/Routine General/

Ctrl-F "Routine thread" = 0

Welcome to /Routine General/

Share your lifting routine and ask questions you may have about exercises and programming.
Some quick info for beginners

>#1: Read the Sticky
>#2: Read the fucking Sticky

>If you want to gain/lose weight, track your calories
>If you are just getting started, a proven and popular program is always going to be better than something you came up with, save yourself the time and headaches
>SS, GSLP, Reg Park's, ICF, SL or any Linear Progression Strenght program based on the big 3 lifts will be ok.
>Make sure you have the technique down for all the barbell lifts before starting to add weight

>Wanna get into Powerlifting? Candito's program is a good start
>Want some more aesthetics? Look into Greyskull LP, it's a template you can customize, the book's pdf is pretty easy to get. Pic related is a good version

>Bodyweight exercises, while not the best for muscle gain, are a good gauge to know if you're gaining too much fat too quickly. If your Rows and DL are progressing but your pullups are laggin behind, chances are you gotta cut back on the milk and oats

>Unless you're pretty advanced, Cut/Bulk is not really needed, just stay at a sensible bf%, eat healthy food & you're gonna be ok

>"Cardio kills gains" is a meme, if you want to be healthy you need your cardiovascular system in check. Just lifting weights is not enough
>Low intensity cardio is not the best but it's better than nothing
>HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) is the best both for cardiovascular health and weight loss purposes. It also takes much less time

>You should be STRETCHING every day. Make it a habit. Mobility/Flexibility is crucial both for gains and lift safety. Even 5 minutes a day makes a huge difference.
>"Starting Stretching" is a good place to start
>Do not static stretch before lifting, stretching cold muscles makes them more prone to injury and somewhat hinders you strenght. Do dynamic warmups.

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/hypertrophy-range-fact-fiction/.
bretcontreras.com/core-stability-training-for-the-advanced-lifter/
kingofthegym.com/intermediate-and-advanced-push-pull-legs-split-routine/
muscleandstrength.com/workouts/shaun--s-3-day-muscle-building-split.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I want ABS, what routine should i follow?

Hey guys.

I'm following a basic PXPXLXX split, running on 3 of the X days.
I want to run a half marathon in 13 weeks. How much should I change my routine in order to accommodate for the extra work? (in term of intensity, but also exercises on leg days).
I mean I know I need to change in, and prolly to reduce lifting a bit, but I just don't know by how much.

Thanks

lose weight, if you dont have abs then, do abs exercises

>Hey guys.
Hey
>I'm following a basic PXPXLXX split, running on 3 of the X days.
Terrible routine. Literally the worst routine you can do for gains.
-If you want to do PPL, you should do it 6 days a week
-If you want to train everything once per week in order to not interfere with your running, a brosplit is better
-If you want to train 3 days a week, do full body
But then again I've never ran more than 5k so I am talking out of my ass
>I want to run a half marathon in 13 weeks. How much should I change my routine in order to accommodate for the extra work? (in term of intensity, but also exercises on leg days).
Realistically, you shouldn't expect anything at all in terms of meaningful leg strength. I'd focus on calisthenics if I were you, because any weight gain is directly detrimental to your main goal
>I mean I know I need to change in, and prolly to reduce lifting a bit, but I just don't know by how much.
You could try >Thanks
Welcome
N-suns 4/week 531 with ab roller, toes-to-bar, windshield wipers and farmer's walks on leg days and sprints on upper body days
Now for me
What is the fastest way to go from 1.25/2.5/3.5/4 95kg 20%bf to 2/3/4/5 95kg 12%bf? (1.81m)
What's the best aesthetics-wise I should shoot for in 10 months?
I'd like personal experiences.

I'm currently doing a modified Greyskull LP, trying to go every other day.

Day A:
- Bench (DB or BB)
- Squats
- Dips

Day B:
- OHP
- Deadlift
- Chin-ups

I think this is fine, but the problem is that I desperately need to work cardio in due to my team sports, so I've started riding to and from the gym. It's 5 miles round trip, but it's exhausting enough that I often skip squats and deadlift due to needing to be able to actually make it home after my workouts. I'm hoping to eventually have the strength and stamina to do the 5 mile ride AND do heavy legwork, but I think that might be a ways off.

