Vegan Revolution

Who else here is excited about everyone going vegan after seeing What The Health, Forks Over Knives, and Okja on Netflix?

When did you stop eating nasty, disease inducing dismembered flesh and secretions from abused animals?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/RYmSEQUW
iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1748-9326/10/8/085002/meta
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23798521
news.cornell.edu/stories/1997/08/us-could-feed-800-million-people-grain-livestock-eat
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manure
newatlas.com/shipping-pollution/11526/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Since this thread is going to get derailed anyway, let's have some gym feels.
>Excited to max out for the first time in while, buddies and I all have a designated day and we compare our progress
>The day comes and I wake up with a weird rash
>Go to the doctor before the gym
>MFW I have shingles
>MFW the gym owner has a newborn infant
>MFW I didn't get to go lift with my friends and my whole arm itches like a mother fucker

Stopped eating meat last september, never going back. Don't miss it a bit.

>abused animals

Every time a vegan mentions abused animals, I go to Walmart and buy a pack of chicken breasts just to toss it in the garbage.

Why would you waste your EBT like that? Doesn't your mom get mad?

Nevermind that plants are grown with literal shit and slaughterhouse byproducts.

can't wait for vegan to become mainstream so all of them slowly start dropping it for some new memefad.

Does your ass make the same sound as the wind does while it rustles the leaves of a birch when you fart?

>never going back. Don't miss it a bit.
Same. Been vegan for 7 years now and the thought of consuming animal flesh or secretions makes me gag. So fucking nasty. I feel really sorry for people who actually think it tastes better than vegan food. They obviously don't know how to cook or what real food even is.

There's veganic agriculture which will become the standard in due time.

gr8 b8 m8 8/8

>consuming animal flesh or secretions makes me gag.
holy fuck you people are pathetic and weak

you realize that user is just some /b/tard trolling right
no vegans come on Veeky Forums

Also, we can wash our veggies. The feces you consume from meat is absorbed like a marinade. Not that it needed to be any grosser than it already is. Doesn't surprise me that people who fund animal torture so they can willingly eat the cut up corpse and bodily secretions of animals would be cool with eating shit.

>being this naive

What do you want me to give you my photo ID and Facebook to prove I'm really vegan? Why are you people so deluded that vegans on Veeky Forums don't exist? Get used to it, we're about to become a majority.

What are the macros in shit?

>we're about to become a majority
can't wait till summer's over and you crawl back to where you came from

You're so hardcore and tough for going to the supermarket and buying dead animal flesh

Where did this vegan shilling come from? Like the last two weeks we've had 3 threads a day about this garbage. Who is behind this marketing campaign?

So weak bro.

University? Yeah can't wait either desu.

>bob-sledder and arm wrestler

Fucking KEK

Not without petrochemical fertilizer

>bob-sledder
>looks like a homo

hmmmmm

>Who is behind this marketing campaign?
>Being this deluded that the only possible reason for it could be money.
>Disregards the overwhelming evidence that animal products are shit for us, animals are being tortured as standard practice and just severely abused everywhere else, and it's destroying the environment and public health, etc., etc., etc.

If this is the case then why are vegan products more expensive on average?

>appeal to emotion arguments
>single study arguments
>fear mongering arguments

Vegans are the grandest cucks. Keep living your delusion that you're "saving the planet". 31% of India is vegetarian, 300 million people, yet they still live in extreme poverty and filth.

Tell me one scientific reason why I should stop eatin clean fish and chicken

Why don't you KEK to their faces?

I would because nothing about them implies that they're any more apt to fighting than you or I, and arm wrestlers are notoriously autistic.

>these guys are huge, they'd kick your ass
>but lifting won't help you in a fight!

>destroying the environment
There are so many things with a bigger effect on the environment, if you actually cared about it you'd see that overpopulation is harming it the most.
At least don't pretend you're doing this for anything other than virtue signaling.

>wth was filled with pseudoscientific garbage (the thing on eggs, fucking topkek)
>Vegan shilling
Its fine to be a fringe meme dieter, but the was majority of the world doesn't give a shit about your faux moralising nonsense.

