Lifting mistakes

what are some mistakes youve made during your time lifting that you wish you could go back and fix? what tips would you tell your 'young' self?

>bench 3pl8 today
>forget to ask receptionist to send GF order to bench press fairy
>will have to wait till 4pl8 bench press since bench press fairy gives the nicest gf's
>bittersweet.jpg

dont google beginner workout and stick to it for half a year

>will have to wait till 4pl8 bench
there's still squat fairy m8

once I gambled away all my plate tokens and had to use machines and bodyweight stuff for a whole month

thats a strong women

>what are some mistakes youve made during your time lifting that you wish you could go back and fix?
not dropping the loaded barbell on my neck

I wonder if she's trying to fool anyone with those fake weights or if it's supposed to be a joke.

dyel faggot detected
mad because a woman lifts more weight than you?
lol stay small

Wish I realized sooner that more volume = more gains as long as I eat and sleep enough. I fucked around with 3x8 on my isolations for years (ages 14-17) and I barely made progress. Recently ramped everything up to 5x10-12, with a few more exercises. Insane gains.
Also, really focusing on the squeeze at the top of a repetition, and forcing blood into the muscle.

feels.jpeg

>not learning the forms properly
>starting with too heavy weights
>cutting too hard at 1000 cals a day
>trying to go too fast and hindering the progress

I did all the stupid things one can ever do in the gym, AMA

Do 1000s of reps with a broomstick on squat and deadlift before actually doing them in the gym

i massively over bulked and it took me the next year to recomp body and have a decent physique also did no hypertrophy work on certain muscle groups

what? scared of a strong women user?

Which ones

chest was the worst had no development even when i could bench over 2pl8. also no triceps

Not eating enough to break stalls. I hate gaining the slightest bit of fat so fucking much, but I just spin the wheels increasing volume on the same bitch weight for months because I refuse to gain weight. It all goes to my gut and man boobs and I can't wear the same flattering clothing anymore. So it's really a choice of whether you want to be "toned" by normie standards or "strong" by Veeky Forums standards.

What's your routine? Do you do big compounds aswell?

I wish someone told me gains goblins were real

>finished lifting, stopped by a 24hr mcdonalds to get that cheap bulk food, walking home through the snow at 1am
>hear something behind me
>turn and look but only see a set of small footprints
>whatever, turn around and keep walking
>along the way i can hear faint "bix nood" and "mufuga" noises
>suddenly a short dark figure approaches me from behind a tree
>"ay mang watchu got dere? is dat sum mickey D's?"
>this creature is about 4 foot nothing with gold on the few teeth it has left. there's an odd smell of fruit and skunk eminating from its jowels. its clothing, ragged damp and pale from years of living in its underground hovel or sewer dwelling
>this creature seems innocent enough to me, i tak pity on it and offer it a mcdouble
>"nah mang u 'gon gib me da whole bag"
>i exclaim i'm sorry but can only spare the one burger because i need to meet my macros
>this creature of the night pulls out a serrated piece of metal and gestures to the bag o'gains then to the ground
>i comply and place the mcdonalds on the ground, he scurries over, snatches it, and hobbles off into the brush from whence he emerged.
>shamefully walk back to my home hungry and become a skeleton because i missed my anabolic window

don't do SS
cut the sugar NOW
actually count macros
dont ego lift
actually squat

how are you fixing this

flies and dumbell bench focusing on getting as much blood in the muscle as possible, its caught up now so its all good

even with a knife whats that guy gonna do? just kick him

>doing only compounds
>doing ppl instead of superior ULUxULU
>focusing on weight and not on form/eccentric
>not training calves hard
>not training gymnastic positions
>not maxing out exercises every week
>not maxing out exercises three days in row

i ve gained much more mass and strenght in recent five months then i have in year and a half

>what are some mistakes youve made during your time lifting that you wish you could go back and fix?
2 years ago i wanted to go fraud but in the end i decided not to. Biggest mistake ever.

This is my biggest fear. I'm 5'11", I "bulked" from 120lbs. to 165 over the past year and some change. For most of that time I was only bouldering and doing bodyweight stuff, only recently started actually lifting.

I want to keep bulking because I'm still weak as shit, but I don't want to get too fat and have to recomp for forever. Should I just cut right now? idk what my BF% is but it seems like it's bordering on too high

70lbs. OHP / 115lbs. bench / 120lbs. squat / 195lbs. DL