Oftentimes my workouts are just Bench/Dips or OHP/Chins and then any accessory work I choose to do. I'm there for like 30-45 minutes and I feel like I'm wasting my time. Am I?

Unrelated: When doing things like Dips/Chins, what's the rationale behind doing 8-12? Could I not do 5-7 at a higher weight for more hypertrophy?

i've run a half-marathon (1:28) when doing a brosplit (when i was an idiot). it really wasn't a problem. i think you may be seriously underestimating what your body can cope with. you certainly don't need to reduce your lifting if you're lifting 3x a week (and hitting legs once a week—i mean, think about track sprint cyclists and what they do)

you do, however, probably need to increase your running, to get both more base mileage and more quality work in. what are your running sessions like at the moment?

Going to switch from six day a week PPL to a 4 day program so made this PHUL routine.
Thoughts??

Since I have 13 weeks left, I took a 12 weeks program that I basically modified a bit.
I do to small runs (either aiming for speed, or just to get some miles) Tuesdays and Fridays (right now 5.6Km, but increasing each week up to 8Km or maybe more). On Satardays I go for longer runs, 6.4Km now but up to 16 a week before the race.

way too many movements, pick a few assistance exercises and do more volume. squat/ohp more than one time a week

I can never figure out how to progress on cardio, lets say I did hill sprints, how much should I do, just until I can't anymore? Or should I be hitting some heart bpm?

>Oftentimes my workouts are just Bench/Dips or OHP/Chins and then any accessory work I choose to do. I'm there for like 30-45 minutes and I feel like I'm wasting my time. Am I?
you're not wasting your time, but you really shouldn't be skipping squats and deadlifts. i find it hard to believe that a 5 mile round trip on a bike is (1) too exhausting (unless you're going up Alpe d'Huez) or (2) cardio work (unless you're doing 1km time trials). you'll only build the work capacity if you try. just try and do both. it'll eventually get easier to do both

& do more cardio on your offdays. go for runs, get on a turbo trainer, whatever. 15 casual miles a week on a bike is not cardio

>Unrelated: When doing things like Dips/Chins, what's the rationale behind doing 8-12? Could I not do 5-7 at a higher weight for more hypertrophy?
there's no real rationale for it; it makes little difference: strongerbyscience.com/hypertrophy-range-fact-fiction/. do as you wish. (fwiw, i do 4x6 weighted pull-ups and weighted dips.)

it'd be worth, on those Tuesday and Friday runs, really aiming for a specific (challenging) pace or HR zone (look up 'tempo runs' for a more precise description); one of the biggest problems novice runners have is running junk miles without realising it. a casual 5km–8km run won't do much for you when training. be disciplined about that—it's too easy to tell yourself that you're 'just [getting] some miles'

it sounds like a reasonable plan, though. if leg day does happen to be a problem, give yourself a rest day after it

it depends on what your goal is, assuming you have one. most people have distance/time goals in mind (e.g., to run a

Thanks. I know I should do those but I'm at a loss for the moments, because I lack tools to measure either my pace or my heart rate. Bought a watch on the internet though so it should help when I finally get it. Though I usually end up pushing myself even on small runs.

Thank you, that makes me feel better about my current situation as well as gives me some good insight on what I need to do next. Admittedly, my perception of good cardio is probably fairly skewed - my endurance has always been absolute dogshit so I get tired very easily.

Also, that's good to know about rep ranges, thank you.

Abs respond well to what they where designed: stabilize. This means do exercises that opose a movement. There are 3 main 3 type of Anti- exercises:

Anti-Flexion: Planks, Abs Roller, Dragon Flag ...

Anti-Rotation: pallof press, one arm dumbell bench press/row, cable half press/push...

Anti-Torsion: Side-Plank, Dragon Flag, Suitcase carries, one legged suats (pistol or shrimp) with dumbel over the lifting leg, one arm overhear dumbell press...

