Are there any supplements (i.e. vitamins, minerals...

Are there any supplements (i.e. vitamins, minerals, NOT drugs) that are scientifically proven to be nootropic (boost brain power / memory / concentration)?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3E7hkPZ-HTk
examine.com/supplements/l-carnitine/
examine.com/supplements/l-carnitine/#summary4-6
infowarsstore.com/brain-force.html
health.harvard.edu/mental-health/the-power-of-the-placebo-effect
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No but getting off all forms of social media helps a lot in regards to concentration.

youtube.com/watch?v=3E7hkPZ-HTk

1. Sleep
2. Being fit
3. Read books, both fiction and non-fiction
4. Meaningful relationships
5. Coffee

I think it's called..... "reading a book".

>could be 100% in error
>t. literacy

What, so reading more in general will increase your ability to concentrate and remember things?

Ur brain is a muscle. Excercise it bro.

Magnesium is good for getting rid of anxiety. That will go a long way for a lot of people.

I've taken Alex Jones' Brain Power for about 6 months and now I can drag small objects across the desk with my mind

this is a good post

>Sleep
8 hours a night, go to bed and wake up at the same time every day. This is very important

>Being fit
not even going into detail on this

>Read
try and read a book a week for a year. Doesn't matter what to an extent, don't read pure trash exclusively though

>Meaningful relationships
I'd change this to being social. seek out opportunities to interact with people. Relationships will form on their own if you do this. Don't go a day without talking to people for at least 30 minutes. This is important for mental health.

>coffee
not important

I would add
>Diet
eat the right number of calories for your goals, ideally getting them from grass fed beef, wild caugh salmon, whole eggs, fresh farm foods, green leafy vegetables, "slow carbs" ie NOT sugar

forgot to add my main point;

if you aren't doing these things but taking supplements, you're "stepping over a hundred dollar bill to pick up a nickel" in the words of someone more smart than me

Interestingly I used to have to sleep 8 hours per night but since beginning working out and eating properly I know only get 6-6.5 a night

a long time ago i took a true nootropic complex of piracetam + choline. piracetam is a drug and illegal in the states, but choline is a naturally producing chemical (liver produces it) that you also get small amounts from in some foods (eggs) and is clinically proven to improve cognition and memory

im not sure how significantly it improves it because it has been a while. but when i was taking that complex i was the fucking smartest ive ever been. it was absurdly stupid how well i performed in class. my memory improved INSANELY. idk how much choline was to do with that but i do know choline is usually paired with those true -racetam nootropics

Phenibut, just look how calm and concentrated Big Lenny is.

Coconut oil is breddy good

No shit.
>vitamins, minerals
A varied diet?
>NOT drugs
you're massively missing out on modafinil
anyway,
ALCAR reduces symptoms of autism and does all kind of goods to the body and brain. Similarly to moda, it may help in addressing CNF and therefore it may rise attention and cognitive capabilites. The effects are obviously way smaller.
>examine.com/supplements/l-carnitine/
>examine.com/supplements/l-carnitine/#summary4-6

No, its not.

adderall

Ginkgo biloba, b12, coQ10

ITT: a bunch of people that have never tried nootropics.

>just sleep 8 hours and read books bro

what the fuck is this garbage?

in the real world people have depression, addictions, stress, chemical deficiencies (follic acid, magnesium, vit D, etc), traumas, economical issues that lead to bad eating or bad tendencies, low self-esteem and so on and on and on.

my family has a predisposition to high blood-pressure and I do not handle stimulants well (get hyper and leads to extreme anxiety). even after losing 77 pounds, lifting 4x a week, sleeping 9 hours a day, doing meditation every day for 3 years, getting a new, easier job, dating, going back to reading daily, going back to my drawing hobby, taking multis + magnesium + zinc and doing 16:8 IF to take care of insulin, I STILL would feel lethargic 90% of the day. I couldn't just take caffeine because I would get suicidal anxiety, and other stimulants had no effect (taurine, guarana, etc).

My bloodwork was pristine. Testosterone better than average, even. So medication was the way to deal with it... instead I went with something without side-effetcs (unlike the adderalls of the world): caffeine with l-theanine. All the positives of caffeine without the anxiety, jitters, crash or loss of sleep.

if you're going to reccomend some BS line about 8 hours sleep, think for a second.

Learning chess in a good way or Go will improve your mental work capacity

Reading too, but if you read stupid shit you can become even more stupid

I was taking nootropics two years ago. Did it for about 3-4 months. Didn't notice any results. Wasted about $300 over that course of time. There are no quick fixes. There are no miracle pills.

>b-but my one special case proves this is bad advice!

you think for a second, for 99% of people reading this looking for some "magic pill" that will fix their shitty habits/sleep/brainfog/whatever, fixing sleep, reading, having a schedule, eating right will fix all of that. You just happened to (sensibly) try all of that first.

Why did you try that before "caffeine with l-theanine"?

obviously because you knew that that should have fixed it, you just happened to be an exception

>metaphors hamper my autism
it's not *literally* a muscle, but it's trainable *like* a muscle. Neuroplasticity is a thing.

>modafinil
>adderall
>ALCAR
the only sensible "supplement/drug-induced" suggestions so far.
Other than that, the usual common wisdom applies, along the lines of

Omega 3

lel

acid mushrooms phenibut nicotine caffeine amphetamine salts fish oil

not all at once

Go take some adderal you retarded faggot

>someone more smart
Yeah I didn't think smarter was a word either.
>listening to this fuckin guy

man, omega-3 doesn't really improve cognition, no more than supplementing something to a deficient individual. and a DHE/EPA deficient individual should supplement omega fats in certain proportions to have some bland effect.
go snort some bach flowers, retardo

english is my 19th language

>proper speaking on a taiwanese fish market board

unironically:
infowarsstore.com/brain-force.html

>unironically

then you're just stupid

have you tried it?

>in the words of someone more smart than me
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the bar is pretty low to begin with.

Shitposting doesn't make you any less stupid.

Be nice, children.

This. Gonna add magnesium to the list. Must get a hold of some of this phenibut I keep reading about.

It is you have to do a lot of head bangs to improve memeory

I can tell you about my experience, but I'm pretty sure people are going to talk shit about it.

1. Switching your die to keto
Your brain works with ketones way better than with sugar. Started with IF, was kinda suprised of the effect, read about it and switched to Keto just to try it. Since then I'm on Keto.

2. Coffee and L-Theanine
Great combination, legal, not dangerous. Some people it does not work for them, so you have to try it.

3. Modafinil
Shit is kinda scary if you ask me. Only tried it once and believe me if I would work in some field where you need to be focused all the time I would take it. Lots of wall street guys use it. But it is a drug.

I can confirm the first and third worked for me, but I do not drink coffee

>Phosphatidylserine.

You do realise that this is extremely potent in the first few weeks but then dies down and doesn't show up in a double blind study?

health.harvard.edu/mental-health/the-power-of-the-placebo-effect

Performix makes this shit called TCP (Timed Cognitive Priming) that helps tremendously with focus. I take it before work, and I get more done