QTDTOT

Why the Fuck are all you cunts trying to bring each other down instead of helping each other and not being dicks. Also there's a lack of memes.

Any recommendations on neck exercises and how often should I do them on a PPLPPLX?

What is SL?

Because this is a toxic site and people is protected by anonymity, some people that come to say shit doesn't even lift and just wants to "Troll".

/pol/ see muscles as "virtue signaling" of good lifestyle choices.

the best kind of criticism is harsh, brutal criticism
It weeds out the people who don't really want to make it and gives the ones who do a more realistic view of themselves

What's best Brolift, SS, SL?

Strong Lifts.

When I first started I used a brosplit, now I'm using PPLPPLX previous I was using ULPPL

Criticism is ok but half the shit is just people being abusive cunts.

>calling someone a retard without offering an alternative solution is criticism
That's how I know you're a moron.

Not really. That usually just leads to low self-esteem and the belief that you can't be better no matter what. There used to be a lot of motivation threads on this site now it's how shit you are and how you can't ever be better. I'm sure it's mainly beta males that have inundated the site trying to keep every else down with them. Misery loves company.

I have weak deadlift, should I push myself or thread carefully?

Any good guides on getting the grip right for front squats? I've watched a few vids but I still keep fucking it up.

And dunno if this is that Veeky Forums related but I keep getting really bad sweat patches. A guy I knew recommended going to the chemist and getting some stuff that I put on before bed that'll stop it. Anyone know whats its called and if it'll do any major damage to me?

Always form first. Just keep adding small increments till it isn't so easy.

Is Smolov Jr. more sustainable over multiple, 3 week cycles, if you run it at 90% of your 1RMs?

I was thinking of trying this out with squats and weighted pull ups and was looking for some feedback.

Plateaued on all my lifts after 9 months of training B:155 S:225 D:260 (PPL). 5'10/170lbs. Im probably around 18-20% bf. I want to get stronger but also dont want to get fatter. I already feel weak and pathetic should I cut and get even weaker or should i change program or something?

Thanks for answering, how is PPLPPLX working out for you?

those numbers are 3x5-8 and not 1rm right?

Really fucking tiring as I only train bjj 4 times a week but it's nice and keeps me busy.

Is 3x8 a meme? What about 4x8? I normally do 5 rep drop sets for bench but when I use dbs I go for higher reps

change your programming to smaller sessions focused around the big lifts and cut at a rate of about 0.4kg/week, should still allow for some minor strength gains and form refinement, then start bulking in a few months on a 5/3/1 based routine

>Why the Fuck are all you cunts trying to bring each other down instead of helping each other and not being dicks
because r9k/lookism

lookism means what?

3x5 not 1rm

5x5*

Also why is nobody telling me about neck exercises.

Alright thanks man

It's a forum that's all about male looks.
I went on there a few times, and the general philosophy can be summarized as following : "Life is all about (facial) looks, and unless you're an 8+/10 (again, face) male you're worthless and should get surgery or kill yourself."

Don't get me wrong, looks are important, but they completely neglect everything else that isn't related to your face and just laugh at and put down people who try to improve themselves.

Because, we TRY AND TRY to help. But we end up turning into cunts because THEY WONT READ THE FUCKING STICKY.

Because no one really bothers with them. If you don't have access to a 4-way neck machine, buy a neck harness and read about them.

I used a 4way neck machine 4x25 each side 2-3x a week and noticed really quick, juicy neck gains in just a few weeks. I don't have access to it anymore, and I'm too lazy to get a neck harness but it's just as effective, depending on who you talk to.

There are also wrestler's bridges or whatever if you're so inclined.

So I started doing pushups recently but now everytime I do them my elbow pops. And I dont mean that it only makes a *pop* sound. After I'm done with my sets and I bent my arm while holding my elbow I can actually feel my elbows popping.

Is this normal or is this more sirious?

Why do faggots like you try and change everything they don't like? Veeky Forums was never a nice place; where you went for a self-esteem boost. I know things change and this will never be the Veeky Forums I knew 10 years ago, but if you want to live in a positive reddit-esque world go to reddit.

Stop trying to turn this place into something it isn't.

I think my crush had a boner while I was talking to him. He had one hand in one of his pockets while he was talking to me and then I noticed the outline of his dick was sideways when he took his hand out. Is that a boner or just a large dick?

Boner

What's your snapchat

did you notice his dick bulge before he put his hand in pocket?

He could have a nice piece that he readjusted to show-off, or his adjusting himself could have made him slightly aroused to get a half-chub going.

post tits

IT'S VERY SERIOUS

After he had his hand in his pocket. I had a sneaky way of looking since I was lying down on a bench and he was standing up.

