Is Rock climbing Veeky Forums approved?

Is Rock climbing Veeky Forums approved?

No rock climbing is ducking gay

You might as well climb up some dudes legs to suck his cock

I don't know but I'm looking to get into it. Any tips/advice?

I'd go to a climbing gym right now but I'm 100lb overweight. I tried climbing one of those kiddies walls that they have in public parks and it was easy tho. I also climb truss at work which gets tiring fast.

We ain't all manlets faggots

dunno what to say man you wont be able to progress to a decent level overweight, it'll be your main limiting factor to progress

No.

It's all bout relative strength and not absolute. Guys with high relative strength will never have issues fitting through doors.

so body:door ratio is the rating of Veeky Forums approval?

There also probably won't be anyone around heavy enough to belay me, kek. That's my main issue actually, along with the looks I'll get.

Probably just gonna wait until I lose more weight.

You technically can do it, just get a ground anchor, just a sling and a carabiner. I remember belaying adults as a kid with one and it was fine.

This. Up to double your bodyweight should be possible. Unpleasant but possible.

yeah rock climbing is great
doing it with strength training is even better

theres a fucking penis in his arm what do you think

as usual, fpbp

I did a lot of climbing when I was a teen.
It's really fun, but it won't make you Veeky Forums.

Good climbing is about spending the least amount of energy per metre.
That means minimal arms maximum legs.

The only thing that my climbing experience gave me was big fucking forearms. It really does make grip strength a priority.

My instructor was a French orangutan named Xavier. His arms reached his knees and he had Popeye forearms.
That's the body ideal for climbing

Training to lift heavy weights is actually useful, you'll save someone's life or your own one day.

Pinned under a bookshelf? no problem.

When are you ever going to need to climb rocks?

Tell me you don't bench

I went to a rock climbing gym near my house for a month before I realized that everyone who goes there has no other interests in their lives other than rock climbing. It's literally all they think about. I live in california though, so it's 100% single tech-working males aged 22-30 that need to do something sporty to put on their Tinder/Bumble profile.

There are people on Veeky Forums who don't lift? O_o

Rock climbing is fucking radical. I just took a day off and went climbing with my buddy. We climbed 100 m cliff, didn't see another soul all day. Life is pretty fucking good.

Being overweight and climbing is going to be hard. If you do it and really enjoy it then stick to it for a while and be humble and your body will adapt. It's 100% not the most efficient way to lose weight/train but if you have fun and stick to it, that matters more.

Very true. When I learned traditional climbing it was literally all I would think about / train for and do. The experiences and climbs got to be so intense the rest of my life had it's volume turned down. Going from a fairly interesting job to life and death situations in the alpine really puts shit into perspective.

size is the prize

>O_o

>You might as well climb up some dudes legs to suck his cock

new meme, making every work out or sport somehow end up being about gay sex

Climbing makes you fucking shredded. Maximum muscle for the least weight with insane core strength

This. Core strength has to be immense especially on any sort of overhang. Bouldering needs explosive strength too.

to be honest if your doing it as a hobby you wont see gains but if you really get into it and train for it you can get fit. Overall its a good excuse to skip leg day but not everyone wants huge quads

I don't think so. I mean we are all lifting as a hobby, and we are still making gains (more or less). If you only climb once a week for one hour then you won't see much progress, but I guess if you're doing it 3 times a week and maybe throw in some extra hours in the sommer (and you are living close to some nice boulders) then it will be fine.
Met a guy who has been doing it for 10 years, and he was quite ripped

I did it for a long time and it feels real nice. There are some nice analogies to weightlifting in that strength is important, there is progressive overload, and you know how good you are by some numbers, also both can be done more fanatically than most other activities.
But climbing at some point becomes extremely repetitive (can you do it also if all the holds are even smaller and even further apart and it's even steeper?), also trains your muscles in a quite imbalanced, flexor-centric way.
But to get the girls climbing is of course far superior, problem is that if she also climbs (which she shoulds) she either sucks or she gets wide shoulders from it.

If you do both then you will suck at both.
Climbing punishes leg and biceps muscle. It's all forearms, core, shoulders, upper back.

thats an old meme tho

of course doing anything once a week wouldnt yield results. three times a week is on the boarder of being a serious climber. i climb that much and inbetween days i wait lift and my physique/ fitness level is pretty good. Just saying youll get a different physique from climbing than you would from weight lifting,

>That means minimal arms maximum legs.

Well that's completely the oposite in fact.

Beginners are told to rely on their legs because for some reasons they often don't use them enough. But, past a certain level the upper body muscles are way more solicited than legs muscles.

However biceps curls won't help you that much. What you need is absurd grip strength (and finger tendon strength), perctoral muscles, delts, lats, traps and a lot of core strength/endurance. Biceps and triceps are also (of course) helpfull but not so much.

From the legs what you really need is flexibility, not muscles. Just look at the pro climbers, it's like they skipped leg day from birth. is a good example of that.

Now remember that even though climbing require explosive strength it is an endurance sport above all else. What you want to optimize is your power/weight ratio and such ratios are maximal at LOW weight. Which explains why pro climbers looks like angry skeletons who started lifting 2 month ago but skipped leg days.

a meme as old as time itself

>has no other interests in their lives other than rock climbing
man thats a massive problem with it. 90% of the people who do it regularly are fucking hippie faggots who do nothing but climb.

OwO

why does he have a penis in his arm?

Dumbest thing I've read on Veeky Forums all day

Is it mandatory to be an absolute fucking madman to climb rocks?