QTDDTOT

Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread - Thread

I'm currently doing a program similar to SS, I'm going to switch to 531 some time in mid to late september.
For 531, I need to know my 1RM, so I need to test that before then.
How do I best prepare for that?
Do I just keep doing 3x5 until the week I test?
Or should I rather do some triples/doubles/singles for a few weeks to get used to the heavier loads/lower reps?
Maybe a light week before testing to recover?

Other urls found in this thread:

exrx.net/Calculators/OneRepMax.html
youtu.be/JFZWM-_JNhQ?t=360
youtube.com/watch?v=SrpbWWKWKIU
gymgrossisten.com/off-the-hook-525-g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm wondering if I should start 5x5 because I've been on a brosplit for a year now. What I don't like about 5x5 is the fact that the program doesn't isolate bis, tris, calves, etc. I'll miss the preacher curls and the tricep pushdowns... What do you think? Will I be able to develop these muscles on 5x5?

exrx.net/Calculators/OneRepMax.html

I know I can calculate my theoretical 1RM, but that's not what I want.

if you plan on doing 531 for a year, your 1rm doesn't have to be exact. 531 is all about auto-regulation

ever heard of gslp btw? it's also for intermediate

I'd add 2x10-12 curls on deadlift days and 2x10-12 pushdowns on fridays if I wanted to do sl

Hm. I guess. I think I'll still do some 5x3 or 3x3 for a few weeks, lower rep-maxes=higher accuracy.
>531
>auto-regulation
not really. The progression doesn't change, no matter how I perform.

>The progression doesn't change, no matter how I perform.
yes it does

I plan on training legs with cycling on a single speed bike, gonna master hills and then progressively add weights into a rucksack, how much distance should I be doing? Should I just find a big ass hill and go up it a couple times? I wanna try to replicate 5x5 squats. Or is this idea completely retarded? The gyms around me are complete shit (south east london)

You´ll get big leags, yeah, but if you want stong legs then you should be doing your squats

>leags
legs* obviously

It's been a while since I read the books, but I can't remember anything about auto-regulation.
I know AMRAPs are a good tool for that, but in 531 they're just used to measure progress, not to regulate it.
I guess you could say the PR sets themselves and the Joker sets from Beyond are "auto-regulation" as you do as much as you can that day, but they don't change they way the progression works.
The Training Max increases by 5/10 pounds every cycle, that's it.

Will strength not come with big legs?
I plan on doing weighted dips and pull ups for upper body aswell, wanna start rock climbing too

and you're gonna deload every X months 10%
and X depends on the exercise, your motivation, lifestyle, strength level,...

Not necessarily
youtu.be/JFZWM-_JNhQ?t=360
Strength and size don't necessarily corelate

Jump to 6:00 or so BTW

so what exactly causes you to lose muscle? i just canceled my PT, but im still going to go to the gym.
I just dont remember all the exercises, weight numbers and machines he usually makes me do, if i keep working out and use lower weights/miss a few workouts on my own am i going to lose all my gains?

"deload when you stall" is auto-regulation now?

Also, the latest progression system is "5 forward/3 back", increasing TM for 5 cycles, then reducing it back to where it was 3 cycles earlier.
(eg. 100>110>120>130>140>150>120>130>140>150>160>170>140 etc)

read the sticky and cry about the money you wasted on a PT

I've been thinking about adding some heavy bag boxing on cardio days. Would this over-train my arms and not give them enough time to recover if I do them in between days of lifting?

How do you all cook your eggs?

scrambled
>heat pan
>add oil/butter
>set to medium heat
>crack eggs into pan
>scramble
>add salt&pepper
>cook until yolk still slightly liquid
>serve

hard-boiled
>poke hole into bottom
>put in warm water
>bring to boil
>set timer for 12 minutes
>set to medium-low heat
>turn off stove after time's up
>let them sit for random period of time
>rinse off with cold water
>mark with "H" for hard-boiled
>put in fridge
>eat whenever

fried
>heat pan
>add oil/butter
>set to medium heat
>crack egg into pan
>add salt&pepper
>cook until yolk still slightly liquid
>serve

rarely do soft-boiled, basically same as hard-boiled just for less time. Would have to look up for how long.

No, and it wasn't a waste it got me going to the gym.

I'm 5'6 154lbs

Should I be cutting or bulking? I was planning to do keto for cut but if I need to bulk I will need to figure out a better diet for a bulk

What can I do to stop my knee from bothering me?

My left knee doesnt hurt but its still a feeling that bothers me and I dont have the same feeling in my right knee.
Even when im walking I can sometimes feel it. I also feel it when squatting, deadlifting and even when standing up from a bench to rerack dumbbells.

Are there some exercises I can do to strengthen my knee?

Depends on how fat/weak you are.
If you're fat, cut.
If you're weak, bulk.
If you're both, don't worry too much about the bulking vs. cutting question and just lift.

Are you new to lifting? If so, just stay at maintanance calories

See a doctor or physical therapist. If you want to train legs still then exercises like Bulgarian split squats and reverse lunges might help, since the ankle of your knee doesn't go below 90 degrees

This might be a very far fetch, but can any user be kindly enough to share the actual GSLP book?

