>Wrists mobility

Foundation Handstand One

>Bicep Tendon Prep

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaH_HUMooyM

>Scooby teaches you how to do a pull Up

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0

>How to make parallettes out of PVC

library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/13_03_Parallettes.pdf

>Foundation series (4 books + 2 Handstand + Rings)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:39d3d785f7c6df583af2fa846646a74b3d256cac&dn=Coach Christopher Sommer Mastering Gymnastic Strength Training 2014&tr=udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.mg64.net:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337/announce&tr=udp://tracker.sktorrent.net:6969/announce

>Overcoming gravity (v1)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ad0739445c9cc5177e2b48c6f216521e8c8ddff4&dn=Overcoming+Gravity+%28gnv64%29&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fpublic.popcorn-tracker.org%3A6969

>Starting Stretching: phraktured.net/starting-stretching.html

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine
reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/1dmd8t/printer_friendly_version_of_phraktures_starting/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Left side is the exercise, right side is the mobility for that exercise, you do mobility after each set

FSAS - Fundamental Straight Arm Strength
FBAS - Fundamental Bent Arm Strength
FLS - Fundamental Leg Strength

the numbers like 5x60s means mastery for the movement, in this case you look at 60s/60rep template and follow that progression, once you hit mastery (can do 5x60s) you move to the next level

for negative movements, 5x5x10s means you descend for 10s each rep

>SL
SL progression seems to be different from PDF's

Foundation gives 3 routines:
>AxBxAxx
>ABxABxx
>ABABAxx
A: FL, sPL, HBP, RC
B: MN, SL, SLS

>Stretching

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4BCCD448B44C4B8233A2E9BD7388246306C47B3D&dn=Middle%20Split
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:48E4BFE7D564ABB65DF2D4408EDC2A271F860D77&dn=Bridge
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:D69E1D9C667B31244307E6E4FDD9E487EEC3AF48&dn=Front%20Split
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:07C5D57728C3D73B0C982063330C49729E9AF1E6&dn=Shoulder

We missed you Karen

Was about to post this. Also, not feeling rows in my back at all. What do?

harro

where you want to feel them? weight too low or improper form
horrou

Uh, my upper back and lats? Also I'm doing tuck fl rows.

and hows your form? what rep ranges? increase difficulty

I talked to that crossfit girl again, and apparently her coach is married to some ex all american gymnast of some shit.

started dating this 4'10" gymnast girl

holy fuck she's so strong for her size

is this what BWG can do?

it's what physical training can do

Form is good as far as I can tell. 3 sets of 6-8 depending on how I feel.

> depending on how I feel

im new to /bwg/ is this an okay thing to follow

Goals

Just wrote my program for planche progression.

>HTH are high tuck planche holds
>Straddle lifts are what they sound like. You go from a straddle lean into a straddle planche for a second
>Planche leans are what they sound like

>Planche bar holds are where you lie on a flat bench and hold the loaded barbell in the planche position (Currently doing 100lbs at 170lbs BW)
>PPPU are psuedo planche push ups. Done on yoga blocks with weight vest for extra ROM
>TPPU are tuck planche push ups. Done on dip bars for more ROM

I'm using band-assisted planche lean into full planches, straddle planche hold time, and planche bar holds as my metrics of measuring progress.

Does anyone here with a full planche have anything to recommend?

Can you use resistance bands to make push ups from the ground easier as opposed to doing incline pushups in the push up progression? I've found a new outdoor gym that I go to but the only good spot to do incline pushups on are slightly too low for my current level so I have to cheat my way through them to hit 3x5 reps.

reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine

You'd have to wrap them around your torso.

Honestly, you can do incline push-ups anywhere. Buy some yoga blocks and use those. You could even use a chain that's up against a wall.

Can I do them on my rings? It'd probably be more difficult when starting out but I assume it will be more beneficial for me in the long run since I improve my stability in the rings as well?

no

Yeah - you could, and yes they would.

You can do them on anything. You're limited by your creativity.

A few years ago I did my dips and handstand work between chairs instead of bars or paralletes

Seems a little excessive, i get you want the planche but sometimes less= more. Try focusing on one main planche movement, and maybe two accessorys,

I'm not doing too much volume or intensity on these exercises with the exception of bar holds (only 10 reps), late game straddle lifts (I'll be working towards sets of 30), and weighted PPPU.

The high tuck holds, are 10 reps in a day. The leans last less than a few seconds and I only do 15 in a day.

I've tried a more simplistic program before and didn't see good results.

If I'm not seeing progress on my leans in a month I'll reduce to just 4 exercises instead of 6.

I agree that a simplistic approach works best. That's how I got the best results on one arm chin ups and advanced OHP, but it didn't work for me with planche. I figured it was because I didn't include connective tissue/volume work and I was only doing intensity work (hence the small intervals of volume).

