Is it possible to be a Veeky Forums alcoholic?

Is it possible to be a Veeky Forums alcoholic?

I drink mainly vodka with soda water as a mixer, and a squirt of lime juice. But I drink like 4 of these a night. Is this hurting my gains

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7419664
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Useless cals
>nothing but carbs
>alcohol prevents protein synthesis (literal gains goblin)
>hangovers make you not want to work out
No. Go to rehab, drunkie

all I know is that alcohol impedes your protein synthesis for x amount of time after drinking.

Russians seem to be alright why can't you be

No

>useless cals
like 90 calories in a shot of vodka but sure, this is true
>nothing but carbs
0 carbs in vodka retard

>alcohol prevents protein synthesis

of all the retarded broscience on this board this one oddly (and fucking stupidly) specific. who the FUCK told you that? if you link me livestrong ill bitch slap you

0.5g/kg of alcohol daily does not effect your gains. for someone who weighs 150lbs this is 2.5 drinks.

>empty calories
>alcoholic fatty liver disease
>fatty liver increases insulin resistance
>high levels of insulin increase appetite

Never gonna make it

smoke weed instead

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7419664

Reduces it by 20%.

Alcohol is horrible for muscle growth. Not to mention it dehydrates you. Alcohol also screws up your recovery as it reduces HGH, you don't enter a normal REM sleep cycle.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7419664
. Alcohol significantly suppressed plasma GH values (70-75%) on acute and chronic nights.

>Drinking a LITERAL mitochondrial toxin
>Veeky Forums

Hmmmmmmm

Recovering alcoholic here and wanted to add my 2 cents.

I was physically fit my whole life, played soccer and rugby, lifted weights but went through a bout of depression my last year in college and started drinking...gained 30+ pounds.

I continued drinking for about 5 years. During this time I tried to keep fit but couldn't. Drinking completely zapped my energy and I couldn't even run a mile without nearly dying.

Drinking made me eat like a fatass (drunk munchies) and I lost all of my fitness. I didn't even look like the same person.

I finally pulled out of it and quit drinking. Once I stopped consuming all of those empty calories the weight seemed to fall off my bones.

I'm not saying you're an alcoholic, but my point is that alcohol will lead you down the road to bad weight gain and lack of fitness.

If you're going to drink, try to keep it to a few drinks on the weekend and keep it at that. Just my advice.

Oh, and don't forget your lowered test.

Alcohol is actually one of the worst substances you can put in your body, physically speaking. It registers as poison to your brain.

absolutely not

I used to be relatively Veeky Forums as an alcoholic. I wasn't in amazing shape, but I managed to hover in between twinkmode and ottermode.

It wasn't until I stopped drinking (and smoking cigarettes) that the gains started rolling in.

Give it up, man. It's fine to drink socially in moderation, but if you're blacking out every night or regularly getting wasted by yourself then it's time to dry out.

Alcohol decreases testosterone, growth hormone and muscle protein synthesis...

Nah, it's not hurting your gains at all.

>It wasn't until I stopped drinking (and smoking cigarettes) that the gains started rolling in.
If this isn't evidence enough for OP to quit drinking then he's never gonna make it.

Chronic drinking (as little as 4 shots of vodka a day for a 180lb male is enough to lower nightly HGH production by 70%, testosterone production by 30%, and IGF-1 by 40%

It's like OP doesn't even want to make any gains.

A moderate amount of alcohol has been shown to increase testosterone temporarily.

FOUR A NIGHT? Schedule an AA meeting, i'm fit and drink socially on the weekends only, drinking on the weekdays feels so degenerate

>mixers

mixers/chasers are for women. drink liquor straight or get the fuck out of my liquor aisle, pleb

a moderate amount of dick up your twink asshole has been shown to be a defining characteristic of your life

I did acid and had a huge motivation/mindset shift and have essentially quit drinking, but being college aged I'm worried that I'll lose all my friends when I return home from my summer internship. All we did when we hung out was drink. Feels bad desu

Well that was uncalled for.

Well that escalated quickly.

>like 90 calories in a shot of vodka but sure, this is true
and 12 shots have over 1000kcal. no one drinks just one shot. the body can't store calories from alcohol anyway, so just make sure you don't eat much around the time you drink

>he body can't store calories from alcohol anyway
What the fuck are you on about?

Ethanol -> Acetaldehyde -> Acetate Acetyl-CoA...

Acetyle-CoA Amino Acids
Acetyle-CoA Fatty Acids
Acetyle-CoA --> Gluconeogensis

Looks like energy storage to me faggot

>all these faggots scared to drink ITT

lmao i'm ripped and go through a handle a week. you'll be fine OP. just watch your cal intake

>4 drinks
>alcoholic
At least summer is almost over

Temporarily is the key word there dumbfuck. Alcohol causes test to plummet during key recovery time (sleep).

Lold hard

So it balances out. Good to know it's safe.

Everything is fine in moderation. A few drinks a night wont hurt. I have a drink at lunch and one or two at dinner and sometimes a bourbon before bed if i have a nice cigar. Every night

It just started you imbecile lmao.

Why would anyone on here know? Look at a CBT thread and ask yourself if you want some of those people giving you advice about fitness.

Idk where your from but summer is over in less than a month here

No, I've tried it. After a day or two of hard drinking it takes me nearly a week to feel 100% in the gym again. Plus the calories and decrease in testosterone, and the decreased motivation. I'm either 100% clean and make mad gains, or I'm a drunken loser who stops working out

>the weight seemed to fall off my bones.

Former alchy here, that's pretty accurate. Within 6 months of quitting I looked like an entirely different person. My weight only went down a few pounds, but the puffyness and weight in my face that went away was night and day. I didn't realize how shitty I looked until after I stopped

Not the guy you replied to, but it's so true. When I was drinking heavily I had the typical mindset that I wasn't making gains because of my genetics, or because I was natty and not juicing. I made more gains in my first year sober than I did in 5+ years lifting while drinking heavily

I can confirm. I drank too much through university and immediately after. While I never got noticabely overweight, I definitely wound up with a bit of a paunch.

Cutting out beer forever and drinking days that aren't Friday/Saturday alone made me realize that alcohol was the only reason I gained weight - based on my calories from actual food, I never ate enough (6'4" - hitting maintenance calories without working out is hard unless I'm eating nothing but steak and legumes). Now my diet is much healthier and I won't get liver cancer.

Stop drinking if it's a problem OP. If you like it that much, keep it to weekends if you can. One day you'll settle down with a qt and regret all those drinks when you're dying at 50 and she has to live the rest of her life without you.

Join the military and go combat arms.
They've got 35 year old drunks who are still more fit than 90% of us on here.

Lol you're fucking retarded. Why would you glorify being an alcoholic.

22 y/o recovery fag here.
Past 2 years were fun in the beginning until you let it set rules for you, and not the other way around. Never actually thought i was an alcoholic cause i worked/ went to uni. But something tells me of those 730 days being inebriated for likely 550+ of them is a fucking issue. Down from 5-7 drinking to like one, still have massive control problems when I start. Glhf it'll only get worse.

>booze kills gains

5-7 *days drinking* to 1

Post pic and stats faggot

illness has been romanticised

alcoholism, mental illness, smoking, drug addiction

If you're an alcoholic, and it seems like your heading that way, then being Veeky Forums will be the least of your problems. I strongly recommend you cut back while you still can, if you can. If not then it's time to stop cold turkey.

If you find you can't cut back or stop then at least you know you're an alcoholic.