/fat/ - Motivation edition

Previous thread: >Who is /fat/ for?
for /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
calculator.net/body-fat-calculator.html

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vnAbgxhRdUk
knowyourmeme.com/memes/people/chris-chan-cwc-christian-weston-chandler
twitter.com/AnonBabble

is that chris chan?
I wonder what happened to that parody of humanity

I think he became a woman and went to jail at some point. He's probably dead now.

hey guys, curious about two things :

>how has your sleep changed since losing weight?

>how has your sexual health changed since...?

Came out as transgender, accidently burned down his house, sold a paper mache Sonic totem to a /v/irgin for $1000, went to jail for macing a gamestop employee

Shit just keeps getting weirder

Good day today. Had one beer at the pub but I don't care it fits my calorie targets.

If my BMR is 1660, I eat 2000 calories, then burn about 450 from my weightlifting and 4 mile run, am I losing weight?

Just as shitty
Just as nonexistent

>how has your sleep changed since losing weight?
Hunger pains keepin me up, I'm losing strength and gainz
>how has your sexual health changed since...?
not much since I'm still a virgin

Here's *her* most recent YouTube video
youtube.com/watch?v=vnAbgxhRdUk

I never had a problem sleeping in the first place.

My dick has gotten bigger.

relapsing
this happened last time and I just gave up

I meditate 20 min everyday
so I sleeep well
eat loads of veg and fats might have helped sex , but I think a semi no fap is what really helped
I only fap 1 or 2 a week

Did well today. Since im eating Sub 75% of my maintenance im eating higher carbs, need to get my sodium intake down though

How do you meditate bro?

God damn it anons this was meant to be just one of my favourite motivational posters for focusing on making it, not a prelude to a god damn chris chan thread.

what the fuck did i just watch

There is no escape

>posting Chris chan in any context
>not expecting to derail your own thread

Hello newfriend. Enjoy.
knowyourmeme.com/memes/people/chris-chan-cwc-christian-weston-chandler

I use the headspace files
it's a good app but I don't want to pay each month
there are lots of guided meditations out there

I have a date tomorrow /fat/. How do I not fuck this up? How do I keep the conversation going?

Cheers mate.

Ask your date questions about thenselves. If they tell somethibg about a hobby then ask more questions about the hobby. 1v1s are the easiest since you can place all your attention on the other person. In group settings its harder since you jave to do more mebtal juggling.

Thanks user. This was the plan but if they don't actually ask questions back it's gonna be a PITA. More sperg than me, probably, if it happens that way.

Ask lots of questions. Girls like to talk about themselves so make sure they're open questions. Have several prepared in case the conversation dies.
Don't worry user, I was in the same situation as you, now I got a third date on Friday. She's coming to mine so I can cook diner, then we're making cocktails and then going to fuck all night. Godspeed user.

If she's one of the outgoing and talkative girls, just pretend you care and ask questions about what she had just told you. Smooth sailing.
If she's one of the shy mutes, she'll probably flake anyway.

I actually have some prepared in my Notes app to go through before the date lol, is that spergy or what?

I pray she's a talkative one. I went on one with a shy mute and got way mixed signals. Not fun!

So I started doing pushups recently but everytime I do them my elbow pops. And I dont mean that it only makes a popping sound. After I'm done with my set if I ben my arm and hold my elbow I can actually feel my elbows popping.

Is this normal or is this more sirious?

It's a blind date?

Barely talked much over Plenty of Fish. We matched eachother so at least she liked me enough to swipe right. And messaged first before I could.

Sleep feels more restful and my wife says I am not snoring much anymore. I am 5'11" and it seems like 200lbs is about the threshold for me snoring loudly. I am now in the low 190s, so I still have a little ways to go. I should mention that I also quit drinking when I started losing weight, so that is almost certainly contributing to the better sleep (after initially making it very difficult to sleep).

I've been doing a little bit of cardio, but mostly weight lifting. I'd say the little bit of cardiovascular health improvement has been good for sexual stamina though.

I'm just depressed going to the gym nowadays and not motivated. I used to love it but now it's difficult.

How can I get out of this slump lads?

Change your routine. Do an exercise activity you enjoy.

How did it become difficult suddenly?

Difficult as in hard to motivate myself. I moved out and switched gyms recently, and DESU I don't like my new gym as much as my old one.

