/cut/

Who here /cut/ting? Fatties need not apply.

>1- How much are you cutting at?
>2- What are some of your go-to foods?
>3- How do you deal with hunger?
>4- Do you feel like you are mentally or physically exhausted?
>5- How different is your routine while cutting?

1- 1800
2- Chicken breast and lettuce salad
3- I used to just embrace it but I feel like that's not very sustainable, so nowadays I just eat some cucumbers and shit
4- I feel like I have less motivation, but outside of the exhaustion of training my general energy isn't that different
5- I do less reps with higher intensity

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BhLIsFFsPAA
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>1500
>Bagel with cream cheese or 3 eggs with garlic salt
>Water, EC stack, cofffee, will power
>No, see above with water, EC stack and coffee
>Lighter weight and more accessories

Only a handful (hopefully) more pounds until abs. Just have a small accumulation of stomach fat to get rid of. I'm hyped.

>not just eating protein maintenance (like 720Cal.) and flaxseed oil (milk or whatever for taste)

Usually pork or chicken for the fat
Pretty well. The fats keep me from overindulging
Not really. I do notice slight decrease in physical activity
I do more cardio exercise to get a more lean

1. Supposed to be 1800, but I usually finish up my day around 15-1600 (maximum loss boiz)
2. Fucking chicken breast, cauliflower rice, and shirataki noodz
3. I used to smoke, which helped a lot with hunger. But this time around I'm smoke free so I just chug water or coffee.
4. Both mentally and physically exhausted
5. Still a nub running GSLP 3x5 + accessories

I didn't know that eating shit helps controlling hunger.

Your mom did it all throughout your pregnancy.

doesn't look good this month. blue is the "should" line. probably cut on the creatine to make the weight at the end of the month

1500 kcal
Salmon, pan seared with a few drops of sesame oil and a bit of sea salt.
Scrambled chicken and egg - basically scramble lean chicken mince and egg white in a pan with some spices - great with some hot sauce and rice.
Bulletproof or protein powder coffee in the morning, eat a big lunch, eat a big dinner.
No, provided I eat a lot of meat.
If I get bread in me I end up feeling hungry and weak.
Gym 7 days a week.
Alternating Volume and Hypertrophy days, doing PPL.

Well, I've never been pregnant, so no.

Nice reading comprehension.

>1- 2000 (-1500k deficit, only just started, will probably increase when bf% reduces to avoid losing muscle)
>2- chicken/tomato/whey
>3- Previous cut I didn't have hunger issues for the first 5 weeks, after that it generally came in the form of craving carb rich food (normally baked goods). I was able to shuffle my calories/protein targets about to hit them whilst eating about 800 calories of donuts a day.
>4- Only just started this cut (spent last week stepping calories down, today is first day at 2000), I'm already noticing alot more fatigue in the gym. For my evening gym sessions, I think I really need to keep my carb timing on point so I get 500+ cals of carbs hr or so before gym.
>5- I've just switched from a high volume program (5/3/1 BBS) to a similarly high volume program (Hepburn A), so I'm working at a slight deload. Previous cut I began straight after christmas where i'd not been gyming much, so I continued same program (5/3/1 SS) at a deload, significantly less volume in that program and whilst I noticed fatigue it generally wasn't this bad. My TDEE hasn't changed significantly since last cut (if anything it's dropped), so I don't think calories is an issue.

This time starting BW is 88kg, hoping to get down to 76kg, I might have a level of visible abs at this point.

Previous cut I spent slightly under 3 months and dropped from 92kg->80kg, could see vague traces of abs at 80kg when tensed.

Attached image, left to right; 12 months 92kg, 15 months 80kg, 19 months, 88kg.

Personally think final image is the awkward state between fat enough to look big, or lean enough to look defined.

>1600
>Tuna burgers. With either an egg and some oats depending on what my macros. I'm struggling to hit my protein though so I think I either need to meal prep or go with whey. Whichever works out to be easier.
>Water, coffee and trail mix that I weighed
>After a workout my muscles feel like shit. Depleted and weak.
>I'm a newb so it's the same. Just changing my rep range

I'm planning on doing a 1 month cut, what is the biggest deficit I can have without losing muscle given that my protons are on point?

Also, why do you people cut on less than 2000 kcals? My maintaining calories are about 3000 and I'm not even big.