Do one type of exercise at a time, and a 3 times per week abs workout whould sufice.

bretcontreras.com/core-stability-training-for-the-advanced-lifter/

>Admittedly, my perception of good cardio is probably fairly skewed
it's the case for most people, so don't worry about it—witness the dozens of women flapping about on ellipticals in any commercial gym, wasting their time. cardio should (base mileage excepted) be challenging, just like lifting. you're trying to work towards something you've never done before

if you get someone untrained onto a turbo trainer, they probably have no inkling that they're able to push through a 20 minute max effort interval despite their legs telling them to stop for the last 10 minutes of it. but they can, i promise you

Where to find qt like that

Intagram

i meant irl

No fucking idea

what said
+ you probably ought to use compounds like close-grip bench press, weighted dips , etc. instead of isolations
+ leg extensions are a poor man's squat or leg press
+ calf exercises are mostly a waste of time, especially when you're doing 60–72 reps/week
+ you should be hitting your rear delts directly
+ none of your ab exercises are anti-rotational or anti-torsional
+ doing 40–48 reps of lateral raises/week is not enough for stimulate meaningful growth

2/10 would not recommend

Modified version of tunas 3 day split, to fit my workweek since I lift at lunch
ABCABxxCABCAxxBCABCxx etc

Fugg, forgot picture

A

OHP 3x6-8
Chinups 3x6-8
Lateral raises 3x10-12
Hammer Curls 3x10-12
Skullcrushers 3x10-12
Weighted planks 3x40-60s

B

DB bench press 3x6-8
Rows 3x6-8
Chest flies 3x10-12
Incline DB curls 3x10-12
Triceps Pushdowns 3x10-12
Weighted planks 3x40-60s

PLAN: ABXABLX

Legs? Once a week on Saturday/Sunday. Squats 3x5, DL 1x5, Leg press 3x10-12, Leg curls 3x10-12, Calf Raises 3xF.

I've been lifting 3 months. Was doing GSLP until I injured my back on a deadlift. Now I switched to a push+pull on the same day

6' 182lbs

I do these four lifts for power 3x5 (amrap on the final set)
Bench (3x5x176lbs)
ThePress (3x5x105)
BB Row (3x5x135)
Chins (3x5xbw+6lbs)

I superset these 3x10-12
Incline DB Bench/1-arm rows
facepulls/wide grip lat pulldown
curls/tricep rope pulldown

I do abs/wrist work/calves in between sets of the power lifts.
Plan to add leg press now that my back is better.

Takes about an hour and 45 minutes to complete
AxAxAxAxA....

It's a draining workout, but I enjoy it and my lifts that were stalling on GSLP started going up again. Obviously won't work for more-advanced lifters, but it seems great for a novice.

Thoughts?

I'm doing Greyskull LP for lower body lifts (deadlifts & squats, also incorporated rows as well) but since I'm recovering from a shoulder injury bench & heavy OHP is out of the question.
I was thinking of doing some bodybuilding work for my upper body (arms, chest & back). Anyone care to suggest a 3 day bodybuilding routine to incorporate with the Greyskull? I can do light barbell OHP, narrow width dumbbell bench, isolation exercises for triceps and biceps and I guess narrow grip pullups. No wide or regular grip bench or pullups (desu close grip bench still hurts as well so that is also out of the question).

Thanks

whats a good routine to get into after im finished with 5x5 for hypertrophy purely

How would you rate this program? I'm currently looking for a PPL split.

>I'm there for like 30-45 minutes and I feel like I'm wasting my time
dont change the program, you can add accessories, not change the structure and take out basic lifts

arms excluded, you're doing 4 push and 2 pull on upper days
work your glutes, they have a much bigger impact on squats than hamstrings
calf exercises are useless
do abs every day, not just on lower day, add another couple leg exercises
squat and dl "light" (volume or form work) on respectively DL and squat day, just once doesnt cut it
as others said, you're doing nothing to train your rear delts / external rotation and your obliques

what is this?