Call me a fag but really loved working out with the guys back there. nobody is friendly in this new place :(

Honestly switch gyms bro

going to go to bed and try to forget that today ever happened
wonder what tomorrow will bring

Just recently started diet a week ago. weight 215 pounds, cut a lot of shit from my diet like 4 cups of tea with 4 tea spoons of sugar and vending machine food, started drinking green tea and apple cider vinegar. researching more into nutrition to learn how to eat better. hope this is enough to lose some weight and make a difference.

question: does drinking apple cider vinegar every morning really help with weight loss and suppresses appetite or is it bullshit? cuz i saw a lot of articles and youtube videos of people saying it works.

and is it possible to lose 4 pounds a week with just dieting?

new guy here
just starting something of a weight loss plan myself and im largely turning to dietary readjustments, specifically sugars; calories can get burned, sugars are just empty
and while i have a decent cereal selected (Original Special K, 4g of sugar for every cup) im wondering if the potential fats and sugars in the milk might be worth acknowledging

what milk do you guys drink

800 calories remaining, will eat a pizza

don't do it you fat bastard

why not

because you must maintain your cut
eating pizza is for subhumans
you're not one of those, are you?

Just force yourself to go, eat well before going,take a stimulant like green tea or coffie. listen to hype music

subhumas get all the fun

But they never get the glory.

Remember your goal

if you forget today you will make the same mistakes you made today tomorrow.

Let me be a subhuman one time

i do grass fed regular whole milk but sparingly as its caloric.

It's might be possible to lose 4 pounds a week with no exercise but you'd have to be eating at a gigantic deficit, and that's faster than you should be losing anyway most likely.

Roughly every 500cal you eat below your TDEE adds up to 1 pound lost per week, but if your TDEE is around 2,000 you'd basically have to eat nothing.

Shoot for one or two pounds a week ,eat at a reasonable deficit ,and seriously consider adding even light exercise. 10k steps per day is a great start, you probably get about half that spending on your job, so it isn't that much more whorl.

it wasn't my choice to begin with

>few months ago was 246
>now 195
>My knees don't hurt anymore
>people talk to me with more respect now and I'm not even at my goal weight, 165
lads, I'm making it, before I was close but never this close. Before I got into a accident and fucked up my meniscus , then later at work had to take another 6 months off because I had a grade 2 sprain on my distal bicep tendon. Thinks are looking up lads, my diet is on point, people are complementing me and I had to get new shirts because the old ones looked like big ol blankets.

It's fucking worth it, eating healthy foods and avoiding junk is fucking worth it lads. I haven't been this light since middle school,Im 27 right now! I haven't felt this good since I was fucking FIVE years old! I did have a cheat day like 2 weeks ago but got back on track and dropped 1.5lbs.

>tfw ordered 105 lb dumbbell set on amazon
>only one dumbbell showed up
>can do one sided OHP no problem with all the weight on.
Does this mean I'm starting off with a 1 for 1/2/3/4? Hoping lifting weights will help me out of my plateau. Lost 43 so far but I've been stuck 272 for like a week.

Then it isn't weight loss related and isn't relevant to the thread.

>do cardio 3x per week between weights
>do 10 minutes on the bike prior to workouts
>go to the gym 6x per week
>really getting 4 cardio days in

>don't eat anything all day
>get 1800kal kfc meal at the end of day
>eat the whole thing,replace soda for a piece of chicken
>pop a bunch of sleeping pills and KO
>still 500 under TDEE
Anyone else /beating the system/

>441 pounds
>start exercising and dieting
>one week later
>445 pounds
This shit is fucking rigged

I was tied up and force fed through a tube

what now smart guy?

how many pounds can someone at 225 pounds lose per week by cutting sugar, junk food and eating somewhat healthy?

i want to get an estimate on how long it will take for me to reach my goal of 170 pounds, which is where i want to be when i ask my current girlfriend to marry me, i wanna know how to plan it and where to do it. i wanna do it as soon as possible.

Ik you guys are gonna say "it depends" but is there an estimate?

Then why didn't you say that instead of some vague bullshit?

Either you want to talk about it or you don't, man.

>exercise at gym all day
>don't lose weight
>eat junk all day
>gain a lb

I do, but not to you

You have to count calories to get an estimate, because eating under your Total Daily Energy Expenditure is how you lose weight.

Read the OP, and put in your info in Losertown to get exactly the answer you are looking for.

Then go do that. You're on an anonymous image board right now. If you want to tell us some shit do it, if you don't don't. Vaguepost on your social media account.

As I get thinner the worse all the other women are to me in my life. I hear constant jokes about how anorexic I am or how calories something has; "Oh glitch, how many calories are in this almond slice LOL". I can't even hit them back with a fat joke because the fat bitch is my manager and my boss sucks her dick constantly.

That's called jealousy.

An acquaintance of mine lost weight. I was really jealous of him too, but I wasnt a jerk about it. I started losing weight myself instead. This bitch doesn't want to, so she's insulting you.

im really shitty at counting calories. especially with home made food,

don't tell me what to do nigga

REMEMBER
YOUR
GOAL

never give up, never surrender

remember to scrub those shirts clean and donate them if they don't have holes
turn em into rags if they do

It seems like I won't be having pizza today anyway but thank you

That's how you get the estimate you want.

