/run/ - running

What's today's workout lads?

>tfw interval day but stuck on the elliptical

Other urls found in this thread:

strava.com/clubs/fitizens
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hill sprints and weighted pullups brah

My foot feels okay again. Had plantar fasciitis.

But now I'm too scared to run wtf do I do? Please advise me

Distance work. 21k today. At least the weather is nice

I have a nasty plater wart on my foot. Its starting to hurt

just finished 16km midweek shits and giggles run. Been too humid here for any speed work. Heat is killing me but glad to get out after the rain, meant temp dropped significantly. Least enough to make me not feel like I am shitting my legs off as I run.

gonna pick up running again, but my motivation gets destroyed when I am not able to maintain more than 1 km distance. Makes me feel pathetic.

Doing them calf exercises to get rid of this achilles tendonitis

13k run today

It's recovery day today

Recovering from 14k yesterday, just doing push ups, sit ups, pull ups etc.

qt grill gave me kudos on strava.
I'm gonna make it, r-right lads?

Two mile followed by quarter mile sprints until I reach 5.5. Trying to up my run speeds for the APFT.

It seems a lot of people come to Veeky Forums or even /run/ for army related reasons, is it that common? What makes people so interested in joining the army? Not saying o think is weird or anything, i really respect it, but I would never consider doing so myself

I want to experience it. If I like it and stay in, great. If not, I leave and get the fringe benefits. All I lose is a few years, and I can't even really call it losing them when I get paid and have access to good healthcare.

Threadly reminder. Join in the fun
strava.com/clubs/fitizens

I feel like I'm in a funk.
On Sunday I did 9 miles and suffered through it. Took Monday off, and did 5 miles yesterday and 3 miles yesterday and today. Just feel like everything is off.
Light shin discomfort, minor knee 'pain', not feeling as comfortable with my breaths early/middle into the run.
Any thoughts other than take time off and rest? It's certainly getting warmer/humid out, but I just feel uncomfortable running now when I felt very good before.

back, doing some heavy diddlys today.

Well, heavy for me...
>TFW live far away from town and only gym within 1 hr is small and has no free weight racks.
>tfw have to squat + deadlift on smith machine

Gonig for 3 pl8 smith diddly today for 5 reps.

couple of years back, I overstretched my right knee to the right side during tennis. knee felt weak and if it was bent for 10 minutes it really started to hurt.

I let it it completely heal and it never bothered me again, ( I never did any activities anymore that put a lot of stress on the knee)
forward 3 years:
Started running, 3 times in 2 weeks 5km.
after the 3rd time my knee started hurting.
we're a week later, have refrained from running but it doesn't feel ok, it feels a bit weak/out of place.

is running forever a no go for me?

would a knee band help?

Thanks for the explanation, I understand

I will be going back to running next week after a 7 month break due to a long vacation. I used to run 5km 5 times a week, about 25min, for a year.

This time i was planning on running the same 5k 5x due to time constraints, and then going for long distance runs every Sunday, Saturday being a rest day, since i want to start training for marathon running. Thing is, i want to be able to run a 20min 5k and train for a Marathon at the same time. Is this possible or am i gonna snap my shit? I was planning my first marathon at 2019 so i have enough time to work everything and prevent injuries, is this good enough or do i need more time?

Its one of those things that you know youll regret later in life if you dont do it. Not gunna lie, theres times where its shit and all you want is to be back at home or down the pub, but overall its something you can be proud of, it teaches you good disciplines and how your body is only as strong as your mind. It will physically destroy you if you stay in too long though.

>non amerifat
>Uni delayed a year already due to public schools teachers strike
>had to choose between starting uni at 21 or joining the military (here it's common to go into uni at 18, so huge family pressure)
>regret every walking day not joining the army

hurts

Salazar and Beardsley. Nice pic, OP.

They ran themselves so retarded that neither recovered.

Use the elliptical until your PF is 100%

I mean, that is pathetic so...

Should be able to get a 20 min 5k in like, 6 months. Then you can up the mileage from there.

>i want to be able to run a 20min 5k and train for a Marathon at the same time
Why aren't those 2 events possible to train for concurrently?

Both of those events are 95%+ aerobic. The training is almost identical, with the exception of longer tempos and longer long runs needed for the marathon.

i dunno, i'm also lifting 5x a week, sandbag hitting and was considering starting BJJ, so i'm afraid of overtraining

Instead of doing 4 things shitty, why not do one or two things well?

