Did he deserve everything he got?

Did he deserve everything he got?

>wasn't executed

No

He was actually a hero and by his actions he spare countless of french lives (also french jews lives) he was also the hero of Verdun.

>He saved French Jews by sending them to the work camps

No , he's like nolan batman ( the dark knight )

Please compare the number of Jews alive after the war in France and let's say Romania or Poland or other country.

I would also point out that De Gaulle actually like the German more than Pétain who had a dislike for them (ww1+catholicism)

>still falling for this revisionism

Vichy France adopted anti-Semitic laws on its own.

>Pardonned so he could avoid death penalty
>Died at a very old age on a house resort

Doesn't really look like he got much.

And yet many more Jews survived in France than in other occupied country.
Pétain also "resisted" with his admiral.

He deserved to face a firing squad for cowardice.
He never hesitated to send soldiers to this fate for this crime, so why did he escape it ?

>Romania

Romanian Jewry survived the Holocaust virtually intact you moron. You were more likely to survive the war as a Jew living under Antonescu than Petain.

Because De Gaulle is not a hearthless piece of shit and he understood why Pétain did what he did.

>Muh fashwave image
Surely this is a balanced and non-partisan post!

A higher rate than in Eastern Europe, but this doesn't change the fact that the Vichy government passed anti-Semitic laws without even being ordered to by Germany, and that Vichy police actively participated in rounding up Jews. There is no evidence that Petain did anything to save Jews.

You have to make a difference between French Jews and other Jews otherwise it don't make sens
I don't like when innocent men are slandered.

You're thinking of Bulgaria. About half of Romania's Jewish population was killed.

We all understand.
He was a demoralized old man who saw a chance to take over the republic to implement his personal political ideology and took it.
We also understand the deserters from WWI, and they got shot.

>I don't like when innocent men are slandered.
Dindu muffin: The argument

And Pétain, the "hero of Verdun", ordered french soldiers in the battle who refused to go out of the trenches to be killed to be thrown out of the ground and left to die.

He had to choose between the slaughter of frenchman and the slaugher of foreign Jews and communist, since he was a right wing catholic it was not a very hard choice to make
Other more radical than him got executed, Darnand and Doriot (one was killed by a airplane raid )

From my point of view he dindu nuffin indeed, but even from a non antisemite point he dindu nuffin that bad.

So like every commander of Europe ? The stake of WWI and WW2 were not the same.

>foreign Jews

They had been living in France for centuries, they weren't expats for the most part

Nice revisionism, Ion

>According to the Wiesel Commission, "... at least 290,000 Romanian Jews survived". According to Howard M. Sachar, 360,000 Romanian Jews were still alive at the end of World War II.
>out of a pre-war population of 356,237

It ain't revisionism if it's true.