ITT: Secondary Characters of History

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Enlightenment
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>extras of history
It’s like someone said “We need some weirdos in the middle of everything who do literally nothing.

Blue = primary
Red = Secondary
Yellow = Irrelevant

Agree?

shit, both portugal and ireland should be red

I'd put Turkey in the blue. Maybe not for the nation itself, but for the region that's existed long before it that hosted the likes of the Byzantines and Ottomans.

>Portugal
>not blue
kek

t. alberto barbosa

Greece has nothing to do with the classic greece so put in red at best and change Turkey from red to blue. Also portugal Yellow, they made some things of relevance like... eh... be the first in Japan? anyway they dont deserve to be in the same category as fucking Ireland

>Greece has nothing to do with the classic greece

Now mods please, /thread/.

>He seriously thinks fucking Argentina is more important than Greece
Kek. what a retard.

Austria should be blue
Ireland is fine not being colored at all

It was a joke but, yes, i seriously think that Argentinas was more important than moder Greece.

Pic related relevance in world history, anyone who disagree is objectively wrong.

FTFY

why isn't indonesia nigeria cuba saudi or brasil atleast red? and then australia is?

Canada is a perfect example. Always a worthy sidekick, never the protagonist.

>and then australia is?
I really struggle about paiting Australia and South Africa because they were relevant in both world wars and nothing more, they really didn't deserve to be in the same category as Mexico, Italy, Iran and Egypt neither they deserve to be in the same category as Chad so... the problem is in the oversimplification of 3 categories

The Greeks basically created Western civilization and spread colonies and empires throughout the entire Mediterranean Basin and much of the Middle East. Egypt forged one of the earliest and most powerful civilizations, was the wealthiest province of the Roman Empire, and was arguably the most powerful kingdom in the Europe/MENA region at several points during the Middle Ages. Iran founded quite possibly the most important empire of all time in the ancient world, was a peer foe to the Roman Empire during those ages, and was still a dominant military power until the 18th century. This map is a complete meme.

Everyone but the USA, Russia and China

>Iran founded quite possibly the most important empire of all time in the ancient world
Eh, you mean the Persians? It's funny, I know they had multiple powerful empires that spanned across multiple centuries, but I never see discussion about them or what they contributed to the world, how culturally important they were etc.

Tell me, what makes them so special?

>The Greeks basically created Western civilization and spread colonies and empires throughout the entire Mediterranean Basin and much of the Middle East
They died a long time ago my friend, claim that the Republic of Greece is somehow the sucesor state of the Greek Polis in nothing but spirit is retarder, the same apply to Iran and the Persian Empire of Cyrus the Great

We're not just talking about modern versions of these civilisation, you absolute retard. The discussion is about their importance throughout history.

Well, if there were any classic greek state in the map i would had painted it blue but since they no more exist what am i supposed to do?

If I wanted to represent the Roman Empire Should I had painted blue San Marino?

>australia irrelevant
>new zealand secondary
I wonder who made this

>Denmark yellow
>Turkey red
>Switzerland red
>Hungary yellow
>Ukraine red
>Portugal nothing

This map was made by a total brainlet, confirmed.

>scotland
>primary
and it's not even counting the UK as one country, because northern ireland isn't colored

also austria should be blue

Red is secondary and yellow irrelevant you fucking retard

>people putting austria as secondary or irrelevant

You'reca complete retard.

You're retarded, don't come back

t. *gloid Steel Harlot

Here's an objectively perfect map.

>blue austria

>Sweden, Poland, Austria, Turkey are red.
>Fucking Albania is yellow
>Portugal in unmarked

Please leave this board, and never come back.

>albania
>ever relevant

>>Fucking Albania is yellow
Yes you are right it should be unmarked

>Britain and Italy red
>Japan blue
Is this inverted colours?

>literally one of 6 strongest countries in the world during the most crucial two hundred years in human evolution

Hasn't Britain only been primarily relevant since 1707 though? (Apart from high middle ages)

Austria wasn't the habsburg empire, it was only the capital region

Why the fuck is Czechia red and Hungary, Lithuania or whole SE Asia yellow?

I apologise to non-Europeans

England wasn't the British Empire, it was only the capital region

All of Asia is yellow

You are either colorblind or you have a very strange definition of what is Asia

Of all the retarded images I've seen created by clueless idiots on Veeky Forums, this has gotta be up there as one of the dumbest

Not that guy but I'm pretty sure he was making a joke, user

Kek, i'm a retard

What you got against portugal?