what are your numbers, are you progressing, why cant you use a program that is tried and tested

have a look

push 1:
bench 1rmx/3rmx/5rmx (each week different
bench 3x10/3x4/3x8
dips:4x12
chest flys 4x15 dropset last set
dumbel shoulder press 4x12
lateral raises 4x12
skullcrushers superset close grip bench4x12
tricep pushdown 4x12
push 2: ohp 1rm/3rm/5rm
3x10/3x4/3x8
lateral raises 4x15
front raises 4x15
incline bench 4x12
pec deck 4x15
rope pushdown 4x12
tricep pushdown 4x12

im a retard when it comes to programs so any critisism is welcome

forgot

>After 4-6 months on a LP beginner program, if you are struggling to progress and have been deloading a bunch, you might wanna look into a more intermediate program.
>If you keep progressing by all means ride out that linear progression as much as you can

Some Intermediate routines are

>Texas Method
>Madcow
for maximum strenght gainz
>PHUL
Good trade-off between Strenght and Aesthetics
>PPL
more aesthetics-centric, good if you can go 5-6 days a week
Some more routines here Don't do brosplits. Your muscles take around 48 hours to recuperate after a workout. Training them once a week is a loss of potential gains, also those routines are filled with volume, due to them being 1 or 2 muscle groups per day, so strenght gains are non-existent.

This is the routine I'm currently on, since June.
I started out 1.5yrs ago with SS, went on to GSLP and then PHUL. Finally settled on this ULPP (Upper Lower Push Pull)
I think this is a good routine if you dont wanna train legs twice a week but also not forget about them completely.
My strenght has been progressing fine on it, partly thanks to the 531 rep scheme on the big 4 lifts
If you're having problems with normal progression, check out 531, or any kind of periodization

>Day 1 - Upper Power
Bench Press 531
Cable crossovers / Low incline DB 3x10
Chinups 3xF + Pulldowns 3x8
Rows 3x5
OHP 3x5-8 (80% 5RM)
Curl variation 3x10 (hammer atm)
Tricep Pushdown/LTE 3x10

>Day 2 - Lower Power
Squat 531
Leg Press 3x10
DL 2x5 (80% 5RM)
Leg Curl/RDL 3x10
DB Lunges 3x10 (per leg)

>Day 3 - Push
OHP 531
Dips 3xF
Bench 3x5-8
Cable crossovers 3x10
Incline DB press 3x10
Tricep pulldowns/LTE 3x10
Cable lateral raises 3x10

>Day 4 - Pull
DL 531
Chinups 3xF +Pulldowns 3x8
Rows 3x8
1arm DB rows 3x10
Reverse cable crossovers / facepulls 3x10-5
Curl variation 3x10 (hammer atm)
Rack Pulls + hold

I'm working on my weak chinups/pullups, hence the extra volume.
ab work everyday, stretch daily and run 3 times per week

thanks, great advice

Thinking of putting deadlifts on a different day and I need to add cable face pulls into my pull day list. Gotta get those rear delts.

A:
>Squat 5x5
>Power Clean 5x3
>Abs / Calves / Arms

B:
>Bench 5x5 / Band Pull-aparts 5x20
>Push Press 5x3 / Chinups 5xF
>Abs / Calves

C:
>Deadlift 5x5
>Squat 5x5
>Abs / Calves / Arms

D:
>Press 5x5 / Band Pull-aparts 5x20
>Bench 5x5 / Weighted Chinups 5x5
>Abs / Calves

Based on 5/3/1
>first exercise is 5's progression (5 reps across, not 531 reps and PR set)
>percentages 65-75-85-65-65 % first week, same for second week of the cycle etc
>second exercise is 5x5 FSL (ie. first week 5x65 %)
>Push Press is based off Strict Press Percentages, but the last set instead of the first set (i.e. 85-90-95 depending on the week)
>normal 531 progression, 5 forward - 3 back, with deload week every two cycles

Power Clean before or after Squats?
I'm going to move the accessories into super-/giant-set format over time, to save time and improve conditioning.

bump`

>Power Clean before or after Squats?
What are your long term goals?
I'd do Squats first because you already deprioritize them for DLs on the second leg day
Your routine looks very good on paper, but isn't it very similar to a brosplit? I mean you're hitting squats only once per week

ok guys

A
Squat
Bench Press
Deadlift
Chins

B
Squat
Press
Pendlay Rows
Dips

Is it possible to do chins and dips 3x after everything else is done?