Thank you.

What's a good way to train to a muscle up? I can currently do about 8 pull ups and 10 chin ups.

Am I still too weak to even bother progressing towards a muscle up?

Practice doing muscle ups

Where is a good place to start if I want to look into TRT?

Why is everyone her so fucking dumb. Why is every skinny kid here doing SS to build muscle. Why do you guys ask so many questions. Just fucking lift.

Yes I am new to lifting and wasn't sure what would be necessary
I feel fat but look like I might to bulk. Kinda new to this

ok fuck you, i checked all the sticky links, i see it says you need to maintain a lifting routine, and eat sufficient protein and all that bullshit, but nothing about lower weights potentially making you weaker, it doesnt touch on that at all.
So does lifting lower weights then usual still make you lose muscle?
You stupid faggots need to get that dick out of your ass and actually start answering questions, doubt you even knew anything was in there at all.

If you're new then not much is necessary aside from just lifting a eathing somewhat healthy. I'd suggest you find out your TDEE and eat accordingly based on your maintanance calorie needs

no. lifting lighter weights doesn't make you lose muscle. If it's low enough below your threshhold your muscle will start to go away simply due to not being used enough.

Thank you.

Just eat like you normally would. Well, unless your diet is just fast food and soda.
But as a novice, your body is going to change a lot pretty fast, you'll build muscle and lose fat no matter how you eat, worrying about bulk/cut is just another factor that would complicate things.

No, lower weights don't make you lose muscle. You lose muscle when you lose weight.
You'd have to lift very very very little weight for very very very few reps to be doing "not enough" to maintain your muscle.

How to stop myself from going below parallel with lowbar squats?
Is upper back rounding ok with heavy DLs?

Go slower
Not excessive rounding no

Would boxing (punching a bag) for 10 minutes after my workout benefit me at all cardio wise?

How to when I cant even do one

My tdee comes to 2056 for maintenance and 1556 for loss

Should I count calories in the coffee I drink

Should I get a multivitamin? Will it possibly help my recovery or make sure that I'm not deficient in anything? Or are they a meme?

Why does my gooch hurt when I get a boner?

>500 deficit for loss
That's too much unless you're a real fatass.
Maintenance is fine for now. Start lifting and come back in a few months and reassess your situation then.

If you drink coffee that has calories, you should rethink your life decisions. Drink black coffee, no milk no sugar and you can safely ignore it. If you absolutely need to have your starbucks vanilla cinnamon cream latte, yeah, you should count those calories.

Unless you eat no fruits and vegetables at all, they're not really worth it.

>500 too much
Okay. I just figured since I'm not as active besides work I would need that deficit.

If I'm doing intermittent fasting and I take Casein right at the end of my consumption period, should I add on more hours of fasting?

I read that it takes longer to digest so I'm wondering if it will eat into my fasting time long after I consume it.

Nope, a deficit should be small, no matter your activity.
The more active you are, the more you can eat while still keeping the same deficit.

Dips fuck up my right shoulder. OHP doesn't . Bench doesn't. Just fucking dips man. Left shoulder is fine. I've not touched any shoulder intensive lifts for about two weeks.
First, dip form advice?
Second, should I stop doing any excersises with my arms altogether?

I'm a fatty who finally wants to lose weight.

Can I get a good body using a rowing machine exclusively? No lifting. Only diet and rowing.

My definition of a good body: Slim but not skinny fat. So firm and slim. I don't expect to be shredded just with rowing.

Should I put chocolate protein powder into my cocoa puffs milk?

My legs comprise like 65% of my length. Should I be aiming to get thicc legs, or keep them relatively small in order to get some symmetry?
Also there was a trip who also had longer legs than his torso and he looked great. Does anyone remember his name/have pictures?

>Can I get a good body using a rowing machine exclusively?
no.

sore in lower back after low bar squats, poor form or is it normal

So i'll end up skinny fat?
Did u see my definition of a 'good' body?

no need for dips

Anyone on here have a cat? I think I want a cat

I'm 18 and doing a lean bulk atm.

I've eaten 2700 calories already and 19:30 here and I'm hungry.

Would it be bad to eat 3k cals?

I'm 76kg and a former fatty.

Do I just have super fast metabolism or what?

Is it possible to get rid of or fade stretch marks? If so, how?

I guess 1700 or 1800 would be better than 1500 aside from maintenance I guess?

There are some creams meant for scars in the pharmacy, those are used for stretch marks as well. Most of them might have a mention of preggo wimyn as they have the problem every time.

yes.

Mine's 19 yo and shes great. I love cats. Only get one if youre a good person.

5'2 male, 152 lb down from 167, goal weight is around 120. my tdee is around 1900 and i'm eating about 1400 a day.

will lifting weights while i'm losing weight benefit me? will i get any gains while eating at this deficit?

My girlfriend in college had 2 cats and I loved them. Female cats are good with dudes, right? I just want a friend desu, all my people friends suck ass.

