21 hours into a 72 hour fast

21 hours into a 72 hour fast

Who >wit me?

Why 72 hours? How will you be breaking it?

fruit

I had a shitty week nutritionally last week and need to catch up.

27 hours

Currently at 25 hours.

>72 hours
and thats supposed to be tough?

I haven't eaten anything in 2 weeks. You're a bitch

What's the point?

Why wouldn't you just eat something with very low caloric content to at the very least quell the hunger pangs? Eat some cottage cheese or something, man.

Because then it's not a fast?

that just makes the hunger worse you silly goose

Nah. You can get a full sensation off of lettuce if you eat enough.

i don't know what "a full sensation" is, but you've clearly never tried fasting

You will feel as though you are full. This tells the brain to stop sending "feed me" signals. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

yeah i realised that after i pressed post

but seriously, you don't just keep getting hungrier when fasting. the hunger comes in waves, and it becomes easier and easier to ignore.

Yeah, I've done it. Eventually, you just don't feel hungry anymore. I remember watching this really interesting documentary about this sort of thing. When you do that to yourself, your brain chemistry actually changes and appetite increases to make you eat.

All sorts of things like appetite, tastes for food, etc increase. I don't know the neurological specifics but I do remember that it actually makes food taste better. Palatabilty was the word they used. It's interesting shit but one thing about it was that once you do it, it's a permanent change in the brain and you never go back to baseline. You'll always be susceptible to that yo-yo appetite if that makes sense.

Really cool shit, man. We're still wired for when food was scarce and bountiful supplies might not come about for a while.

Is there a difference between true fasting and eating food, like celery, that has a caloric gain of 0?

are threads like these just an attempt to troll people into doing stupid shit to their body??

>eat carbs
>insulin spikes
>insulin comes down
>ghrelin released
>feel hungry again
>body enters starvation mode instead of fat burning ketosis of a fast
>burns muscle instead of fat because now your body wants to preserve fat rather than burn it

this is my understanding of a fast and why you don't eat during it. i do intermittent fasting and have one keto meal a day. you will literally only feel ravenous hunger on a fast once your body has depleted its fat stores.

Let me guess, you eat 6 meals a day to keep your metabolism high?

I eat when I feel like eating. I don't count my meals or keep track of calories/macros and I feel and look great imo.

Is ghrelin released from lettuce?

Im 24 hours in a 3 day fast too, green tea and water, stay strong.