Are you a 9 year old on summer break?

30min treamill running + 1h lifting 5x a week
30min sandbag hitting and streching + long distance every sunday

i honestly don't see what the problem is with this. BJJ is just changing to a 3x lifting for 1:30 hour and then doing it on the 2 other days. Are you one of those fags that can only do a single thing all their lives?

Must be nice to be unemployed with no gf.
>Are you one of those fags that can only do a single thing all their lives?
No. I focus on one or two things at a time.

>Must be nice to be unemployed with no gf.

i'm a mech. eng student ,speak 4 languages, am learning the 5th and work in a uni lab. It's called waking up early and managing your time. Restricting Veeky Forums and video game also helps

The gf comment hurts tho, totally uncalled for

Good for you, nerd

What are some reasonable shoes for running outside on gravel trails and dirt? Would Nike Frees be acceptable?

I find that a lot of little rocks get stuck all over the place in the sole. I don't really notice or care, but they are there. Just know that.
Besides that they are very commendable shoes imo

Looking to break 25 min 5k, all workout plans are behind paywalls. Please help.

Rest days keep killing my routine.
Is there any way I can lower my mileage and run every day? It's a lot easier to stick to it if it's routine every day.

The deal money-wise isn't bad, the opportunities and lifestyle are pretty good.

25min is pretty slow. literally just run more, you'll get there

I restarted running after like a year of sitting on my ass and did it the first time in 30 min, then yesterday did it in 28:47 but i gave it my all. After I guessed I should do it at 30 min for a couple days until I get more confortable at it before going for a new PR and i remembered there are actual training plans I can follow blindly to improve so here I am.

Did 10 km on the weekend and got stung on the joint of my knee by a wasp and shortly discovered I was allergic to wasps. Finished my run tho and did 20 lb weighted backpack run the next day.

Gonna maybe do a short jog when I get home and do some archery for a couple hours.

Been adding sprinting to my archery when I grab my arrows from the target.

probably the weather, what's the rest of your week like?
go see a doctor

Tomorrow is 5, then a rest day, then biking, then 9 miles again on Sunday. I'll probably not bike, and just use it as an extra rest day since I'll be out of town, though.

Run 3 times a week, one 5k in 30 minutes, one faster 5k (don't go all out, just faster than 30 min), . and one slower longer run (start at 6k and build up to 10 or so). Do this for a month or so and you're basically guaranteed a sub 25.
Also, if you want to run more times per week, just add another 30min 5k.

do easy ride. real easy ride. high cadence, try to keep the blood moving but gently with the muscles. It helps.

I managed to run a 10K in 47mins yesterday (my record)
How shit is this ?
How to improve this? I run 2 or 3 times a week

>/run/ thread
"Hi anons I want to get in shape and make my run times faster."

>run at a really slow relaxed pace for 57 miles to build up that aerobic capacity
>do that 5 times a week
>just keep running real slow and relaxed
>Maybe then you will actually be fast. These threads are memes.
>inb4 nah uh I said do one tempo run a week
>inb4 I said do hillsprints once a month

Makes sense, danke.

>/lift/ thread
>uuuuuuh pick things up then put them back down

I'm pointing out here that the answer to everything put forth in these threads is "run at a relaxed slow pace for 57 miles" when that is in fact horrible advice.

Today is my rest day. Yesterday, I had intervals:

>1 mile warm-up
>3x1mile @ 7min/mi pace
>recovery for 2 minutes with 11:30min/mi pace
>1 mile cool down

>GOTTA GO FAST!!!

yeah, easy distance is just a meme

Just slow down. Focus on time, not distance. Just start with 20min at a time or something.

>easy ride
Is this a thing?

>doesn't know the difference between different exercise
Protip: long, slow runs builds your aerobic capacity. Also, it also facilitates capilliarization. Running relaxed helps you keep good form.

>tempo run
Helps with lactate threshold and allowing you to get used to running at a faster speed for longer periods. You should do one once a week.

>hill sprints
Helps with VO2max. Do them once a week. Never once do I ever read in these threads to do them once a month.

Your post would be more accurate if it were:
>HALP GUYS! I GOT SHIN SPLINTS! WHAT DO I DO?
>Uhhh, this is the 10th time we've answered this in just this thread. Slow the fuck down, check your form, and get better shoes. Maybe even wait until you can do a good distance before focusing on speed. The more distance you do, the faster you will become.
>BUT I DON'T WANNA!!!!!!! WAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

[insert yo'momma joke here]

What do I need to do to get a 10:30 1.5 mile into a 9:30 1.5 mile while training for distance? I have no idea about how to make a routine out of running I kinda just been getting outside and running three miles and see how fast I do it or do track sprints

Also hills are non-existent where i live so scratch out hill-runs.

