Prev thread

prev thread

>Who is /fat/ for?
for /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
calculator.net/body-fat-calculator.html

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

Prev thread is actually

thanks OP, I'm phoneposting and was struggling to find a good fat wojak.

6'3" and just under 220 rn, down 40 some lbs, how much longer do I keep cutting? 170? 180? 190?
Been almost 3 months already.

It's up to you. I'm personally cutting from 265 to 180 lbs (6'4 height).

bump

5'9" Male 82kg

I eat 1500kcal a day with low carb, low fat, high protein macros and in check sodium. Why the fuck am I not hungry. I used to eat 10 times what I eat now, but I feel like I could go even lower without a problem.

because your diet isn't garbage now.

>check sodium
How much sodium is too much? I think i might be talk too much of this stuff.

Just go by daily recommended value. Too much can cause you to retain water.
All the people here that talk about gaining a lot of weight after 1 cheat day and then losing it really fast is because of a spike and subsequent decrease in sodium

For those who made it, are the final 10 kilos the hardest

Because it sure fucking feels like it

Haven't really made it yet, but yeah. I just started maintaining randomly and didn't have the discipline to cut more consistently.

So i just started lifting and eating maintenance instead lol

Do you ever feel like you can feel your fat being chewed up by your body? I used to feel really pudgy all over but after a days lifting the skin starts to feel more taught.

Maybe I'm imagining things.

Fat leaves your body through your breath, so no it's not getting "chewed up".
What you're feeling is a pump.

How does that work?

When you lift your muscles fill with blood and get temporarily bigger.

fat fucks

yo

thats me

>tfw you don't need to use mfp anymore

I went from 370 lbs down to 230 and then just lost all motivation for almost a year.
I finally started eating right again and lost 5 lbs already. Boy, does it feel good to eat right again. I guess the silver lining here is knowing I didn't shove food in my mouth like a hog in that time and gain a ton of weight back like a lot of people apparently end up doing.

>watching the latest GoT where Samwell treats Jorah
There goes my appetite

Hey /fat/ I'm a new poster here. I've been following Eric Berg's videos on YouTube and wondering if they're of any help. I've been getting my body used to eating within a 6-time-frame of which I will only eat two meals and then fasting for the rest of the day. I'm intending to follow through and reduce the time window to one hour. Is this a good way to go about losing weight?

>Just finished week one of C25K
>legs sorta hurt

Its not extreme pain but it was noticable during my run. And it didn't make me want to stop. Is this normal for people who haven't ran in years?

As long as you are eating under your TDEE still it's fine. What you are doing is called Intermittent Fasting.

You'd lose weight if you just ate under TDEE, but some people find it easier with fasting.

Definitely normal. The first week or two are always the worst when it comes to soreness, at least in regards to lifting, not sure about running though since it can be harder on your joints.

You should be fine unless you weigh quite a bit

Ah yes. I just plugged in my meals and I apparently I'm under. I'm eating less in general with this tighter window so I'm probably most likely hitting under my TDEE.

I don't really want to get into calorie counting and constantly plugging in my meals and snacks and recording my walks in MFP. Intermittent fasting seems a lot simpler.

Also on a somewhat related note: Can anybody recommend vaping as an appetite suppressant? I'd like to enjoy something /comfy/ while I'm at my computer shitposting and playing vidya that won't set off a glycemic response and I thought vaping would suit.

>45lbs down and I don't see any progress

when will i start losing inches on my fatass gut

35kg lost. Still more 15kg to go.

We're all gonna make it, bros.

Counting calories is absolutely necessary. It is very easy to go over and if you go over your TDEE it wont matter if you are doing IF. You don't have to do it forever, but if you want to lose weight you need to for a couple months at least in order to get a good idea of different thing's calorie contents.
Don't track walks either, over estimating amount of calories you burn during the day is the number one cause of fatasses thinking they should be losing weight but aren't.

Black coffee is a /comfy/ as it gets

You clearly are losing gut, dumbass. It doesn't happen all at once. It's not like you're gonna lose 100% of your gut once the scale reads 200 lbs or something.

Read the sticky, fat and weight sheds from everywhere in fairly even amounts simultaneously. Your gut will be gone when most of your other fat is gone.

Guys, when I look at myself in the mirror or even a progress pic regularly I get used to seeing that image/perspective and my mind starts making me think I'm not that fat.

It's difficult to explain.

I was videochatting with my friend last night and I saw myself on the video and was like holy shit I am out of shape. I look at myself in the mirror and progress pics every day, but I was still somehow delusional about how out of shape I am. The problem is that when I get used to seeing myself in the mirror or progress pic it's like my mind filters out the out-of-shapeness. When I see myself in a different context/unexpectedly I see myself how others see me and realize that I am much fatter than my mental image of myself.

