What's the first fad diet you remember when you first started working out?

What's the first fad diet you remember when you first started working out?
>30/30/40

>paleo
>just fuck my shit up senpai

Leangains was the one I remember everyone getting stiff over when I first started lurking Veeky Forums

IIFYM

vegan.
fell for the meme and ended up with acid reflux
fuck tofu and tomatoes

That's not a fad, just common sense

It's a good diet if you want to lose weight extremely slowly while constantly battling your body.

Its a good diet if you eat healthy foods like you're supposed to.

Its people who bastardise the meaning of it to mean "I can eat junk food and still lose weight" then wonder why it isn't actually working.

>battling your body
I don't know what you mean by that

Tried this with my brother back in high school. It didn't end well.

>he fell for the CICO meme

ABC diet

>junk foods have magic calories that somehow defy the laws of thermodynamics, thus disproving CICO
Wow, when are you publishing that paper?

Well, it wasnt a diet per say, but during my Freshman year of college, I wanted to be taller and I read that people can still grow up to an inch or 2 by 25yo, with the right diet. Namely plenty of milk and whole grains.

So every day, I proceeded to drink 3 glasses of chocolate milk and got my "grains" from that Quakers Maple and Brown Sugar oatmeal.

My freshman 15 ended up being more like a freshman 30.

I have done IF for 8 years on accident, literally never hungry for breakfast, usually have late lunch (2pm), dinner between 7pm and 9pm. Tried keto meme when starting to work out, only really helped me stop craving sugar.

Carrots and water

Back in 2008 I still believed in the "eat 6-9 meals per day to keep your metabolism going" broscience. It can't really hurt you as long as you're not over- or undereating, but it's still broscience.

12,500 calories in 7 weeks.
~1785/week
~255/day

I wanted to be pretty :(

Spoilers: did not get pretty, ruined life for a few years

3 day military diet

>Lost goal weight but felt like utter shit all the way through

Yeah
>kcal in/kcal out
How embarrassing

>ruined life

How so?