23 April, 1014

>23 April, 1014

>23 April, 1014
Ború abú

>tfw your last military victory was over 1000 years ago

Anniversary of Crossbarry is coming up too.

>the 1990s

>mfw every time i pass clontarf

not seen this one before but i’m happy i have now
>prods fw i bomb belfast

Flying went the Ficheal Board as Mael Mórdha entered a rage
At the sons of the Boróimhe for the taunts which they spake
About deeds past of which they scarcely knew,
Mighty was the fury into which the King flew.

Back, back, back he rode, from the High King's Dún, Brían's messenger with peace offering had his skull clove in two. The sea between Laighean and the Lochlannaigh host Grew thick with their dragonboats fierce as Sitric Norse King of Dubh Linn summoned a great host.

With Gormfhlaith, Mórdha's sister, as the main bait, The Norsemen flocked from the Shetlands, Hebrides and Orkneys. The holy land of Mannanán, halfway across the sea, From Cornwall, Flanders and Normandy, they came for the melée.

Brían on hearing of invaders many gathered his clanns and headed east.
At Cluain Tarbh they did assemble and prepared for great slaughter.
Flying the banner of the raven black the Lochlannaigh host did attack; Victory prophecised on that day: Good Friday 1014.

Gael fought Viking fought Viking fought Gael as their weapons drank their fill, The tide was turning against Ború 'til Mael Seachlainn arrived with forces new. D'eitilt an Mórrigán trasna Cluain Tarbh, the warriors of Wodea turned and fled.
The Boróimhe forces led great slughter. Mannanán took their longships. The sea turned red.

Brodar came from Man seeking Brían's wife, Brodar fled the battle taking Brían's life. He fought a bloody fight at the edge of Tomar's wood, Cutting the High King down in his tent: Brían's Shieldgeld then slew Brodar too.

Many men went to Valhalla, still more to Donn's cave. Though the power of the Lochlannaigh was broken on that day. Did die the kings of Orkney, Hebrides and Man, So too did die Mael Mórdha, did the sons of Brían's clann. The Kingship of Ériu did revert to the King of old, Mael Seachlainn returned to Tara to reclaim its halls as his own.

>10 dead
It's like the Somme all over again

>Arthur Percival
The fact that the IRA didn't take 100,000 prisoners makes this an objective failure.

>3 dead
F

GOOD taste. Mael Mordha are a great band.

whose the artist?

Look at the filename nerd

i missed it

>10 dead
How will the Brits ever recover?

>the british army loses to spear wielding primitives yet again

top meme

what a dull island

*fabulous island

>gets beheaded posthumously because his cuck son couldn't stand up to based Charlie
Eire wins again

I curse the gods for being born a fat-faced, pasty-skinned mick

When did it all go so wrong?

I think everyone in the British Isles are subhuman savages especially the Irish, but GOD i detest those snotty, inbred, anglo heathens. Please make a nuclear fission car bomb you celtic shits.

Pic related is pretty cool and surprisingly accurate. I think it was a mod for Civ 3

lmao

average IQ of the UK is 100

1922 I think

lol?

I guess the pakis and pajeets are inflating the average. Pure blooded anglo = 80 IQ on average

>they even did a split with Primordial
how have I never heard of them before

They were second bananas to Primordial in the Irish metal scene for a while, their last album apparently actually did really well, but they had a big falling out with their singer, got a new one, had a falling out with him as well, and then formed a new band without him.

You must be 18 to post here

>shoes
>implying the Irish knew what they were until 1983

The Irish relationship with shoes is quite up and down

They appear to have been around in some capacity in the early early medieval period, went away for a few hundred years, came back for a bit, went away again, came back but only for the rich lads, and then finally came back for everyone in the 17th century, but then went away for a bit again during the 19th century

t. Jim "My mother is my sister" Bowles

>2. You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

Underage b&

Tits or gtfo!

The point is that thousands of British troops failed to contain a small handful of poorly armed rebels.

The point is that it would be a completely irrelevant battle to any real country.

Bit of an odd logic. The Irish War of Independence was a guerrilla war, and arguably one of the best fought ones of that era. A very important commander and vital part of the IRA-including his men-used guerilla tactics to fight off overwhelming numbers and escape the approaching reinforcements.
Little "irrelevant" things like that are what won them the war.

Well that's just not true. I'd say you were lying, because someone can't possibly be that retarded, but how could you knowingly lie to support your point and not feel like you've proven yourself wrong?

I mean besides everything else there was a civil war. You're implying that the Irish Civil War somehow ended without a military victory for either side.