Cunt nugget detected

fuck off myriam

Fuck guys,

> wake up at six, get dress and ready for the day.
> finish breakfast at 6:40am, out the door.
>get to graduate school, go 8 hours of lectures while cramming as much reading in as possible
> get out at 3:30, B line to gym.
>5 min mile for a warm Up, next 55 minutes for an All Body workout.
>4:30 ish, get all my crap, head home.
>5:00 get home, clean dishes, other errands.
>5:30-8:00 study like a madman
>8:00, get ready for bed

Jesus Christ guys. How does anyone get anything done? I've been working for the last two years as a chemist, and then uni before that. But seriously, how am I going to do better in school and lift more? Do I just get good, or are there sacrifices to be made?

>eating below maintenance by 500-1000 calories
>taking dnp
>going to the gym 5-6 times a week
>still not losing any weight
wtf am i doing wrong, I calculate all my calories through MFP and still I can't lose a single pound even on fucking dnp. what's the problem here??

Are you weighing everything out or gauging by eye?

What is the consensus on doing Good Mornings? Worth it or nah?

I dont have a scale so anythung asking for ounces is gauged but a lot of my food I can measure correctly like deli meat

Best way to heal a pulled trap muscle? This shit is miserable.

if I'm bulking how many times/week for fast food is too much?

Buy a scale. It's the only way. They're like 10 bucks.

aight man thank you

I don't have access to a gym nearby. In the country and my neighbor is about 2miles down. I just purchased a bench that has a forward adjustable back and a bar with some weights.

The weights only total up to 140lbs and check the bar and it's only 35lbs. Is this equipment okay to start off with at home? Or will I need to buymore things to equip myself to do this 5/3/1 or other recommended routines?

The left side of my hip, and my left glute get real fucking tight after only a couple sets of squats.

Gets so bad to the point I lose all mobility, and can't squat and need to stretch for 20 minutes.

I've looked up a lot of different stretches to do, and they seem to help. My hip has started cracking, and loosening up now. I haven't squatted in like 3 weeks, and I still feel like I'm not ready yet.

Anybody ever have the same issue? Should I see a physiotherapist?

Been on a cut since late May. Been tracking my calories and I've dropped from 178 lbs to 158 lbs. Weighed myself today and I went up two lbs to 160 since last week, and not sure how or if it's just because I didn't get a chance to weight myself Monday morning like i usually do. I did cheat Sunday night for the first time since I started cutting since I was out on a date, but I know there's no way i could have gained 2lbs for just eating over maintenance for one day. I'm 5'7" 26 years old and eating 1411 calories every day.

So is it just water weight I'm noticing? Does not weighing myself at the same time on the same day every week really make that much of a difference in what I see? Is the alcohol I drank Sunday night causing me to retain excess water?

not weighing yourself at the same time does make a big difference you want to cut out as many variables as you can and yea you probably are retaining water causing the 2lb increase I wouldnt give it a second thought and just keeo doin what you're doin

Show us on the doll where /pol/ touched you user

>Any recommendations on neck exercises and how often should I do them on a PPLPPLX?

I do neck bridges on Push day, usually right at the end of my workout. I'm on a cut, but my neck is still looking a little bit thicker and especially toned

Not who you replied to.

While I agree with you I think the user you replied to has a point. So much about fitness needs to come from yourself and your own drive. If we start patting each other on the back when we don't make actual achievements this place is gonna turn into tumblr pretty quick.

I honestly find fast food cucks my bulk up as it makes me a lot lazier and not willing to track everything and eat regularly.

OP here and I do agree but a lot of the shit is just trying to bring people down.
There's a big difference between criticism and shitting on someone.

You'll be able to make some progress, but not a whole lot. Try to buy more plates when you can. Until then, say back squats at whatever weight amount get easy, toss a couple of front squats on after that, etc.

Also make sure the barbell and plates are the right, Olympic size. If it's similar to the sand plate dealies you just wasted money.

Where can I get decent beam balance? One that doesn't change by several pounds depending on where I place my feet and slightly leaning in any direction.

What are "insertions"?

Literally what is the point of deadlift? The muscles it targets arent even aesthetic and can be targetted by other exercises with much lower risk of injury.

Veeky Forums Is cracking a cold one with the boys, we're here to fuck around a bit and what not but we're helping out our fellow user make it because we are all going to make it.

Where a muscle attaches to the skeleton. Muscle origin is the end of the muscle that doesn't move with contraction, insertion point moves under contraction. E.g. bicep originates at the top of the humerus (upper arm bone), inserts into the radius (forearm bone).

I don't understand how Veeky Forums works

For the past couple of months I've been struggling to do every excersise on my workout days. Sometimes I skip bench, mostly deadlifts. Maybe I should stop doing them in the evening. How can I break this mentality thinking it's okay to skip a workout?

Go in the mornings. I know for me at least I have trouble staying motivated if I don't work out right after I get up.

So.. I might have entered snap city, my back started having sharp pains and now it's mostly gone but my left arm have been SLIGHTLY numb..

Please tell me I don't need surgery...

Take it easy for a few days, take an NSAID and ice the area if you want.
Sleep on your back. Epsom's salt baths, etc.

