Unpopular fitness facts

>meal prepping is for normalfags who wont make it in the long run

Seriously, never met a single person that does meal prep that actually has any kind of longevity with lifting.

If you can't hit your nutritional goals without doing a meal plan and having to cook all your meals in 1 day for a week you're not going to make it.

I hit my fucking caloric/protein goals by just winging it day by day, it ain't that fucking serious you autistic pieces of DYEL shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cEeaChP130Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

post body or GTFO

while CHAD takes his BITCH and eats PIZZA every day and STILL has the GOD TIER BODY because of FACE, FRAME and HEIGHT

gymCEL meal preppers BTFO

>if OP posts his body and it's better than mine I'll stop doing meal prep

What's it like having a double digit IQ?

Meal prepping is actually God tier
People that meal prep save time and money
If you actually know how to cook, and can stick with the taste of reheated foods, and can stay dedicated to your training then there is almost no way you can fail
Plenty of fit people meal prep

Meal prepping doesn't mean you CAN'T wing it, it's just easier to have all your ducks in a row.

Nobody I know that's been lifting for years meal preps.

It's always 1st month retard lifters.

is there a comic for "the virgin meal"? or diet or whatever

The virgin meal prep.

The chad see food diet.

So what you are saying dickhead is that meal prepping is good for building healthy eating habits but after a while this systemic approach isn't necessary anymore because you have absorbed the rules into your every day life.

People who meal prep are the type of people who get all motivated and excited about getting Veeky Forums for about 2 weeks, then they fall off again and go back to eating shit, until the next time they feel motivated and then they begin meal prepping again.

It's not teaching people anything besides being an autistic everything or nothing attitude that DYEL's all have.

I guess it comes from the fact that professional athletes/professional fitness people put out this false image of them having some god tier diets, when in-fact they eat like shit and binge drink every week and take drugs. So normies try to replicate this false image, like "OMG THEY MUST BE HAVING PERFECT MEALS EVERYDAY!!!!" when in reality nobody actually fucking does that, and then the ignorant normies only last a short time doing it because it's not fucking sustainable.

"people I know" is not a good method of getting your point across, nor is it a worthy argument to begin with

4 years lifting here, and that's just on fit
Just started it last year and life's a bajillion times easier
Stop being a little bitch

every time i see an anti-meal prep thread , OP refuses to post a body pic.

meal prep is convenient and for people who are gonna make it. 1.5 hrs in the kitchen with 25 bucks for aweeks worth of meals is worth.

I'd do meal prep but it's cringey internet culture and I don't want to eat the same thing every day

My mom cooks my meals

>eating 2,3,4,5+ day old food because you're a lazy cunt who can't cook fresh meals everyday
>making it in the long-run

Nope.

Enjoy your disgusting 5 day old meals normalfaggot retarded cunt idiot moron bitch beta cuck.

Mealprepping is a battle of willpower. If you're gonna prep chicken breast, broccoli, and rice everyday then you're gonna save a shit ton of money compared to the average person. You're also going to know you're exact macros and calories. You're also going to have to hate yourself to eat like this. I lost about 40 lbs and got in the best shape of my life a few years ago doing something like this. Is it necessary? No. Is it useful? For some people, yeah.

woah

>You're also going to know you're exact macros and calories.

You don't need to meal prep to know your exact macros, buddy.

It's easier though. Forgot to say it saves time too and not everyone remembers to log their workouts and calories. People that say that they have tried everything to lose weight have probably not tried counting every single calorie and logging every single workout/activity though out the day.

Meal prep + intermittent fasting = I don't have to deal with food.

Just come to terms with the fact you're addicted to food, faggot.

>meal prepping
>has the audacity to claim other people have issues with food

Jesus christ you're spastic.

>meal prepping is for normalfags who wont make it in the long run
>Seriously, never met a single person that does meal prep that actually has any kind of longevity with lifting.
Hafthor Bjornsson, one of the top three strongest men on the planet, you fucking mong.

>being mad at symbols at a screen
Why are you so angry friendo?

Wait, people associate meal prep with gains?
I thought it was a matter of conveniency, just "I'm going to make a week's worth of meal so I don't have to fit in prep time in my schedule"
Why would it affect gains in any significant way if you're already hitting macros, with or without prep?

