Shoulder weakness

What alternatives to OHP can I do? This is making me so fucking depressed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sqKhLR1zRaU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Your form is probably fucked.

Arnold press, or DBOHP are pretty good alternatives.

just do them sitting

are you injured or something? just keep going it will improve over time

>Shoulder weakness
You have an everything weakness. You're giving up at the start of a beginner program. Stop being a wimp.

How the fuck are you 100+ kg and can't even lift half a barbell? Is this your first day? Do you lack an arm?
At this point honestly even raising your arms like the sand people from star wars would train you

What does shoulder weakness mean? Do you have an injury? Are these your stats in pic related?

If those are your stats, youre not lifting even close to enough to be validly injured, which means youre lifting with god awful form. First, fix any muscular imbalances. Do subscapularis work and start rowing more. Most people say for every press, you should do one pull/row. If youre not imbalanced, add more volume and frequency. Thats about it.

What I personally do is incline bench, regular bench and a shit ton of reverse flies every work out for shoulders, but I do reverse flies with 5kg dumbbells for high reps and if you can't lift 10kg on OHP you need sub 1kg dumbbells.

Anyway, lose some weight so you can actually move your arms.

Do NOT replace OHP with dumbbell work. The whole point of OHP in a full body 3 day program is to have a barbell press that isn't bench which still helps you progress on bench press. Also because you won't be able to lift 3kg dumbbells if you can't lift a 10kg barbell.

It literally tells you to try the same again next time. You're on a beginniner routine, you will fail repeatedly. Just stick at it.

wtf i'm female and i started off heavier than this

how in the fuck can a 230lbs man not be able to OHP 10kg????

I'm not injured at all. I am seriously just that weak

I'm making progress on everything else (bench is only 12.5 kilo tho).

I've always known I've had weak arms but I never realised just how bad it is.

I just used it as thread name because it's abundantly clear I have extremely weak shoulders.

I'm lifting whilst dieting to do just that, per recommendation from the sticky. My arms are very thin despite my weight, which sits entirety on my stomach and legs.

Do I just empty bar then?

Yea but I've been stuck on 10 (I had to drop it from the 20 it started me on) for about 2 weeks now. Not even being able to complete full 5 sets is telling me this isn't productive.

I mean I'll keep trying but I just wanted to know if I could better train same muscles and actually make some progress.

If your gym has an ohp machine go on that, double the weight you can do for one rep and get Chad to cheat it up for you. Control the eccentric movement. Do this 5 times then go back to your current ohp. After completing that do very light weight high volume side lateral raises.

I wish you were going to my gym so I won't look that bad with my 30 kilo OHP and 50 kilo bench record.

Lateral raises, changing reps, eating/sleeping more and keep hitting it at least twice a week

post your picture for science OP

I unironically recommend doing the following every day
>pick up a broomstick right before bed
>position yourself as if the broomstick is a barbell and you're about to do OHP
>lift it. That's it, just the weight of your arms ant the broomstick
>pay heed to form. Google "alan thrall OHP form" or "rippetoe OHP form" and watch the videos
>do 3 sets to failure. Might be 20 reps, might be 100.
>If it's too light add a supermarket bag on each side with a liter of milk, this should drop the reps very low, that's about 2.5 kg by now
>5 days a week
>every week until you successfully complete 20 kg OHP 5x5 in the gym
>skip NO days
good luck
>Do I just empty bar then?
Mate you're too weak for an empty bar...

So you bench less than the empty bar? What? What bar do you use? As far as I know the small bars weigh 15kg
Or do you mean the bar + 12.5 kg or what?

Watch this youtube.com/watch?v=sqKhLR1zRaU

Is this a joke where you aren't counting the bar weight so 10 kg means 5+5 on a real barbell? (so 30 kg total)
Or, for extra bamboozlement, 10 kg means 10 kg per side (total 40)?
Because if so it was very subtle, congrats

About the broomstick. I'd add that when you imitate OHP with it you grip it tightly and try to push hands to sides. When imitating bench - push the hands to the centre.

Do people usually include the bar when counting?

Yes. The bar weighs 20 fucking kilos, why wouldn't you include that? Some people genuinely struggle to lift the bar alone.

Kek, you got 17 people, excellent ruse.
/thread, go home everyone, we were trolled
>in the 1% case you're serious "10 kg" means 10 kg, "10 kg without the bar" means 30 kg and "10 kg per side" means 40 kg.
Now fuck off

yes.

include the bar.

I'm not OP, it's just that I've only been lifting for a few days and genuinely have no idea.

Only gomad could cure you, cause the bar weight double of what you lift.

I'm not including the bar weight. Was I supposed to do that?

Im putting 5 kilo on each side. I can OHP an empty bar. I do 1 warm up set with empty bar for all excercises. In the case of OHP I do an empty bar set and proceed to fail with weights put on.

I haven't been including bar weights for anything.

Thanks mate. I really appreciate it.

I thought i might also mention both my arms were broken clean as kid but never had long lasting pain from it.

add 20kg to your lifts. You're still weak though 2bh lad

Keep at it m8o. Focus on form, watch a shit ton of videos and read books and articles. At your level it's not about building strength yet, it's about learning how to use the strength you already have.

BTW you should count the bar, if it's a standard bar it's 45lbs/20kg

And what about that changes when using dumbbells?

Nothing.

Do you at leaste use an oly bar or the bitch version of 10/11/15 kg?

Yea I know I'm weak. That's why I'm here.

Cheers lad. Been watching / reading things here and there. Nutrition wise too.

Google tells me I'm using Olly bars

If you don't believe me watch any recorded weightlifting attempt, count the colors (red is 25 kg, blue 20 etc, google it) and compare it to bar weight. If it's the same I lied, if it's 25 kg less it's because of the bar and collar weight
Then your lifts at the OP weight are 52.5, 30 and 65 kg. Since you failed horribly at 30 kg, lift 25 next time (this means the barbell and a 2.5 each side)

>not counting the bar
You actually fell for it

Count the bar if you're going to tell people what you're lifting but for yourself don't count it, it's easier to calculate how much weight you need.

Adding 45/20 every time is so damn hard, gotta save that brain power for proper muscle innervation. And at least you won't accidantally a cube.

First, if you count the bar you need to remove 45/20 not add it.
Second, why would you willingly complicate something, ever heard of optimization?

So maybe it's easier to count the weight on one side, it's equal on the other one anyway?

Whatever is easier for you is the best for you, just remember to count everything when listing your stats.

Even the SL app I'm using tells me to count bar.

I'm basically a mong.

Thanks to those trying to help me regardless.

Hod do I weigh my upper body to get correct squat stats?

Pretty easy calculation, use rule of thumb
If brosplit
>0.6 x BW
If you've been on SS for a while
>0.01 x BW

Your stats are only "added" weight, just listing your weight and a photo/BF% is enough so that it's obvious for everyone that a fat guy with no muscles is going to have a harder time doing squats/pullups/chinups/pushups(any exercise where bodyweight is a factor) than someone who's heavy because of muscles or someone who's just skinny.