Was he a Mary Sue?

Was he a Mary Sue?

No, he was tsundere for a clearly and objectively superior general.

yep, he's pretty much the mary sue of history

wow it took a coalition of you to beat me

>Was the greatest man in history Mary Sue?

Britain won Waterloo single handedly, the Prussians were more akin to a polite Wimbledon crowd to an allied force.

France in general is the Mary Sue of history:
>best at art
>best at science
>best at engineering
>best at philosophy
>best at warfare
>even best at food
>basically best at everything
>most beautiful country
>always the good guys
>only ever gets into trouble due to being too nice and trusting of others
>always ends up fine in the end

History is some lazily written France-fanfic.

A challenger appears

Ok crumpet fucker.

That was pretty terrible.

Bahahahaha
My dude

Are you denying that you fuck crumpets?

i did not have sexual relations with that crumpet

>t. Jean-Pierre de Funès

BRING ME THE CRUMPET STRETCHER

>implying you can deny even one of those facts

this tbqhfamalan

waterloo is the most irrelevant battle of the entire war

jeanne d' arc was a french cumslut and nothing more

>431 years
>still mad

t. Prussian Wimbledon supporter

>>best at art
italians

>best at science
english and germans

>>best at engineering
germans

>>best at philosophy
meh, id say ancient greeks would be the best

>>>best at warfare
depends on the period

>most beautiful country
>always the good guys
i can agree with these

good post

they should fugg tbqh

>>best at art
>italians
Nice meme, Italians had a century of relevance amidst a thousand years completely dominated by France.

>>best at science
>english and germans
>>best at engineering
>germans
lol, just no

The entire Scientific Revolution is primarily a French thing, and the vast majority of major inventions are French too.

>meh, id say ancient greeks would be the best
Whatever the case may be, they're not around and never were at the same time as France.

one of the very few to have an entire era named after him. so no, he wasn't a mary sue, he was a truly great man the likes of which we will possibly never see in our lifetimes.

this, democracy (the kind we live in anyway) can never produce men among the likes of napoleon, caesar, alexander etc
unless the current order is usurped in a relevant nation, we won't see someone of their magnitude

oh my God

among the gayest posts I've ever seen

Napoleon was literally produced by democracy...

>manlet
>cuck
>killed hundreds of thousands of Frenchmen and more of other Europeans for absolutely nothing
The only thing he was good for was ensuring the death of French people. France should have been balkanised after Waterloo

Yeah, I mean if you look at all of those countless dictators of African countries, basically all of them were generals that overthrew the "democratic" government in military coups during a period of instability.... as in, exactly what Napoleon did. It's just that since they're in Africa they're still completely irrelevant to the rest of the world, unlike Napoleon and France.

Not really. He's my favourite historical figure of all time (I would admit I'm probably a fanboy of his), but he definitely had his faults, like an enormous ego (granted, it was somewhat justified and earned), a complete indifference to the lives of millions of his soldiers, a lack of interest in progressive legal policies (e.g. abolishing slavery, granting women rights), a very bad habit of nepotism and eventually over-confidence and delusions of grandeur detached from reality.

He's still undeniably a truly great man of history (in my opinion the last one), and his flaws make him such. If he was a humble, quiet and considerate man he wouldn't have achieved any of what he did.

>Greece being good at philosophy
No they're not and never particularly were. They were the first to record very simple philosophical ideas that basically anyone can easily understand. But most of the ideas, aside from a few of Socrates, Plato and Aristotle's they didn't have many ideas that the rest of the world didn't share at the time. They specifically stood out to us because they had a pocket of time in ancient history where both philosophy mattered, and where it was written and recorded in a way in which modern day Europeans could understand fully.

In the same time period China on the other hand had revolutionary philosophical ideas revolutionary for even for today's standards, although the only ones that reached the public eye of modern Europeans were The Art of War and Confucius.

Also Diogenes was unironically the best Greek philosopher.

>MANLET
>C-KEK
>Oh, and I guess he killed hundreds of thousands of Frenchmen and more of other Europeans for absolutely nothing...
This post is quite indicative of the priorities of the average Veeky Forums poster.

how? what i meant was as in being voted in
>inb4 muh plebiscite
it's accepted that is a total meme even if a majority of france did like him
i was thinking more along the lines of such a brilliant man can only work to his full potential within an autocracy and would simply be burdened down by a democratic system

>granting women rights
napoleon was unironically right about women

>>manlet
was of normal height for his time
>>cuck
he had like 20 mistresses while josephine only fucked like a few other men
>>killed hundreds of thousands of Frenchmen and more of other Europeans for absolutely nothing
you mean the anglo and other european powers did after declaring war on him ever single time?

Stop posting lindy

>Not even in the top ten generals of all time
>Not a good enough statesman to keep his enemies from uniting against him
>Loses in the end
Not even close to a Mary Sue

If they had a child it'd be Griffith from berserk level of plot armor

Yeah but the only reason he could rise in the first place was thanks to the democracy. Just like all the other brilliant young men who became generals during the Revolution, usually commoners and often still in their early 20s. That would have been unthinkable in the Ancien Regime.

Name at least ten generals that are better than him, then.

Nap- FUCK

Nah, he had a lot of flaws, and in the end, those flaws were a factor in his downfall.

Alexander came closer to being a Stu. Supposed demigod descended from Heracles and Achilles. Tames Bucephalus where all others failed. Smells good. Has a shitload of charisma belied by a less than attention-catching physical appearance. Beloved by his troops. Never loses a battle and always comes up with a risky, unorthodox plan that somehow works. In his final battle, he still finds a way to win. And all this before he turned 33.

what made him the most powerful man in the world is what doomed him in the end

always pushing and never stopping, never backing down no matter the odds

Hannibal, ALexander, Marc Antony, Sima Yi, Temujin, Batu, Stalin, Scipio Africanus, Von Hapsburg, George Washington

>unironically listing Washington

>Stalin
>Washington
>Von Hapsburg ? What ? The dynasty.
Idiot

>a lack of interest in progressive legal policies
Not an actual fault.

Embarrassing

t. Lindybeige

Stop posting lindybeige

The really weird thing is that some Anglos actually believe this

what is it about frogs and holding up flags

you dont even name the ones Napoleon said were better. how fucking stupid are you?

>not even a refutation
frenchies king bitch lost his throne in less than a decade and taught the world to hate him. The generals I posted changed the world forever.

He got cucked by based Wellington in both the bedroom AND the battlefield. Can't get much more inferior than that.
>muh defensive wars
>French people see no distinction in Revolutionary wars and Napoleonic Wars
Absolute state of your education

>the French aren't the protagonists of hist-

>a thousand years completely dominated by France.
Is this a joke

He launched a coup to become the sole Consul of the Republic