ITT real life supervillains

This dude who was basically a low-ranking general in the SS led a unit composed mostly of former criminals and did pretty much nothing but commit war crimes. The whole concept sounds like something out of a comic book or fantasy novel. Just take a convicted child rapist, recruit a few thousand other criminals into the army, give them uniforms and training, give them guns, and then just set them loose.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._H._Holmes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ochota_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oberführer
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schrecklichkeit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Literally why? What was the purpose?

This madman

To terrify civilians. I think that they were used during the Warsaw Uprising because Hitler was so pissed off with poles that he wanted irrational, violent revenge.

The Germans believed that civilian reprisals were an effective method to counter partisan activity.

PROTIP: they aren't

well i know about the death of Heydrich and the retaliations, as well as Oradour-sur-Glane, but this is altogether different. gang raping young women and hanging their bodies naked in public? impaling babies on bayonets? literally why. this is an entirely new category of "retaliation for partisan activity". what was the endgoal? was Hitler aware of Dirlewangler's activities?

I thought you said you wanted supervillians not absolute monsters

Because it started off with Oscar being a high muckity-muck with the SS brass who was put into power via nepotism within the party. Originally it was formed of former poachers and otherwise woods-savvy criminals to hunt down partisans on the ostfront who used guerrilla tactics and disappeared into the woods. A pretty sound idea, really.

Then it just snowballed into filling casualties within the ranks from penal battalion rejects and legitimate violent criminals, with oversight by a sadomasochistic psychopath, which went just about as well as you'd expect.

Not exactly a supervillain, more like government-sanctioned serial killer with an entire brigade element behind him. They were so shitty at combat that they got kicked out of pretty much any SS division they got attached to, and suffered terrible losses in a civilian uprising in Warsaw, because they were more concerned with getting drunk, raping, sadism, and stealing anything of worth that wasn't bolted down.

The absolute madman!

Don't forget that they got absolutely fucking destroyed the first time they actually went up against Red Army veterans.

Initially it was assumed a bunch of poachers would work well in a tracking role against partisans and originally that was all the battalion consisted of (except Dirle who for some reason was given command, I guess because he'd done prison time?), then they started enlisting rapists and murderers and every other psycho who would sign up into the battalion

>dude
go back

t. Chaim Goldbergstein

because if you are out of men you need to start sending the scum to the front.
but honest men do not want to fight next to scum
so you make a unit just for this scum
normally you put a sane and very strict disciplinarian at the head of such a scum unit to keep them in check
this time you get a sadist in charge
combine that with a no mercy order and bob's you painfully tortured to death uncle

bruh, look at this dude.

Was he really that bad? Please send me sources of this guy. I don't believe you. I think he was a good guy.

he almost certainly wasn't he was trying to micro manage a losing world war at that point.

Also some of the stories need to be taken with a grain of salt. I'm inclined to believe testimony of other germans on their conduct but a bit of black propaganda is not beyond the poles.

>not using blue for his eyes

I wish he hadn't blown his load early with that poorly organized gas attack, when his cult was working on atom bombs in the Australian wasteland.

He was a colonel not a general.

I bet this is what Albert Fish would have done if he was given a military command

OP said bad guys

I mean this guy was a real jerk

>A Chankiri Tree or Killing Tree was a tree in the Cambodian Killing Fields against which children and infants were smashed because their parents were accused of crimes against the Khmer Rouge. It was so the children "wouldn't grow up and take revenge for their parents' deaths". Some of the soldiers laughed as they beat the children against the trees, as not laughing could have indicated sympathy, making oneself a target.

A Pol Pot, the worlds foremost proponent of radical brainletism

>Some of the soldiers laughed as they beat the children against the trees, as not laughing could have indicated sympathy, making oneself a target
that has got to be the most evil sentence i've ever read

Sternberg may have fought for a righteous cause, but he did some very naughty things. Like letting his army pillage the capital of Mongolia for three days, raping and murdering much of the civilian population.

>not using blue for his eyes

it depends user, do you prefer the truth or wehraboo wet dreams?

a purpose-built facility for luring and trapping unsuspecting victims, then experimenting on them before murdering them; in public in a huge metropolis and maintaining a respectable public persona--sounds like a supervillian, right?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._H._Holmes

What the fuck was his problem?

Was there even an ounce of good in his rule? Even the most infamous dictators did something right.

I have no idea why this division gets portrayed as some kind of racial elite full of propaganda-brainwashed fanatics, like their portrayal in Come and See. Half of them were freed Soviet POWs who were pretty much given the choice between starving to death and fighting the Reds, so they fought the Reds only half-assedly and ran away at every opportunity, and the other half were convicted pedophiles, faggots, gypsies and rapists who likewise had no interest in actually fighting and just wanted to fuck shit up. Dirlewanger himself as well, he wasn't some sort of Nazi hardliner full of ideological zeal, but a pedophile sadist acting out his fetishes in the wild.

Fuck off Palmer.

it wasn't real communism

It was literally all good. I'm not a communist at all and I see nothing wrong with burning down cities, physically exterminating the urbanite subhumans and making people do hard agricultural work in cohesive rural communities.