You know your goal, so all you have to do to get there is use Losertown to figure out how fast you want to do it, but you need to count calories if you want the time frame to be accurate.

Either the time matters to you ,in which case begin counting calories accurately ,or it doesn't.

Cutting sugar and junk food, and eating healthier are all good things. But if you aren't eating under your TDEE they won't help you lose weight.

>"you're losing too much weight"

reduce carbs
your insulin is too high

Ok thx, ill look up some tutorials on how to count calories accurately.

Im pretty sure i don't eat anywhere over 1500 -1700 calories

the only reason i get fat is cuz im inactive and eat a lot of trash and consume a lot of sugar. so cutting calories shouldn't be a problem, i don't over eat

fucking this

If you go over in calories for a couple weeks is it acceptable to go down to 1000 calories a day to make up for it?

People underestimate the calories they consume, though it you aren't gaining weight you aren't overeating.

>the only reason I get fat...

Is because your calories consumed are greater than the calories you expend in a day. Call it what you will, but it isn't about inactivity or the types of foods you eat, it's the calories. It's true that junk foods are high calorie, so cutting them out will be a big help.

Use myfitnesspal to count, scan packaged stuff and weigh the things you make yourself to get calorie counts based on the weight of the ingredients.

If you're lazy you can just be very careful and eat small portions of homecooked stuff, but again that will make the Losertown estimate inaccurate.

All that said, try to start walking 10k steps a day using your phones pedometer to count. People think walking isn't exercise, and they're wrong. It's easy, and you probably get at least 5,000 steps a day already anyway

All you can do is your best

to the faggot in the last thread who said "stay fat" because I called him a retard for saying people who eat rice are never gonna make it

kill yourself you autistic keto shill I've lost 75lbs and I eat brown rice all the time

go eat some fucking bacon grease you drooling mongoloid fuck

fuck rice

It's ok user just don't eat too much rice

If I am doing IF and only eating 1000 calories a day will I die lifting 3 days a week?

6'2'' 250 atm and trying to get under 200 before next year

It's hippie bullshit. APV can be great for a nice bite if you add it to foods, but isn't some sort of miracle thing. Learning to eat nutritionally clean is far more important to weight loss than that stuff.

No.

Rate my routine.
I'm not counting calories because I normally fall off when I do that. Instead I'm cutting fast food and beer (both of which are my main source of calories) and trying to cook for myself every night and eat healthy. Only liquids are black coffee, green tea and whiskey.

>Couch to 5K
>40 Body Squats
>20 Push ups
>20 Sit Ups
>30 second plank

Everything will go up with the couch to 5K program as well. But I'm wondering if I should add any other body weight stuff to my routine.

I'm 6'5" 245lbs btw

Not counting calories is okay.
Drinking whiskey instead of beer is not okay. Of course, if it's like once a week, no problem at all. But be careful.

Just focus on being light-hearted and keep her laughing. This signals to her you are not taking the date too seriously which is an alpha mindset. It allows her to relax around you and feel comfortable, which is one of the main things women want. Do not underestimate the benefits of making a girl laugh.

I look like a fatter chris-chan.

if you lose too much too quick you'll end up like those people with HUGE skin flaps when they finally get to a healthy weight

You'll need surgery to fix it if you go too quick and that ain't cool, you'll end up looking even worse than simply being fat

take your time, spend an extra year to reach your goal and eat a little more.

legit

I get drunk every night and I need something to drink.

6 shots of whiskey has 420 calories. That's not too bad.
I could go with ever clear but idk how much the calories are for that and drinking that shit straight is akin to drinking hand sanitizer

1700 Calories a day at 5'6'' isn't losing too fast user

im on the heavy side (6' 200lbs) but i just want to get bigger and stronger

ive kind of just got a dadbod right now

is eating a lot of extra food without counting calories and working out a ton a good idea? i dont want visible muscles i just wanna be big

Just be yourself bro, be confident.

CUT SODA.
If you drink anything other than water you wont make it.
Routine is pretty fine for a fatty tho

>only liquids are black coffee, green tea, and whiskey

>cut soda

Great advice.

I just bought another 5 gallon tub of ice cream and ate directly out of it. I hate myself. Should I throw it out? It seems wasteful.

start your diet after you finish your ice cream user

>hey user, I bought you a milkshake

>I hate myself
>should I throw it out? It seems wasteful.

What's more important : not wasting a meaningless commodity that actively makes you feel bad about yourself, or starting to improve yourself?

Think carefully. If you don't like what you are doing change your behavior.

How much water per day minimum to lose weight?