Do i

do i

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TKQ-LQIxewM
youtu.be/2p2iu9SOChw
youtube.com/watch?v=rMlyo7EIMTo
youtu.be/OZNU6NKe5EY?t=1m24s
youtube.com/watch?v=YpNcnM0FkTM
people.com/bodies/playboy-model-katie-may-died-after-chiropractor-ruptured-an-artery-in-her-neck-coroner-says/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes

>THAT ARMBAR IS LOCKED IN TIIIGHT
>HES GONNA TAP! HES GONNA TAP!

Everyone should go to a chiropractor imo, they're like fucking wizards with making ya feel good and helping adjust posture/hip alignment.

Or you could do yoga and that would help as well.

Yes. High velocity percussion near your spine and neck are totally safe and can have zero negative consequences on your health. No one has ever been killed by a chiropractor. Big pharma is a liar.

They are completely within their rights to call themselves doctors.

I wouldn't trust a chiropractor to fix a fucking thing by bending my body awkwardly. I've known people that have been absolutely fucked up by chiro's. I'd rather talk to a physiotherapist if i have issues with joints or movements, or maybe an actual medical professional with equipment that can help (MRI's, X-ray, etc.)

Buy this instead

kek
Kek
KEK

literally and unironically pseudoscience and I'm not even using meme bro tier arguments
Chiropractor stuff started basically with a guy pretty much doing the whole Billy May's bit and trying to sell 'spinal subluxation will prevent your chakras from achieving their unity'
Biggest fucking scam out there that is actually widely used
It's embarassing that there is chiropractor 3 year schools when it should be a 4 week class, two of those weeks focusing on how to double dip into people's insurance without getting caught

Everyone needs a ring-dinger at least once.

youtube.com/watch?v=TKQ-LQIxewM

Adjustment @ 6:30

#sciencedtheshitoutofthis #ifuckinglovescience

I his ring dinger move. I think everyone should get that done once a year. Heavy squats compressed my spine I belive. But i have no pain or anything. Hes from houston tho I dont think many chiropractors do that kind of intense adjustment.

She's still kickin'

I'm a doctor and all I can say is lmao

>in med school
>one of the neurology attendings goes to my gym
>a real bro, lifts heavy
>tells me about all the vertebral artery dissections he's seen in his career caused by chiros
>now doing pediatrics residency
>soccer moms in my continuity clinic ask about taking their toddlers to the chiro to treat ear infections
>the kids don't even have ear infections, but chiros are itching to snap their necks anyhow

Chiropractic should literally be illegal.

"... and your insurance hasn't changed? Fantastic."
Lmfao

I'm It's honestly appalling that not only insurance companies cover chiroquacktic but shit like Medicaid does as well.
Taxpayer money goes for these fucking bro retards to ring up charges whatever they wish

Honestly want the lid to be blown off this industry so badly.
More health benefits in fucking hypnosis

what

He's sarcastic calling knuckle crackers out on their laughably pseudo bullshit that has literally no true peer reviewed science out that puts it over placebo
Only placebos don't leave people paraplegics sometimes

They lobby for it. They show legislators retarded stats about how they have "as much training as MDs and DOs". Meanwhile, these elected retards don't know anything about medicine, and fall for the meme. "This will be a cost effective way to treat disease!" Then you have retards in white coats that went to meme school trying to treat fucking bacterial meningitis with lawn clippings and neck cracking, all while getting paid for it.

White coat hasn't been the sign of a doctor on a long time, seeing as how often fuckin PAs and NPs and even LRNs and Nutritionists wear em.

