/femfit/ - Female Fitness General

This general is for the purpose of centralizing female presence in the board,
create a community-based advice/critique/support system built for femanons and by femanons,
where anons are free to participate too.
If this is your first time posting and you'll be asking for advice, please consider doing the following things
to advance your case :
>read the sticky, and explain in what way it hasn't given you the information needed, to justify for
your need to make this post.
>check out the imgur with the lists of books on the topic you're interested in. Read the ones specific
to your problem/question and if you don't find a solution/answer, come ask then.
>post stats that are relevant to what you're asking (height, weight, body fat %, current nutrition plan,
current objective, current exercise regimen,etc...)
>post a recent picture if you're looking for physique advice such as how to isolate a muscle group, or
what to work on given your genetics and proportions, or a body fat % estimate.
>state clearly what it is you're looking for in terms of information, and be as precise as possible.
>try and be concise too, it'll really help other people to not have to sift through unrelated, unasked for
stuff such as your personal life stories, and generally all the fluff we don't need to hear about.

Disclaimer : The sticky is a work in progress. We need as much information we can get. Feel free to post
new content to be added to the dropbox and request links to be added to the pastebin. We are going to need
a FAQ, but I'll leave that to make after a couple threads in, where we have a better idea of the general
enquiries most femanons have.

The essential links :
>Sticky : pastebin.com/1yggKWEH (embed)
>Ebooks : imgur.com/a/Qxxlq
>Infographics : imgur.com/a/54aqI

Other urls found in this thread:

chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html?m=1\
press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
breakingmuscle.com/healthy-eating/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/02/just-because-you-have-vagina.html
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2011/01/just-because-you-have-vagina-
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

FEMANONS PLEASE POST YOUR BODIES AND SNAPCHATS

You know, for "encouragement".

I want to get bigger legs, but nothing is working!
I am 5ft 6, I go to the gym 5 times a week - been going for 5 months now - and still not seeing progress.

Eat more

Have you tried Starting Strength?

T H I N N

>go to the gym 5 times a week
betcha didn't read the sticky.

also... inconvenient shadow or do you need to shave?

are you a trap? you're not eating enough and/or not increasing weights like you should. if what you're squatting is too easy or you don't feel like you're actually having to try, you're not lifting enough.

D-do you have a penis?

a lot of it could be due to genetics. are you taking creatine? doesn't solve your problem at all, but the fluid retention could help to make you look bigger :)

eat more.

make sure your squats are atg

Do you have a tattoo on your armpit? Not smart.

Don't go five times a week, let your body rest, that's when it builds muscle.

Someone explained it to me this way and it might be complete bullshit but it illustrates the point: when you lift weights your muscles tear, when you rest the torn area is repaired and expanded which causes the increase in size. If you don't rest (i.e go 3 times a week) you're not giving your body the opportunity to develop the area.

Also, if you're able to really go x5/week you're likely not pushing yourself hard enough.

S T I C C

I go 6x on a PPLPPLx, are you suggesting this is too much? I've been slowly but steadily progressing...

EAT
MORE
BIRD
TITS

To gain mass you must eat at a calorie surplus while you are lifting. Also a lot of protein.

These
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html?m=1\
>press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
>breakingmuscle.com/healthy-eating/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
>been going for 5 months now - and still not seeing progress.
And lift heavier
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/02/just-because-you-have-vagina.html
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2011/01/just-because-you-have-vagina-

I've been cutting for a little over a year, lost a bunch of weight but I hit a plateau and im struggling to keep at it. Should I just eat at maintenance and lift for a while, or keep cutting?

5'3", 130-140lbs (keep forgetting to weight myself at the gym)
Squat 70 4x10
Deadlift 70 4x10
Incline bech press 30 4x10
Assisted pull ups -50 4x10
I was running for 30 minutes but it's super boring, I'm considering cutting back to running 10 minutes plus 10 minutes on the stair master.

Any advice?

Side view. On my phone, so this one's probably sideways too.

>not wanting to be fast

Recalculate TDEE.
Reinstitute deficit.
Change your program.

Please have sex with me

I started working out now my penis is bigger! You told me this wouldn't happen! I'm afraid my boyfriend will leave me because my penis is getting less feminine :( WHAT DO I DO? HOW DO I REVERSE THIS? The worst part is that the shower gay has taken notice of me now, and he won't stop trying to nibble my ear and give me reach arounds. I've explained to him SEVERAL TIMES NOW that I'm totally straight but he just won't listen! What a situation I'm in, I think it might have been the protein powder that did this to me, because of the keto sterons inside of it : / any thoughts? I need some help ~BADLY~ XoXo

It's a little known fact that gunpowder is an antidote for unwanted benis gains.

>lifting for 5 months
>no progress

You might have to actually start working out.

>boring cardio

Have you tried an elliptical or rowing machine yet? They're the only machine I can do an hour+ on and not get bored with.