I currently can run 4 kilometers with pace of 5min30sec/km. If I want to run 10km in 45min how do I train? Do I first speed up my pace on 4 kilometers or do I increase distance while staying at the same pace?

>no hills
on ramps
stairs
bridges
river banks
kids play equipment

>ran half a mile up and down a children's slide before some angry soccer moms yell at me to go away

Do you live in an area with no stairs?

>pls remember to join so we can find out where you anonymous posters live!

It's ok to ask stupid questions user. Strava has a privacy area setting.

do some barefoot running and build up your foot strength and dexterity. use a treadmill or run in the grass

Nigga you'll be running multiple kilometres in no time, just push through the initial hardship. Three weeks from now you're definitely gonna be able to run 1 km without stopping, so you're gonna regret not starting today pretty soon.

Did 10 miles in 90 minutes. Pretty happy.

Never thought in a million years I'd say this, but I'm fucking addicted now.

Probably common sense, but try running with a buddy. All of my fastest 5k times came when running with someone else to push myself.

How to get gains while doing cardio everyday??

Eat more.
I'm up to 3500-4000 calories per day every day. Less and I lose energy for everything.

how much are you running?

How crucial is it to have proper running shoes?

How much do I have to run to increase my metabolism?

When I run I often get what feels like pain in my bone in my upper right leg. what could possibly be causing that?

Incurable boneitis.

Whenever I go back to regular running I have an issue with ice cold feet, usually when I'm going to bed. Also happens when I'm sitting at my desk, but it's really annoying in the bed because it distracts me from sleep. Sometimes it helps a little if I massage my legs.
I figured it has something to do with my circulation. This only happens when I'm sticking to my routine, If I'm busy and can't run for a week or two, those problems disappear. Anyone has or had anything similar? Do I have to worry?

Also, I'm donating blood whenever I can. Similar thing - if I'm not sticking to my routine, everything is ok, but if I do, quite often they don't let me donate because of unusually low hemoglobin.
I asked my doctor about those things but he basically said "meh".

Yea bro mirin your progress

>tfw all my friends are either slow fuckers or don't like running

>run 22k in 5:50/km ezpz nosweat
>yesterday try intervals to work on speed
>3x 1500m in 4:38/km
>can barely walk today
Why is this allowed?

As usual- ~2:20, including 30min of fast paced walk (around 8km/h) as warmup.

In total 23-25kms .

Did a run last night at midnight and my leg hurt a bit when I was home. Going to go to just go to the gym and sit on an exercise bike for a bit today.

Sprints! Trainer puts me through some movements with a plate, then has me run intervals on the field, rest for a spell, then repeat.

Gonna make it!

>treadmill
treadmill with grass on the belt would be the best

Never works like you imagine. In theory it should be extra motivating because you are supposed to motivate each other, but in reality you struggle not only with keeping up with your routine but also with your friends. I don't remember running with someone more than 3 times, and I tell you - I've tried.

Rudimentary. You should buy a good pair even if you're just starting or trying out to see if it's your thing.
On the bright side, it's the only purchase you'll ever need to do (except for a new pair after you wear off the current one). Literally everything else is bullshit.

>trainer

Do you "break in" your new shoes /run/?
Going to buy a new pair today/tomorrow and I guess that I should do some lighter runs first?
So the chafing doesn't get so bad?

No one gives a fuck about you, don't worry desu...

Hard to explain.
Not the benefits, or any of that much. Something about being a more dangerous and competant person is appealing. Being Veeky Forums without skills to apply it isn't really useful.
Also I want to get a confirmed kill with a bayonet.

I couldn't run with another person. Nope. Gotta go solo.

How do I stretch before a race?

I have my first race ever coming up Saturday, a half marathon in LA.

When I run, I usually do a light mile to warm up, spend 10-15 minutes doing dynamic stretches, and then carry on.

Clearly this won't work race day. What do?

Also, any general first race tips?

How long should I rest between runs for maximum recovery?

Nike Zoom Terra Kiger

Shoes too tight. Get refitted for bigger shoes.

Double dose of Red - easy.

what is the best resource for proper running form

I'm a sprinter. And I'm doing plyos and isometrics today