The new doctor uniform is a comfy fleece with the logo of your residency school/hospital on the chest.

how about you learn to crack your spine in two without further assistance
>youtu.be/2p2iu9SOChw

Not to mention that all these old dipshits probably go see these quacks themselves too.
>mfw my boss and all these old people at work go see a quack during their lunch hour
>"well he's the only one who fixed it! Honest! (Yet I go back for recurring pain every month)
>"he's a good guy"
Well you just went into his building for 9 minutes and he charged you $80, I hope he's a nice guy
And these old boomers who don't leave their shitty office chair until lunch hour say getting some dudebro faggot to push on them is great, and they roll their eyes when I take my breaks and go walking or stretch

Chiropractor videos are my goto to trigger ASMR.

theres a chiropractor who trains at my BJJ school- fucking hate the guy
>just call me doc X
>i can get you realigned and improve your performance before the tourney
>you feel like crap after that workout? come by my office and i'll do blood work on you to test for dietary sensitivity and micro-parasites
>it sounds like you've got latent lyme disease to me, i can cure that right up
>rolled your ankle? I have a new laser therapy that increases cellular energy at the atomic level to stimulate healing
>kid with a hydrocephaly shunt got slammed in the gut where his shunt drains? he's fine, i can test for damage with neuromuscular feedback, you dont need to take him to a doctor

always go out of my way to point folks in the way of a professional if i hear him doing it. huge motivator to apply to medical school and be able to tell him to fuck off with authority

I can't wait to tell cops to get the fuck out of my ER when I get my MD

>mfw one of my childhood best friends had a brother quack that got kicked out of Minnesota for insurance fraud
>another quack who got kicked out of North Dakota came here
>these two literally LITERALLY swapped buildings

They're always selling.
They're 90% salesman, 10% buzzwords, 0% medical

>chiros leave people paraplegics sometimes
>chiros kill people
>>gym bro who's in med school has witnessed vertebral artery dissections in his "career" caused by chiros
nice may may

This place is all memes
Just keep in mind that everyone in the fitness world totally loves and appreciates all the work chiropractors do and how knowledgeable they are. I'd trust a chiropractor over surgeon or a skeletal doctor everyday
There's endless proof for the positives of chiropractic, just need to use unconventional sources is all

Went to a chiro one time. Tried to sign me onto a $6000 12 week program. I left the building.

I was in med school. He was an attending physician that did his neurology residency in Michigan. He's been practicing medicine for like 20 years. And yes, people do die from this. You don't even know what an attending is, faggot.

Similar thing which actually opened my eyes to how big of a con artist industry it all is.
Had a back pain.
He takes X rays of my back and then starts with the chiropractor buzzword "subluxation." Culminates the interview with the grand finale: tells me I have early stage arthritis in my back that 'luckily I'm at the age and we caught it early enough we can reverse it'
I got xrays from a real spinal surgeon a month prior who just adviced me to start doing physical therapy for stretching. But apparently failed to catch the 25 year old with back arthritis I guess??? Kek
He tries to sign me onto a 25 session $2000 plan (after breaking HIPAA a few times by telling me that he worked on my brother and his wife [before he got kicked out of North Dakota I later learned])
When I went out into the lobby his wife/secretary not only had forms filled out to sign up for the plan, they also had the form for a medical credit card application filled out ready to go.

Never went back obviously. And when I mentioned his name to my brother he rolled his eyes and said "I hope you're not getting involved in that shit"

Also Googled "chiropractor subluxation scam" and laughed for 20 minutes at the results

Yeah he's been practising medicine for nothing less than 20 years. And sure, he told you at the gym that people die because of chiropractors. All of this totally happened. No man died or become paraplegic because of chiros ever, but hey he totes told you that. Whatever makes you feel better
It doesn't really have to be all that black and white. Idiots get scammed by abusive professionals everywhere. Relying on cracking for your spinal health or posture is nuts, replacing stretching with cracking is nuts, curing ear infections with chiros is nuts. That doesn't mean that a niche for something like is dumb. Replacing yoga/physical exercise/proper posture with cracking like suggest is dumb. Merrica seems the land of the uneducated "fire and forget solutions" so there may be a market for quackery and whatnot. The issue is systemic. Fighting memes with memes doesn't end well

I legit had a problem were my arms wouldn't fucking extend fully from years of muscle tightness from an old injury went to a chiro