They're also really easy to close your eyes and zone out on, which helps on days I'm not really feeling it but need to do it anyway.

I was also at a similar point in plateauing (5'8, 140lbs, 1200 cut) and bumping up my cardio to an hour, as miserable as it sounded initially, is what helped me move on down the road to 136.

routine?
Try HIIT instead of LISS.

Threadly reminder, ladies.

for how long did you lift before you stopped getting your "noob gains"? and during the noob gains, how often did you increase the weight?

i should be able to increase the weight for each movement each time i work out, right?

and how many reps is best for hypertrophy? been doing like 8 reps hip thrusts. should i bump it up to 12 and lower weight a bit?

read Practical Programming for Strenght Training, everything you asked is explained point by point there. It's organized in chapters, you'll find what you need fairly easily!

I've tried the elliptical, but it felt like I wasn't pushing as hard. I think I must not have been doing something right, it just felt like weird flailing regardless of resistance. Is there something that helps with that, or is it just consistency?
I haven't used a rowing machine in years. I didn't like it back then, but that means jack all, I'll have to give it a shot.

I was doing c25k, I finished the program, so I was running the entire stretch, is that still LISS? How do I switch to HIIT with that? Run faster in intervals?

Some ellipticals have incline AND resistance settings, which is what I like about them. The inline gives your movement more "purpose" and might get rid of that flailing feeling you have about them.

I'm surprised you didn't include a picture of your cats

Females who get into proper lifting is awesome, But 80% of them do the same mistake.
They do a bro-workout. where most of the volume is focused on the upper body, and not the lower body.
I see so many females with good definition in their upper body, but their legs and ass looks barely beyond beginner level.

Do a program which have more lower body volume than upper body.

Get off of our board
>>Tumblr

Its the virgin effect, as the male virgin subconsciously avoids all lifts which they think might have them appear more desirable for women, the female virgin subconsciously avoids all lifts which might attract male attention.

instead of keeping with the ABC routines i've just decided to stick with one routine i do every lifting day. this is because some of the movements were more fun than others, and i could tell that some were working me harder. so like why stick with the ones i didn't like as much and didn't do as much for me?

but like anyway lol. what does femfit think about my routine? particularly the reps. goal is big butt and nice legs before overall strength. what do you think?? :P

A1: A1: Barbell hip thrusts 3x 8
A2: Pull ups 3x 3
B1: Barbell box squats 3x 5
B2: Barbell floor press 3x 6
Deadlift 3x 6
Band seated abduction 2x 10
Ab wheel 1x 8
Dumbbell side bend 1x 15 (each side)

>get a load of this virgin

lift heavier, and add a caloric surplus that is mostly protein

You'll have to recalculate your maintenance first, then probably eat at maintenance for a while while improving your lifts before continuing to cut.

As for boring cardio, sometimes I listen to a show on netflix while running on the treadmill, you could switch to swimming as well, which is less boring and more difficult. Or increase intensity.

Women, regardless of virginity, spend their whole lives trying to thwart unwanted male attention, so some of what you said makes sense

Who are you quoting?

Welp my trainer I was working with can't do my schedule anymore so I am on my own now.

We have been doing HIIT twice a week for the last 6 months. During that time I have gone from 31% BF to 25% BF and I want to keep this up.

I was thinking of starting Strong Curves, but I only have some dumbbells that go up to 50lbs (25lbs ea) is it worth it to do this program with just dumbbells? Or should I just keep going with HIIT workouts?

Joining a gym for heavy weights is not an option

Anyone else train pullups? Are any of you doing weighted pullups at the moment? I'm finding it difficult even though I can do a lot of normal pullups, just 5lbs drastically reduces the number I can do.

>stair master
Don't be a wuss with it, you can get some good calories burned for your time invested if you keep it at a good intensity. 10 minutes is a good timeframe for it too.
>10 min
>an intensity that burns from 250-300 depending on your weight
>potentially repeat 4 times =1k+ burned

My only peeve is that some gyms notoriously just have four stair climbers, two of them are shit, and sometimes they get hogged by bitches who do low intensity shit for like an hour.

>t. A dude
So take that with a grain of salt, I guess.

can you buy like a barbell and stands and things to use at home? my understanding is that without a barbell you can't get very far as far as strength and aesthetics go. might be wrong though idk.

why can't you gym?

Question: Are women attracted to the male version of a Braaphog
I have big ass and thicc laygs no thigh gap
Thanks in advance

I live on the 2nd floor, a rack and barbell isn't something I can do in my house. I have a small home set up with dumbbells, bench and an elliptical now, but nothing heavy.

> why can't you gym?

Cheapest gym here costs about $80/month unless I join Planet Fitness which is about 40 miles away. I was doing a labor trade with my trainer for website/bookkeeping work in exchange for 1-2 sessions a week. So I got a really good deal working with her. Unfortunately for me, she has other clients who pay her that take priority so we have to stop our training.