L O N D O N

Any Veeky Forumsizens from London? I just moved in and no Veeky Forums training buddies here. Go to the Pure Gym in Camberwell. Also, general UK gym thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

thegymgroup.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pure gym finsbury park

>general UK gym thread

How much do you pay for your gym membership anons? £50 per ANNUM here. (Through work)

I go to the anytime fitness in tulse hill just down the road from you, come lift with me

Shit mayne where do you work that you get gym for 50 a year? How good is the gym?

Fit4less, £25/month and they have platforms. Shit is cash.

Anyone in Glasgow?

Norwich Breh repporting

is there ANY board where you stupid fucking bongs don't have your own generals?

I never saw one on Veeky Forums

Leicester reporting in for no reason. Home gym master race

Fuck me I thought I was getting a good deal with £20 a month

20 quid a month
its a great gym but the owner has fucked us over a bit, he said was gonna use the downstairs area for strongman kit but instead is using it for shitty boxercise and cardio classes
I'd say something but he's a 6'5 superheavyweight bodybuilder

Any Bedfordshire bros?

Anyone train at Bloomsbury Veeky Forumsness? £200/year if you're a student and the equipment isn't shite anymore

How true is this?

100% accurate

100% accurate. When I got home from failing my TV Licence exam I found that some peaceful, disaffected muslims had driven a van into next door and were stabbing them
I told them they were just a sad result of our racist foreign policy and went into my house

>£60 for life (Uni Gym)

Feels good to be Imperial.

>imperial
how do you deal with lolnogirls+crippling autism?

By regularly shit posting on Taiwanese basket weaving forum.

capped this ages ago

the problem I'd see with being a student in london is that nights out would get stupidly expensive unless you went through a silly amount of drugs

Any gets stupidly expensive. Rent, food, transport etc.

>he buys drinks on nights out

£6 for 6 cans of polish beer is what pretty much all students do in london

what percentage of imperial students kill themselves? isn't it like 20%?

Who /Manchester/ here?

user, you're really close to me. I go to a gym 20 min walk from yours.

£20 a month for a sweatbox of a converted warehouse on an industrial estate

How much is it per month/is it any good? This PG is pretty great and its 24h access for 22 quid a month.

It's The Gym so it's full of black dudes who scatter dumbells everywhere and stand behind me to shamelessly look at my ass while I squat. But I pay £20 a month and the free weights area is bigger than any other The Gym I've been to so it's okay

Is it tidy? For 2quid a month and a slightly longer trip I'd be willing to move to your gym if it's not full of monkeys and kebab tbqh

Does it get busy around 9-10pm?

>24h access for 22 quid a month.

Easygym?

He already said it's puregym

Super tidy. It's the biggest gym I've been to and I've been to a lot. I usually go around 10-midnight and there's only a handful of guys. Nothing but black dudes tho.

G L A S G O W
L
a
S
G
O
W

Still sounds better than mine. I'll probably freeze my membership at the gym and join yours

I'm sure you can come have a look inside at no cost, you totally should. I thought all the PGs were more or less the same but man was the one in Brighton a shithole compared to this one.

I'll buy a day pass and come for a night this week to see how it is. I'm autistic to the point I only want to lift at the same bench and platform everytime so I'm gonna have to pick a light day :^)

Yes of course Glasgow uni reporting in

Last time I drove down there, there were a whole bunch of speedbumps wearing black polyester. Not recommended.

Couldn't you get into oxbridge user?

My advice, anons, is to look into a sports club like a rugby or rowing club and get a 'gym only' membership, or just join the sport. For example I row in Berkshire and just over £200 a year gets you full access to oly plates, squat racks and rowing machines with a fraction of the number of people around to bother you. All your money goes towards the upkeep of the club rather than some manager's hedge fund.

Look in to what clubs are around near you.

Milton Keynes master race reporting in.