He did acupuncture needles with electricity did some back snaping shit and now my arms are fine

W-what am i supposed to trust

We live in a world of instant gratification
People who complain that a website took 8 seconds to load rather than 2 seconds don't want to hear "Oh you've done no physical activity for 10 years and sit slunched over a keyboard all day? You're very weak and you will need to work on posture, flexibility, and strengthening. Here's a list of exerci-..."
They want to hear "... and breath out.. *crack*... yep! Problem is surely non existent and healed now!" even if it's complete bullshit just to take your insurance money

Chiropractic is a fucking scam through and through, dude. Cut the fucking bullshit fog you're trying to put up.
Everyone here has a semblance of some physical knowledge.
It's laughable horseshit just made to dip into a fools pocket.
I congratulate the lobbyists who managed to get it approved on Medicaid cards

Pro tip: he didn't fix shit. He just got a nice little wallet of bills from your little white card

He did though i can extend my arms to lock out

>everything that disagrees with my world view never happened
You faggots are insufferable.

Something other than his bullshit did it.
You sound no different than the old boomers at my work place telling of their pains chiropractors miraculously fixed yet somehow always miraculously come back once the minds placebo wears off

>Something other than his bullshit did it
Like? He did spinal manipulation shocked my muscles with needles

Can't argue that science.
Maybe you could be the first ever real result in a popular medical journal that shows improvement over placebo in that case

they may help in occasionally treating lower back pain pretty much effectively. Get you chakras in check dude, you're pretty enraged.
Yeah, right. Binary memesters are pretty much insufferable.
There's no report of paraplegics because of chiros. That's a meme.

If you google "vertebral artery stroke chiropractic", you can see that there numerous reports of infarcts and deaths related to chiropractic manipulation. This isn't even debatable.

Are you like """studying""" to be a chiroquacktor?
It's a complete farce

youtube.com/watch?v=rMlyo7EIMTo
that's all the science I need
deep cracks at 3m53s

I'm tempted by yoga too
youtu.be/OZNU6NKe5EY?t=1m24s

they do help in treating bulging disc "normal" doctors won't touch and treat with opioid and the like
there's a lot of 10 minutes quacks, but just look at Dr. Ian

every study I've read about chiropractic or acupuncture that supports use for "lower back pain" "irritable bowel syndrome" or other chronic diseases is a fucking farce
1) the study is usually published in a shit journal with no standards by alternative medicine advocacy groups
2) they ALWAYS fail to include proper controls
3) the conditions in question have a huge range of symptoms and can be dramatically influenced by lifestyle, making them particularly vulnerable to the placebo effect

don't get me wrong, the placebo effect is absolutely effective for these diseases. the problem is that chiropractic/acupuncture/juju/snake oil come with a laundry list of actual bullshit that deceives the patient into spending money and presceintific/pseudoscientific unregulated and disproven crap that can kill. its unethical to expose a patient to that unnecessary risk just to induce the placebo effect.

>no reports of paraplegic but google and you'll find numerous dead
quite the contrary, aspirin killed more
then we don't really want to start a death count because of unprofessional doctors, shall we
youtube.com/watch?v=YpNcnM0FkTM
placebo?
>unnecessary risk
like treating pain with opioid for the rest of your life? Is that an unnecessary risk or not?

>look at my anecdote it totally disproves an entire field of study
fuck off. if you don't even know what the placebo effect is then you're in no position to judge whether or not its a factor. Also, opiods work a fuck ton better than a placebo, so yes for many people it's an acceptable risk because at least it does its fucking job

Yeah, MDs kill people with treatment sometimes. But that's usually after weighing the risks and benefits of the proposed therapy, then being unlucky. There is a strong attempt to at least base therapies on the best availble evidence. Unprofessional doctors
that engage in dangerous behavior are hunted down, have their licenses revoked, and sometimes go to prison.