See how you feel in a while, if it's still bothering you go to a doc. If not, lower weight on what you think you goofed up with and focus autistically on the form.

162 lbs ectomorph here

Sq 4x260, DL 3x320, BP 5x175

How much weight should I be adding as a percentage during each bulk to my lifts? Or how fast should I expect progress? I eat 3400 cals at 50% 30 20 carb protein fat and see what I feel are slow gains.

>Squat an extra 5 lbs every 3 weeks or so
>Bench an extra 5 every month or so
>DL is weird, up and down a bit.

Just wondering after noob gains phase which Im out of how fast a skinnier 5'11" guy should expect to progress.

So basically.. rest for a few days and see if it goes away?

What lifts do I avoid? Can I still bench though?

Or should I just avoid the gym totally and just do a couple of chin ups and push ups?I swear it was my piss squat form. I tried 67.5kg and when I came home I realised something wasn't right.

Where can I ice it? The back?

If you're absolutely set on lifting when you've got a potential oops, start light and listen to your body.

As for the ice or heat, feel around. Any points that hurt? For the arm try to stretch out your bicep I guess.
Not really educated much on injuries other than my own shoulder issue, but there are some nerves that go all the way down that can get pissed off, and from my own experience stretching the biceps helps.

Hopefully someone else can help you out.

Okay but generally do these kind of things heal on their own? I don't experience any form of pain so far, I will probably not lift for one week or so.

Hopefully this goes away.

How do I train like an ancient warrior? Honest answers please.

Yeah. They typically go away, all you can do is try to not worry about it too much and try to figure out what you were doing wrong.
Start posting videos and getting form checks, it's embarrassing but what's worse is a serious injury.

I have extreme social anxiety, and have the feeling that if I go to a gym, I would look so out of place, are there any exercises to do at home to gain a bit of muscle definition before going to a gym?

anyone who judges you on how much you lift is insecure about how much they lift. People might judge you on your form - more out of a safety thing. Practice bodyweight form at home (Squat DL Bench) then go. Tell anyone who lulz at you to walk into oncoming traffic on the way home as this would be a gift to humanity.

someone fucking answer me or so god help me Ill start a thread with this pasted

Why are you going to bed at 8?
I have a similar schedule of waking up at 6, coming home at 15:30, then eating a little something, then from 16:30 to 19:00 I work out and then it's free time until my bed time of 22:00.

faggot pls

Should I reduce the volume in my training whilist cutting? Should I adopt a strenght centered approach?

m8, it doesn't really matter whether they're olympic sized or not, I started with a 22lbs bar and sand weights and progressed very nicely. Eventually got them replaced by better stuff.
They're fine at first and for the price you're getting them at, if you can't afford anything better at the time.

As bad as exploding knees? That gave me grief.

Try getting microplates, a 5 lbs increase is too much at those numbers.

You shouldn't change anything while you're on a cut, just deload as necessary.

But what's the purpose of doing hypertrophy rep ranges when you're in a deficit?

Just to keep up your form really so it'll be easier to do again once you're bulking.

So how do people end up getting injured to the point whereby they need surgery? I think mind is kinda minor but I hope it doesn't escalate..

What are some things I can do to clear up my skin apart from the obvious face washing etc? Can dairy products or whey protein cause bad skin?

1. I'm doing strength endurance 15-25 reps/set training at the moment. Now I want to switch to hypertrophy 8-12 reps/set. Is it right that I should at least double the current weights for each excercise when starting?

2. I count my calories with mfp, doing a 500 kcal deficit. When training and thus burning additional calories, am I supposed to eat them or not? I'd assume I try to eat half of them. If I should eat them, in which manner i. e. carbs, fat, protein?

My pee pee

He had a boner but fortunately it didn't have anything to do with you.

bf estimate?

Is there an alternative to a 4 way neck machine? Could I use a back extension machine for that?

yesterday I was not feeling too energized and did poorly in my routine. Would it be bad to work on the same muscle group today?

how "poorly" did you do?

I only managed one set before giving up for feeling too tired

yeah work it again, just make sure you always stretch

Any amount

I started lifting about a month ago and I've been adding weights to all my lifts ever since but my grip is terrible so when I'm deadlifting my grip gives out before my muscles and it is really annoying me. I don't want to get straps as I only lift 240lb for reps and I'd like to better my grip strength before resorting to straps.

I was wondering if I should buy some chalk but I'd feel weird using it as I'm not pulling massive weight

growth does not come with comfort. Do what you gotta do and fuck what anyone thinks. If you know you're increasing your lifts, and truly believe you will keep progressing, then why even care about temporary judgement from insecure men in the first place?

Hook grip works, but is painful at first. Mixed grip is good, though autists here will whine about it.
Or just work on grip strength.

My hips keep shooting up first when I deadlift, I don't know what to do about it...I press with my legs and instead of the bar going up, my hips do, and then I'm suddenly doing a SLDL.

help