I'm also doing these sets with lots of rest in between (as much as 2 hours between sets). Treating it like greasing the groove.

What was your time period for getting the planche?

Im just telling you from a logical stand point its best to do it like i said, more so in a set up like this.

1. main static hold
2.bent arm press
3. weight mimicked variation
either static or dynamic

This is whats been working best for my training.^

You can still apply the groose the groove principal to this, but hey lets us know how it goes.
psh me getting a planche? Fuck maybe if i drop 50 pounds.

>tfw 215

upvoted

Like I said, I'll try this for a month and if I see no progress I'll try that.

I don't have rings, but I do have a power tower with dip handles that should allow me to do these.
Problem is I can't seem to get in position, any advice?
Also, am I right in thinking rows are the best bw exercise to hit rear delts?
Mine are lagging a little.

if you lack balance you can try to touch the wall a little with your feet, or the frame of your tower, depending on how the handles are positioned

Hi guys, can I do bodyweight exercises in the morning and strong lifts in the evening like barbell rows and deadlifts ? Or Is it better to do them the next day?

What's the concensus on resting between sets (talking about foundation one). Book says take the time to do the iM and then jump into the next set, but a couple of weeks ago I read here that I should take 3-5 minutes rest for every set.
Also, any idea what's up with wordpress? I'm trying to check SStretching but when I click it asks me to create a new site or some shit

I currently do them with my feet on the back of a chair.
I've been able to get in the position a couple of times, but I can't tell what I'm doing different when it works.

what kind of shit are you injecting for recovery? just run your cycle and do lifts in morning and evening, fuck bw
Foundation is 'gymnasts strength training' and gymnasts need stamina, so it is built around that, but I found it hard down the line since my stamina was lacking, so resting 3-5mins like with lifting is optimal for strength gains
yea looks like SStretching is RIP, gonna remove from OP
perhaps hand position related to your hips?

So OP, or anyone really into this calisthenics BWF stuff:

Should I pick up those foundation series books and start from there? Or should I follow the /r/bodyweightfitness Rec routine? Total noob to bodyweight.

>perhaps hand position related to your hips?
I just tried getting into it a couple times and I think it's that I have to be more inverted than horizontal.
I did figure out a way to use the frame to brace my feet though, so I can do them with full body weight at least.
It also gives me an option to do rows completely upside down.

I started with Convict Conditioning, ignore the cringey prison title, and adjusted it a little to work for me.
It's given me a good strength base and now I'm mixing in the gymnastic stuff.

well, faggots accuse me of shilling foundation, but I picked it over other routines and I'm sticking with it, started march of 2015, got unrelated injuries that took me off working out for 6 months and then some shit like flu and what not, but I'm getting there (I'm 32 now) so yea, I could do 3 push ups with elbows flaring, started at the bottom with inclined push ups, doing P-bar dips now (skipped bench dips) I know the program works so I recommend it, if someone else did another program they are free to recommend from their experience. It may not be ideal if you seek pure strength, but my goal is SPL, FL, HBP and Manna as I find them cool as fuck and Foundation progression works, I experienced it myself, albeit slow it will get you there eventually.
you will hit different parts of traps, depending on your hand and back angle

Thanks for the reply mate.
>resting 3-5mins like with lifting is optimal for strength gains
that's pretty much what I've ended up doing as well. I've been following the program for a full month now, and pretty much every set has felt like going to failure, so I couldn't imagine going at it again straight away. I did skip ahead for most exercises though, either starting at week 5 or 9.
Also, regarding SStretching I looked around and found pic related, along with some other stuff here
reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/1dmd8t/printer_friendly_version_of_phraktures_starting/
>inb4 r*ddit

>Performance cannot vary day to day
Fuckwit

I guess you start now so here is my experience with foundation.
I tried to stick with the no rest thing, but it's fucking impossible.
I don't even follow the Mastery tables anymore. Every time I go until failure or until i reach the mastery.
Deload weeks are great so I kept them in my program.
Pic is my progress for 6 months. HS is not in pic - I am at HS PE11 - 1-3 inch of the wall HS. Telling you all this shit to make the point that you don't need to follow foundation strictly to make progress. I tried doing it strictly at the beginning. But thank god some anons convinced me that doing so was retarded.
Some other user left these (you can find them in the first reply )

>Stretching
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4BCCD448B44C4B8233A2E9BD7388246306C47B3D&dn=Middle%20Split
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:48E4BFE7D564ABB65DF2D4408EDC2A271F860D77&dn=Bridge
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:D69E1D9C667B31244307E6E4FDD9E487EEC3AF48&dn=Front%20Split
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:07C5D57728C3D73B0C982063330C49729E9AF1E6&dn=Shoulder

They are basically the better version of the iM. So you don't do iM, and do these instead. (They are also much better than SStretching)

Foundation is 4 times better.

mehhh

sheep

nice webm can i save it?

