really want to do is go outside and do the opposite of sitting on my ass all day.

>ran 6mi for the first time
>ouch my calves and shins

No, it's required. Start lifting a minimum of twice a week.

>skinnyfag
>wants to run without doing strength training
you will legit disappear

at what speed am i supposed to run the long run? Currently i'm doing around marathon pace + 0:35/km, which is basically my easy pace. should I push it more or go slower?

bump

ran 5 miles toady in 90 degree heat felt alright. consistency in my running is shit but still improving

So i got a question i've started running 1 mile at 6 to 9 mph and walking 2 miles at 2 to 2.5 mph for 3 miles a day, is this a good idea or should i change this? I just want to make it brahs

Rest till the pain goes away or it'll get way worse. Make sure your form is on point landing with your midfoot and not bouncing up with each step. I did that instead of moving forward which is obvious now.

You are on your way to a half marathon.

Is C25k a meme?

No. It is a beginner running program.

It's pretty useful if you are starting off. Remember to relax your breathing too. I catch myself breathing hard when I'm not even pushing a hard pace. I try to breath evenly for 3-4 seconds in and then the same time out.

My brain always tells me to stop when my body is not even tired.

thanks for advice. i tried to pay attention to my form and i was essentially pain free until after mile 5

It happens. After a while you'll be on cruise control till you up your mileage and the same feeling comes around the last few miles.

gonna do hillsprints tomorrow. theres a smallish hill where i live and im probably gonna do a 1 mi warmup jog. then i'll continuously sprint up and jog back down for 30 min, followed by another mi jog for cooldown. suggestions?

ran a 10k in 1:01 the first 5k was 0:27
total today was just under 20k

shins and calves are spent, any supplements i could take to speed up recovery?

hey /run/,

fatty here but last year i really got into C25K and was running 20+ minutes fine. obviously since have had a break on and off, but maintained lifting and going boxing and dieting. i decided on a whim to go for a run without any C25K and just try at least 20 minutes. i got to say 15 mins and started struggling.
would you say go back to c25k or stay doing 20 mins until i can hit it?

Sounds good to me. You can slowly increase the running distance

go back to c25k. But you can skip the weeks you feel are too easy for you.

The purpose of c25k is not only get you able to do a 5k aerobically, but also to ensure you are not progressing too fast to the point of injury. This is where most people make their mistake: they feel too confident that they can keep going and do too much volume. This results in injuries. Boxing and lifting work the body differently than running. Aerobically you very well be very good, but body wise, it is not ready for consistent pounding and hard impact.

Start c25k again. You can maybe skip the first few weeks. But I would at minimum start where you do 5 minutes if you want to skip ahead.

Chocolate milk.

Anyone here using a Garmin Forerunner? I got mine two days ago. I'm loving it.

But I haven't actually started running. I'm gonna use it to start interval training and see if I get into it, though.

Is weightlifting 4 times a week and running 50 miles a week too much for someone on a caloric deficit? I take muscle and joint supplements and feel fine, but I want to avoid long term damage to my body.

I got the cheapo FR15 It does what I need it to. It does not have an interval mode so usually I don't bother tracking cool downs, warm-ups, or recovery breaks. I'll just pause it between recovery breaks.

>tfw comfy long runs around the lake

Why does it hurt like hell between my left shoulder blade and my spine when I run? It happens after about 1 mile every time I try to run. When it happens I have to stop and walk the rest of the way or the pain just gets worse. I've tried stretching and warming up as good as I can but I doesn't help

Take loads of roids and spend plenty of time in the sauna

>I'm loving it.
>But I haven't actually started running

You are swinging your arms to erradictly and hard. Learn proper form.

Who here can do 1/2/3/4 and run a sub-6 mile? I just hit under 6 a few days ago

That's definitely one of my favourite Instagram users. Pure motivation

They're the best. The closes lake to me gives about 11-12km of running, and ends by an outdoor gym. It's amazing really

Chocolate milk and cottage cheese are pretty good actually

Are $120 shoes really worth it when I can buy these?

amazon.com/TF-X573-BLK-Men-Tesla-Pattern-Sports-Running/dp/B06XXPQBGK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1500821748&sr=8-3&keywords=tesla running shoe

What are some good shoes for running in a forest?

This is the plan I use for my hill sprints. It's pretty good great, but I dot see anything wrong with the one you are using either

I like the Adidas Energyboost. They offer a lot of support

I injured my toe on Wednesday when I ran 10 miles for the first time. It's still bluish-purple. How many more days until it's healed?

Preferably until it regains colour, or at least until it doesn't hurt

Lel, that's literally the hill workout our coach has us do. Just did it on Friday.

Had a good long run this morning with a few of my teammates. Got chased/followed by a dog for a bit, but I don't think it was actually trying to bite, just didn't like us going by his house.

And the rest of my mile paces from the long run if anyone was interested.

Nice run user. You're lucky to have people to run with

Thanks lad. And yah, being on an actual team with a coach helps a ton.

Why you don't buy supermarket shoes

youtu.be/MZWXPrfjkWg?t=105

> don't know where midfoot is
> don't know how not to bounce
>don't know how to land lightly

I'm glad someone recognizes that there are some good, cheap shoes out there. Though the review was not comprehensive, at least he recognizes that the Saucony Cohesion 8's are very good for only $40-$50.

