Weight loss almost impossible

Been reading up on studies conducted on contestants from The Biggest Loser.
From what I understand, it's almost impossible to lose a lot of weight and keep it off unless you keep up the same diet and exercise routines forever. As soon as you begin to burn more calories than you take in, your body will slow your metabolism accordingly.

This mirrors what I've noticed in my own life. I've managed to lose 5-10 pounds, but it always comes back unless I keep my diet and exercise the same. I still exercise and eat healthier than I used to, but I have to use a workstation treadmill and eat celery all day to actually lose any more weight.

Should I just accept that I'm not going to fit into my size 32 jeans anymore and get rid of them?

Lift.

It's not about weight. Aesthetics is all about body composition.

Just lifting without dieting will help you, and when you see that you'll be more willing to do bulk/cut cycles.

You're lazy and bad at sticking to your goals.
Can't even lose more than 10lbs before you start making excuses? You are a failure.

It can be done, but it will be difficult. There are many schools of thought out there but the general rule is, most people have 0 clue what they are doing and will fail.

Weight gain is genetic. Any fit fag will scoff at the idea but it is. Not genetic in the sense of calories in and calories out but genetic with relation to how our bodies deal with stimulus it was never meant to deal with. We weren't supposed to live in a society with endless supply to food, we weren't meant to eat highly processed corn based foods. It completely fucks with your blood sugar and the release of certain hormones. These hormones regulate your appetite, your metabolism and other important functions in your body.

Some peoples bodies deal with it better than others, if you're not one of the lucky ones, you'll have to change your life style completely. Continue to diet, but avoid anything that will spike your blood sugar even if it is within your calories. You must continue to lift. That is your buffer, if you're eating a ton, keep lifting, and call it bulking.

L A Z Y
A
Z
Y

Don't worry Boogie. I'm sure you'll make it!

> develop bad habits
> bad habits cause undesirable consequences, among them getting fat
> adopt good habits, like improved nutrition and calorie counting, to improve yourself
> lose weight
> adopt bad habits again, get surprised when they take you exactly to the same place where they took you before

Yes, you have to keep good habits forever, otherwise you'll return to where you were.
As said, it gets easier if you're exercising, you get a larger margin of error. You can even pig out a few times and you wont get fat, assuming you were already in an acceptable body fat % to begin with and you're not overeating frequently.
As you become more disciplined with exercise it also becomes easier, you'll learn to enjoy it once you start seeing results. From that point on it's just an enjoyable ride towards the sunset.

Hahahaha you are like a little baby. I lost 130 pounds by myself. Wearing size 30 jeans haha fag

Its because the calories in and calories out model is bunk.

It's all about your insulin. If you want to lower weight then lower your insulin.

No sugars
Fewer eating periods
Extended fasting periods
Increased lean mass

I know that feel bro.

I'm a pack a day smoker, which I hear causes all sorts of problems. The one that bothers me now is my reduced stamina during cardio intensive activities.

I tried to quit, and noticed improvements to my blood pressure, heart rate, and my stamina. But as soon as I stopped quitting, all of those improvements went out the window.

I guess it just proves that quitting smoking doesn't actually benefit your health at all

I fucking hate this show. Even tho I enjoy the sight of sweating fatties, this show is so full of bullshit that it makes me cringe
>breakfast is the most important meal of the day
>eat small meals as often as you can
>subway is good for ya!
>oh it hurts? Maybe you're just lazy fuck
>fitness coaches are abusive assholes
this whole show cult mentality remind me of crossfit. I feel bad for any contestant in the history of this show. It gives weightloss a bad name

stop eating, OP

Food Conglomerates and Lantus HATE HIM! Find out why!

its a struggle but you gotta decide which side you on.

i got a sibling whos a fat cunt. they the same weight as me to start, 300+ pounds. i always have low self esteem cause i feel weak for being fat. eventually i stop making excuses and drop 80+ pounds. my sibling stupid fat cunt, keeps saying "i can't stop eating", "its our parents fault", "i need tasty food or i cant sleep", "healthy food isnt tasty".

i watch her get fatter and fatter. she got so fat she on the wait list for a gastric band, lol. and i know what will happen - she'll be a a bit happier for a year with her saggy skin, then she eat through the gastric band and pile it all back on plus interest, then be sad for the rest of her life, cause she deflect responsibility instead of accept harm to the ego.

tl;dr its doable but you gotta push with all your might, educate yourself about nutrition, exercise and your psychology

This, exactly. People seem to think "if I eat right and exercise, then I'll lose weight, and once I get there I can do whatever I want cause now I'm skinny!" Then they go right back to being fat fucks. Weight loss isn't a process with a concrete end. It's a lifestyle that needs to be constantly maintained.