Squats are my main lift for that day, but I've seen it recommended to do explosive exercise as the very first thing.

Right now I'm doing this:
A:
>Squat 3x5
>Press 3x5
>Power Clean 3x5
B:
>Deadlift 1x5
>Bench 3x5
>Weighted Chinup 3x5
Simple Linear Progression

Right now the short term goal until rugby season starts in late september is to get my strength and bodyweight up. (basically "off-season")
Long term goals are to get somewhere between 1.5/2.5/3.5/4.5 and 2/3/4/5 while at most 80kg bodyweight, and to get to ~12% bodyfat and sustain that.
(I'm at 1/1.5/2.5/3 at 75kg and 15%bf now)

>football
In that case you might want to consider this setup
>A
PC 5x3
Deadlift 3x5
Front Squat 5x5
>C
Squat 5x5
RDL 5x5

Btw, 200 kg deadlift at 80 kg, 12% bf from where you are is not very easy to obtain, you definitely can't do it until September. Don't get discouraged, you'll just need another year

>are you progressing
yes. I broke through a stall in my bench when I changed

>why cant you use a program that is tried and tested
Definitely a valid criticism. I often wondered why novice lifters made their own programs. My issue is that most novice programs are too heavy on the squats and too light on upper-body. For example, on SS you only do either 15 or 30 reps of bench per week (same for OHP and chins). I'm doing 45+ reps of each per week. My bench had stalled at 155 on GSLP, but as soon as I upped the volume I quickly moved up to 175 and I'm still adding weight consistently.

I will look around for another routine. My goals are mainly aesthetics , but I would like to hit a 1pl8 OHP and a 2pl8 bench asap. I don't care at all about squatting heavy.

R8 my PPxPPxx (or xPxPxPP, no shit to do on weekends anyway), legs have been decreased cuz they're gross already and I use light weight squats as a warm-up

Push

Flat DB Bench
OHP
Dips
Incline BB bench
Cable/BB flys
Cable Tricep extention

Pull

Deadlift
Pull-ups
Chin-ups
Barbell Row
Variable curls

Compounds - 4-5x5
Others 3x8-10

>long term goals
I don't care when I reach that, it's just a goal I'd like to achieve at some point.

Why those lifts?

bump

Looks pretty solid to me if you dont want to do squats. If I were you, I'd alternate OHP and Bench order, superset dips with facepulls and superset flyes, tricep extensions and (add) lat raises.
Volume looks a bit much on the secondary compounds, maybe I'd do only dips one day and only incline the other day (bench and OHP stay obviously)
>Why those lifts?
Well, most (if not all) intermediate lifting programs have this setup. Instead of having you do conventional DL and squat on the same day, which is unsustainable for volume, you do the main movement first and then a variation that has the most fatigued muscle group out of the equation for the secondary exercise.
Squats fatigue your quads, do you do a DL variation to get some volume in without killing your quads. DLs fatigue your hamstrings and erectors, so you opt for front instead of back squats. It's not like the movements are completely different, and you just want to get some tonnage in.
If you're worried about what percentages to put, a good ballpark is to estimate your TM on RDL/Front squat as about 85% of the main movement's TM
Power cleans are useful for building explosiveness which is necessary for your sport. I recommend PCs on A as you'll be fresher and thus it's the best time to do the most technically demanding exercise. They also serve as a warm up for DLs so hop on those right after.

Look everywhere: TM, 531, GZCL, WS2SB, literally any intermediate strength/hypertrophy UL split. The first two leg day movements always are Squat/SLDL and DL/Front squat, or something similar.

Rate my fullbody 3x a week

A:
DL/Power clean
Bench
Weighted chins
Lat raises
Curls

B:
Squat
OHP
Row
Dips
bodyweight chins
Calf raises

Main lifts 3x5 with proggressive overload (2.5kg a week), accesories 3x8-12

>kingofthegym.com/intermediate-and-advanced-push-pull-legs-split-routine/
Fatigue management looks ok, frequency looks a bit on the low side. If I told you to train OHP only every 5 days, would you think it's enough? If yes, go ham.

