>"Do not of worrying, Dapyx. I have plan."
>"Ah?"
>"We dress like homeless men and hurl small spears at them"
>"But... they have large shields and metal armor."
>"It will be fine."

>Eastern European combat has remained largely the same forever since

Fuck off you retarded inbred.

Underrated post. Come on it's a joke, iz funny

It's not even remotely accurate. Unless you count Balkans as Eastern Europe, then you're wrong either way.

It's a joke, but it's not funny. Making a joke about things that aren't close to truth is dumb. Yeah, isn't it funny that the sky is purple and so are dogs?

The Thracians are pretty cool. Too bad they didn't care about writing things down much.

Thats a dacian, not a filthy thracian

The Dacians are just a wide term to call the Thracian tribes north of the Danube.

Kek, its true that bulgarians are thracian descendants

Bulgarian Mix: just add nomads

There are major differences between the dacians and the thracians, including warfare, customs and pantheon.
The terms are too broad for my liking.
Even "dacian" can mean dozens of different tribes, some of which are completely different.

>Bulgarians are bad at war
>the Bulgars were nomads
Go back to /int/ or to bed, kids.

I just live with it. The same can be said for any culture really

What are horse herding migrants from the steppes called?

>bulgarians are bad at war
>see modern map and compare it to your First B*lgarian Empire WE WUZZERY
>its all because you are shit fighters
LEL

>dacian

Yes, the Bulgars WERE nomads.

>mfw I live in the region were the getae once lived
>Literally 40 km from the Helis fortress
Feels good man.

>horse herding migrants from the steppes
The Bulgars have been living in present-day Romania and Ukraine for centuries before they established the so-called Danube Buglaria (south of the Danube) in the 7th century. They had cities made of stone and permanent settlements. They weren't nomads.
You faggots with your 2nd grade school propaganda coming to Veeky Forums to spread your retarded knowledge are the worst.

>b-b-but I'm a Serb/Greek/ancient Macedonian/whatever and I must insult muh neighbours because reasons haha I'll call them nomads lol

>The Bulgars have been living in present-day Romania and Ukraine for centuries
And they left behind zero evidence of their presence.And if you nigger dare to say that some slavic names of cities ( that could be remnants from the sclaveni or anthes migratory waves) proves shit, you are fucking retarded.

>”I’ve made a huge mistake.”

Just take the fuCKING COAST ALREADY BYZANTIUM IS GOING TO BE IMPORTANT SOON FUCK JUST DO IT

Why is it there’s never any images or recreations of Thracian/Dacian architecture? Houses? Villages?

What gives, was it just knock off Greek architecture or mud huts?

The warrior on the floor is actually Germanic, you can see he has the suebian knot hair style. It seems the Dacians had alot of Germans fighting for them.

They lived mostly in mud huts although they did build stone hill forts, you can still see plenty of them dotted around Bulgaria, they look rather similar to Mycenaean fortresses.

>Why is it there’s never any images or recreations of Thracian/Dacian architecture? Houses? Villages?

Get this book

>What gives, was it just knock off Greek architecture or mud huts?

More like a fusion between greek civilization, celtic/germanic iron working, and Scythian/Sarmatian war tactics

Because there's very little interest in Thracian/Dacian history outside of Romania and Bulgaria. Romanians haven't exactly done much to promote them outside their borders (don't know about Bulgarians), not like west Europeans who have done a lot for promoting interest in Celts and Germanic peoples in the world.

Yes, a warrior from the tribe called "Buri". Apparently. At least that's what the source listed it as. The Suebian knot is cool because it is such a constant in ancient artwork. You KNOW what man / woman you were looking at just by the hair. I can imagine the Dacians had a lot of Germanic tribes with them: gotta defend that grain from horse nomads somehow

The greatest Tracian ever. Prove me wrong (pro-tip: you can't).

Try again sweetie

GLORIOUS THRACIAN IRON

The bulgars were steppe nomads you fucking imbecile, that's not an insult it's a fact

The fact that you take it as an insult just shows how brainwashed you are

Bulgars were steppe nomads that conquered Slavic tribes living in modern Bulgaria, became ruling elite, and ended up assimilated by them by adopting their language.
The stone cities and permanent settlements were due to Slavs, not Bulgars.

stone cities were not due to slavs, slavs dint build stone cities, they lived in wooden huts

they werent greeks right? the greeks surely didnt identify them as such.

however why were they a part of xenophons army?

They were great skirmishers, the Greeks tended to be weak on that front so they recruited a bunch of Thracians I guess. Idk of they were mercenaries or treated like part of the regular army tho.

>dude, the Thracians only fought like seven times!
Absolute brainlet.

Top fucking kek,and bulgars lived in huge stone and marble mansions on the volga?

They fought more than that? Probably shouldn't have, considering they lose so much

volga:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolghar
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilär

balkans:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pliska
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veliki_Preslav

this is for the Thracian. they started out quite primitive some even lived in artificial caves pic related, but eventually they adopted Greek culture and started building more advanced settlements.
alexandradelova.blogspot.com.au/2015/06/blog-post_90.html

bump

here's some examples of Dacian and Thracians houses, they were probably built with either wood or mud.

:3

>:3

some of those are postmodern af
based dacians

8 looks like a comfier viking hovel

>2 examples for a region bigger than Ukraine
>possibli built by cimmerians,or the greek colonists.
>also,the majority of population still lived in yurts and shit.

Holy shit this post triggered a demographic I didn't even know existed on Veeky Forums. Well done.

Also, can anyone explain what that stupid crescent shape on traditional Thracian/Peltast shields is there for? Just seems like a good way to take a spear to the mouth.

The Thracians literally wouldn't benefit at all from overthrowing the Greek coastal trade cities, and if for some reason any tribe did attack a Greek colony they got royally fucked in return.

Burebista allowed the greeks to maintain colonies on the Euxine, in exchange for annual payments and a place to sell shit he stole from the celtic people.
>would get royally fucked
Burebista was able to muster 200.000 soldiers, I think he could've survived a couple of thousands colonists.
Check Ovid, he wrote some poems about the Getae that lived in Tomis.

that's a British round house, vikings lived in wooden rectangular homes pic related.

>a region bigger than Ukraine
???

>possibli built by cimmerians,or the greek colonists
source?

>also,the majority of population still lived in yurts and shit.
source?

Prove it that bulgarshits built it.

What inferiority complex are you suffering from, friendo?

They were built by Bulgarians because they didnt exist before Bulgarians, the burden to prove they existed as stone cities before is on you.

As the other nigger said, they were build by the greeks or the slavs. You bulgar turkics didnt build shit.

They were built by Bulgarians, it is confirmed by archeologists and historians. Your hut dwelling slavs are the ones who never built shit im afraid.