Was Veeky Forums always this toxic?

I'd like to think it wasnt but I'm not sure if I'm remembering how it actually was or just the good parts.

harden the fuck up faggot

It used to have some pretty intelligent banter pre-2013. All the good trips are gone, too.

generals ruined the board, like they ruin all boards

the /r9k/ invasion happened a couple months ago and Veeky Forums has never been the same since even zyzz posting has died what a shame loved this board miss the CBT threads been seeing less and less of an

Nah it got worse.
There used to be alot of banter and negativity, but it was mostly in good fun, and people gave out advice and encouragement.

It's degenerated over time though. I don't know when it happened, but I left in 2014 and came back in 2016, and man, was it bad. Now there's daily threads telling you to give up, that nothing you do will ever be good enough because you were born wrong, it's downright malicious, and there's less and less good advice and interesting threads.

Veeky Forums went from "we're all gonna make it" to (unironically) "CHAD fucks your MOM and ONEITIS while you LIFT because it's all about the

Oldfag reporting in. This entire website has always been a wasteland of total garbage with the occasional good post snuck in. user posting lends itself to the same tired bait threads and absolutely retarded questions.

plg is the only place that has a clue about lifting on this shitty board

I only started browsing fit like 3 years ago, it's got so shit I ditched Veeky Forums entirely and decided to go see how much of a circlejerk reddit actually is

Last 6 months have just been people from r9k coming here to talk their usual shite about 'normies, chads and cucks'.

This is a fucking health and fitness board. Get your self hating shit outta here, dude. The only thread that seems to be exactly as it used to be is the Powerlifting generals, because everyone there talks stats and that's too boring for the trolls. I click on the female skincare general here and all I see is "go fuck yourselves whores, I bet you're not even girls lol".

Honestly I'm just tired of going into and thread and subconsciously counting the posts till I read the word nigger. At least on reddit it seems like the majority of them actually lift

its full of asperger and literal psychopaths who get mad at you. people unironically sperg out at height and use words like neck theory
there isnt a single thread about lifting outside the generals maybe

yea i feel the same, what happened to trying to better yourself and help others, this board's been having an influx of negative retards just trying to drag everyone else down because they have nothing in their lives worth living for

In no particular order
>categorize and centralize relevant content
>Why has this board gone to shit
>asking this question in the dead of summer
>2013 r9k is realizing how fucked they are so are attempting assimilation as they're only chance of not dying virgins
>2014-2017 r9k spillover thanks to that
>/lgbt/ stalks good trips away
>supermong era makes tripping legally retarded which is a +\- and subjective
>YouTube fitness wanna be a celebrity faggots are the scourge, indecipherable between shills and fantwinks
>2010/2011/2012 losing interest or draw
>goob left
>frank left
>that one faggot who went on Tosh.0 drove countless normtroopers here
>femanon general
You can't say girls are here, because then you get all those thirsty faggots in droves who bring nothing to the table, literally whom thought this was a good idea
>/pol/ or alternatively the championing of non-degeneracy, believing a virgin wife is somehow better, and that you yourself are an ubermensch because you've never done drugs or are generally boring
Almost forgot
>irredeemable /v/irgins making their way here once they think they'll get laid at plate bench as they spin their pens in public, and lose hate for sports things, because again they think it will finally get them laid
Also last but certainly not least Vitamin Avenger/Archive Guy/whatever. I was in the thread he posted his folder screen capture in. It was weird. Like, your Bro telling you he Jacks off your school ID or something, which, whatever, live your life, but then he's like, 'naw I mean I cut it up and ejaculate the shreds after shoving them in my urethra' and you're like damn dude at least you aren't marblecake also the game praise candleja-

I agree,this board is full of wackos who think they are doing nothing wrong when they post. Fortunately, that's not how the real world is and it makes them so angry and depressed that they retreat here so they can shitpost all day long.
When their parents finally kick their sad,pathetic asses out of the house they will either sink or swim.

The sticky is a point in the right direction and 1 in every 100 threads is a gem. Outside of that I think Veeky Forums was ruined as soon as /r9k/ and /pol/ decided to constantly bitch about women and religion.

This place is useless to me now, I lift more, look better and know more than 90% of this board at this point. The vast majority of what I learned was from books and useful youtube channels. Veeky Forums in general is just a way to pass time when I'm bored waiting for something.

Exactly, this board has no useful information besides the sticky. It's sad that it happened that way. I was on here a while ago and it was filled with alot of good threads and useful tips.

Tbh, reddit is less of a shithole than this place

I used to come for the bants and discussion, I mean sure it was mostly shit but there were biggest of gold. Now it's all just /r9k/ crabs in a bucket and people too insecure to leave posting daily in the CBTs. Oh and 8 "why do you lift" threads that are all about Hitler after 10 posts.
/r9k/ and /pol/ are incredibly detrimental to this board.

You have to go back.

Significantly. I went there to see what all the fuss was about and their bants is surprisingly decent, there's way more original content than here and approximately one person in 50 is a troll, whereas here you can't hold a conversation without 3 kids popping up to call you a nigger because it's the naughtiest word they know

Honestly look at the catalogue now. It's 75% chad, cuck, whatever fucking meme threads. It's not fitness related in any way whatsoever

Yep.
And I'm not leaving.

>plg is the only place that has a clue about lifting on this shitty board
That place has been a weak tranny worship circlejerk for years.

/pol/ has ruined this board along with most other boards desu. It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't spergs who can't take jokes

>implying fitness is only about lifting heavy weights

Kys powerlifting elitist

Veeky Forums is still the best board you fucking crybabies

it's just been fagged up a little with women and reddit and /pol/ transplants

If you;re not lifting heavy weights you are WASTING YOUR TIME

Lifting heavy with multi-joint compounds is the best way to get big and strong as a natural.

>bodybuilding
worthless unless you juice

>running general
everyone is stupid, and slow, and the general is always dead

>cbt
for DYEL's, fraud, and homos

>bwg
more like lol

Everything else is some mishmash of manlet threads, rk9 posting, and pol.

At least powerlifting is marginally less retarded.

/plg/ is full of trips who post about their regular competition and are generally responsive to questions. There are some dicks who shit up the threads but it's by far the most educated and experienced general on here.

/r9k/ and /pol/ are destroying this board

>Lifting heavy with multi-joint compounds is the best way to get big and strong as a natural.

That's a complete meme

Deadlifts are shit for hypertrophy

>toxic
Go back to plebbit you fucking cunt

>That's a complete meme
You're 17 years old and 140 lbs.

>Deadlifts are shit for hypertrophy
If you catback pull your max every once in a while, then yes, it is shit for hypertrophy.

Multi-joint compounds are more than just deadlift. You can build an impressive physique with just squats, overhead presses, dips, incline bench, barbell rows, push presses.

Spend time getting stronger at big boy exercises, it helps.

lmaoing at ur life bro

Agreed. /pol/ more than r9k lately

I started noticing a strong r9k influence about 5-6 months ago and it hasn't gone away, not sure why they decided to come here so suddenly.

That's because most of them are people who came in during the election, took alt-right posting and assumed it was the universal Veeky Forums culture, and began metastisising to every other board.
They honestly believe that "lol Hitler did nothing wrong, deus vult" is a good punchline for every conversation. Goddamn it's annoying and repetitive and unoriginal.

I really wish the mods would just start dropping the hammer on >Chad threads and >face/height/frame. Seriously, what is that contributing to any discussion?