Update, is it looking betteR?

decent 14 second hs?

is this technically a 250lb chin-up?

35+ 215 fatass self?

Sick that

better than I can currently do :)

You're training rtos too?

>two weeks ago

Posting accessory

can you not maintain straight arms?

It's supposed to be a bent arm press, what are you getting at?

im not getting at anything, i was just curious since you named it planche bench but had bent arms

What would planche bench be?

no idea? id assume like a straight arm movement since thats what a planche is... again, just going off what you named the file

Ohhhhh i got you senpai, i guess ill call it a planche bent press?

So since someone mentioned Convict Conditioning, is it actually a good system to follow or is it just a meme?

too much pressing, not real progression, and just no, please don't/

I don't, I'm already doing the Reddit routine, it just feels like the target for sets and reps in CC are completely whack

yup pretty much

Is that Eric's wife in the background? She looks way younger than the girl he posed with on instagram

post it

Explosive chin ups

Ayeeee, hows your hiefesto?

Never did one in my life

Brave girl

how so?

how are your slow muscle-ups
?

Hit a 720 fakie no scope on bar today

>doing something wrong outside of training that your training suffers
I would help that sheep be happy eryday :3
negative looks great
you don't count your fucking bw, just like they don't count bw for squats

I do planche bench. I'll have a pic in the morning. It's a straight arm hold. You start from perpendicular and lower it. Keeping scapula protracted is the hardest part.

I do 100lbs for 20seconds at 170lbs BW

So basically some 100lb twink can do a 100lb pull-up means he is stronger than me? even tho i got 50lbs on him?

for his weight he would be a monster

theres a reason you're only doing a 35lbs weighted chin and not a 200lbs one lmao

thoughts on my form?

i weigh 200lbs already?

but at my weight doing 100lb chin-ups is a joke?

There is a reason you see so little small people doing 3xbw deadlifts, and why you see even less people who weigh 190+ doing bw training.

zzzzzzzzzz

For most normal weight ranges +30lb is +30lb give or take maybe 5lb. Check symmetricstrength for a rough estimate of how difficult it is to add weight at different bw.

3xbw deadlift is easier at low bodyweight. Idk what you're trying to say. The only person to ever deadlift 5xbw weighed 60kg in competition form.

you're mistaking being a special snowflake with being fat

A healthy male should weigh at least 200lbs, desu

No it fucking isnt, a 60kg guy lifting three times his bodyweight is strong. A 90kg lifting 3 times his bodyweight is strong.

Get over it, you are just fat, and you arent as strong as you think you are. You are just bigger (fat) so you think you are strong and your fragile little ego cant take it.

30lb added weight to your chin up isnt bad, you arent weak by normie standards, but its not impressive and you arent strong.

>the man who said this has a beer gut, drinks a lot, eats red meat and will probs die of CV problems, if he doesnt already have cv problems

Your not that fat and shit like this is why Veeky Forums is unhealthy.

Your doing good and no I dont think the twink would really be stronger, although for his weight he would be.

Fit holds people to unrealistic standards despite claiming its for really all about health.

Your not a special snowflake but you should be proud of your accomplishment, idk why people have to get mad and try and take that away.

>under 200lbs
>male
pick one

at least 200lbs is not under 200lbs
>made me reply

because he is crying about it and cant handle the fact a lighter guy would be stronger then him lb for lb.

waaah a lighter guy can add more weight to his movements b-b-b-but im 200lbs...and yeah he dont look fat, but watch him take his top off and look soft. 30lb to a chin up is not strong.

Looks like you're under 200lbs

excellent refute weak fatty

>muh 30lbs added to an underhand pullup

LMAOing at your life desu

Man how it he crying about it at all?

Yeah pound for pound he would be but he wasn't saying that. He is stronger than the lighter guy.

And being said why do you feel the need to take him down a notch?

Like there's all this anti fat sentiment on this board but then once those people hit the gym there's a ton of people who go on to bitch about how it's not good enough...

I mean sure if someone is blatantly bragging unjustly then tell them, but we should be bringing each other up rather than shooting people down

Excellent refute, twink

>muh relative strength

That's a lot to say from behind a keyboard. Post a pic if your so confidant, not that it really matters how you look. Your kinda ugly on the Inside

I have a question about stretching.
My goal is to be able to do a split, so I am planning to stretch everyday until I can do it. However, my tendons feel tired. Is it a good or bad thing? Is there such a thing as over-training (like for muscle building)?

From someone that can do a split, by all means go ahead stretch every day, but if something is hurting you should prob stop and rest.