Bump

Right.
Well I just took Power Cleans as a Deadlift alternative (instead of RDL, SLDL or simply lighter deadlifts)
And normal (but lighter) squats for the secondary exercise after deadlifts, just because of simplicity.
I guess front squat could be worth considering instead of back squats - especially because I squat lowbar with a very horizontal back angle.

>Well I just took Power Cleans as a Deadlift alternative
I thought so. Power cleans are a very good synergist movement for the deadlift, but they are not that similar. Power cleans are way more quad dominant. The most similar exercise to power cleans I can think of is paused front box squats. You are expected to accelerate an anterior load from a resting state to top speed.
Anyway if your goal is purely aesthetics, drop them. If you want a measurable way to train explosive legs for your sport, keep them.

Could you guys please give this a look?
i made it myself - i am a powerlifter, therefore the high frequency in the basic lifts.
My maxes are 280kg squat, 190kg bench and 270kgx3 deadlift.
- i am wondering if i should incorporate more light days?
thanks !

AND, im sorry if you can't understand it, english isn't my native language - ryg means back exercises for example.

>DOdlOft
LOl
What are overcrop/underkrop sma-something?

Guys please suggest a routine for me to do

1 RM:
Squat 190lbs
Deadllift 350lbs
Bench 220lbs
OHP 130lbs

I want to get stronger, but I don't want to look like shit either.

I've tried Nsuns routine for the past 4 weeks and I've just stalled completely on week 4. Nothing is going up anymore.

Help

Would it be too hard to translate this you fucking ostrogoth

my man, that's a poverty squat. are you eating and sleeping enough? nSuns should be more than enough to push those numbers up. what's your bodyweight?

guys,

I did SS for a while then picked u road cycling.
I did a 2 day whole body thing for a while ( with quite a lot of progress) while cycling and then switched to a 3 day split with a name that I forgot.
it's linear progression and centered around the usual stuff with very little acessiore work and a 5x5 system.

I'm reasonably strong and fit and all the deadlifitng helped me alot with my back.
I'm pretty sick on flats cycling wise due to my legs so that's all fine and dandy.

however physique wise I don't have much to show for.
I'm a small framed guy and barley made it out of dyle mode.

I'd love to add some mass to my upper body, especially shoulders while also keeping up the deadliftig.

any recomendations

also I ride 3-4 times a week 50 - 100 km.
I really enjoyed that the other programs are nice and basic.

any ideas ?

>resonably strong cyclist looking for some >aestethic shoulders.

just add ohp?

I'm might add ,I'm not a competative cyclist or anything, It's my no1 hobby and I enjoy beeing good at it but I have no intention of racing events.
I'm also more an endurance and touring kinda guy

I really don't know much about lifting for asthetic, but shouldn't I do something more focused on hypertorphy and accesoire moves ?
also I do OHP once a week and they're my worst excersise.

not him, but: OHP more frequently (at least twice a week) and increase your volume; do several sets of lateral raises and face pulls every time you go into the gym. don't overcomplicate it. bump up the volume and frequency of whatever is lagging

t. fellow cyclist

I had injured my ankle pretty badly so I didn't squat for a long time, that's why it's so shit.

I'm 175lbs

that sounds just like what I want to hear !

I also have a poverty squat but I'm on a cut and definitely not sleeping enough.
>bench 225×8
>ohp 115×8
>diddly 315×6
>squat 205×6

Upper
- 5x10 Bench
- 4x8 Deadlift
- 3x10 Rows
- 2x10 Pulldowns
- 3x10 Lateral Raises

Lower
- 5x8 Back Squats
- 3x10 Weighted Decline Sit-ups
- 3x10 Romanian Deadlifts
- 3xF Leg Raises

Upper
- 5x10 Press
- 5x10 Pendlay Row
- 3x10 Bench
- 3x10 Pulldowns
- 3x12 Facepulls

Lower
- Repeat

any of you know if lifting while on opiates impacts my training in any way?

doing gslp in op if that matters

>That bench to OHP ratio

how

fair enough - you should still be seeing progress with it, though. how's your diet and sleep? are you doing the 4-day or 5-day variant? are you going by the book or picking your own tier 1 and 2 lifts? what accessories are you doing? have you taken a deload?

