How strong should your lifts be before you consider using a weight belt?

How strong should your lifts be before you consider using a weight belt?

I can only deadlift 2 and a half plate, yet I feel my back rounding a bit

I do weighted back extensions as well

If you're going max effort a belt is a good idea

I use a belt for deadlifting above 130-140kg

I weigh 146 freedom units I use a belt when dead lifting or squatting anything above 185...

the day I PR'd 200kg diddly
some guy approached me and said
> OOGA BOOGA NO BELT YOU BREAK NECK
> what
> OOGA BOOGA NO BELT YOU'LL NEVER CARRY AGAIN
> ok
I lifted 200 kg that day without breaking my neck.
long story short noone needs a belt unless you're at a powerliftung/deadlift competition and belts are allowed.
just get your shit straight

what the fuck is wrong with you?

That's such a light weight to not be strengthening your lower back by using the belt. Just have good form and use a spotter/mirror/camera.

agreed, no need for a belt. back rounding at 2.5pl8 will not be solved by a belt

wear a belt at all times including during dinner and showering. there's literally no reason not to and everything up to this point is just gonna be macho tough guy wannabe validation seeking bullshit.

A belt won't necessarily stop your back from rounding.

And I have never used a belt and can deadlift 6plate at 85kg bodyweight.

Should I do more back extensions? How else could I strengthen my lower back?

Reversed leg extentions

You don't know what a belt does, do you?

Your back is rounding because your glute and hamstrings are weak.

so whats the solution to this? more deadlifting?

Usually for one rep maxes PRs, probably if you are going beyond 2x your bodyweight for reps.

not really, you should do glutes acessory (bulgarian split squats, hip thrusts) and lower back shit (back extensions) and maybe abs to get your core stronger.

I was neglecting those for a long time only doing compounds and once i added them to my routine i increased my deadlift a little bit, but nothing substantial.

Just be yourself

stfu

when you think you can benefit from belt use it. it doesn't matter how much you lift.

belt offers better bracing which will allow you to lift more weight thus get better gains.

but then again i wouldn't use it for ALL sets. just use it for your heaviest work sets. do your warmups without it.

same goes for straps

I didn't use a belt until I was squatting and deadlifting 315x5 and usually 315 is where I throw my belt on in warm ups

What's the best glutes accessory? Should I do it daily? 3x10 is enough?