Alright I appreciate it man. I've been doing the 1500 for awhile and it's been working but I noticed I would have eating binges on occasions

Yekwjt

i did. Using one machine is going to help one part of your body. You will end up skinny fat.

Besides, why not lift? You have 0 reason not to.

Is cutting required a 500 Cal deficit?

cutting is literally just less calories than you eat. You shouldn't go above an 1000 deficit if you're a fatty, should be under 750 if you're not fat.

Cause I was at 1400 to 1500 but I figured that it might be way too much since I'm not a fatty just skinny fat

Finally got on a routine and not giving up after a couple of days. Downloaded myfitnesspal to track my eating. Is it really that important to get enough shit like potassium etc.

Unless your diet is extremely simplistic like only eating potatoes you're probably gonna get enough variety of micronutrients that you can ignore them, especially if you're nowhere near advanced/elite level.

Only really worth bothering with if you're suffering from a deficiency

you can get a skinny body just eating less, you cant get a good body only doing rowing, youd have good shoulders that make the rest of your body look like shit.

A 1000+ deficit will put you in Survival Mode, which will make your body retain as much fat as possible. You're basically starving at this point, which will be bad for your health and will go against the purpose of losing fat tissue.

Im eating some boiled eggs, cereal with a banana in the morning then a salad of random veggies in the afternoon, snacking on raisins and peanuts throughout the day, 1 yoghurt protein drink and a protein bar and in the evening chicken with rice

>day shift
>have to go up at 4am, go to bed at 7/8
>even with blinds my sleep quality is shit for some reason
>wake up repeatedly through the night, roll around way too much
>feel like shit and the sleep affects my workouts

>night shift
>have to lift before work
>walking around all day doing mild physical work after lifting fucks with my recovery
>feel sore as shit all week
>my workouts and recovery suffer

>only once get to eat during 8h shift

I fucking hate working. Every summer has been like this since I started lifting. I can't make any progress when I've got a job because I can't sleep the way I want, can't relax after workouts when I want, can't fucking eat when I want. How the shit am I supposed to make gains after graduating if I'm struggling this much now?

How do you guys do it?

can confirm 21 M here, ate 800 cals a day and lost 90 pounds in 6 months (245 to 155). it didnt slow my weight loss but i got a dick ton of loose skin and i wasnt even THAT fat. a good bit under 12% bodyfat and no sign of abs because of it.

I started working out again and got some pretty bad doms on my triceps. It's chest/tris day again and i can't even do a pushup even though i dont have the doms as bad i just feel weak as fuck.

If I have as much time in the world as a beginner would a 6 day PPL be better than a 3 day Full Body (i.e. most 'beginner' programs) to build muscle/size faster?

Also I'm skinnyfat 145lbs @ 5'6. Should I maintain until the fat is gone or should I bulk/cut?

Is it a good idea to go running on rest days?

I've heard that light running / walking on rest days will improve recovery because it increases blood flow throughout the body without exerting it.

You should definitely read up on this and not take my advice by itself. I think it's called 'Active Recovery'.

Am I supposed to add the barbell weight to my numbers?

Yes. The barbell generally weighs 20kg/45lbs. So if you put a 20kg plate on each side you're lifting 60kg.

Are there any exercises that help 'refresh' the mental connection with the muscles used for keeping your chest up in squats? Similar to youtube.com/watch?v=SrpbWWKWKIU for lat activation in DL? Collapsing my chest/thoracic spine has been a postural habit my whole life and I have a hard time mentally singling out the actual physical action for keeping your chest up when I'm at the bottom of the squat. I had no idea I was collapsing so much until I filmed myself after losing balance forward a couple times

>I fucking hate working.
>How do you guys do it?

By not having a vagina.

Same here, I'm eating at 17X my weight in pounds as calories and compensating for any extra cardio, but I still feel like I'm starving throughout the day.
Is this a sign I need to eat more or should I fight it?

gymgrossisten.com/off-the-hook-525-g
Does this look like a good PWO based on its contents? (The contents are listed on INNEHÅLL)

trainig traps 3x a week, shrugs and perhaps facepull, ay or nay?

Do I still need to take Creatine if it's in my pre-workout? 3g of creatine gluconate

Where do you guys get your drinking water from? I've been using big gallons for years.

I have no idea user

I've been autistically tracking macros for 11 months now, I'm a skele still at 6' and 150.5lbs the last time I weighed myself(which was last monday) should I stop tracking macros completely, guesstimate, continue tracking or try out not tracking for a week and see?

I've always been drinking tap water

Does working obliques actually help with hourglass shape? Im 5'10 190 lbs so I know it's mostly due to fat on my hips at this point, but I want to do my best at losing this look when I drop 20 lbs or so

Is there a way to tell if you would have abs after a cut? May seem like a dumb question

get a better job. Not even being sarcastic, I was the same way. I'm assuming you are at a grocery or some sort of department store? Those are dead-end minimum wage jobs and you're going to be doing the exact same shit 10 years from now without a raise. get the fuck out of there, go to a profession you're good at.

So I picked up some grenade thermo detonators on Amazon. I heard somethings about them etc.

But silly question how do you take it?
Like swallow the capsule or open it and eat it?