Spaniards let their empire slip away

>spaniards let their empire slip away
>it only took them 3 generations to go from superpower to irredeemable meme empire
>modern spain is worse than spain under franco
why are spaniards such fuck ups? did they stop producing intelligent people after the reconquista or something?

Other urls found in this thread:

latina.phil2.uni-freiburg.de/raible/Lehre/2006_07/Materialien/1978_Kamen_Decline.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They are very lazy

>assimilates people into thinking they were Spanish
They succeeded to though

>spainards ruined the empire meme
It was the german kings and their inability to see inflation

Modern Spain is one of richest countries in Europe, even after crisis.

*saves Spain and returns it to the place it deserves*

I wish, buT no, we are borderline poor, I mean there are people that have good jobs and make a decent living, a good ammount of people, but there are also people that live on the edge, a good good amount of people

es lo que tiene ser andaluz

I'm actually catalan but yeah, whatever

They were always fuck ups. Literally their biggest accomplishment is sailing to the americas and chimping out at the natives.

I feel bad for Spain. They were good explorers. The people who tackled the truly "New" World. After that period the empire thing just became map painting.

>spaniards let their empire slip away
Only in the 19th century.
>it only took them 3 generations to go from superpower to irredeemable meme empire
The notion that they were ever a superpower is only wishful thinking in the minds of people who speak of the "spanish golden age." The truth is that they never anything more then an average power during their history. Then they fell behind drastically (along with most of the world for that matter) during the industrial revolution, which coincided with the fall of their empire. This ridiculous notion you have that they went from a "superpower" to an "irredeemable meme empire" only exists in your mind.

It's the same thing actually

>The truth is that they never anything more then an average power during their history.
What

>their greatest accomplishment
uhhh

in a way yes

The Decline of Spain: A Historical Myth?

latina.phil2.uni-freiburg.de/raible/Lehre/2006_07/Materialien/1978_Kamen_Decline.pdf

Heh, it's almost as bad as England

England is much worse, they threw away their superpower status for fucking Poland

>latina.phil2.uni-freiburg.de/raible/Lehre/2006_07/Materialien/1978_Kamen_Decline.pdf
What do you mean with this? Yes, "Spain" (because Spain wasn't formed yet) was at the top in the 16th century and then in the next century went to the shit due to the infinite wars in which was involved and a lot of pests and diseases that plagued the country plus the revolts in basically every part that wasn't Castile ( that was the main contributor of soldiers and money to the crown). But again in the 18th century recovered and returned to be one of the main countries just behind France and the UK, accompanied of a lot of illustrated reforms thanks to the first bourbons kings, but again all went to the shit in the 19th century with the napoleonic invasion and a lot of civil wars that came later, plus the lost of the colonies and the birth of regional nationalism. This situation lasted until the civil war of 1936 and practically Spain didn't get on the level of the other european countries until the 60s, and here we are now.

Reminder that the UK and the US are the two only sovereign states in the modern world and everybody else is their cryptocolony

UK is the least sovereign state in all of Europe.

>UK
>sovereign
>having crypto-colonies

Are you a fatburger who confused the UK with France or something?

>U.K

hon hon hon hon hon

Am I the only one who ever found this pic hot af? Older, horny enthusiastic female seduces a young, muscular but slightly nervous guy... God I'm diamonds thinking of it. If anyone has rule 34 of this please show it to me desu.

Anglo has been found out

Isabella was like 8 months older than Ferdinand

The peak if the spanish empire was in the XVII - XVIII century.

But all went to shit after the Napoleonic wars, and took bottom with the Spanish Civil War of 1936.

Before the war, Spain became stable again and is growing since.

The civil war and the Franco regime were the last hurrah for Spain

Franco was a fag that destroyed the only hope that had Spain: the Falange.

>only hope
>JAPDR gets murdered at the start of the war
I'm not saying I disagree, but considering JA got himself killed Franco was the best option

They were ludicrous spenders who seldom invested into art, urban planning, science, etc, like every other European superpower was doing at the time. There was even a famous old saying that went something like "Spanish gold came and went like the rain".

empites that base their large land grabs through marriages rather than force of arms will always be considered nothing but meme empires

kick the jews wasnt a good idea
perks of living on a paradise