This is a weirdly aggressive post about meals. Seems like you've got bigger issues friend.

I tried meal prep once. Now i just shop everyday and eat the stuff. Less time spent.

There is no way to eat healthy and have time to cook everyday.

>There is Americans that seriously think like this
>There is people that believe a commute to a fast food joint + order and wait time + eating takes less time than just spending 10 minutes making food

>10 minutes to make food

The food op posted takes 40 minutes to make at best.

Instant ramen and microwaved shit isn't cooking.

Agree with OP. My housemate just started trying to 'get healthy'. He's been doing it about two weeks - the first thing he did was buy a gigantic fucking bag of whey, then joined a gym. He does arms and chest every day and does sets of 15 reps. His gf goes to the gym with him and he advises her to do 15 reps for each exercise so she doesn't get too bulky.

He also cooks all of his meals for the week on one day and fills the entire fucking fridge with his autism lunchboxes even though he shares a house with other people. He asks me for advice about lifting and dieting and then immediately argues with everything I say, despite the fact that he's skinnyfat with about 10kg of muscle mass on his entire body, and I've been lifting for 5 years and look at least good enough to be considered the guy you'd ask for advice about the gym/dieting.

I give him another week tops.

>40 minutes
>For some sauteed carrots and meatloaf

Have you cooked even once in your entire life?

>one person prepares everything they will eat for the whole week in advance

>another person takes it day by day and just eats whatever they feel like eating, taking into account their general diet and nutrition needs as they do

>one of these people thinks the other has issues with food

>giving a single digit IQ response
bruh

I have actually.

>Steaming vegetables
Takes 40 minutes on a steam cooker

>Meatloaf
10-15 minutes to preheat oven, 20 minutes from 1 side and 10 for the other

Tell me 1 dish that isn't a boiled egg or pasta that you can make in 10 minutes. I'm not even gonna count the washing/cutting time

Pasta takes about 15 minutes, with the sauce preparation time being synchronous with the time taken to make the water boil+cook, and it's a complete healthy meal, on top of being able to be topped with pretty much anything kind of like rice.
But even with longer preparations, you're ignoring that going out to eat takes time in other ways. You're commuting, you're ordering (if there's a line), you're waiting for food, and then you're commuting back.

The "It's impossible to have a job and eat healthy" is too simplistic and ignores everything that isn't the raw preparation time to claim that it's justified.
You're spending the same time and more money to have an inferior experience.

meal prepping is not a normal thing to do at all, but you're right and as you see in this thread there's a lot of dyels on this shit board who don't like to hear hard truth

While you're right and I'm in the same boat as you by hitting all my macros with ease just by eating to survive I can see why people meal plan if they're looking to become Auschwitz mode

>He eats pasta
>He shits on meal prep when he lives off pasta and whatever shit he can throw in it in under ten minutes

Not gonna make it

>he thinks there's literally anything at all wrong with pasta

Pasta =/= Instant noodles, you ignorant ameriburger.
I hit all my macros, something I doubt you can do while eating overpriced garbage filled with preservatives.

>Pasta
>Literally processed shit that shoots your gi to fuck making you fat
>Rice
>Still hasn't mentioned a source of protein that takes under 30 minutes to prepare that isn't canned tuna
>Pasta hits my macros

Ok it's obvious you know nothing about nutrition, so please refrain from making any more comments.

You are better off living off canned beans than eating pasta.

Also i never said i eat out and i only eat out with friends once a week tops. I steam cook vegetables/eggs, cook 1 kg of chicken and chop some lettuce, cucumbers, and tomatoes to make salad. This takes me about 45 minutes and lasts me for 3 days(i do IF too).

Of course you can live off peasant grains like pasta and beans but i work out at least 3 hours daily so i need protein.

It wouldn't, op is a fucking retard

The beauty of pasta (like rice) is that with its versatility you can just add whatever you want to and make it a tailor made meal.
With rice it's easier to get protein (like most teriyaki rice recipes including chicken or beef), but even with pasta you can make meat-based sauces.
Ragu is almost entirely meat, for example.

I feel like we've become a bit too hostile to eachother in this conversation.
I won't doubt that some more demanding jobs leave less time for eating, but the time taken to cook is grossly exagerated by the population at large.