1. 1700kcals
2. 500g chicken breast and 1kg of veggies daily
3. do cardio and eat as much as I've burnt
4. both
5. 4x per week push pull with less volume instead of 6x per week push pull with more volume

aiming to reveal the lower abs a bit more for dat dere 8pack of peace and prosperity

The calorific deficit you can sustain without losing muscle depends on your bf%.

Higher bf% percentage means body is able to convert more adipose tissue into energy.

During my previous cut I was enjoying it a bit too much, and did a week at 1.5k from 2k, I lost strength for that stupidity.

If you have 40 mins to kill, watch this from 17:33 onwards
youtube.com/watch?v=BhLIsFFsPAA

1. 2000-2200, PCF macros at 40-35-25
2. 0% fat greek yogurt, spinach, broccoli
3. once my daily routine adjusted the hunger went away
4. I cycle to work and struggle on hills now, mostly i take it easy though
5. I started to cut because of a back injury, I can't really lift so no point eating big

1. 2200 (little more than 1lb a week)
2. Soybeans
3. I don't have time to deal with hunger, I'm a busy guy.
4. No, but if I don't eat on schedule I get hangry and unpleasant like a toddler.
5. I just started this again after not going to the gym for a while so I don't know how different it is. It's all new again.

I'm and my maintenance is also around 2700 or 2800 but your NEAT decreases significantly during a cut and your overall maintenance is much lower then. my new maintenance during a cut is around 2300 and I dont lose any muscles at 1700kcals because I'm only at a ~600kcal deficit

>NEAT decreases significantly

If you watch the podcast I linked, that's why they discuss in terms of percentage bodyweight that can be dropped per week before losing muscle, rather than calorific deficit.

Changes in NEAT vary massively between people, so that's something you'd need to judge personally.

Cutting from 116 kg down to 87-89 depends on what it looks like when I get there.
Currently 92.4kg
Dawn
>oats Greek yogurt and blue berries
300cal
Morning tea
>sardines and tabbouleh
250 cals
Lunch
>egg white omelette with veg
100 cal
Afternoon tea
>lamb an barely soup
300cals
Dinner
>lean seafood like prawns or lamb mixed with salad
No more the 400 cals max
>Coffee 75cals
Total 1425 cals
On a hard training I may spend my allowance on a protein shake

And "social allowance" boss buys me a coffee or a beer of 350 cals

6f4 started at 230lbs, now at 220lbs ~ 18%bf after 8 weeks.
>1- 3000 cals, I lift 6 times a week and have intense cardio 2-3 times a week and at my current rate of loss I worked out my TDEE to be about 3700 - 4000 cals
>2- Eggs, chicken & nuts are the basis of most meals. Rice and bran flakes on days where I have football. Greek yoghurt w/ berries & whey every night, amount varies so that I hit my daily macros but its usually 250g yoghurt, 200g berries w/ 40g whey.
>3- Drink water. Drink diet soda if sweet cravings. Think about how Im gonna be shredded.
>4- Physically on occasion. Mentally depends on a lot of other factors in my life. Right now its difficult but on the whole I'm quite mentally strong.
>5- Lower reps, higher weight to maintain strength.

>1700kcals
>quark
>working, coffee and tea. eat 3x week and sometimes it's 8h since I have my last meal when I come home late night which is when I feel hungrier
>physically yeah, shredding that last stubborn fat
>sameshit

>fasted all day and ate cheat meal on friday like usual
>Saturday, Wasn't hungry. Only ate around 800 overestimated cals.
>Just woke up and already ate 450 cals of chips so I could finish the bag off I'd been eating during the week
>Now mildly freaking out because only 1k cals for the rest of the day even if I can hit that easy
My fucking lower stomach has been bloated for a while too, I was 185.4 on tuesday, 186.6 on thurs and 186 today. I just wish this bloat would go away, Been drinking too much diet soda I think but I need to hit 184 or 183 soon for morale

>1800
>Turkey bacon, egg whites, chicken breast
>Usually just ignore it, sometimes eat cucumbers like OP
>Yes, but I feel better in general since I'm sub 20% bf now
>More volume

>1500
>rice and beans, toast with PB
>Im doing IF so I only eat two large-ish meals a day
>First couple weeks were tough but skipping breakfast and drinking coffee/water makes it easy now
>Don't have gym access for a couple months so I switched over to a bodyweight/rings routine

Started last week but before a vacation, yeah I probably should have waited but I needed to do my first real cut ever eventually so I can keep training and not feel like shit.