>pooland, sweden, austria and portugal more relevant than the netherlands
This map is wrong and you know it

England was a much more crucial part in the British Empire compared to Austria in the Habsburg Empire.

Not him but you should probably list what you're uncomfortable with instead of exerting butthurt right away.

Who gives a shit about that when fucking Argentina is blue

That was an obvious joke though

please stop making these, holy shit

It was administrative and economic center of the empire, same as Austria was in Habsbourg Empire. You could same that Bohemia had more industry or that Hungary had higher population but the same could be applied to India in British Empire. Point is that it was all managed by Austrians, same as British empire was managed by Brits and when you compare this (artificial) historical relevancy of nations, you gotta consider who was in the lead first and everything else second.

It's just so unbelievably retarded and it's so glaringly obvious how it's wrong, I don't even know where to begin

The fact people like you believe there's nothing wrong with it, and are asking me to point out what IS wrong with it, genuinely makes me lose faith in this board and causes me question why I even bother to come here in the first place

>transcendentugal

>>literally one of 6 strongest countries in the world during the most crucial two hundred years in human evolution
Eh, not really, at some certain times maybe but far from all of these two centuries. And it's not like they played an important part in this crucial evolution either. It was always a european power and not a world power, big difference.

I'm not the guy who posted it and I didnt say nuffin, now stop being a butthurt sperg and tell him where it hurts

I agree that Turkey (ottomans) and Portugal should be at least red (and that also the dutch should be red for their part in trade and colonialism), but should Denmark really be anything but yellow? And what's the deal with the ukraine?

And weren't the Swiss just a bunch of mercenaries and bankers in a federation that punched the Austrians in the nose hard enough for them to leave them alone for a few hundred years?

Jesus Christ, the amount of historical illiterates ITT.

Britain. They're fucking irrelevant

lmfao

Here, I fixed your shit maps.

Obviously a fourth catergory was needed, and a better color scheme. This is the only objectively correct version.

Why is that who in south America dark blue.

That's the offshore territory of France, French Guiana.

That's French Guyana, read the footnote in the map.

>Scotland
>More Important than Egypt, Mexico, Mongoly, Pakichan, Portugal or even fucking Serbia

You should have disregarded him just for Greece

Yeh fuck the industrial revolution and capitalism amirite

Yeah what the fuck has Adam smith, Alexander graham bell, James Maxwell, James Watts, Duns Scotus or any other scottish thinker/inventor ever done.
I mean edinburgh, 'athens of the north'? Gotta be a fuckin exaggeration right?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Enlightenment

France always 2nd at best
1st HRE 2nd France
1st Habsburg 2nd France
1st Spain 2nd France
1st England 2nd France
always the 2nd never at the top

France may be second best most of the time, but at least they're consistent

>I mean edinburgh, 'athens of the north'? Gotta be a fuckin exaggeration right?
it's a fucking exageration every great city in the world has a stupid propagandistic nickname, or you really believe that Buenos Aires is the Paris of America?, get the fuck out of here wallace

>I mean edinburgh, 'athens of the north'?

See

Oh look, a european country with 3 or 4 high tier literally who's except for Adam Smith (that every normie in the world associet with England anyway) they are really the sons of Aristotélēs

>Turkey
>Secondary

Are you retarded?

Aye, nobodies.
>disproportionately large Scottish contributions to British science and letters continued for another 50 years or more, thanks to such figures as Thomas Carlyle, James Watt, William Murdoch, James Clerk Maxwell, Lord Kelvin and Sir Walter Scott.
Then you've still got Bell, Fleming and Baird later on.

This works for history since the 18th century maybe. Horribly inaccurate before then. Europe took a very long time to become even vaguely relevant, excluding a few periods and regions like western Rome, which is itself typically overvalued and comparable to, say, the Seleucids.

Scotland isn't even a real country

Check your retarded eurocentrism, bro.

First decent one in this thread, though this whole exercise is transparently retarded.

So what if they're who's? Most important figures are who's, what's important is what they did

>ethiopia red, but Scotland yellow
What

>Serbia and Bulgaria Yellow
>Greece Blue
>Turkey Red
>Belgium Yellow
>Hungary Yellow
>> The European part of Turkey is not colored because he most likely doesn't know that it's a part of Turkey

I bet that this was made by a mutt

I'd probably rank Austria and Turkey at least green

Scotland is a country under UK law

I said REAL country, Angus.

>>Greece Blue
Greece played key roles in ancient, medieval and to a good degree 19th century history

WE

HURRR

>Greecia
You're not in a position to judge what's shameful