Anyone else here /that guy/

>wear marathon shirt to 5k
>wear 5k shirt to marathon

if you just want to run then do it. but i think you'll look and feel better if you lift. aside from growing muscles lifting has a huge number of benefits on your overall health

Start with week 5 of c25k and repeat any runs you fail

>that guy who wears his race shirts casually
It's so funny triggering the fatties with this.

>be up at store just now
>fat guy on scooter: "You need to learn to live life. I used to run and got injured all the time. Muh shin splints and knees are bad due to it. Get some meat on your bones. Get a life."

Feel like I'm gonna die.
Attempting my longest run so far of 9 miles and damn was it shit. Ended up with a 92 minute final. I usually keep 9 minute miles for my longer runs so I'm pretty bummed about this.
Not used to running in 90 degree/70% humidity outdoor weather.
How do you guys do these long fast runs?

Threadly reminder to join the group, lots of good lads there already: strava.com/clubs/fitizens

I usually do my long runs in the early morning when it's still a bit cool out.

I grew up in the deep south so running in shitty weather is my norm. But I'd struggle to run at a higher altitude or in wintery conditions. You just have to keep at it. Embrace the moist suck.

Oh man, I love winter night runs so much. Nostalgic from my high school wrestling days trying to make weight.
That cold, crisp air in your lungs. All quiet except for the snowfall and the crunching of your steps.
Mmm, wish it was December already.
Like you said, I just need to keep it on, and maybe find a running partner to keep me on pace or something. Should I invest in a belt for a water bottle or something?

Doesn't forefoot strike put more strain on the Achilles tendon which may lead to injuries, and on the calves, which may lead to decreased performance?

Running in the winter would be comfy as fuck if the slipperiness of the road wouldn't slow me down.

I had an injury like that and recall it taking about 2 weeks or so to fully heal.

Just weighed myself for the first time in a while and saw I was down 10 pounds from where I was.
I'm making it, bros. And so can you.

How do I combine running with weightlifting on the same day?

anyone else get really shaky/anxious after/during a long run? especially when I dont eat enough

>running through park finishing up my 10k
>run past old man
>he says "will you stop spitting it's disgusting" as go past him
>I stopped and yelled at him calling him every name under the sun
>he starts to walk away but I follow him
>come to my senses and I'm shocked that I reacted that way

I literally start shaking after a run and become really irritable until I've eaten something, and even then it puts me on edge for at least an hour after. It honestly makes me want to stop running all together. How do I fix this?

>I'm loving it.

Do whichever's the most important for you first. Do low impact cardio if possible.

He probably tested the features without going on a run, don't be autists.

>literally shaking

a fucking meme, ignore this

there are tons of elite runners who do heel strides

run with the form you're most comfortable with

>spitting

What the fuck is wrong with you?

>Anyone here using a Garmin Forerunner? I got mine two days ago. I'm loving it.

I really need to do something about my sleeping habits...

Reminder to all:

Idc if you have 1.5k total at 180 you arent fit if you cant run.

Fortunately the reverse is true. If youre a weak af runnerfag you arent fit.

We out here. Current weight 170lbs. 225 bench was the hardest part.

Tons of elite lifters with shit form too

>and run a sub-6 mile?
I can't even remember the last time I ran flat out for one single mile. Always going for distance. I should probably go up to the school track and time myself one of these days.

I have been drinking a lot of alcohol lately for the first time since starting dieting/lifting but i have lost 30 pounds in 8 weeks so I think I'm good for now

I get a posterior shin splint in my left leg when I run on hard surfaces. When I run on soft sand at the beach, I don't have any problems. What could be the cause of this?

Personally I suspect it's because my shin isn't acclimating to my increasing distance fast enough. Either that or I have a lateral pelvic tilt. Anybody else had a similar problem?

>but i have lost 30 pounds in 8 weeks
What was your beginning weight?

kek, i get relly agressive and snarky as well. i always yell at retards that let their dogs run around in the forest i run (which is frequented by people going for a run). even though it's kind of justified, i'm really rude and agressive and most people back away and get their dog in line. kinda like road rage lol.

>I'm loving it.

Land with the middle of your foot and always ALWAYS have your legs under your body.

Disregard the shitty pic this guy posted Your body inline is going to distribute the energy throughout your body instead of straight to your knee if you land with your foot too out in front of your body.

Ran my first marathon this morning. 4h4m35s. Got some bad chafing around my groin and my hips were getting pretty sore. So stoked though.

I've been running halfs for a couple of years and do them in about 1h40m.

I don't know who to believe.

what do you listen to when running?

>try podcast or audiobook
>can't focus

>try music
>don't like most genres

what do?

I like podcasts that are generally comedy based. and something I've already listened to. That way you don't really need to listen, it's just something to have on. Low stakes.
>don't like most genres
Stop being a 13 year old fickle shit and branch out. Or just listen to the shit you already like and make a musical safe space for yourself.

>anyone else get really shaky/anxious after/during a long run? especially when I dont eat enough

The amount that you eat has no effect on whether I get shaky or anxious.

Haven't bothered to buy wireless earbuds so my own breathing mostly

Who is this guy? Goddamn, he looks amazing

>landing with your heels
>EVER

It's like you hate your knees. I mean, yeah, it looks sexy, but you want to land on the balls of your feet.

lurk the sharethreads on /mu/ and listen to random shit. Download any album that catches your interest and listen to it while you're running. If you don't like it delete it, if you do like it keep it and use it to look for more music that's similar to it.

No, it's good.

I have some wrap around earbuds that have a coil spring in the wire that I love for running. One of them is on the fritz, though, so I'm going to have to replace it soon.