Looking for a ~4 day/week strength program

165lb (fat, should be closer to 155)
1RM for OHP/BP/SQ/DL
135/200/260/315

Recovering on Texas Method was very difficult for me, so I'd like to avoid it.
Currently on 5/3/1 periodization bible with higher FSL weights
It's working but I feel it could be faster considering I'm only low intermediate
Any recommendations?
I'm fine with my current split and full body programs

>Currently on 5/3/1 periodization bible with higher FSL weights
>It's working but I feel it could be faster considering I'm only low intermediate
>Any recommendations?
can you be more precise about what you're doing? the associated T-nation articles are long and seem to contain a lot of possible variants

the owner of the gym i go makes some random programs for me every month, its this retarded?
A:Chest and biceps
B:Back and triceps
C:legs and shoulders
ABCABXX
A:
>decline barbell press 2x10 2x8
>hammer press 4x10
>pullovers 4x8
>scott curl 2x10 2x8
>inclined curl 2x10 2x8
>reverse grip barbell curl for forearms 4x10

B:
>barbell row 4x10
>lat pulldown 2x10 2x8
>hammer pull 2x10 2x8
>close grip bench 2x10 2x8
>that thing with cable and triceps 2x10 2x8

C
>one leg press 2x10 2x8
>squats 4x10
>calf press 4x10
>shoulder press 2x10 2x8
>lateral raises 4x10
>front raises with barbell 4x10

i just started lifting and this is my 4th month, is this ok? i look for aesthetics

absolutely, completely 100% retarded

could you explain to me whats wrong with it please? l am dumb as fuck for this things

More or less

ABxCDxx

A
5/3/1 OHP, 5x5 FSL sets (usually this is the lightest work set, done for volume work)
5x10 bench
5x10 row variation

B
5/3/1 Deadlift, FSL
5x10 Front Squat
Core work

C
5/3/1 Bench, 5x5 FSL
5x10 OHP
5x10 Chins (or weighted 5x5)

D
5/3/1 Squat, FSL
5x10 Deadlift
Core work

not him, but stick to an established plan that works. the exercise selection is poor. the volume is absurd(ly little). you're not hitting your hamstrings or rear delts at all. etc.

This is just a fuck ton of arm work
And it's all back to back with no time to rest

What does this man look like exactly?

you think i should get a rest day? i dont feel tired or anything, im only 18. He looks exactly like rippetoe
well im not worried about the specific exercises because i change them every month but do you think i need more volume?

i'm guessing, then, that your scheme for the 5/3/1 sets is:
week 1: 5/5/5+
week 2: 3/3/3+
week 3: 5/3/1+
week 4: 5/5/5
increment and repeat

if so: you can shorten this cycle by just doing
5/3/1+ -> increment and repeat
until such time as you stall, at which point you could lengthen it to
3/3/3+ -> 5/3/1+ -> increment and repeat
etc.; a 4-week cycle for someone who's a new intermediate is far too slow, as you've noted

aside from that: there are some natural accessories you're missing (lateral raises, anything for the rear delts) and you may find that 5x10 on deadlift starts to become untenable as you progress (at which point you may want to put in a pyramid or something in its place), but it looks good

>He looks exactly like rippetoe
Rippetoe is not aesthetic
He's strong especially for his age, so he often gets a pass because of that. No one listens to Rip on diet, aesthetics or recovery because he doesn't know nutrition, doesn't care about looks and has fucked up joints. He's a strength coach
Your gym's owner is obviously not a strength coach

>im not worried about the specific exercises because i change them every month but do you think i need more volume?
never going to make it. you're doing 3 curl variants, 2 times a week, and you have no strength base. for fuck's sake, you're a novice. find an established routine from someone who knows more than you (e.g. GSLP) and stick to that

hows this routine?