>mfw training at Imperial College's gym in 2011
that was a good feel

The sun never sets lad, never forget

karpackie is 9 percent alcohol, you've gotta be pretty dead inside to drink them but they are cheap and powerful.

lol 60 for life aka 3 years.

that's because Veeky Forums is shit.

feel free to use that rhyme when you visit Veeky Forums by the way

any gloucester/cheltenham failures here? no 24h gym in chelt, it pains me.

I also go to this gym

too crowded at peaks smdh, was there doing squats earlier fampai

>literally have a 600 quid baliff fine for not paying a month of tv licence

>never paying it

we colonise everything, surely you realise this?

any /stoke/ lads in?
puregym north, i notice the wifi gets banned from certain boards sometimes so i know there's some of you fuckers there

Is kings college London a good place to study? Looking to do my master's abroad

Fairly good yes, depends on your subject.

It's not the best rated in London (that would be Imperial, UCL or LSE...again depending on your subject), but it's reputable and in a good location.

Ay I work in Camberwell, I go gym in Peckham Rye though

Used to be Bath St PureGym regular... now home gym.

in the market for a gymcel lifting bro tho

Don't believe their lies. No British house numbers go up to 3242. Also, no bong would ever say "hol up". They'd say "old up". Other than that, 10/10 would kek again

Is that The Gym just south of Angel tube? I used to go there a fair bit. I was SO happy the day it opened as i used to have to cycle to Waterloo to gym at The Gym

I noticed these two things as well. But as you say, other than that, breddy funny.

Jolly good show, Burgers

Paisley lad.

Joined up to énergie fitness in Bethnal Green literally today, £22 p/m, 2 minutes from my house, which is nice.

I live in china town.

Anyone else actually live in central?

I go to some wageslave tier normie gym near my office. Its actually well stocked though, if a bit small (i'm 6'3 and the ceiling is so low I have to do seated OHP)

Anybody /Notts/?

Up until the house address,
UK door numbers are usually up to 3 digits, not 4, AFAIK

West London (Ealing) massive newb here.

Considering joining "the gym" @ £10.99 p/m
thegymgroup.com/

I get a discount from work too, supposedly.

Anyone nearby?

Who /ergo/ here?

Third space masterrace here, £125 a month.

What's it like living and training in an Arab city?

rowed for about 5 yrs quit this year

EasyGym wood green representing

Anyone from Lincoln?

Pure gym bermondsey lol, we're neighbours

Scumbernauld standing by

Did you?
Inb4 science at Ox or humanity at Camb

tfw rural so have to go to a fucking city for a decent gym that isn't just exercise bikes, treadmills and smith machines.

tfw in a city and all the gyms are just that. Fucking annoying, especially since most gyms have barely any pics on their websites of their gear.

>'free weights section'
>it's a tiny area with racks of dumb bells and a few kettlebells

what the fuck

>Enter the gym walking through the thousands of expensive and new treadmills and spinning machines towards the freeweight section
>Standing shoulder to shoulder with Big Billy and Tiny Tim in the free weights section (Reduced due to cutbacks)
>The bar is a rebar
>The weights are bags of sugar nicked from the gym manager's tea room
>The squat rack is made from wood and held up by string, chewing gum and the overpowering stench of sweaty men cramped into a corner together (no homo)
>Finish sets, turn to leave, count maybe 4 other people in the gym, spread thinly amongst the machines
>Spot JCB dumping another hundred treadmills and spinning machines into a pile in the car park in front of the gym
>receive email about the new and improved facilities when I get home

>spin classes, aerobics, yoga, zumba, all dancing around in a giant gym hall
>row upon row of treadmills, elipticals, rowing machines with walls full of tvs
>free weights section is in a broom closet
it's just not fucking fair. only good gym i ever saw was my uni gym, i guess they actually wanted to spend money on it to get their university sports teams up to snuff.

Anyone live in Rome?

Luckily, I'm able to attend the uni gym here as an alumni.

But yeah it's pretty ridiculous just how much space is dedicated to cardio machines that barely get used, as well as other class activities.
I guess they bring the money in though.

Second this. I'm a member of a tennis club in south east (Outer) London, 20 quid and change a month, best gym I've ever been a member of!

Why did you guys bend over and present your assholes to the mudslimes?