How do I get around this? I objectively know that I'm fat, but how do I get my mind to change my mental image of myself to a fat person? Like I said, this is a difficult thing to explain, but I'm sure I'm not the only one, right?

I think you're too worried about nothing. Just step on the scales daily and be objective. It sounds like you're just pleased with any progress you've made, which is fine. It should server as motivation to keep it up and look even better.

I've been counted every other day and I'm under. Like... in the realm of 900cals under.

>Black coffee is a /comfy/ as it gets

Black coffee is nasty and bitter and I don't want to stay awake all night. I want something /comfy/ for when I'm at home unwinding. The stimulant affect also seems like it'd increase stress and cortisol which kills the point.

But I might consider some sort of herbal tea.

I don't know what I should eat tonight

>waaaaaa I want to be comfy

Fuck off faggot

Water, green tea

Started at 100 a month back, now down to 96. Seeing results on the scales every week feels great and it's good enough reason to go on. Plus getting on the protein has made me a lot less of a hungry fatass snacker than I used to be.

Just a matter of time ey.

No shit I want to be comfy. It's better than doing some stupid pseudo-Spartan bullshit and then cheating and fucking everything up and then posting pictures of crying fat Wojak.

>he thinks anything we're doing is "spartan"
>he's of the mindset that serious sacrifice is completely impossible
>he thinks that admitting mistakes so that you might learn from them is a negative

Never gonna make it, stop posting

>Black coffee is nasty and bitter and I don't want to stay awake all night.
tfw was a black coffee drinker before I even started weight loss

I feel like when you drink enough coffee it's just the natural final destination. Adding other shit to the mix puts precious seconds between you and your caffeine. Then again I drink dark beers too so maybe I just like bitter things.

Why not just get a good whey flavor? Smooth chocolate is extremely good and filling

>The stimulant affect also seems like it'd increase stress and cortisol which kills the point.

Dumbass

/fat/ btfo lmao

If you are losing weight then just keep doing what you are doing man. Vaping is lame af tho

>working hard and failing on occasion is proof that the entire enterprise is flawed
>therefore I shouldn't work hard at all

>276 to 255

>45lbs down

nigga u math?

>finish voring my protein shake
>still hungry

NO!

That's why you don't drink your calories on a cut

How else to get enough protons though.

Chicken breast and fish.

What if I don't like fish and chicken breast never makes me feel full?

I just do shakes since its easy. I have frozen din dins made that I'm just trying to save.

guess ill just survive off water for now

if you need to consume vast quantities for low calories, and good protein ratio, then go for cottage cheese.

Dyel? Also can you count?

Consensus on honey? Fatty here who managed to cut out all regular soda and energy drinks by going to sugar free. Lost weight. I'm now wanting to kick all forms of soda and energy drinks. Especially after reading into artificial sweeteners.

Im doing well abstaining from drinking diet soda. I replaced it with iced water with a lime/lemon cut up and thrown into the metal bottle I drink out of. However I still work long shifts and need caffeine. I intend to have coffee but sugar is a no. As is other fake sweeteners.

TL;DR would a teaspoon of creamer and teaspoon of honey in my coffee everyday hurt a fatty on a cut?

Don't make a habit of eating honey. Even if you have fastidious oral hygiene, ingesting honey routinely for a long time will cause a shitload of cavities. Learn to take your coffee black or tea unsweetened.

I started at 299 but didn't take pics then

It's still sugar

>bought some new shirts online since I've been going down in size
>just found out I have to sign for them
>my self-esteem is so low from being fat I'm actually dreading meeting some dude for two seconds and scribbling on a paper for him

Really? Never thought of honey as being a cavity causer. Makes sense when you think about it though. It's liquid natural sugar. Alright then. Any coffees you'd recommend that don't taste terrible black?

write a letter that they can leave it behind the door and sign that

>artificial sweeteners
meme. they're not that bad unless you drink gallon per day.

Coffee grinder + whole beans + french press/aeropress

Just get anything that's not a powdery fine grain. Typically the fine grain coffees are the cheap ones that taste like shit.

I used to be the same way. Don't worry, it should get better over time.

Also, if this is USPS and they leave you the orange slip, you can go online and schedule them to redeliver the item again the next day and leave the signed notice in the mailbox. It at least worked for me.

Didn't know you could do that. Thanks.

>feel too depressed to go to the gym
Tomorrow is a new day :^)

After 2 weeks of bouncing between 248 and 250, I finally weighed 246 this morning.