I left out facepulls and arm work.
Arm work because it's bullshit, facepulls because I'm dumb

I've also started playing around with heavier 5x5 instead of 5x10 for the accessories
I've also dropped the rest cycle already

Thanks, I guess I just wasn't fully confident in the program and wanted a second opinion

addendum: while others may accuse you of having a vagina if you do this, you may want to replace 5x10 deadlifts with 5x10 sumo deadlifts, just because it's easier on your lower back (and you may find that you prefer it)

I have nothing against sumo
I want to pick up heavy things so if that helps, I'm all in
I guess the closest thing to a bias is it always feels awkward to me. I can never feel fully comfortable or that I'm not going to take my knees off with the bar
That's a good idea though, I've noticed my lower back being fatigued for longer and longer periods lately

press 3x5
squat 3x5
chin-up 3x5

bench 3x5
deadlift 1x5
row 3x5

please respond

If the weights are sets across, it's excellent for a new lifter, won't get you far as an intermediate without some periodization.

What I've found out on sumos is that you can't ever cheat reps and it's real easy to loose perfect form when doing high reps with conventional DLs

AxBxAxx?
What are your current numbers? Bodyweight and 1RMs
What are your goals?

Personally I'd swap squat and deadlift though just to keep poundage more evenly spread

Shoulder injuries and knee injuries. That bench to OHP isn't That different from 1/2
My poverty squat is the real shit though

cheers
yeah
about 74 kg, 5'8
lifts are shite. not sure about 1rms as i'm getting back into lifting after 6 weeks off
goal is fat loss

i like the idea of pressing and squatting together because it means i won't have to obtain a squat rack on the deadlift day

Just do the one in the OP image
It's good
It's tested
It's easy for beginners
Add curls to the end of one day and tricep extensions on another if you really feel the need
You'll make better progress doing that by far
Whoever wrote that program either made it for a VERY specific case that you do not fall into, or they know fuck all about programming

Got it
It's similar to what I started out with when I was losing weight

Depending on how far along your lifts are, recovery while cutting may be difficult.
I was 5'8", 170 and cut down to 140. I maxed out at a 140x5 squat after 3 months because I simply wasn't eating enough. Had I done more volume I may have been able to squeeze out some more progress. If you have beginner lifts or are not as big a bitch as me, you'll be fine

At the very least, it'll bring you up to where you should be very quickly

Literally everything with this is wrong. Absolutely fucking everything. Please don't ever create your own routine again. I can't even critique this because there is nothing to salvage.

Can you guys rate my new routine?
I'm running Candito's Six Week Strength Program combined with Coolicada's PPL. Since Candito's program is arranged into Upper/Lower, I basically do ULxPP. I still progress in Candito's Six Week program but at a slower rate. I also run or do hill sprints on my upper/push days, swim on my leg days, and row on my pull days. I think I've made some strength solid gains so far while also getting some decent aesthetics. Can do 1/2/3/4 for reps.

ahahahaha
for real
aahahahahahahah
gotta confuse the body amirite

>I guess the closest thing to a bias is it always feels awkward to me. I can never feel fully comfortable or that I'm not going to take my knees off with the bar
one piece of advice i've heard (which i think is solid) is that the sumo deadlift ought to be thought of as a two-part lift: pushing with the legs (and maintaining your back angle), and then pulling back at the top of the lift. (it's been observed that conventional lifters who move over often make the mistake of trying to treat the sumo deadlift as a one-part lift, i.e. opening up both at the knee and hip at the same time.) one effect of following this advice: it's (essentially) impossible for the bar to hit your knees on the way up

hi there

how does this look?
muscleandstrength.com/workouts/shaun--s-3-day-muscle-building-split.html

about to start it today. im gonna ignore the days off and just do as times as possible ie not taking weekends off.

Pic related is me after doing this for two months. I feel like I made some decent progress aside from my chest. Stats are 6'1 185 lbs.

you probably outlift everyone in this thread and you are asking for their advice hahaha