He was a nasty guy

Wear the glasses, get no passes
Do it again Comrade Sar

Come and See is about the RONA, not Dirlewanger. RONA was actually worse

Pol Pot was right desu. Just meeting any city "people" is enough to prove it so.

why do you
structure your posts
like a
faggot?

I'm not fucking kidding.

This man was unhinged. He had former friends, family and associates executed, expunged or even exiled (if they were lucky) for the slightest provocation.

He starved his own people, allowed his nation to be lulled into a false state of security with Nazi Germany, and allowed untold millions of his citizens to die from abuse, negligence and neglect by the state. He imprisoned and executed millions more on even more hollow pretenses, doing away with the concept of due process entirely.

He executed the flower of russian military competency found in its officer corps which was responsible for winning the russian civil war, defending against the Japs and the western intervention in addition to subjecting his military to the whims of political officers.

Wherever Stalin's grasp extended, untold suffering followed.

If rumors are to be believed, Tito was right to have him taken out.

>He starved his own people
To the best of my knowledge Georgia had no problem with the famines of the 20's and early 30's

I'm referring to collective farms and Lysenkoism. Russian grain and foodstuff production plummeted after the Kulaks were executed.

>He married his first wife, Ekaterina Svanidze, in 1906. According to Montefiore, theirs was "a true love match";[799] Volkogonov suggested that she was "probably the one human being he had really loved"
>She died in Stalin's arms 5 December [O.S. 22 November] 1907.[23]
>he reportedly said "with her died my last warm feelings for humanity." Years later, several of her family members were executed during Stalin's purges.
It's like his life was ripped right out of TVTropes

I just looked at the films wiki page and it says it's based off the Dirlewanger brigade.
However the film does include soviet auxiliaries.

if he gets shot during barbarossa it might have been over for the reds so they just kept with him

the fact that he took the bait from the germans to cleanse his entire military just proves how clever they were

He wasn't Russian though

>savagely beaten to death by Polish guards
based

except they never found his body
so he probably was hired by the french against any commie insurgency

France hired german scientist and SS soldier fought in the foreign legion so it wouldn't be that surprising.

They exhumed the body though, shame they destroyed it so they couldn't do a DNA test on it

Will Jared Leto play him in the movie?

it was not his though, the french never would give away someone so precious as direlwanged after numerous battles against the commies even if his unit was kind of weak

>numerous battles against the commies
I know there's a joke about how the French always surrender but Dirlewangers unit ran away from just about every single fight it was ever involved in, they specialized in shooting unarmed civilians and eachother
>kind of weak
The greatest accomplishment was burning some shops down and raping some Polish nurses

Reading about the Khmer Rouges, you will say that many times.

No. It was a unique combination of totally retarded and evil as fuck.

nice

fell for the bait

>totally retarded
Being smart is bad so they accomplished what they set out to do

What's RONA do so bad? Not challenging you, but it's just hard to get a concise list and personal anecdotes of butchery without reading pages upon pages of operational history.

>What's RONA do so bad?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ochota_massacre
It's worth noting that before this they only advanced 275 meters against 300 poorly armed Poles, it's basically a special unit for rape and murder

this nigga rite here, he should've waited to get those helicopters operational

Considering they could only manufacture a single AR clone I highly doubt that was feasible, fucking Paki's in Khyber Pass do better with less

>I see nothing wrong with burning down cities, physically exterminating the urbanite subhumans and making people do hard agricultural work in cohesive rural communities.

Unironically this

Communists are subhuman vermin who deserve nothing short of total extermination

Have there been any real life superheroes?

Rumor has it he could kill Union soldiers with just the pure hatred of his stare

none of note, morality is a severe disadvantage when it comes to gaining power

Audie Murphy is unusually similar to Captain America.

Teddy Roosevelt to Batman.

He was obsessed with gas. He wasn't thinking rationally. It's amazing his cult got as far as it did. Thank God the police stopped them. Some of them are still at it, tho.

This makes me sad, it seems like every cool political leader or military commander has some kind of dark shit if you read up on them enough

for you

He was a brigade commander, and effectively a general of the brigadier rank. His actual rank, Oberführer, had no equivalent in the regular Wehrmacht.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oberführer
>Since Brigadeführer was rated equal to a Generalmajor, and Standartenführer to an Oberst, Oberführer had no military equivalent and quickly became regarded as a senior colonel rank.[4] This distinction continues in historical circles with most texts referring to Oberführer as a senior colonel rank[4][5] while some others state it has a military equivalent to a British Army brigadier.[6]

>Kaminski was half Polish, half German and considered himself a Russian
Make sense of this

Charlemagne
>inb4 Saxon butthurt

Every single communist/leftist

Later in life, when Stalin achieved prominence in the communist regime in the 1920s, his mother was installed in a palace in the Caucasus, formerly used by the tsar's viceroy. There she is said to have occupied only one tiny room from where she wrote frequent letters (in Georgian – she never managed to learn good Russian) to her son and daughter-in-law.

