You have to flat barbell bench to make any gains

>You have to flat barbell bench to make any gains
>You have to deadlift to make any gains
>You have to back squat to make any gains

When will these memes die?

Why is Veeky Forums full of pseudo powerlifters who don't even compete?

Is it because most people here are computer nerds who used to be obsessed with video games? So now they're obsessed with increasing their total and like to think they are superior to other gym goers because they can out deadlift and squat them?

Are you actually implying the guy in your pic doesn't squat, bench or deadlift?

He does, but that doesn't mean you have to to make gains.

Deadlifts are shit exercise for hypertrophy btw. You are betting off doing less physically taxing exercises if your goal isn't strength.

It's about becoming better overall you spastic.

Barbell benching is going to make you stronger
Deadlifting is going to make you stronger
Squatting is going to make you stronger

Stronger = able to move more weight = more muscle = better at burning fat = looks better = healthier overall.

Very few people outside of the /powerlifting/ general on Veeky Forums advise getting fat to get strong.

I agree that you don't need to do any of the major compound lifts to get gains. I personally don't squat, I instead leg press, hamstring curl, and hack squat. I do not care about my squat number, and I don't complain to anybody about how I wish my legs were bigger. If you don't enjoy a lift; don't do it.

You can can replace flat bb bench and back squats, but you can't replace deadlifts.

>Bench can be replaced with a huge amount of different chest exercises.
>Squats can be replaced with a huge amount of different Leg press machines.

What can replace Deadlifts??????? Nothing, it would take 2-3 different lifts to replace it as it works both upper body muscles (traps, back) and lower back muscles (lower back, hamstrings, glutes)

There's no single machine or single exercise to replicate the Deadlift in regards to hitting traps/back/hamstrings/glutes. Until then, Deadlifts remain the only lift you cannot replicate with another single lift (like you can with squats/bench)

At the end of the day,

You can do whatever the
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFACK
you wanna do

>He does, but that doesn't mean you have to to make gains.

Nobody ever says that it's the only way to make gains. Literally nobody on Veeky Forums has ever (seriously) said that you can't make gains without compound lifts.

It's just a fact that as a natural - it is way more efficient and beneficial to do heavy compounds for strenght and size gains than it is to do anything else.

>Deadlifts are shit exercise for hypertrophy btw

Deadlifts make you stronger overall, improve your CNS and generally work a lot of muscles and all of that is transferable into other exercises.

It's just about becoming stronger overall.

>if your goal isn't strength.
if your goal isn't strength than you're a faggot who just lifts for girls

hypertrophy is a meme for nattys. been going to the gym for 5 years, 3 of which there is a guy there every single day doing iso memes and he looks exactly the same

if you want to look good NATTY forget about useless isolations and focus on heavy compounds

>lifting heavy things over and over
>goal isn't at least partially to get stronger
hmm

Its because Veeky Forums boards in general are mostly filled up with people who are just getting in to their respective interests. What i mean is that fit is filled with newbies that haven't lifted for very long. There are some people here that has lifted for a long time but they stick to their generals and for them its mostly a social thing and memeing or whatever.

If you go on lit then its the same thing there, the board is filled mostly of people who are just getting in to literature. And so on and so on.

What happens is that once people have learned and absorbed what the boards have to give them they usually move on. These places are like a little pond that people get in to then they leave it and new people hop in to it and the process repeats. So it stays as a place for newbies.

For newbies doing a full body routine 3 times a week focusing n the compounds is not a bad start at all and its probably objectively the best way of making gains as a newb. Its why its recommended. Which is why so many people here do that.

>Is it because most people here are computer nerds who used to be obsessed with video games?
Probably true.

>So now they're obsessed with increasing their total and like to think they are superior to other gym goers because they can out deadlift and squat them?
Well duuh... If you outlift others you are superior to them in the gym! :^) (unless they are way more aesthetic then you, (which is rarely the case for these dyelf faggots with pathetic numbers on their lifts.. (Probably should have done SS) )

You don't have to do any specific lift for gains.

But deadlifts, flat barbell bench and back squat are great compound lifts and there's no real reason to leave them out.

Despite favouring incline, Arnold still did flat bench on occasion.