Vegetarian is not vegan and obviously there are other factors in pollution and degeneracy than just meat, especially in a shithole like India. And vegan products are only temporarily expensive because they don't have much competition just yet, along with costs of stocking a lower volume of them, but as the vegan economy expands, they will become cheaper. Why do I have to walk through the simplest concepts with meat eaters all the time?

If someone told you you were about to die, and you were in fact about to die, would you criticize them for using "fear tactics". Your life must be very confusing.

But don't you see, once we introduce strict vegan diets to the African tribes people, they'll pop out of squalor and become first world citizens in no time!

pastebin.com/RYmSEQUW

For starters...

Organic vegetables are grown using fertilisers that are literally shit.
Besides,animals that are used for agricultural purposes were selectively bred through artificial selection to have desired traits,they aren't tortured,they are made to be exploited.
This also applies to plants.

t.farmer

Give me proof that there is a noticeable difference in lifespan between someone who eats a balanced diet of meat and vegetables, and a vegan.

Protip: You can't, because there is none. Vegan-biased studies take extremes from the meat eating side to cover all meat eating people.

And the fact that you assume that eating meat guarantees that you'll die sooner is in itself a fear tactic. People have been living to 80, 90, even 100+ years on meat intensive diets, so clearly it's not the case that meat causes shorter life span.

And you're wrong about why vegan products are expensive. They're expensive because you people will pay that price for pamper-products. It has literally nothing to do with competition or availability, they just know that you're willing to pay more for a massaged ego.

>multiple things harming the planet
>if you care about anything other than the worst thing then you are just virtue signaling
Rock solid argument my man. Let's only focus on one problem at a time, right?

Someone with an agenda and money.
Can't wait for it to be over.

I'm also against overpopulation. I like to go to places with stupid people occasionally and encourage them to use contraceptives and explain the many health benefits of never having children and why they should feel proud for getting abortions.

And although I do have pretty decent genes and am a genius and would raise incredible children, I've decided if I ever have kids, they'll be adopted. I don't even know what virtue signaling means honestly and don't feel like googling. But I'm vegan for the animals mostly because how the fuck could you continue funding animal torture after you've seen it with your own eyes? How could you continue to see their flesh and secretions as food? You'd have to be a fucking monster or have an extremely low IQ.

Not an argument.

>all those .org sources
>all those misleading titles
>all of those small sample sizes or "needs more studying" studies

This is the crutch of the vegan diet: find even a SINGLE attempt, and act like it's a concrete foundation.

>asks for actual studies from vegans
>gives anecdotal evidence for why meat is good
What's wrong with your brain, my dude?

why would i go vegan when all the best athletes still eat meat

So this is what autism looks like.

>not an argument
I wasn't responding to a post containing an argument

>he cares about the killing of non sentient beings
>claims to have high IQ
More like high E.

>because how the fuck could you continue funding animal torture after you've seen it with your own eyes?
because im allergic to beans and whole grains

>ask for proof
>get none
>attack your other points in the same post
>"anecdotal evidence"

The fuck kind of brain damage did you get from all of those pesticides and heavy metals?

oh man, I remember when one of you shills said "in 40 to 50 days we will take over the board becuz we rule", We are almost a month in and you still havent even established a basic foothold, as a matter of fact. I think that the mods are removing some of your threads.

why dont you partake in a REAL diet?

>t.lying shill

Fixed that for you. I know most Veeky Forums people are pretty dumb but did you really think they'd fall for your claim that animals aren't tortured when even in certified humane farms they grind chicks up alive and mutilate their bodies so they're able to live in extremely cramped conditions? And breeding them through artificial selection to have desired traits isn't a fucking good thing, it means more suffering for cows and hens bred to overproduce or gain weight til their bones break underneath them. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. I hope you kill yourself you shameless fucking liar.

t.someone who worked with "humane" farmers who claimed the same kind of shit you did so they would sell more "product", then would laugh about how they abuse animals as if it makes them tough.