Chiropractors purposely push bullshit snake oil for the purpose of getting you in their clinic once a week forever for manipulations and to buy supplements. They aren't reprimanded for unprofessional behavior. Their entire career is based on unprofessional behavior. Their therapies are not based on evidence based medicine, and a careful weighing of risk vs. benefit. It's literally just memes based down from older memesters with no real scientific backing. When an MD puts you on a daily aspirin, he's doing it because loads of literature shows a significant benefit compared to the risk. When a chiropractor manipulates your C-spine, he does it without any supporting evidence and in spite of the risk of permanently damaging you, or possibly killing you.

>fuck off
great rebuttal.
>anecdotal
there's quite a bunch of anecdotes. You fail to grasp that they treat a lot of traumas ER doesn't treat, and successfully. It won't fill in your black and white view of reality, sorry if this hurts your autism but hey suck it up and deal with it.
>hurr durr don't know what a placebo is
>opiods work a fuck ton better than a placebo
1) you're an idiot 2) if you're suggesting that someone should prefer to hop on opioid for their entire life because of a bulging disc rather than resorting to a chiro who could cure it (and it can be verified with X-Ray); if you're suggesting this I quite frankly believe you should literally neck yourself

>Chiropractors purposely push bullshit snake oil
I'm inclined to believe that the issue is systemic rather than professional, given the healtcare insurance ponzi scheme in the land of the free. elsewhere it's not really like that
>risk of permanently damaging you
oh boy here we go again

tell you what, next time you feel shitty go to a chiropractor and buy everything he recommends, and stay in the shallow end of the gene pool. i could care less about educating a random faggot on a Moldovan neck tie collectors guild database.

>I didn't even read a single line nor did I grasp a single concept expressed so far
I'm totally against random a la carte chiro quick fixes and I'm totally against going to the chiro first. In other news, you're an idiot.

Neuroscience faggot here.

Yes, fucking around with the spine in grandiose and non precise "medical" movements is a fucking sham. You can't realign your spine or any other bone without an invasive medical procedure or strengthening the surrounding and supporting muscles

An awkward angle and a quick jolt isnt going to fix shit. If chiros actually worked, than we wouldnt see such an increase in demand for neuro fields, and shit like scoliosis and other bone related especially the spine, would cease to exist

try again when you're ready to apply a consistent standard to the things you're evaluating.

the question is "should anyone see a chiropractor?" and the answer is overwhelmingly no. if you're an athlete looking for general PT all they have to offer is a placebo effect and a potential stroke. there are professionals with degrees accredited by societies that uphold a strong scientific standard that offer treatments with good supporting data and no snake oil who will do you much better. best case scenario the quack in question mimics a proven treatment and helps, but not without all the associated bullshit. if you suffer from a chronic disease they offer a the same thing. they will never amend their practice because the established standards already destroyed them, so they'll do their damndest to destroy the standards and make a quick buck off people in pain.

I wish I could find someone to do that on me. Looks like it'd feel great.

>have anterior pelvic tilt for years without realizing it
>finally figure wtf is wrong with me
>starting stretching consistently and do sitting stuff at standing desks
>do this for a few months
>neat progress
>decide to see a massage therapist
>she recommends seeing a chiropractor amd getting an adjustment
>do just that
>pops my shit the fuck out
>literally cant remember when my lower back felt that good
>ive only gotten adjust once since

not saying they fix problems or anything but my experience is that they are fucking amazing at making symptoms go away for a while

people.com/bodies/playboy-model-katie-may-died-after-chiropractor-ruptured-an-artery-in-her-neck-coroner-says/

Chiropractors kill, and will fight hard to keep you in the dark. Greedy bastards who couldn't cut it in the real world so they made up their own fantasy.

It's 100% alternative medicine and it's only the only real befits of it i you get a somewhat decent stretch in while they roll around on the table

Well, I had the same issue with one arm, and then one day it popped into full extension while carrying groceries and was fine ever since. I bet my groceries were cheaper, and they did the same job.

How does this nigga not paralyze himself

ATP bro here, scared I'll be crippled

Might as well try reiki

Best advice in thread