2000ish is my goal but I can't be precise right now because I'm on vacation

I've been eating out but trying to get as much protein as possible

I've been trying to do intermittent fasting so most of the hunger isn't bad because it's done mostly through sleep.

I can't get enough sleep right now, doing a lot more cardio but not super wrecked I have worked well. Have yet to return to work and see how I work without food.

Still strength training, I was having a hard time gaining this summer so I decided to commit to losing since I wasn't able to get enough food and running made this worse.

What do you consider a cheat meal? Is it something I should do weekly or try to go hardcore and not do one?

Week to into keto and i caved yesterday
Ate some really tasty popcorn after i got stoned with the lads. About 220 grams pf carbs

Im sorry guys

>how much are you cutting?
Standard 500 kcal deficit, leaning out after a bulk. Losing 10~ lbs
>go to foods
Beef jerky and intermittent fasting
>how do you deal with hunger
Hunger= progress
>do you feel exhausted
Physically yes, but thats mostly from work. Dont have as much energy but its whatever
>how different is youre routine
Not very. Still do ppl but use dumbbells more and lift a bit lighter

> Keeping myself at under 1800 calories per day
> chicken, baked potato, green vegetable, kielbasa, hummus
> potatoes. The fiber helps a ton.

thanks man, good vid

Less sodium, brodium

I'm a former fat kid on the last 10-15 pounds of his cut,It's definitely different if you're watching macros.
My "cheat meal" is just because my family eats out every friday, orders pizza or chinese food.
I just fast all day and only eat that 1 meal.
I can't give you any first hand advice, sorry

1,100 calories. Short gril so that's the way it is.

Tuna and salmon - they're great for protein and relatively low in calories. Sodium is a problem that I need to address, though.

Drink water or ignore it. If my stomach rumbles, tough shit. However, I haven't been hungry recently on this deficit - I've been getting really full.

Not really. I've been getting more headaches but they're usually helped with going outside etc.

Hasn't really changed as I haven't felt the need to.

>Short gril so that's the way it is.
What's your goal - petite or stronk?

Preferably petite. I'm not sure how petite I'd be able to go however because I'm not sure if I would have a frame that would allow it.

If you're short, you have to have narrow shoulders.
If you have large shoulder blades/large rib cage, you can still go for SkinnyThicc - building up your chest muscles and lower body whilst neglecting your obliques.

I've been looking for something like this for awhile. Thanks. TDEE is 1900 or so, but I haven't found a good resource on how aggressively to cut because going down to the recommended 500 is actually under my BMR which is something I don't want to do because then I have absolutely no energy.

how do you progress from a cut to a bulk? I'm basically ending my cut next month, if I don't fuck up aka ruin a week due to a day I'll be 10% bf

do I simply start adding calories slowly till I achieve maintenance and then, once again, add calories until I achieve the desired surplus?
help me out senpai

Well, I'm 5'2 and have a wrist measurement of 5.9 inches which says I have a small-medium frame.

Probably could go for either.

You got it made then.
Just keep it up.

Would advise checking your shoulder/waist/hip ratios, so you know which areas to focus on for muscle (petite don't mean shit if there's a straight line between your hips and shoulders).

Thanks for the help, user. Just checked wrist and elbow measurements that both say I have a small body frame. Should be easy enough.

Go to a doctor/nutritionist, try to peg your TDEE, the go from there - increase it at about 100kcal a day until you're gaining about half a pound to a pound a week.

1) 1800
2) tilapia with some rice and an entite bag of frozen broccoli
3) probiotics , i ferment my cabbage and make my own yogurt, and yes i know it sounds like a meme but apple cider vinegar. There is evidence behind it and its been working for me. For less than a dollar i suggest you guys try it. 2 tbsp 3 times a day.
4) towards the end of the day im dead as fuck. Im giving myself an extra half hour of sleep now since 8 hours didnt seem to be enough.
5) same routine just with fasted yohimbine cardio in the morning.

>tfw a 5'2 womanlet has the same wrists as you
A-at least my arms will look huge r-right guys?