You can be a bit more efficient with meal prep, but just claiming that cooking normally is impossible is simply false.

>and I've been lifting for 5 years and look at least good enough to be considered the guy you'd ask for advice about the gym/dieting
I know the type of behaviour you're describing and it is annoying, but don't pretend this doesn't fuck with you a little bit

One of those people probably weighs more than 75kg and has actual significant amounts of food to consume that would require hours of time to prepare daily

Cooking nutritious food takes time. I work, workout and have a social life. I dont have enough time on the weekdays. Weekends I have all the time in the world.

professional athletes have people that prepare all their meals for them, all they have to do is eat at the right time

And the ideal would be to have a woman cook for you but good luck finding that in the modern feminst world

>Still hasn't mentioned a source of protein that takes under 30 minutes to prepare that isn't canned tuna

Butterflied chicken breasts or ground beef take less than 30 minutes.

>sauteed
>steamed

Confirmed never cooked in your fucking life.

The vegetables in op are steamed.

I fucking hate dense fucking idiots like you. All the guy you're arguing with said is that it takes a while to cook. This is just a fact. He never said anything about eating fast or processed food though, that was you. You're a fucking mong and I hope you die in an accident.

>he don't have enough self control to have cheat meals whenever the fuck he feels like it and still make it.
lmao

kek

I did meal prepping prior to getting fit. It's just very convenient when I have time to cook a bunch of meals at once and freeze them. When I'm need a meal, take it out of the freezer and reheat. It's something I started back in college about 12 years ago.

>all supplements, but creatine is bullshit
>pre-workout and meal timing is bullshit
>nofap is bullshit
>protein powder is a huge waste, drink some fucking milk
>most programs/routines are meme nonsense, switching every few months is retarded. just lift heavy and stay consistent.
>bulking and cutting is retarded if you aren't a professional

Why do most of the meal prep meals I see just look so boring and unappetizing? I just like to make something quick for breakfast like instant oatmeal or peanut butter on toast and eat my dinner leftovers for lunch.

How about you actually learn to cook?

>call actual food boring
>describe your own method the most boring shit ever

I bet there's about a million IIFYM people with more gains than you.

Pasta isn't "bad" in moderation. Even ice cream isn't bad in moderation. Pasta is only bad if you eat it every day and don't balance with other carbs and fat/protein.

High GI isn't "bad" either. In fact peri workout nutrition should have high GI.

This thread is either 1 of 2 things:

• A meal prepper trying to troll other meal prepeprs
• A butthurt non-meal prepper who is on the fence and is trying to bait meal preppers into convincing him it's a good idea.

This is objective. No one who knows Veeky Forums can dispute this.

> macros
> calorie counting
> pedantically avoiding one type of macro

none of this shit matters unless you are dialing in for a contest. Thats not up for debate by the way, you're a fucking autistic idiot if you do this on a regular basis

> guys still think they can literally "shape" their muscles with different exercises

jesus take some of that money you use for buying waste-product supplements and go to the library for the afternoon and get a basic education in phsyiology, this is the dumbest and most prevalent belief in mainstream fitness culture.

tl;dr version: a muscle grows larger in response to stress, or it doesn't. That is all. The appearance of your musculature is controlled by genetic factors outside of your control. Nor is this, up for debate. I will not entertain high school dropouts with what they think is correct from years of uncritically regurgitating whatever is popular on the interwebz.

> supplements
> doing anything

pick one. A fool and his money are soon parted however, and thats why an industry that literally sells you waste products from other industries has had one of the most explosive growths in the past 20 years.

Hi Scooby. What's going on?

>only dyels meal prep
youtube.com/watch?v=cEeaChP130Y
0:28

You realise some people actually cook all their meals?

Meal prepping is like that except easier.

If you live on your own it actually makes economical sense.

You fuckers are retarded sometimes

i meal prep because it's much easier when i'm cutting. i don't worry about it when i do a bulk, but it's helpful to have ready made meals so i don't have to think about it on the fly. and it saves a few bucks which is nice

Why is everyone so mad in this thread? :(

I prep meals for work saves me eating junk food or stuff that would make me feel bloated. Get odd looks when I start eating broccoli and chicken breasts whilst everyone is eating fast food.

