What does/fit/ think of archery? What's the most poundage people here can pull back?

What does/fit/ think of archery? What's the most poundage people here can pull back?

t. Poundlet

I use a 50lb draw on receive, but only because it's close to the Olympic standard. Haven't tried higher poundage but I'd bet I'd be fine till around 80lbs.

It's engages a lot of isometric strength which is nice if you aren't doing that for your right arm already. Speaking of which, it utilizes your arms differently so I like to do cable exercises for both arms mimicing the draw on back day.

I can rep over 150 on dB rows so probably around that

Oh man archery was fun. Makes me wish I'd continued with it. I can't remember for the life of me what our bows were rated at, but it was pretty low. Thanks for reminding me of that neat class

nice bait

Is that you in the pic op? Got thick ass wrist compared to hand size.

I use a 70 lber for hunting

Useless
Unless you are an elf willing to fight the Orcs from Somalia

Hurr durr. As far as practicality, anything much above 45lbs becomes an uneccessary ego poundage. 45 is what native american bows were consistently drawn at, and it was plenty to achieve full penetration with stone arrowheads like obsidian through all sorts of animals, including elk. If you're using much above that, especially if its on a compound, you're a raging faggot. All that being said, my recurve is weighed at 55lbs; I bought it before knowing the above info. I can practice with it for about an hour before fully drawing it becomes tedious and I'm worn out.

Yeah you either jerk off to "Oh god I pull 70 Im so strong" or just don't know better. I bet you praise the sun god every time you pull it too.

Also, if thats you OP in the picture;
>Shitty form
>No tab
>No wristguard (can get away with it)
>Aiming down the arrow shaft, kek
>Wrong arrow fletching pointing out
>Goofy as fuck barbed ornamental looking arrowhead

Hold up what's wrong with praising the sun god at any given time

is that really how one pulls back this kind of bow?

It means having to pull the bow string down from a vertical position to horizontal to shoot, its common when people pull too high of a weight.

no

you think this nigger shootin arrows in his bedroom, wtf

sure, that would excuse the lack of tab and wristguard, and arrowhead. Doesn't account for the bad form or aiming down the shaft. People have done weirder things than potentially shoot arrows in thier house anyway.

The only blacked that pisses me off

GO AWAY JOE

Piss off to your containment board, /pol/cuck. This board is about Veeky Forums things not about your fantasies.

The island they found me on is called Lian Yu.
It's Mandarin for purgatory.

He was probably talking about a 70 pound compound, since a 70 pound recurve would be retarded. If you weren't so eager to shit post your fedora status about your hobby you might have thought about this. To that, 70 pounds on a modern compound is still overkill, but fuck it, let the man have his fps if he wants.

calm your tits, better yet put some chest guard

Archery is for pussies
Spear and shield master race

For the range, I agree with you, but surely you don't look down on our ancestors' warbows? The Romans used he lightest I believe at 60lbs, a general one was 70-80, and of course the English Longbows were out of this world.

Heavier poundage equates to more range, and more range on the battlefield is always good.

do you really need those caterpillar silencers for hunting?

It's a dumb picture, paramount to the whole "I'm such a gamer girl playing PS4" with a generic hot girl holding an xbone controller.

The only reason any of us are here anyways are to sperg out and be utterly autistic about the most minor things anyways, while circle jerking CBT threads and e-stating. If theres anything I'm going to be overly specific and critical about it might as well be something I know things about. You can also buy recurves at 70lbs anyday, why is that retarded aside from the aforementioned reasons? Yes, yes it is overkill.

Oh, I suppose not. However, we can assume from OP's picture that he's not a historian buff or re-enactor from such a time period. This assumption coming from 1. String silencers; what use besides hunting would these have in modern times and 2. The bows construction, its not a time piece and looks quite modern.

No no on the contrary, war bows are pretty neat. They're obviously designed for a different purpose than hunting though, which seemed to be the premise behind OP's picture.

String silencers are actually useful. Deer are known to "jump the string", which means some skiddish deer will run the second they hear the "twang" of the string being released.

I was an archery champ as a kid/teen, represented my country shot both recurve/compound.

Wish I'd never done it honestly because my OHP is shit now because of my fucked up unbalanced shoulder strength/mobility

Dumbbell OHP

Just my 2 cents but every person i've met who did archery was a beta whiny bitch.

Why do europoors use recurve bows, when the compound exists?

Long bows go pretty damn heavy, I wonder what it would be like to fire and hold volleys of a 110lb long bow compared to db rowing the same weight for reps.

why people use free weight when smith machine exist?

The smith machine isn't a direct upgrade over freeweights.

The compound is a direct upgrade to the recurve.

Recurve bows are the only ones allowed at the Olympics.
Got ya covered illiterate burger, don't worry.

you use both traps with bows but only one side with rows and are you doing super slow reps? because drawing a bow isn't just about how much you can pull but also what can you hold steadily

So?

They have no rifle events in the olympics either. What is your point?

unless you using compound

Must be hard work, I bet archers had sick lats and biceps.

no love for tricep? it has to be keeping the bow arm straight after all