Can I drop barbell bench for flat dumbbell bench?

Can I drop barbell bench for flat dumbbell bench?

No, do both

yeah but it sucks

you are not allowed

Nigga just do incline dumbbell

Flat bench work is extremely overrated

Why do people on here have such a hardon for barbell bench?

Even rippetoe agrees dumbellls are better?

Because you can lift more with barbells and anons here are obsessed with numbers rather than actually getting stronger.

I hate to get them in the right place, and it fucks up your joints if you don't throw them away correctly when you bail.
Also most gyms don't have 60 kg dumbbells

Retard

Lol what? Barbell bench press both Incline and Flat are miles ahead of any dumbbell press in terms of being good for strength gains.

Strength is meme

>being this autistic and bad at reading comprehension

I find them really awkward and I feel more chest with the barbell.

I've done db bench exclusively for 6 months now. I'm actually seeing chest gains for the first time.

No regrets. Flat bench is a meme if you actually wanna look good.

Can you get good chest by just doing DB incline alone?

Being able to lift more weight doesn't mean you are stronger?

???

do barbell bench like a good boy and stop trying to do your way. you will get a better chest benching 3 4 5pl8 then whatever meme excersises you do.

Incline and flies are all you need for a good chest

In terms of musclegrowth, anything is better than barbell bench press. If you want to get stronger, you shouldn't focus much on mass anyway and keep doing barabell bench press

Incline or flat flies?

Nice Hitler digits

Bumping

>Even rippetoe agrees dumbellls are better?
Lmao, don't lie. Ripp explains that there are benefits to dumbbell bench, but the limitations make them sub optimal for linear progression. He would tell you barbell bench is superior and that's why he put it in his program.

Only because the increments are too large but that's easy to get around

Increments and setup. Good luck setting up a 300 lb dumbbell bench press by yourself.

Fuck off

Barbell bench is fun. I do incline dumbbell bench for the aesthetics though.

Absolutely yes

A big lower chest makes you look like you have tits

Please go back /pol/faggot. Those are just normal gets around here

i do both

barbell lets you press more overall weight, which i think is necessary for building strength

dumbbells give your chest a better contraction as your arms are able to abduct towards each other. This would indicate it's better for building muscle mass/definition.

That's why I do both.

you're confusing incline with decline. incline for upper chest, decline for lower.

I remember my first week in the gym, sick pump brah

anyone know a rough equivalence between db bench and bb? like if im db pressing with 50 in each arm thats obvi harder than a 100lb bench press by how much?

there was a reddit thread on r/fitness or something where they took a poll and the average dumbbell weight was 30% of the person's bench press weight. That's for each dumbbell, so if you add the two together then it's 60%.

Me personally it's more like 70%, my barbell bench is bad.