Meal prepping is amazing. Especially since I got a pressure cooker during Prime Day. I use it for my main macro meal each day, and do shakes etc. throughout the day.

Yeah, reheated food isn't the greatest, but being able to make 5+ days worth of food in an hour is pretty nice. Wish I would have done this years ago.

>literally no greens
that just looks sad and unpleasant, and this is coming from a guy who has been eating 4 hard boiled eggs for breakfast and chicken breast for lunch every single day for 3+ years. at least pack a side salad with that stuff jesus.

>You're also going to have to hate yourself to eat like this.
I have eaten the same thing for breakfast for years and don't hate myself. Why would lunch be different?

So I shouldn't be meal preping

Its the easiest way for me to avoid fast food.

I've always been extremely bad with greens. I just don't find many vegetables to be particularly good. Hell, most of my fiber comes from casein protein. RIP.

>I've always been extremely bad with greens.
never
going
to
make
it

peas, brussel sprouts, broccoli, asparagus, and sweet potatoes. none of that sounds good to you? that shit is delicious.

I mean, I played college sports (rugby) back in the day and lift regularly. I just dislike greens. I also do cardio 4 times a week along with lifting. Berries, potatoes, and beans are pretty much a core, but most of my vegetable intake is in stuff like vegetable or lentil soups. Out of your entire list, sweet potatoes and broccoli are the only things I really eat.

K I guess. you should really try to appreciate the taste and texture of those god tier veggies.
especially peas

If all of your meals aren't completely spontaneous to maximize the fun factor you're a boring autist who can never make it. Failing to do this for one meal a day is pretty bad, but at 2+ meals you might as well be a robot.

Confirmed for never going to make it.

Quit now and save yourself the wasted time.

>meal prep
this is such a dumb-guy thing.

So, if I want to start meal prepping, what is the best way to track my macros on each serving?

Do I just write the weights of each food in the lid and then track it with mfp?

>buy food scale
>meal prep in bulk the food you want
>put glass container (if you use anything plastic, enjoy your xenoestrogens you pussy) on scale, zero it out
>put food in container one food type at a time, write down the weight in grams
>do this for all food you eat
>later calculate what is in that meal, if you put the same weight in each container, you just need to do this once
>put on sticky note what that meal is, leave on fridge
>enjoy a weeks worth of lunches/dinners/whatever without having to weigh shit or worry about machros

What about buying the shit to make it?

"Nobody I know"

Ironically almost everyone I know that lifts does. I do to an extent. I wing it on the weekends, and prep breakfast and lunch monday-friday on Sunday nights.

My wife works full time and Is a full time nursing student. I work 1st shift and have to get my 3 year old ready every day, to the concept of being able to grab pre-made healthy breakfast and lunch in 90 seconds beats waking up at 430 every morning to make breakfast and lunch daily.

Steak takes 8 minutes with prep unless youre a disgusting leather eater

>not having a female cook your meals, wash your clothes and clean your living space

Western men are fucking pussys.

t. mongolian

>letting women cook your meat
wow
they can make salads or roast some other veggies, pour drinks and such
no fucking way I'm letting them ruin my meat via over/undercooking and improper seasoning.

>Enjoy your disgusting 5 day old meals normalfaggot retarded cunt idiot moron bitch beta cuck.

>buy two chickens on friday
>roast both in oven
>partition into six-ounce ziplocks
>freeze
>bring to work
>drain a can of vegetables and add to plate
>heat three minutes in micro
>slather in Sriracha

Lunch at work is piss-easy and delicious.

yeah how do you track your macros?

are you one of those low test numale betacucks who just eat 6 time a day without any sort ot calorie tracking?

I can read a nutrition label and have basic math skills. Maybe your mom can read the labels to you and explain what they mean.

>basic math skills
yeah?

3 + 4 x 5 + 6 x 0 = ????

The pros of it are good, but I'd get bored from eating the same foods by day 2 and let the rest mould over. Sauces and spices wouldn't help.

>what is a freezer

so mr big numbers?

Meal prep is entirely for convenience, everyone in this tread is an idiot.

23, thus:
3 + (4x5) + (6x0)
3+ (20) + (0)