I usually have this stuff. I change up the flavors.

NO!
Go to the gym.
Even for 10 minutes. If you'll feel down after 10 minutes then leave.

How does one fix the always hungry problem? I wasnt this way when i started. After cutting calories from 2000-2600 to 1500-1800 for 3 weeks and inceeasing my exercise output even if i eat a full meal i still have the urge to eat. I take a full stack of a vitamins and eat nutriet rich food. Does anyone else have this issue?

I went the day after I got dumped by the first person I ever loved.

You have no excuse.

All right I'll go this evening.

I try to busy myself with water or gum.

you're supposed to be hungry when you're cutting dufus. just because you're a little hungry doesn't mean you're about to starve to death. you're eating less calories than you need, just drink some water/coffee/tea and suck it up.

I just drink zipfizz

Fiber. Lay off any carbs that are not vegetables. It's anecdotal, but I notice I have less cravings when I don't eat bread, rice, etc.

Im really hungry, even if i eat a 1000 cal meal. Something like that 2 months ago would keep me full for 5+ hours, now its like 30 minutes

It sounds like your metabolism is getting faster. Try to eat less at time but eat a lot more frequently.

>he thinks anything we're doing is "spartan"
Hence why I preceded it with "pseudo-" It's mostly the shitty attitude my wanting comfy.
>he's of the mindset that serious sacrifice is completely impossible
What sacrifice? I should forgo flavored air because it will net me some tangible benefit in my goal of weight-loss? This is bullshit Spartanism I was talking about.
>he thinks that admitting mistakes so that you might learn from them is a negative
And you think that people are only doing that shit for learning and not just getting (You)s from other people that cheated and want to comfort each other.

That's the spirit :') we're gonna make it, bro

Improving yourself isn't supposed to be comfy. Why do you think there are so many obese people? Fitness is the harder way and fatness is the easy way. If you really want to change, you will learn to love the harder path

I'm on my period, and I tend to crave junk food. How do I prevent this without getting godawful stomach cramps?

eat smaller meals throughout the day, why keep doing 1000cal meals if they're not working? be smart about your food choices, protein fills you up more.

Same shit happened with me. Such a good feeling after being unsure of what you're doing is even helping/worth it. I'm proud of you, dude.

>Improving yourself isn't supposed to be comfy. Why do you think there are so many obese people? Fitness is the harder way and fatness is the easy way. If you really want to change, you will learn to love the harder path

Shut the fuck up. I could just as easily going on an outright water fast. I've done it before and I can do it again. I'm not because I don't want to shock my system and I want to be properly adapted. I'd be going harder for nothing. I could train every day and not let my muscles recover and degrade them.

This is what I mean by pseudo-Spartan bullshit. I'm not here to temper my soul. I'm here to get fit.

Cool platitudes, bro. Don't really give a shit.

He's right though. You won't change in the long run at all if you're not willing to make sacrifices for your health.

I'd say if you want junk food, perhaps making baked sweet potato fries would help with that. It's a more starchy food, which we often start craving, but it's not as many calories as regular potatoes, has a boatload of vitamin A and it can help with that need for something sweet and salty at the same time.

I usually just try to eat a lot of veggies. I made some homemade hummus and dipped red pepper, celery and cucumbers in.

holy fuck I'm such a fat brainlet. I I thought the little scooper that came with my protein was half a serving so I'd do 4 scoops (I thought it was two)

I don't even know why I thought that, my brother asked me why I used four servings after we had drank

You know typically with dietary supplements, vitamins, medicine, that kinda thing, it pays to read the box...

At least you got a fuckload of protein, I guess.

keto and intermittent fasting

You can see obvious differences within this pic, keep it up!

> Smaller, more frequent meals
> Get carbs & Fiber from veggies only, no rice or anything like that (This will cause you to eat A LOT more food in order to attain your daily allotted amount.)
> Eat leaner meats (Fish/Chicken) so you'll have to eat more of it

Fuck off then, fatty

>tfw losing a lb or more a day of water weight
>feels good but I know it'll stall soon, don't know when
I wish it could just continue on at this pace bros

officially down 40 pounds, 130 days after starting.

253 -> 213. gotta keep going

How big are you? How big does someone have to be to drop that much water weight that fast?

Lost 198lbs (6'4 392lbs to 194lbs)

Sitting at 213lbs and bloated. Wanna get back down to 200lbs but diet has been hard while trying to learn front end web development (mostly Javascript). No excuses. I just don't have the same willpower I used to have because I got too comfy for too long.

Anyone else here code?