The real problems is fucking morons like OP and other youtube fitness retards who manage to look half decent who think they've "solved" bodybuilding and weight lifting, when really its been solved for fucking decades, and all that's left is meming and shilling for routines that make people money.

Post your body OP.
Nobody who outwardly shits on the "big 3" have ever posted their body because they are always dyel and look awful

>bodybuilding has moved on

Steroids have moved on*

Yes I do

Because I got trolled into becoming a pseudo powerlifter by/fit/

Meanwhile my friends who do brosplits look 10x as good despite me outlifting them

This is an older picture of mine, I think I might have done dumbbell bench then and a set of low weight squats a week then. I had also given up on deadlifts for quite a while.

Just fix your nutrition and you'll look good. If you're actually moving good weight you've built muscle.
People on fit who claim to have been 'trolled' into powerlifting are almost 100% of the time just too retarded to figure out nutrition. Your natty friends doing brosplits will not look drastically different to another natty focusing on strength unless you've fucked your calorie intake.

Squats never agreed with me, bench feels clunky and deadlifts left me drained when maxing or left me feeling like I did nothing without getting close to a max.

Now I smith bench and smith squat for high reps to cheat the worst parts of the movements. I'd move back to dumbbell bench if I could get a spotter and leg press if my current gym had a decent one.

lol

Yeah you look like it, where is your chest? Why don't you show some leg?

You are a major fucking pussy

Also, heavy compounds have given me minor injuries in the past. While trying to grind through a plateau of 65 kgs on the press ( couldn't get a 5th rep) I slowly hurt my shoulder and had to let it heal for months before shoulder movement didn't feel painful, knees always clack while squatting and I even pulled my back once while doing a 100 kg high rep squat set.

Meanwhile, I can just do multiple drop sets of whatever cable/machine exercise with minimal joint issues and know that I'm getting the most out of my workout.

I have pectus and my chest will never fill out, right now after a bulk and currently on a cut it's much bigger on the nipple side but it actually looks worse.

And here are my legs a few months back, way after the above pics were taken, and after literally doing only 2 sets of squats a week.

Honestly I wish I had quads half the size they are now, but for whatever reason they won't atrophy.

Like a few months back I tried deadlifting after not having deadlifted for like a year and I did 185 kgs for 4 reps, without my belt or anything.

If my test levels can support something like 30 kgs of total muscle mass on me, I'd rather not have something like 15 of those on my legs.

why the fuck do you need a spotter for db bench?

Squats and deadlifts are pretty unique compounds with a lot of advantages, ok, but what about dumbbell bench press?
I keep hearing "bar for strength, dumbbell for hypertrophy", but in this case, the dumbbells add a new dimension of control to the exercise while preventing any muscle imbalances. The chest development should be superior in every way, what am I missing?
Apart from that it's also safer, but that's besides the point.

>it's another episode of 'focusing on three lifts of which two are lower body won't make you look like a bodybuilder'
Well, who would've fucking thought, right? Doesn't make them bad tho.

The powerlifts are not the only compounds out there, you know.

I need help getting into position with 45 kgs dumbbells.

Also, since increments are larger (depending on your gym setup), a spotter always helps when you make, say a jump of 4 kgs on each side (might help you with a missed rep, and even half reps like this help you progress).

Microloading is much worse with dumbbells, basically impossible. You're also generally lifting less weight because of obscure limiting reasons, like not being able to lay down with dumbbells heavy enough.

I lift for strength and yet hang around with gym bros that lift for aesthetics all the time.
I really don't give a single fuck, I enjoy talking to them and realize they simply train a different way.
None of us thinks he is hotter shit than the rest or anything.

If you are actually not mentally retarded that is the way it is.
Stop making these threads.

>Sit on the edge of the bench with your legs at a 90 degree angle
>Rest dumbbells on your legs
>Kick them into place when you get into position
Boom easy

I've got pectus excavatum too

If I ever put on muscle I'll be quite happy if it ends up looking like your chest

45 kg dbs and you've never done what this user says? a spotter for finishing that last rep is nice but no way a requirement. you can easily cancel that last rep if you cant do it

>makes thread with picture implying such a good physique was achieved without squats, bench or deads
>he does all of those