Stalin visited his mother very rarely after the Revolution. Beria took responsibility for her care. Stalin wrote letters to Keke occasionally. These letters were affectionate and upbeat, but short; it took him an excessively long time to write them because it had become difficult for him to write in Georgian (the only language his mother understood). N. Kipshidze, a doctor who treated Keke in her old age, recalled that when Stalin visited his mother in October 1935, he asked her: "Why did you beat me so hard?" "That's why you turned out so well", Keke answered. In return, his mother asked him: "Joseph – who exactly are you now?" "Do you remember the tsar? Well, I'm like a tsar", replied Stalin. "You'd have done better to have become a priest" was his mother's retort.

>That account from one German about how they showed up to Warsaw reeking of alcohol and running around throwing grenades and shooting everything without any tactics
>300% losses
Truly real human beans and real an heros.

Fuckin moms, every time.

Beria was head of the Soviet secret police for about 15 years. His job was basically to kidnap, torture, and murder random people for Stalin. That was his job, but he also had hobbies. Every night he would get in his limousine and have his driver cruise the streets of Moscow. When he saw a teenage girl out walking who he liked, he'd order his men to bring her back to headquarters. There he'd wine and dine them with an expensive feast (the people were starving at this time) then fuck them in his soundproofed office. If they resisted, he killed them. He buried them in the walls or under the floor of the headquarters, as well as his own house. He did this every night for fifteen years. Beria had the full power of the Society apparatus at his his disposal. His superiors, including Stalin, knew all about his hobbies and didn't care. After Stalin died, his successor ordered Beria killed. Beria wept and begged for his life. His executioner shoved a dirty sock into his mouth to shut him up, then shot him.

-t. butthurt geneticist
Have fun in your gulag while CHAD brutally FUCKS your crops

Here's to my knowledge one of the only photos of Dirlewanger on the front, probably in Poland. (idk if it's staged)

Dated late 1944/early 1945. The staff member to his right has a Bandenkampfabzeichen
aka "Bandit-fight badge" so he's probably been with the unit for quite some time. Can't imagine what Dirlewanger must be thinking, definitely knowing he'd be put to death for war crimes after everything was over. Think one day he got injured, got sent home and just never came back some time in April

>letting Beria take care of your mom

Top lel

Post war kike propaganda
Right up there with masturbation death machines and oven roller coasters

Pic related was pretty great.
Autarky not even once.
>tfw no sitcom about Beria balancing his job and personal life with taking care of Stalin's mom

>Lavrentiy, what happened to that nice girl you met the other day?

Stalin knew better than to let Beria take care of his daughter.

In fact, when he found out Beria was in the same building as his daughter, he immediately called and told her under no circumstances to leave with him and to come home immediately.

That was a general, not stalin

yes, it goes back to First World War
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schrecklichkeit

Marcus Aurelius

>Can't imagine what Dirlewanger must be thinking

He was probably wondering which Polish girl he should rape and murder next. The Jewess with the black hair and blue eyes or the gentile with blonde hair and brown eyes?

>"Joseph – who exactly are you now?" "Do you remember the tsar? Well, I'm like a tsar", replied Stalin. "You'd have done better to have become a priest" was his mother's retort.
People are laughing at this but this is actually a really powerful piece of writing, I could see this being a really big quote from a novel or something. A man who loves his mother finally has supreme power, but she's too simple to really understand t so he puts it in a way that she can understand. But she just wanted her boy to have a nice life. Something about "Do you remember the tsar? Well, I'm like a tsar" reminds me of Faulkner for some reason.

He was Jesus's cousin right? Or Jesus' reincarnation?

Hans Kalm is pretty much this in Finland

> Surname literally means grave in old Finno-Ugric
> Estonian farmer who joined the Imperial Russian Army
> Deserted army in 1917, returned to Estonia to start an army of his own, sees his house burnt, kills the responsible Bolsheviks and flees vindication to Finland
> Secretly trains local rangers into a militia in central Finland in anticipation for civil war
> His forces execute 11 wounded red soldiers being treated in field hospital and the two medics treating them
> Disobeyed 22/23 commands he received from his higher ups near the war, believing that they tried to rob him of his fame
> First white battalion to make contact with the Germans (who had entered the war from Southern coast, whereas the Whites were located on Northern and Western parts of Finland)
> Put in charge of the largest PoW camp, resulting in some 600 summary executions including 85% of the women killed in the war, most of them being under 20 year old girls
> Personally shot the military leader of Reds
> Gets fed up with the Finnish political scene, returns to Estonia with more success
> Starts planning invasion of Ingermanland and St. Petersburg, only to be thwarted by his own allies
> Retuns to Finland post war and starts a medical practise, only to constantly lose his license due to killing patients with homepathy and acupuncture instead of proper care
> Studied surgery in Mexico

> funded by US Government for a decade after being deposed by Vietnamese government

> allowed his nation to be lulled into a false state of security with Nazi Germany
but Stalin literally believed that the invasion would not take place

Quite a few of those late 19th century/early 20th century Anarchist/labour union heroes who could instantly gain a following of twenty thousand workers wherever are not far.