>I've managed to lose 5-10 pounds, but it always comes back unless I keep my diet and exercise the same.
>Unless I change my lifestyle for the better, permanently, the results are only temporary - Diets are a myth!
Yes, you are this stupid.

Make a permanent lifestyle change, not a temporary one, and you will see permanent results.

>I've managed to lose 5-10 pounds, but it always comes back unless I keep my diet and exercise the same.
Yeah I have a similar issue. I always seem to have 5-10 dollars in my wallet but then I go and buy something. Suddenly I don't have the money in my wallet. It's weird and I don't understand. I wonder if you kept your diet and exercise, maybe you'd continue to lose the pounds.

Fewer eating periods
Extended fasting periods

should i do fasting as 185 cm 71 kg guy ? how often how long ?

Hey, you're right, diets don't work. If you want to lose weight and keep it off, you have to completely change the way you eat forever. No temporary diet will ever get you to the point where you can eat enormous portions of shitty, fatty foods and suffer no consequences. You eat like a fat fuck, you will be a fat fuck. You want to weigh less? Then you need to maintain the eating habits to do so. Only accept that you will never fit into your size 32 jeans again after you accept that eating poorly is more important to you.

Diets don't work for the same reason brushing teeth doesn't work - you have to keep doing it.

Most people think of 'diet' as something they do short term to get to a desired weight, then go back to their usual shit habits and wonder what happened.

I absolutely think EVERYONE should be integrating fasting into their daily routine. It's something that we've lost. In the 50's there was three eating opportunities per day. Today that's up to 6 or 7 and it's going up.

To what degree you fast and what you eat depends largely on your body composition.

If your 71kg is largely lean mass then making sure you get at least 12 hours of fasting and limit your food intake to no more than three meals a day then you're going to be just fine.

However if you want to take advantage of increased HGH, increased insulin sensitivity, and an increased metabolic threshold, then fasting for a longer period of time each day will give you a benefit in those domains.

If your 71kg is some stubborn pudge you want to get rid of then fasting for 20+ hours is a surefire way to melt that away while sparing lean muscle mass.

In short. As a population since the industrial revolution and the advent of refined sugar, we simply aren't giving our bodies enough time to process all the shit we're giving it.

Hell one of my coworkers I helped out went to a 16:8 schedule and she still eats like shit. She'll scarf down two pieces of birthday cake in the break room as long as it's in her feeding window. She eats shit I would never touch if you paid me. yet in a year she dropped 20 lbs and got taken off her blood pressure meds and statins.

/thread

Swim 3 hours per day and eat a whole foods plant based diet and you would be hard pressed not to lose weight. Stop making excuses, did you just expect it to be easy to lose a bunch of weight?
The problem with fatties is that they have short term motivation but don't have the discipline to see their goal through, they can diet and exercise for a little bit, and then they go back to eating and living when they were 400 lbs and wonder why they gained the weight back, you actually have to change your lifestyle long term if you want long term results.

i have 14 % body fat

Do you think me getting dizzy/wanting to puke a bit when working out has something to do with insulin ?

>14% body fat
You're at a good spot. a 16:8 would be a good balance

>dizzy/wanting to puke. Insulin?
I'm not aware of any link between insulin and dizziness and nausea. The only link I'm aware of is that insulin encourages the retention of sodium and water intracellularly. This is why diets have that initial water loss. Decreases in insulin cause your body to shed the water and sodium the insulin was holding in. Elimination of this results in a significant reduction of blood pressure.

I would check your blood pressure.

If you have a sluggish parasympathetic response between exertion and blood pressure you can experience bouts of dizzyness and nausea is a direct response to that.

Are you on any medications that might effect BP? Supplements? things like Melatonin can also negatively impact your BP response.

On account your response to working out I would caution against beginning a fasting regimen because it is directly related to a decrease in blood pressure which may exacerbate the problem if that's already the cause. Talk to your MD and get your BP checked and while you're at it, a panel.

I remember i had the same thing when i was a worthless dyel, what you probably have is a weak heart. Check your resting heart rate, i bet it's over 60.

Mine is 45 now and my muscles give out way sooner than my heart/lungs do. And i have a form of mediterennean anemia mind you.

thanks for advice
what did you do to strengten your hearth ?

As a rough guide it is right. If you eat 5000 calories of protein, most of it it's going to get converted.