>calls someone a liar because their point goes against your narrative

Sounds like a vegan alright.

Why do you use that computer that was made with animal products?

An animal wasn't tortured for the materials. It's oil and metallic based, meat eating scumbag.

The .org sources are written by people with PhDs and list multiple studies within them, which is easier than linking the studies individually. And the titles aren't misleading at all because I've read every single thing listed there, which you obviously haven't because you think you can get away with lying and no one will call you out on it.

>An animal wasn't tortured for the materials
The copper that's in it was made with bone glue, so you're wrong.

There are no vegans on the internet.

>blatantly ignoring the damage transportation and agriculture do

You don't actually have to eat beans or whole grains but my sympathies to you because those are my favorite vegan foods. But you could definitely still be vegan. Raw vegans don't eat any of those and they still manage to have a varied and healthy diet.

My dude, saying that people have been living 80-100+ years on meat intensive diets is not anecdotal evidence, that's not even a logical leap, it's just categorically true.

Aren't you just loading up on carbs? Where do you get proteins and fats to keep you lean and full?

I'm new to the vegan stuff

From the gutter, same place they get their virtues and arguments

Proteins: Beans, grains, nuts, seeds, green leafy vegetables, etc. Literally everything has protein, but those have a higher percentage per calorie and there's a wide variety of things you can do with those ingredients. Basically if you're eating enough calories, you're eating enough protein. On cronometer I'm absolutely never deficient in protein and I don't even pay attention to it.

>blatantly ignoring that animals eat so all that damage is much more extensive when you're farming animals

Just eat locally sourced meat then

Animals generally eat the local refuse that didn't make it into products. I used to work in a kitchen and we'd always send the waste to local farms as animal feed. It's actually a lot more efficient and a lot less harmful than your importation of fancy greens.

When you smell shit there is shit in your mouth

That's not any better lol. Also still fucking disgusting, and they still abuse animals. Oh and kill them for literally no reason.

Grass fed, local meat isn't any better for the environment:
iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1748-9326/10/8/085002/meta

Also Farmer John's is fucking "local". "Local" means fuck all.

>i just eat vegetables, fruit and pin multiple needles into my arse every day

great role model

Dear god you're a moron who has done absolutely no research on this subject. Fuck people like you who spread this misinformation. Most of their food could be eaten by humans, but we feed it to livestock instead. They eat very little roughage.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23798521
news.cornell.edu/stories/1997/08/us-could-feed-800-million-people-grain-livestock-eat

>He doesn't raise his own livestock
also
>Kill them for literally no reason
I presume they kill them to eat them lmao

>That's not any better lol
Of course it's better than having them shipped from who knows where.
>Also still fucking disgusting, and they still abuse animals. Oh and kill them for literally no reason.
The reason is to satisfy a demand created by the customer (me).

>Also Farmer John's is fucking "local". "Local" means fuck all.
It means me going down to a farm in my area and buying the meat there, which I'm doing, which is guaranteed more economically friendly than having to fly bananas and avocados halfway across the planet.

So if I kill you to eat you even though I could easily eat something else that tasted better and was better for me, you'd say I'd have reason to kill you?

Wonder how well that would hold up in court.

>Most of their food could be eaten by humans
I'm not a ruminant. Are you?

>using poo is like really bad because it's all icky and smelly!!

ermm hate to break it to ya kiddo en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manure

The point was, it's still ridiculously fucking bad for the environment, and no vegan food can compare to that level of environmental destruction.

I swear it's like trying to teach a toddler about calculus.

(((environment)))

I thought the meme that vegans were retarded was a joke.
>Killing and consuming a human is the same as killing and consuming livestock
Am I being memed on?

>animals are pepo 2 HURRRRRRRRRR
you people are retarded

>it's still ridiculously fucking bad for the environment, and no vegan food can compare to that level of environmental destruction.
So you're saying that bananas and avocados flown halfway across the planet destroys the environment less than me getting some meat from the farmer down the road?

