When did you guys realise that

dumbell bench >>> barbell bench

for hypertrophy?

Prove it with science

Prove that barbell bench is better with science

Fact is almost every bodybuilder I know only does dumbell bench

Barbell bench is purely an ego lift loved by powerlifters and fat pseudo SS Veeky Forums powerlifters.

dumbbells are better for practically everything, especially upper body

BB bench is funner

fact is that most actual bodybuilders use machine chest press

for pure hypertrophy while minimising injuries over a long period of time machines win out

>hypertrophy

When did you realise that you can't overload dumbbells the same way you can a barbell, making them inferior?

>Being this retarded

If youre not getting the results from bar benching, then you either need to A) drop the weight so you can do more reps and more sets resulting in a higher total and greater muscle exhaustion, or B) throw in a few lighter weight sets at the end of your working sets for the same reason

You can also finish off on a machine with high reps.

I bet you dumb niggers are doing 3x5 and calling it done because you cant lift anymore at that weight level

Increase reps ya melt

To expand on this even if work to failure on 80-90% of your 1rm you still have a shit load of untapped work capacity left in you that you cant utilise unless you drop to a lower % of your 1rm.

>you can't ego lift on dumbbells, thus saving you from snapping your joints up
Good point, my senpai

I was wondering about this for a while
If dumbbels were as easy to overload as barbells, would they make you stronger in the same amount of time, or is there some other cns factor or something to the barbells?

Are these machines the GOAT?

>what is linear progression
Wanna know how I know both of you are dyels?

>I'm on my first week of SS the post

i tried one ONCE and it hurt my shoulder

damn zyzz looks really fucking weird

Wanna know how I know you don't look like you lift?

Also
>you can't do LP on dumbbells
Actually you can. You fundamentally misunderstand what LP is.

When did you realize you can fit both into your routine?

Stop being stupid. DB bench is the most fun part of my workout.

the real question:

Incline DBB vs. flat DBB

why can't you? at my gym the dumbbells go up to 80kg and we have magnetic weights you can put to increase the weight by small amounts

>not decline DB bench in the squat rack

That's pretty cool, but most gyms don't have that

You can buy them. You can also wear 2lb wrist weights.

DBB recruits more muscle fibers and requires more use of stablilising muscles. I can also get a wicked pump with only four sets of flat dumbbell followed by four sets of incline dumbbell. Barbell bench is an ego lift that can kill you if you ego lift hard enough. Shit, ever since I stopped using barbell bench and replaced that with dumbbell bench, my chest grew by double.

If I stop barbell benching for a couple of months and do db bench instead will my barbell bench stall or will it go up as I make db gains?

barbell bench is good. However if you are more dominant on one side, you will just get further imbalances, since that side does more work.

Dumbell bench is good to even out your right and left sides, and also builds stabilization.

You are fucking retarded if you think you can get big/strong without doing any barbell bench. Do both.

>You are fucking retarded if you think you can get big/strong without doing any barbell bench.

Of course you can?

Why do you HAVE to barbell bench?

Do you chest muscles know when you are using a dumbell and just decide not to grow?

>if i work out a muscle group continuously will my muscles get stronger?

Never was a real fan of the barbell bench press. Tried the dumbbell bench press a week ago for the first time and now it's one of my favorite exercises.

>tfw you can actually feel your chest muscles activate
>tfw you can fully contract your chest muscles
>tfw you don't need a spotter
>tfw you can push yourself to your limits without a spotter
>tfw you just take two dumbbells from the rack and can start benching right away

>tfw rip himself said the barbell bench is the least important part of SS and he just put it in because the americans love it

If your goal is musclegrowth, anything is better than barbell bench press. Why? Because you should focus on proper form and technique when it comes to compounds, and then, those exercises are primarily meant for strength and not for building muscle mass(!)

What about dips?

DB and BB have shitty carryover. It's a terrible idea. Pick one and get strong at it.

