Reminder that heavy squats, deadlifts and bench are not sustainable

Reminder that heavy squats, deadlifts and bench are not sustainable.

Most people here are 18-25 and so think they are invincible and that they will be able to go heavy forever.

Yes you will eventually get injured lifting heavy
However it is wrong to call it not sustainable unless you are lifting as heavy as lilliebridge

Again this thread...
1. Define heavy
2. Guys on the right lift far heavier weights (while focusing on time under tension) than you probably ever will.

how many times are you gonna make this thread?

get a more recent picture. frank looks like hot garbage these days

UNTIL YOU ALL GET THE MESSAGE

There is literally no reason to go above 1/2/3/4 if your goals is just to look good

Why is there literally ZERO EVIDENCE of a barbell deadlift causing a SPINAL injury then?

>tfw i have 200lb lean body mass barely ever lifted in my life, let alone "heavy"

define heavy

if you don't ego lift you can't snap shit up. prove me wrong

Ok you're correct

No one has ever injured themselves doing deadlifts

define heavy

Anything above 1/2/3/4

Yup. That's why I lift for aesthetics and do plyos now. Powershitters and ego lifters are brain damaged.

Also DB Bench>BB bench

but if you don't care for appareance none of these two are the right thing then.

although it could be true, you're cherry picking

If you powerlift the goal is to destroy your body, if you have more in you then you can lift more.

Take yourself to breaking point constantly, you'll be fucked.

1-2x BW deadlifts will not fuck you up, give great back and legs

>Getting strong at compounds will give you aesthetics

k

>you don't care for appareance
do you have self esteem problems?
there is a healthy middle ground, you should care some degree

Seen this thread before. Fuck off. You don't have to justify the fact that you're physically weak. Nobody cares.

I'm closing in on a 3bw deadlift and also CLOSING IN on a 4 plate dead

u mad

*4 plate squat

so you're advising people to stop training heavy while you're doing it
trying to destroy competition? you're one kind of an asshole you know

Once I hit my targets I will quit and lift purely for size. I realize that if I keep going heavier and heavier serious injuries are inevitable.

you're already far above of the regular heavy weight
over 2bw is considered heavy on an anatomical pointof view
considering this, if what you meant in OP is that PL competition kind of weight is dangerous then I think everyone would agree but that what competition is all about

That's not heavy lmao.

is 4pl squat really heavy?
i lifted that in college, but truth be told i did suffer exertion headache
the worst was when i was approaching 3pl8 again last year, but I think I really did escalate too fast then
i do get anxious with my squats these days, figure I might as well be on the safe side

it's not that heavy for a gymrat or a competitive sportsman
but it is compared to what your body can lift without specifictraining

the guys on the right lift heavier weights than you ever will while doing meme shit like super slow reps, pre-exhaustion, and other bbing tricks

but yes, anyone who has been lifting a long time understands that working at lower percentage of your 1rm is inherently less dangerous and doesn't beat your body up as much

Strawman as fuck

Did you even read before replying?

>1. Define heavy
90%+

Your 90% isn't a constant over your training life you hairless potato

That's why I don't do them sweetie. I mainly do hill sprints and some trap bar deadlifts for higher reps.

but the whole point of this post is that eric lillibridge is being compared to bodybuilders. if you put an average person who hits a 1.5BW squat, 2x BW dead etc. then they'd be in better health than the bodybuilder arguably assuming the bodybuilder doesn't lift them numbers. Whilst I agree lifting 700lb deadlifts = injuries bound to happen, you're saying that lifting heavy weights is bad when youre doing a 3x BW squat and 4plate DL which is particularly heavy, congrats btw and I'm the original poster you replied too.

Thread should be, lifting extremely heavy weights makes you prone to more injuries, which is dead true. Lifting heavy weights makes you more resistant to injuries.

that's exactly the point

heavy is relative, you mongoloid, you think eddie hall is going to get injured doing 405 for reps on deadlift? no, because that's a joke weight to him

I know his feel.

t. Washed up nobody oly'lifter with bad back, age 29

No. Anything above 40kg will start damaging you back

in that case you have nothing to worry about

kek

What the fuck are you talking about

>if I use buzzword strawman argument people will think I'm right

You're retarded

>Hit 2/3/4/5
>Then focus on Aesthetics
Strength > Brosplit for newbs

>2 plate OHP

lmao most people will never achieve that naturally unless you have good proportions/leverages

Nothing is sustainable you faggot.

Whoa

Really makes you think

Then aim for 1.5/2.5/3.5/4.5 or 1/2/3/4
Basically you go for foundational strength first, then you focus on mass/looks

Yea, I love weight lifting. 9 years in the gym here. It's my rock, its the only control I have over my shit show life.

IF you want to do this for the long haul and remain injury free you have to listen to your body.
Only go really heavy when you have a spotter.
Find a good weight and just stick to it.
1 2 3 4 is a healthy goal, its heavy but not crazy. You get a strong body and it can be maintained.
I would even take a plate off the squat. 2 plates is fine.

Lift long and prosper

>Also DB Bench>BB bench
this. i gave up bb bench and just do db now and my chest has grown in volume considerably. you are able to stretch your arms bak further which is where its easy to get chest activation.