How effective is PSMF for cutting?

How effective is PSMF for cutting?
Is it better than traditional IF?
Or is it another reddit tier meme and TDEE-500 is the only truly most effective way to cut?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BhLIsFFsPAA?t=1054
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Depends on you goals.

Goal is to cut for December, minimizing all muscle loss

>How effective is PSMF for cutting?
depends on your BF. I ran PSMF twice 1M + 2W. went from 20% to less than 15% without much strength loss. then I tried it again but the benefits were much less tangible, so I reverted to the usual caloric restriction.

>is it better than IF
IF only implies dieting pattern, you still need restriction in the end

So PSMF is most efficient on >15%bf insividuals, but after that basic caloric restriction is the best way to go, what are your macros?

Also IF can be easier to cut just because the mental barrier of "it's not the eating window yet"?

no no, what I meant is with lower BF the tangible effects of PSMF goes down. this is true for all diet but since PSMF is a crash course, that lack of visual feedback can make or break your resolve. I switched to simple because of it, and also because I'm a gym rat who has nothing better to do, which is not possible with PSMF.

I'm not sure what do you mean by macros. on PSMF, protein is virtually all you take + binge on veg for satiety.

With macros i meant your actual diet macros, sorry for my shitty gramatic.

wats PSMF

Protein Sparing Modifies Fast, basically a sub 1000 cal diet where the only things you eat are proteins and veggies.

on a simple cut?
this was when I did IF with simple cut. breakfast was lunch btw, I dont really time them properly. I had an extra carton of ginger ale at this time hence the high sugar intake, otherwise those get filled by rice.

I see you like sugar.

3 tablespoon is hardly much, all taken preworkout with coffee. as for the ginger ales, I got them for free.

This is my home brew velocity diet. Lost 20lbs on it. Ten was gained right back in water weight. Workwd well. No noticible loss in strength. My taste buds were completely reset.

>did it over St Patty's day
>used that as my solid meal day
>mfw boiled cabbage has flavor

Keto at -500 TDE with carbs pre/intra/post workout fits your goals. A regular -500 TDE mid to high carb diet would be better because you can still gain some muscle if you're starting pretty high bf %, but you should transition to mostly keto as you get leaner.

Keto is protein sparing but it also inhibits growth, so it's ideal for finishing off a cut.

Make sure to read the book (don't study it, just read). Don't skip out on EC stack.

What if i PSMF on a IF 20/4?

For fucks sake, just eat healthy and on a caloric deficit

It's backed by research, the only relevant factor is that the lower your bf%, the less energy your body can extract from adipose tissue (before eating muscle). Therefore fatties can tolerate a much greater calorific deficit before losing muscle.

youtu.be/BhLIsFFsPAA?t=1054

>mid to high carb diet
For what purpose?

>6-9 scoops worth of protein, milk, and flaxseed oil

Interested in trying this, how many calories are you talking roughly in your solid meal? And how much is a serving of peanut butter

Not an excuse, take them out for optimal dieting.