I just roll my eyes when people say to alternate between, say, dumbell overhead press and barbell overhead press. Its the worst advice ever. any type of dumbell work should only be used as an accessory movement.

dips are only safe if your build is suited to them - large ribcage short arms.

for most people they are unsafe. they'll fracture their sternum and blow out their rotator cuffs

>>tfw you can push yourself to your limits without a spotter

You can on BB too unless youre doing some dumb 5rep 90% 1rm bs

This is the ultimate red-pill for chest development. For other exercises, machines aren't as good but they're GOAT for chest. I incorporated machine work into my routine about 3 months ago and my chest has blown up.

weighted dips wants a word with you mang

if you can't develop your chest with only flat barbell bench you're a fucking genetic failure

They're shit with two exceptions:

1) Pushing through a BP plateau.
2) You're juiced to the gills and you'd grow with any TuT.

Flat bench is a meme

When did you guys

lifting >>> posting about lifting

for hypertrophy?

Parallel bar dips are king for chest.

I immediately realized this and haven't looked back.

My issue now is keeping my biceps and chest at an even level, seems like my chest grows at a faster rate

Anyone one else think people on here spend too much time stressing about their routine lol

Just fucking lift and eat right it doesn't matter what you do

so you basically go into the squat rack wanting to do db bench but then decide to decline the offer?
gotta confuse the muscles right?

decline is the opposite of incline, when the bench is raised by the other side. Ive seen people drag a db bench into the smith machine area and then put a plate under the bench to decline the head side. Then grab dumb bells... of course seen others use the smith bar to bench press as well

b-but it w-was just a b8 m8

Not sure what it is called, but the exercise that has produced great results for me is the dumbbell press where you hold the dumbbells in neutral grips and "clamp" them, squeezing them together through the concentric and eccentric movements of the press.

Doing drop sets of those always torches my chest.

I've never been a fan, for some reason the movement never feels natural.

i always thought dumbbell bench is for people who don't have friends, like me

I think about 6-8 months ago. Haven't done a single barbell benchsince then. Better contraction, better pump, better gains

Gonna blow your mind here OP...
Why not use both?

machines are great for back to. a healthy combination of machines and free weights is goat for hitting gym everyday

linear progression doesnt mean constantly increasing weight... you will learn in time

fact is body builders have done so many steroids and already have a huge bench. They do machines like that because they cant make much more strength gains so they just try and annihilate each muscle individually. For a natural lifter who doesnt even have a 2 pl8 bench who thinks he should dumbell bench is wasting their time.

OHP, Pull Ups + 5 sets of push ups to failure >>> Benching

for hypertrophy?

took about a year

Thirty-first post best post

Your workout is boring and so are you

I like how people can just say things like 'Decline bench is useless', not citing any sources, and you people will believe it, same people that believe that shit listen to every youtube fake natty for advice

C O O K I E C U T T E R

>everyone on the planet has the same muscle fibre distribution, internal leverages and response to training

Haven't done BB bench in years. DB is much easier on the shoulders.

is scooby's "floor db press>bench db press" a meme? he says it helps you avoid shoulder injury. is shoulder injury that common with db bench

Stop forcing this meme and hurting your Veeky Forumsbros aesthetics

Is switching exclusively to DB Bench and Incline worth it?

Since I started focusing more on Dumbbell bench than barbell bench because I hate having limited mobility and I realized my chest grew quicker... doesn't matter now because I haven't been lifting for a month due to breaking my hand and I lost all my gains :(

I can see the fedora from here.

>If dumbbels were as easy to overload as barbells, would they make you stronger in the same amount of time, or is there some other cns factor or something to the barbells?

Absolutely. The only issue with dumbbells is that a) They're hard to load (jumping up 5lbs on each dumbbell is unfortunately required in almost all gyms and that is really hard as you get stronger b) They're hard to get in place, swinging up 80lb dumbbells to shoulder press is going to be fucking impossible

Even rippletoe said that DB bench press is better than barbell except for those reasons.

>1 of the three main BB lifts is a meme

Wanna know how I know you're DYEL?

>hypertrophy

top kek

You need wide gap between hands for those

likely none of you bench more than the 100lb dbs so all your opinions are invalid

>the poor so only have 10 lbs babby weights and 30 lb bar

Yeah if I wanted to do DBs I'd need to wear wrist straps at this point unless I want to do cardio with the 95s

ur doing it wrong
lol alternating is fine fat boi

>powerlifting is all that matters
k lardo