>Didn't read the links
>Doesn't know what roughage means
>Doesn't realize how badly they're embarrassing themselves

Why did you even bother?

Does any of the links say we're ruminants that can digest grass? Because that's all the cows I eat are getting besides some salt lick.

Yep.

>I can wash the shit particles absorbed by the plant that's necessary for it to grow away
Lmfao

Most cows aren't grass fed and obviously I'm talking about most cows you fucking retard. And the ones who are eating grass are still causing as much environmental destruction or more than the ones who aren't anyway so your attempt at making a point is just sad.

newatlas.com/shipping-pollution/11526/
>research showing that in one year, a single large container ship can emit cancer and asthma-causing pollutants equivalent to that of 50 million cars.

>The ones who eat grass cause as much or more environmental destruction
Sauce me up senpai.

Do you realize how much pollution your cattle cause in one year? Please.

*On a serious note though that's really bad and I do shop at the farmer's market but I'm just pointing out how futile your arguments against vegans are. Even when you compare the worst of vegan food against the best of animal based food, you fail.

Did you know that the cows actually prevent more environmental damage Can you imagine what kind of impact 2 billion more niggers would have on this planet? What their carbon, but also mineral use footprint could be?

Thanks to the cows, instead of one woman having 20 children, they can only get 7, and most of them also starve. I call that an improvement.

Not to mention all the fossile fuels used to transport the grains to niggerafrica. jesus thats just environmental murdewr!

See:
>iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1748-9326/10/8/085002/meta

Why should I(!) care about something that has literally nothing to do with me then, user?

But bro, don't you know all that body of research is cherry-picked?

>It is concluded that certain forms of pastured beef production have substantially lower climate impact than feedlot systems. However, pastured systems that require significant synthetic fertilization, inputs from supplemental feed, or deforestation to create pasture, have substantially greater climate impact at all time scales.
Here's my qualms so far, I grew up in the middle of bumfuck ranchland and the glaring problems I see are:
1. In the actual essay in the point about significant synthetic fertilization they readily admit that pastured beef ranchers prefer manure to synthetics. This is not surprising as synthetic fertilizers aren't fucken cheap, and manure is essentially free. 1 point for grass-fed
2. Their point about pastures requiring supplemental feed is null in this instance. I'm arguing that grass-fed is better than feedlot style, not 50% grass-fed, not 60%, not even 99%, 100% grass-fed. Supplemental feeding will prevent a rancher from earning a 100% grass-fed cert. which people value, if not for environmental impact, then for the taste.
3. Deforestation is something that needs to be taken up with the South Americans, in the US most pastured ranchland is built where trees have never naturally grown. If you don't buy US beef you're a faggot and I can actually agree with you that it's not worth the environmental impact.
At the end of the day I don't give a shit if people are vegan or not, typically it seems like a virtue signal, but there are a ton of misconceptions about ranching that are written about by scientists and researchers that have never stepped foot on one.

Deforestation is primarily caused by a) crops that go to feed livestock and b) feedlots (where the livestock live).

You might not cause deforestation by buying 100% grass fed beef, but that's still just a fraction of the issues. And most people do not buy 100% grass fed beef and definitely not all the time. It wouldn't even be realistic for them to, because we don't have enough land to feed the population on grass fed cattle anyway, so this discussion has ultimately been pointless honestly.

>This discussion has been ultimately pointless
That's usually the case with these threads haha
>You might not cause deforestation by buying grassfed
Cool, I'm going to keep enjoying it then, if grassfed no longer becomes available or becomes too expensive I simply won't eat it. There's not too much to my stance on it. I don't care for feedlot style ranching and I'll simply switch to another animal protein source if I'm forced to.

I don't eat much meat but when I do I pig out (no pun).

Wtf I guess I'm a carnivore now :D

in europe, we actually have more forests than a 100 years ago, because of more intense agriculture in areas which are more fertile.

Can't wait for vegans to go mainstream so I have less people to compete with in aesthetics & strength.

lol yeah good luck with that.

Are there any natty vegans who look good?