First time posting on this board

First time posting on this board.
If this isnt the right place for this. Feel free to delete this.

I guess I just need to know; ive been choking myself since high school (im 23 now) and only recently have I been having convulsions till i drop, and seizures when i wake up. Im just curious as to what this is doing to my body? Am i actually causing any harm here? Does anyone else have the same problem?

It really is an addiction and im not sure what to do.
Thanks in advance guys.

you have multiple mental disorders

dumb phoneposter

I really do.

Seek out therapy I guess. Or stop choking yourself... I guess it's hard to let go of but if you don't, I don't know, I have nothing to say to you. It's your life, take care baby.

Thanks dude. I honestly dont know what i was thinking when i made this thread. I guess i just wanted to reach out and ask for some kinda help. Iv'e never told anyone about this before. Kinda wanted to see if i was the only one...

NOW CHOKE YOURSELF

I've never heard of it but I can see how growing with a habit might turn into something you'd do regularly. I used to place really hot things on my cheeks, like an iron or a lighter. I don't know why but the pain and me getting used to it was comfortable enough for me. If I were you I'd decide to turn my life around and start fresh. Dump everything that happened before and DECIDE that you won't go back to whatever you were in. It's the only way you can step out of yourself that smothers itself with the habits it got used to over the years.

Good luck, self-love user, always.

Just curious, why do you do it? For sexual reasons?

Thanks. I know. I need to be a lot stronger in wanting to change myself. Its just so hard to get over this hurdle. I'm taking what you say to heart though. I really need to just dump everything and start over.

Nah. Its mostly because it makes me docile. And i get a high from it. If im feeling suicidal I can just choke myself and it makes me calm down. It's how I've always coped with things. Though looking up both bi polar and bpd, im scared that i match both symptoms perfectly.

Sorry if the sentence structure is off here. Ive choked myself three times tonight and made this post, so its hard to think straight.

Stop doing that.

how do you choke yourself? aren't you afraid the belt or whatever is gonna get stuck and kill you?

I use my hands. I just strangle myself into convulsions or until i pass out. Then my hands drop from my neck and i can breathe again.

Kek

How did it start? And at what age

Jesus Christ man. Please don't do that to yourself.

You're depriving oxygen from your brain to get that high. I don't think we need to tell you that is bad or why it is bad.
You clearly need to seek medical help both physically and mentally.

Honestly around 9th grade. So what is that 13? 14? I read about how to do it online looking for a cheap high and it became addictive, then it just became a lifestyle, a way to cope.

I want to stop so bad dude.

Sounds like you went to my high school. It was a boarding school and kids started doing this where they'd choke eachother or something until it ended badly and a couple got dismissed

I never understood it.

I honestly wasn't sure how serious it was. I always go back to normal after a couple of minutes, so i never thought it could be all that bad. Ive always hid this, but you're right. Its probably time to get proper help for it.

Never had someone else choke me, but I know people do it. I honestly wouldn't mind someone choking me, even to death. Though it would blow if they got charged with murder. Haha.

Choking is for losers, lifting is a way better high. Please dont be a loser.

This post is pure. I really think exercising might help me out a lot. I know thats how some people combat their depression. Half the battle is starting and maintaining though.

I feel really bad for you and I hope you get help. This is clearly a deep routed issue from mental illness and I don't believe you're capable of fixing it alone or else this wouldn't be a problem in the first place. Please seek professional help, the people helping you won't judge you for it. They're in the field to help people like you live happier lives.

You only have one chance at life, and it would be an outstanding loss to everyone around you that it was taken away from such a fixable issue.

I wish the very best for you.

Haha. This post made me start sobbing. Thank you so much. Lately has just been so hard and I really needed that, especially that last bit. Bless you user. Im slowly realizing that I might have more issues than i initially thought. Ive been to therapists before, but was never honest with them out of fear that they would judge me. But that was just stupid of me. Youre right. Its their field. They probably see worse than me all the time.

Thanks again for the kind words. Its kinda hard to see now cause of all these dumb tears.

I had a friend kill himself at that boarding school from very fixable issues. It was a terrible thing to see and live through. I'm still in contact with his family and I visit them occasionally.

This habit of yours has already become life threatening, and you may not believe it now but it will end up hurting and traumatizing a lot of people that you might not even believe will be affected. Please open up to a professional and let them help you, there is nothing to be ashamed of. You'll have second thoughts when it comes time, but I promise it will be okay. We love you.

I think I speak for all of us but start lifting. Your going to make it brought, we all start somewhere

Im so sorry you had to go through that. That sounds absolutely terrible. Fuck. I guess when you put it that way, I wouldnt want anyone to feel that. I guess its so easy to just imagine that people will move on and forget about you anyways. But you're right. Tomorrow I'm calling my doctor. I'm so sick of feeling like this.
And thank you. Thank you so much. I honestly wasnt sure if i was going to make it through the night.

I need this. I need goals. I want to be proud of myself again.

Do cardio.
Workout your neck instead of choking it.

Live an aerobic life not an anaerobic one user.

Hey. This is op from last night. Just wanna thank this board for probably saving my life. I made an appointment with my doctor todat to hopefully get things solved. I'll probably stick around as well, check out some threads here. God knows I need it.
Thanns again. Ya'll are angels.

Good job, bud. I hope the best for you